Bitcoin Forum
July 08, 2024, 10:47:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 132 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC-e hacked ??  (Read 199695 times)
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 4388

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 07:09:31 AM

this thread is a hell of a lot more useful, and easier to read, if you put a couple of these noobs that JUST KEEP POSTING THE SAME GODDAMN THING OVER AND OVER on ignore

just sayin'

(not you daserpent, that was the good stuff)

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
Censorship of e-gold was easy. Censorship of Bitcoin will be… entertaining.
YesLOST

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 07:13:19 AM

this thread is a hell of a lot more useful, and easier to read, if you put a couple of these noobs that JUST KEEP POSTING THE SAME GODDAMN THING OVER AND OVER on ignore

just sayin'

(not you daserpent, that was the good stuff)

Are you kidding me? Look at the fucking wallet, 2017-07-29 23:09:20, it is a developing story.

https://blockchain.info/address/16ZbpCEyVVdqu8VycWR8thUL2Rd9JnjzHt

And let people post their grief in public, we have lost tons of money.
marky89

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 07:14:29 AM

+ 120 million ETH on the move.

$520 million on the move that we know of, this is craziness.

Well, not that crazy. At some point, either the US authorities or the BTC-E admins were going to start moving the crypto. Unfortunately, we don't have much clue at this point which one of them it was, right? And even if it was BTC-E, that doesn't mean they're going to relaunch.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
xtimus

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 07:17:04 AM

More ether just moved

https://etherscan.io/address/0x8eb3fa7907ad2ef4c7e3ba4b1d2f2aac6f4b5ae6
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2017, 07:18:29 AM

ya right.  USA government has everything right now.  their "inictment" was from January 2017.  that . means they already got all the necessary legal shit to hack btc-e and prepare for this takedown.  they already had everything in place since the last 6 months

There certainly seems to be a case in this thread of underestimating law enforcement. These guys will have done a lot of groundwork and collected a lot of evidence for this case. This isn't just two cops in a panda car cuffing a guy.

When things go right, the FBI (etc) issues a takedown and seizure of funds is the headliner in the press release. Not the case here. =

No one has any idea what they will do with the seized funds.  The FBI doesn't just immediately move funds.  For the same reason that they didn't redirect BTC-e.com immediately.  They let it sit for a day or two.  And then they changed the nameservers

Nameservers are irrelevant once the word is out

But the emphasized part certainly is. It simply makes no sense to keep funds once they get the keys. This is not dollars sitting in a bank account where no one can move them without prior consent of the bank (in this case the FBI). This is Crypto, after all. What if someone else knows the keys and moves the money right ahead of them? As to me, moving funds to a different wallet would be the first thing these guys would do

jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 4388

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 07:18:46 AM

Well, not that crazy. At some point, either the US authorities or the BTC-E admins were going to start moving the crypto. Unfortunately, we don't have much clue at this point which one of them it was, right? And even if it was BTC-E, that doesn't mean they're going to relaunch.

Exactly, none of us know a goddamn thing, endless repetitions of some peoples self referential doom scenarios with NO added information have exceeded my bandwidth patience.

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
Censorship of e-gold was easy. Censorship of Bitcoin will be… entertaining.
YesLOST

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 07:31:54 AM

Delusional is very strong here.
Error 522

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 07:39:50 AM

Delusional is very strong here.

I picture you as a sadistic troll sitting in front of his computer.

325ixa

Activity: 4

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 08:08:06 AM

i picture him as a dick.
YesLOST

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 08:23:37 AM

I lost $200k thanks for your concern.
SEELE^^01

Activity: 952
Merit: 137

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 08:38:53 AM

I feel sorry for you and why the fuk had you so much money on an exchange Oo? Ive deposited everything above 10k and rest was playmoney.
tradingalittle

Activity: 1

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 08:44:39 AM

I see you didn't research this before you posted it....

It's been proven that one of those accounts does not belong to btc-e, and can you prove that the other account does?
GröBkAz

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 08:48:32 AM

Thats why experts always say, dont put all your eggs in a single basket..

i fear of those peoples money get stucked in BTC-e.. will they ever get it back?
YesLOST

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 08:55:35 AM

I see you didn't research this before you posted it....

It's been proven that one of those accounts does not belong to btc-e, and can you prove that the other account does?

Well, where did I say it is btce wallets? I just posted that coins on the move as it is a coincidence with btce offline, and the ETH account on the move too. So you can post the source of that proof, I will appreciate it. Two days ago (like I wrote in this thread here) I believed it too that those are Coinbase or Polo wallets but I just cant find any proof for that. If you google for that addresses, even a Facebook entry of mtgox turns up stating that the address belongs to them (in 2014).
bitjoin

Activity: 1372

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 09:01:12 AM

wow really? thats pretty crazy. Must be BTC-e trying to run with funds cause why would us gov move stuff about multiple times.

THE BEST IN SPACE
AUTO-COMPOUNDING DEFI 3.0
PROTOCOL ON BSC
▀█▄▄▄                                                                      ▄▄▄█▀
▀██
████▄▄▄                                                          ▄▄▄██████▀
▀▀███
██████▄▄▄                                              ▄▄▄█████████▀▀
▀▀████
████████▄▄▄                                ▄▄▄████████████▀▀
▀████████████████▄ ▄▄                  ▄▄ ▄████████████████▀
████████████████████▄▄          ▄▄████████████████████
▀█████████████████████        █████████████████████▀
▀████
███████████████▌      ▐███████████████
████▀
▀▀█████████
██████████████████
█████████▀▀
▀████████████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████████▀

▀██
█████ ███    ███ ███████▀
▀▀███   ██    ██   ███▀▀
.....5 0 1 , 6 5 2 %   A P Y......
|     TWITTER     |    TELEGRAM    |     DISCORD     |
....JOIN NOW....
JamesNixon

Activity: 3

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 09:11:08 AM

I have been mining and trading on BTC-E and other exchanges for years and used my personal savings to acquire cryptos and trading them in return. I do not even smoke or drink alcohol, let alone visit black markets, or launder money.

I am not american, did my KYC procedures whilst opening trading accounts on BTC-E (which was the first and only exchange to practice this that I know of, so much for the official version of non existing KYC procedures) wired money without neither trouble nor excessive charges, withdrawn coins without a hassle, requested and got assistance in a timely manner from the helpdesk also without notable issues, each of my transactions could be tracked to either mining or liquid funds of legitimate provenance. For years I appreciated the professionalism and -I can say- honesty of BTC-E contrary to what some people have been claiming, or pretend to be claiming (remains to be seen if they are telling the truth). And this for transactions that were in excess of $100k+.

Therefore:
 - Do my trading activities on btc-e.com make me a criminal?
 - Why would the US government sequester my hard earned assets left on accounts of the exchange, especially if they have no relation to the US and are not located on US soil? Sequestration happens in the absence of any legal proceedings due in this case, or no proceedings at all.

Furthermore, could the shutdown of BTC-E be perceived as a first attack against unregulated crypto markets by the US government and mega banks?

Behind this governmental heist against BTC-E there was a tactic; namely to smear one of the oldest exchanges to transvestite it into a den of thieves in the perception of the ignoramus in order not to raise questions about the overreach and the sheer arrogance of the US government. This was clearly completely unjustified (and to date I have to see any solid proof of this).

And just at the same time, the EU recently presented a report claiming that criminals lack the skill to use cryptocurrencies:
http://europeanmemoranda.cabinetoffice.gov.uk/files/2017/07/10977-17-ADD-2.pdf

This governmental robbery could be the first in the series, and do not be surprised if either other exchanges are closed this way around the world (which is an unacceptable act of piracy on the part of an organization which prides itself in being "the most virtuous democracy in the world") or made to become compliant by extracting huge taxes and fines on each transaction made there.

The real concern of the US behind the move seems to be a threat of cryptos to their emission profit relative to the US dollar. Cryptos act as a substitute of the world dollar, and such substitution is increasing as time goes on. The US attempts if not to abolish the BTC, but then try and get the lion share of the pie deriving from BTC emission and circulation, through any means available.

The idea from there could be to force a majority of exchanges to close down or reduce volumes in order to switch to more regulated exchanges, which will give the control to wallst banks and other big players in the financial industry for a number of reasons, boiling down to what currently happens to precious metals markets (gold and silver in particular): indeed replace all the actual bitcoin exchange activities by some paper based markets that will allow megabanks to crush prices whenever they reach key technical levels, which in turn will destroy the market the same way it happens with gold and silver while making parasite megabanks even more wealthy, thus perpetuating the current international financial scheme.

So, to end up this post, is there anyone right here trying to organize a class action against the US government on behalf of legitimate users? -If so, what are the conditions and where do I sign in?
bj9k

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2017, 09:18:55 AM

So, to end up this post, is there anyone right here trying to organize a class action against the US government on behalf of legitimate users? -If so, what are the conditions and where do I sign in?

When that comes to that there would be news on coindesk and other sites. It will take months before that and only if Vinnik would be extradited to US and if Vinnik or US gov is in control of funds. And then it will take couple of years before settlement.

Chat channel about btc-e: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#fegbox
erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 09:21:25 AM

wow really? thats pretty crazy. Must be BTC-e trying to run with funds cause why would us gov move stuff about multiple times.

To "run with funds" all you need to do is move them once from the private keys you think might be compromised, to new ones that you know are not.
jonnyrock

Activity: 8

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 09:24:39 AM

this thread has turned into a load of crap posted by idiots ,ill take no further part in this .bitcointalk was always full of idiots which is why i never joined til now .get a life fellas and come back when you have some facts
JamesNixon

Activity: 3

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 09:28:28 AM

When that comes to that there would be news on coindesk and other sites. It will take months before that and only if Vinnik would be extradited to US and if Vinnik or US gov is in control of funds. And then it will take couple of years before settlement.

Chat channel about btc-e: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#fegbox

Even if they do not have the funds in their custody right now they have damages and compensation to pay to regular traders because of disruption of services and the potential loss of part or the whole of their deposits.

To put things in perspective, nobody has seen the US government closing down and sequestrating assets and accounts of JPM or Goldman Sachs further some of their worst alleged frauds (documented, that were much worse than what is being presented to the public right now).

Therefore the way they decided to deal with the issue is highly political and meant at causing more harm than anything else. And this has a consequence on honest people, but I repeat myself.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 132 »
  Print  

Jump to: