Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 03:32:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [QRK] Quark | POW/POS+MN | 0.10.7.7 - New Self Moderated Thread  (Read 63969 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (25 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
_flatlands_

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 09:37:00 PM

I wonder if the funds would have more impact just paying to be listed on Bittrex (as long as there is a dev who can be verified with Bittrex).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 10:59:36 AM

Thanks for the reply vic

this last bit

So far I have not received any indication that suggests that Max or I's involvement in the coin swap plan is desired. If the community ultimately wants to go that route, then I support it fully, however, its looking like I won't be involved.

Who is max or i's? the i's?

Can max come here and just explain why do it like this and not do a straight clone of pivx and do a coin swap to take away all the pain and waiting?

Also why is it looking like you won't be involved?

I know it is a waste of the resources we put into pactum ect but why are we reinventing the wheel? is there a good explanation?

I can't seem to grasp why max can't come here and say why it is a bad idea to just clone pivX as it is now and coin swap?

6-8 weeks for every update is going to take a long time isn't it and be costly for exchanges right ? they charge a lot for each update don't they?

It's hugely frustrating to me to have a lead dev who does not just come here for a few hours and make clear everything we all want to know.

It's like we are going around and around in big circles. This has taken months to get to a test net for adding just pos?

I agree that its completely frustrating trying to work with Max and his ways. This is why I welcome a complete new beginning and a complete severing of all ties to the past. This means anyone who can be tied to the negative history of Quark. Quark requires the laying of a new foundation to build upon that will move Quark forward into the future with a new reputation in the industry and attracting new contributors who will be confident to attach themselves to the reputation of the project.

Without laying this new foundation and starting a new beginning our efforts will be in vain and frustrated by the past.

The negative history of quark is a bit of a myth compared to any other project here really.

Max I have no real knowledge of accept he launched the coin.

I think anyone that wants to work on quark should be able to contribute.

I do not think Max should be lead dev. By his own words he only has time for coding reviews (which is good still because we need code reviews so he can certainly be very helpful there) but how can you have a lead dev that has no time for developing??

However do we have another person that is capable of coding and developing at this stage? It seems speca is a very smart guy but is not used to working with crypto right?

Vic has always be a good quarker to my knowledge so I hope he will be very involved.

Patching these updates in over time seems ludicrous to me over just going with the most recent build of pivX. Then again I am not a cryptographer or coder so i want max to tell me his reasoning for not wanting to go that route. I mean if pivx is broken project (and i am not sure if it is or not because I notice blocknet had to do some emergency fixes to their code) it is holding a huge cap if it is full of bugs.

I mean if max could explain his reasoning it would be interesting to hear.

Is there no way we can just put all of our differences aside and try and work as a team - all of us together?

I know it is frustrating to wait for max approval/disaproval on things and if he does not respond within a reasonable time frame of a few days then we have to move ahead without waiting.

How hard can it be to come here and just say it is not a good move to copy and paste piv and do a coins swap because.....bla bla bla

I sense vic and max have become isolated from the other new quarkers who are putting a lot of effort in and want to get things moving ahead. Be good if we can all just regroup and get things moving ahead in a transparent way.

One thing is for sure though max needs to get a lot more vocal on this thread if we are to await his input on decisions. Time scale is VERY important here now.

Is this pivX/ppc hybrid proven to be an advantage over just PIvx?

Shit i wish i was a developer so i could get this thing moving forward or even know which is the best direction to go.

Don't hold your breath waiting for Max to come on here to explain his actions as it just will not happen. Every project Max is attached to is a pump and dump and his reputation in

the industry is very well known for this attribute (just have a look at chaincoin https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/chaincoin/ and have a look at its charts another one of Max

pump and dumps) a few months back someone who goes by the name silvermetal was trying to warn us about Max and his pump and dumps and at the time I thought it was FUD,

but upon more research and my personal experience dealing with Max, I have been able to see, that what silvermetal was trying to warn us all about is very very credible, that

and Bill Still also in his recent video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqRyl9KbveA from 1.20 to 3.10 he speaks about his Quark experience and has credible information about Max.

What the Quark community needs to do is regroup together and sever all ties to Max and move forward together and hardfork to PIVX. Why would we not hardfork to PIVX?? it makes no sense doing what Max has been doing. None.

I also wish I was a developer so I could get this thing moving and I share your frustrations.

But without max who do we have that can actually do a hardfork of pivx and make sure it get the patches and updates it needs. Is speca ready for this yet? if not how can we go about attracting an entire new dev team?

Shanto

Activity: 311
Merit: 250

The

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 02:32:45 PM

I know a guy who can hard fork off of PivX. Question is, what is the compensation?
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 10:26:09 AM

I know a guy who can hard fork off of PivX. Question is, what is the compensation?

Well we really need to bring on a new dedicated developer /development team. Speca sounds good but I guess it will take him some time to familiarise himself with crypto specifically.

Any developer who is familiar with quark is crazy not to be buying this up for 100 sats and doing quark up it is a old and very famous coin.

tradingdisaster

Activity: 307
Merit: 100

0xb58D6E68944e195420843fA98c4A3481a5914282

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 04:01:29 PM

Unless you make peace between Max and the other faction, bringing in new dev's isn't going to help you any.

Quark used to be wide known, but that doesn't help a lot. Time has passed, only the old guard still remembers the name. Price has tanked and it would be madness to buy this coin as there are lots of bag-holders who will dump their bags like crazy at every satoshi of gains. Too much selling pressure, no interest from the ask side.
ninjacoins

Activity: 170

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 08:34:41 PM

What would happen if the project continues without Max and then down the line is he able to pull the plug on any progress?
nixon99

Activity: 637

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 08:43:53 PM

Well we really need to bring on a new dedicated developer /development team. Speca sounds good but I guess it will take him some time to familiarise himself with crypto specifically.

Any developer who is familiar with quark is crazy not to be buying this up for 100 sats and doing quark up it is a old and very famous coin.

Completely agree.

Speca777 once he engages will be a true asset to Quark.

I like the fact that he is spending the time necessary before engaging and I am sure he has many many contacts that are also software engineers/computer scientists that would be interested in this project.

Active involvement on the community side with everyone participating and contributing will cause new dev's to see that the community is alive and well. This is very important.
Well said.
I think there are many many members of the community who whilst not coding savvy would love to contribute and help in any way possible.  I know a few of whom are raring to go.
We need to hear from speccy and pondi regarding the roadmap which was promised in september.
If speccy and team of developers can code I understand that max was able to help debug.
So hopefully with vic on board this project can move ahead with all hands on deck.  And i guess that means using pivx which i think is the most sensible and quickest way forward.
ninjacoins

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 08:52:42 PM

If Pivx is used, what factors would differentiate Quark from Pivx? Will there be anything unique that Quark has?
ninjacoins

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 08:55:56 PM

What would happen if the project continues without Max and then down the line is he able to pull the plug on any progress?

I think you are misunderstanding what happens during a hard fork. Once a hard fork takes place their will be two Quark blockchains one that Max completely controls (this one we are on now) and the new Quark blockchain that will use PIVX tech.

All people who currently hold Quark will have both. If you hold 10,000 QRK prior to the hard fork then you will have two sets of coins that your private key controls, 10k on the old and 10k on the new.

If Max and the miners continue their support of the old chain, then the old chain will stay in existence.

The new Quark chain with PIVX tech will be supported by new miners and new dev's.

Thanks for the clarification Cryptovation.
Pondi

Activity: 168
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 08:32:51 AM

Completely agree.

I like the fact that he is spending the time necessary before engaging and I am sure he has many many contacts that are also software engineers/computer scientists that would be interested in this project.

Active involvement on the community side with everyone participating and contributing will cause new dev's to see that the community is alive and well. This is very important.
Well said.
I think there are many many members of the community who whilst not coding savvy would love to contribute and help in any way possible.  I know a few of whom are raring to go.
We need to hear from speccy and pondi regarding the roadmap which was promised in september.
If speccy and team of developers can code I understand that max was able to help debug.
So hopefully with vic on board this project can move ahead with all hands on deck.  And i guess that means using pivx which i think is the most sensible and quickest way forward.

My apologies to all for my absence at a time when dialogue was due.
I have been experiencing migraines the past 2 weeks, to the point that I had to abandon screens and rest for relief.  Sometimes it is necessary to spend the time to sharpen the axe, or else all energies are exhausted swinging a blunt axe.
The road map, updates and development have been delayed by many matters outside of our control. Matters such as Speca accepting an offer of new employment in another country. Speca has had multiple offers to consider over the past few weeks, impressive enough to raise many eyebrows. This has temporarily removed him from the quark project until he has settled into his new job, country and home.
He is still actively engaged in the blockchain technology learning its architecture, particularly, POS, with the belief that understanding the pos architecture in its entirety will boost the quark project beyond current expectations.
As soon as he is settled , he will soon resume work on the Quark project after work hours.
Other matters such as researching the correct technology to fork off, reviewing the quark algorithm, where it fails and where it succeeds etc.

There is so much work to do. Our intentions are not to just bootstrap quark for a quick fix only to fail where it counts.A talented long term committed development core is paramount for the project to succeed.

Although, we have no official road map as yet, I can share our fundamental intentions for Quark

1. Build a new core development team replacing Max.
2. Build a new website.
3. Replace Slack with a more secure platform.
4. Give the Quark community and stake holders command of the project in true decentralized fashion, not the developer or development team alone.
5. Rebuild Quark to the latest technology of pow/pos hybrid with a built in development fund for the future. (PIVX is ideal for Quark as it stands)
6. A new mobile wallet.
7. Get Quark listed on leading exchanges.
8. Bring to Quark integrity, honesty and transparency.
9. Honor those who believed in and backed Quark, only to get burned by the experience.
10. Revive the old community Quark once had.
11.Take Quark to excellence through innovative development.
12. Listen to the Quark community and execute its will.

Feel free to add your ideas to the list.

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 12:31:48 PM

Completely agree.

Well said.
I think there are many many members of the community who whilst not coding savvy would love to contribute and help in any way possible.  I know a few of whom are raring to go.
So hopefully with vic on board this project can move ahead with all hands on deck.  And i guess that means using pivx which i think is the most sensible and quickest way forward.

I have been experiencing migraines the past 2 weeks, to the point that I had to abandon screens and rest for relief.  Sometimes it is necessary to spend the time to sharpen the axe, or else all energies are exhausted swinging a blunt axe.
The road map, updates and development have been delayed by many matters outside of our control. Matters such as Speca accepting an offer of new employment in another country. Speca has had multiple offers to consider over the past few weeks, impressive enough to raise many eyebrows. This has temporarily removed him from the quark project until he has settled into his new job, country and home.
He is still actively engaged in the blockchain technology learning its architecture, particularly, POS, with the belief that understanding the pos architecture in its entirety will boost the quark project beyond current expectations.
As soon as he is settled , he will soon resume work on the Quark project after work hours.
Other matters such as researching the correct technology to fork off, reviewing the quark algorithm, where it fails and where it succeeds etc.

There is so much work to do. Our intentions are not to just bootstrap quark for a quick fix only to fail where it counts.A talented long term committed development core is paramount for the project to succeed.

Although, we have no official road map as yet, I can share our fundamental intentions for Quark

2. Build a new website.
4. Give the Quark community and stake holders command of the project in true decentralized fashion, not the developer or development team alone.
5. Rebuild Quark to the latest technology of pow/pos hybrid with a built in development fund for the future. (PIVX is ideal for Quark as it stands)
6. A new mobile wallet.
9. Honor those who believed in and backed Quark, only to get burned by the experience.

That's quite unfortunate news.

Shame at these prices a full time developer does not spot this opportunity. If I was a skilled dev i would be purchasing a project like quark by the bucket at 100 sats levels and produce a product worthy of 10000 sats level at least.

If we had a super block created like blocknet did to provide a dev with this incentive (for milestones met) this could get the attention of some good devs on here.

Or a coin swap with a 6 month cut off and the unswapped goes into the dev fund. That would I imagine amount to 10% of the minting.

nixon99

Activity: 637

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 05:15:12 PM

Sorry to hear about your probs Pondi, I hope you feel better real soon.
It'd be good to hear from Speccy a few words on his thoughts for the project.  Communication is key around these parts, we all have smart phones and it doesn't take much time and effort to login here and keep channels open.

To add to your list, I support crptovation's wish to make Quark quantum secure/resistant. It would give it a USP and make it a stand out coin (again).  I'd plough resources into that goal.

Can we hear from Max or Vic why a simple(?) switch to Pivx code isn't cheaper/faster/better at his moment.

Peace and love.
Pondi

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 04:55:35 AM

Completely agree.

Well said.

2. Build a new website.
6. A new mobile wallet.

That's quite unfortunate news.

Shame at these prices a full time developer does not spot this opportunity. If I was a skilled dev i would be purchasing a project like quark by the bucket at 100 sats levels and produce a product worthy of 10000 sats level at least.

If we had a super block created like blocknet did to provide a dev with this incentive (for milestones met) this could get the attention of some good devs on here.

Or a coin swap with a 6 month cut off and the unswapped goes into the dev fund. That would I imagine amount to 10% of the minting.

I understand how tempting that would be to get things moving and at the same time provide some funding, however I believe Quark investors without exception deserve an open ended coin swap. This is how I see it at this present time.

Pondi

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 05:07:22 AM

Sorry to hear about your probs Pondi, I hope you feel better real soon.
It'd be good to hear from Speccy a few words on his thoughts for the project.  Communication is key around these parts, we all have smart phones and it doesn't take much time and effort to login here and keep channels open.

To add to your list, I support crptovation's wish to make Quark quantum secure/resistant. It would give it a USP and make it a stand out coin (again).  I'd plough resources into that goal.

Can we hear from Max or Vic why a simple(?) switch to Pivx code isn't cheaper/faster/better at his moment.

Peace and love.

Speca will post when he is ready to reengage on the forum. I have been posting in his stead while he has so much on his plate. Forums are time consuming, it wont hurt us to be a little patient. We are still looking for more developers to commit to this project, there is a huge opportunity in quark as Cryptohunter has pointed out.
Pondi

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 05:17:57 AM

Thats great to hear, what is his achievements so far?
Is he reliable?
Would he be willing to commit to quark for a while?
What do you think is an appropriate compensation for him to receive from the quark community?
valutov

Activity: 139

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 08:44:04 PM

Quark is wonderful! The main thing that a coin can do, like a monetary system, is to produce a useful socio-economic effect. Quark did it. He collected interesting people together, until a critical social mass accumulated. Then there was an explosion. Quark became the third currency, having made a super record of crypto growth. The quark is again cheap and I want to buy it again. Hello everybody! Hi Colin, I really like your music!

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 09:22:28 PM

Thats great to hear, what is his achievements so far?
Is he reliable?
Would he be willing to commit to quark for a while?
What do you think is an appropriate compensation for him to receive from the quark community?

I don't think we can put quark in the hands of unknown persons who can vanish as quickly as they appear.

I will even wait for max and his glacial time frames rather than let unknown person not even part of the quark community.

Unless this guy who can fork quark is a know developer to this board let's wait for max or speca.

Would be good if we could grab the attention of a proven dev here but we would need to give them incentive.

_flatlands_

Activity: 96

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 12:58:51 PM

Back in June this year Thule was asking for donations to promote Quark.  You can see at the top of page 450 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=260031.8980

He is either a fudder or a conman.  Take your pick.
valutov

Activity: 139

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 04:59:22 PM

Back in June this year Thule was asking for donations to promote Quark.  You can see at the top of page 450 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=260031.8980

He is either a fudder or a conman.  Take your pick.

this man was driven mad by speculation
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 07:38:54 PM

Guys Quark is dead.

I told you months before the old Group has taken control of Quark again since there is profit.
Have a look at the beginning of that thread how their group
Digitalindustry
Max
MCP
Cryptohunter
etc

Pushed Quark and attacked anybody who showed proof about that coin.
China is dead for Quark and soon in next 6 months the rest of the world will be also dead for Quark since Quark has no valid product or backup.
Its just a coin with a name and Brand and thats it.It will won't be accept anywhere anymore.
Times changed.
Even if you would like to revive that coin which is in my eyes impossible you would first get rid of
Max and his core members who are also main coin holders and dumping when they see profit and no growth possibility.
Why do you think Digitalindustry isn't posting anymore ?
Because he dumped again some coins and see's there is no future to make money.

I gave everyone the advise to dump their Quarks at $0.1 and informed that Digitalindustry joined back Quark and that it will lead to another dump session.
You should have listened to me.You just don't learn from the past

How are you this insane.
You can't have the argument both ways. Either max and DI and indeed myself have dumped or we are in control of all of the coins?

Please stop making up stupid accusations. I see millions of quark changing hands over and over here. I minded mine fairly against anyone else and still I have to put up with his moronic nonsense that somehow I'm an inside quark scammer.

Either be constructive or I think face a final ban from this thread.

Max and DI I have no idea how many they now hold or have held.

If you look at the obvious reason qrk has totally crashed is btc38 and china being closed down.  The same has happened to many others that heavily relied on chinese markets. WDC has had the same and mec and several others.

I would love analysis on the top holder wallets over the last 6 months. I wonder how many even sold their coins.

Although I agree on one thing quark is a mess I would not invest another cent in it until I see some solid development. The last few months have produced nothing much at all. Max is only apparently able to do code reviews (not much help but it is something) and speca (has a new job abroad and does not have much spare time and is not actually a crypto developer per say) so therefore so far we have nothing much to get excited over right now.

QRK though is a famous coin (regardless of what people are saying here) many other coins were branched from quark and now even coins copying its name qwark.

This coin can be turned around and any smart developer here would be noticing at 100 sats levels quark is ripe for a total refurb.

Although for sure it is a big gamble to buy it now in its current state unless you're a developer capable of bringing quark up to date.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: