Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 09:11:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [QRK] Quark | POW/POS+MN | 0.10.7.7 - New Self Moderated Thread  (Read 64000 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (25 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
DigiTone

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 03:23:56 PM

Hi,

For 10.6.3 -

Do i need to download the setup.exe file or the zip file?

i have tried both - when i extract the zip file and try to open the quark-cli file a black window opens for a split second then disappears and nothing else happens. The setup.exe fails to download with a message saying virus detected (by windows defender). any idea what i need to do?

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 03:28:17 PM

Hi,

For 10.6.3 -

i have tried both - when i extract the zip file and try to open the quark-cli file a black window opens for a split second then disappears and nothing else happens. The setup.exe fails to download with a message saying virus detected (by windows defender). any idea what i need to do?

Yeah that needs to be sorted really... it probably is not a virus but a false alarm but still these things need to be ironed out since it prevents some people from installing it.

Kornat

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 03:42:52 PM

Hi All, need to ask again just not as quote this time Tongue

I,ve done everything from the instruction: downloaded the newest wallet version, synced, typed the staking commands, checked the mining status (genrate: true), wallet is unblocked yet so far... nothing Sad

I have a quark balance from 2014 so I assume that staking process should work. How should it actually work? Is the staking result visible only after the declared time for unblocking wallet is passed? Can I somehow check if the staking process is working?

Will be grateful for any help.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 03:52:22 PM

I,ve done everything from the instruction: downloaded the newest wallet version, synced, typed the staking commands, checked the mining status (genrate: true), wallet is unblocked yet so far... nothing Sad

I have a quark balance from 2014 so I assume that staking process should work. How should it actually work? Is the staking result visible only after the declared time for unblocking wallet is passed? Can I somehow check if the staking process is working?

Staking time will still depend on stake weight i think so it will depend on how many coins you have there?

I may be incorrect but i think you may have to weight if only a small amount of coins.

good to see the old quarkers back though.

I wonder if we can reconstruct a once vibrant community. Once quark was only 2nd to doge and ltc in the alt community

Kornat

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 04:23:00 PM

Staking time will still depend on stake weight i think so it will depend on how many coins you have there?

I may be incorrect but i think you may have to weight if only a small amount of coins.

good to see the old quarkers back though.

I wonder if we can reconstruct a once vibrant community. Once quark was only 2nd to doge and ltc in the alt community

Thanks for the answer. I've got only around 10 k Sad - far from the amounts which were mentioned in previous posts Tongue

So patiance is the key Smiley
Tara11

Activity: 728
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 07:09:10 PM

I tried everything. The bootstrap and reindexing. Wallet just loading blocks forever. Would it be fine if I just download the blocks from beginning with latest wallet?
robert3harrison

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 09:05:32 PM

Been running the daemon (quarkd) for almost 2 days now with 88K coins staking and no rewards. How long does it take to get a reward?
Pondi

Activity: 168
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 09:17:12 PM

Hi,

For 10.6.3 -

You will need both if you are having problems with downloading the chain via the nodes.
1. Windows defender should allow download of the exe, but will prevent the installation. When you get the windows defender window pop up click on more information, from there you will be able to allow anyway.

2. The bootstrap will unzip for sure with winrar. Install the free version only, there is no need to buy it, I have been using the free version for many years. https://www.win-rar.com/postdownload.html?&L=0&f=winrar-x64-550.exe&spV=true&subD=true

Follow the instructions again along with the above 2 points followed.
cheers
Pondi

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 09:20:30 PM

Been running the daemon (quarkd) for almost 2 days now with 88K coins staking and no rewards. How long does it take to get a reward?

how long have your coins been sitting for without moving them to another address?
robert3harrison

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 09:34:50 PM

how long have your coins been sitting for without moving them to another address?

Over a year. Did get one stake 4 days ago when I was running the qui qt wallet, but nothing since restarting 2 days ago with just the daemon.
Pondi

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 09:40:29 PM

Over a year. Did get one stake 4 days ago when I was running the qui qt wallet, but nothing since restarting 2 days ago with just the daemon.

I would stick with the QT for the moment, as I know that works.
robert3harrison

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 09:54:08 PM

How often do you get rewards?
Pondi

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 10:08:34 PM

How often do you get rewards?
My rewards were arriving gradually over about 18 hours then it stopped. I closed down my wallet as I am busy running other programs atm
_flatlands_

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 12:23:25 AM

Hi,

For 10.6.3 -

It may be getting put in quarantine by your virus protector.
If you have something like AVG you can go in the settings ->exceptions and choose the path to your quark folder.
Godmode45

Activity: 15

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 11:28:41 AM

Hello
Trying to update from 9.2.7 beta,  but 10.6.3 says cant import dump file.
And if I copy it into appdata\quarkcoin it wont show coins or any transaction white sync.
Switched back to 9.2.7 and sync is fine until 7 weeks,  the i get "no source".

Anyone know what to do?

Save your wallet.dat file you can find it if you search %appdata% in windows which will take you to roaming folder then find Quark folder and save your wallet.dat file. put dat file in safe place and delete everything else completely.

Then download 0.10.6.3 and remove the wallet.dat file that is empty and then replace the wallet.dat file with your saved one that has your balance and transactions. Wait until your synced for balance to appear.

Follow the instructions Pondi has suggested for fast download of blockchain.

Tryed both with bootstrap and network sync,  neither work.
Wont show balance or transactions. (It show right adress tho)
I set up sgminer and mined some coins and set "problem wallet adress" on payout.
Mined 15 coins but wallet dont show transactions or balance on new coins.
How is this possible?
Pondi

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 06:26:04 PM

Hello
And if I copy it into appdata\quarkcoin it wont show coins or any transaction white sync.

Anyone know what to do?

Save your wallet.dat file you can find it if you search %appdata% in windows which will take you to roaming folder then find Quark folder and save your wallet.dat file. put dat file in safe place and delete everything else completely.

Then download 0.10.6.3 and remove the wallet.dat file that is empty and then replace the wallet.dat file with your saved one that has your balance and transactions. Wait until your synced for balance to appear.

Tryed both with bootstrap and network sync,  neither work.
I set up sgminer and mined some coins and set "problem wallet adress" on payout.
How is this possible?

Forgive me, but I am confused about how and what did not work.

1. Did you get the latest wallet version running and synced from the bootstrap?
2. Are you saying that your balance on your wallet is zero?

Godmode45

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 09:04:26 PM

Hello

Anyone know what to do?

Tryed both with bootstrap and network sync,  neither work.
How is this possible?

Forgive me, but I am confused about how and what did not work.

1. Did you get the latest wallet version running and synced from the bootstrap?
2. Are you saying that your balance on your wallet is zero?

Yes 10.6.3,  tryed both bootstrap and to let it sync by itself from node.
Yes balance is zero,  and still zero after mining and sending more coins to the adress.
9nodes connected.
Also tryed to find adress on block explorer,  but cant find it.
Really veird yea?
ianmcm

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 10:07:09 PM

Yes balance is zero,  and still zero after mining and sending more coins to the adress.
9nodes connected.
Really veird yea?

Sounds like you have a few problems, I'm sorry. Did you mine on a pool or solo?
Godmode45

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 10:28:21 PM

9nodes connected.
Really veird yea?

Sounds like you have a few problems, I'm sorry. Did you mine on a pool or solo?

The coins on wallet before upgrade to 10.6 was mined with wallet.  Mined for some months and it would sux to loose the coins. 
New coins to test balance/transactions was on aikapool.
Godmode45

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 12:12:14 AM

https://quarktalk.cc/threads/unable-to-send-quarks.1838/
Well this suck,  my 37000qrk down the drain?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: