Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:04:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 132 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC-e hacked ??  (Read 199686 times)
325ixa

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 08:49:59 PM

Is this guy a troll or just an ass-clown?

just an ass.
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bj9k

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2017, 08:51:55 PM

Name:   btc-e.com
Activity:   1652
Position:   Legendary
Date Registered:   July 09, 2011, 04:09:27 PM
Last Active:   Today at 08:16:26 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=33012

Relation between his time login and ETH coins moving.

https://etherscan.io/address/0x8eb3fa7907ad2ef4c7e3ba4b1d2f2aac6f4b5ae6

But just barely $10.000 worth of ETH into wallet that is already having 95.000.000$. Probably some signs that they are alive.
brainland

Activity: 96

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 08:53:13 PM

Relation between his time login and ETH coins moving.

[/quote]

THIS>>>>>>>https://etherscan.io/address/0x91337a300e0361bddb2e377dd4e88ccb7796663d
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 4345

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 08:59:06 PM

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
Censorship of e-gold was easy. Censorship of Bitcoin will be… entertaining.
TheKoziTwo
Legendary

Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 09:01:00 PM

Offline again now... and no new post.
I don't think we should expect anything contributing and truthful to come from both their forum and twitter account. It's obvious that these accounts don't solely represent the main figures behind BTC-E.

According to their previous statements things were about to get fixed, where after that they would come back to serve their customers again.

It means that at that time the accounts were under control of (likely) hired staff, or they have been blatantly lying to us. Funny thing is that XBTCE tries to distance itself from BTC-E, while they very likely are the same service.
No, I don't think they were lying, they just didn't know. Some of their infrastructure clearly got hit/seized, and interrupted their service. Most likely that message was before they knew of the arrest.

PAMMtrader

Activity: 2

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 09:06:51 PM

@mayax
Go fuck yourself, fucking gloter I see you see pride in other people misfortune, I guess you are happy now
One day you will lose also, then you will remember I am sure of that

Yes, because I warned for so many times and you and others...in your arrogance ignored all these alerts. YOU must VERY stupid to "play"  a large amount by using an exchanger like BTC-e.

There is another alternative but you said that your funds were OK(if your funds were not clean).

I real investor will never use unregulated exchangers. why would I do that? nobody answered yet.

Look to these forex companies. They are all REGULATED and they accept BTC. why wouldn't use them? Smiley  well, the answer is : either you are a sheep or stupid or your funds were not clean.

https://www.plus500.com/

https://www.ig.com

www.fxcm.com/

http://www.avatrade.com/trading-info/range-of-markets/cryptocurrencies/bitcoin

Plus 500: no metatrader, no PAMM, terrible spreads (0.5% in btc up to 2.5% in dash)
ig: no PAMM, only BTC pairs no other cryptos, terrible spreads (minimum 10$)
fxcm: doesn't even mention crypto anywhere, + no PAMM
avatrade: no PAMM, terrible spreads (minimum 16$)

+ until days ago FxOpen, Avatrade and others used btc-e as THEIR liquidity provider. For god's sake, avatrade still lists btc-e as their btc/eur exchange!
Looks like they too were either sheep, stupid or criminal?

Come back when you have some better suggestions dipshit!

And for all those smart-asses that come along reminding people about how to store coins best: yes, for buy-and-holders your own wallet/cold storage is the way to go.
But for traders that change positions every two days and open short positions too, there is just no other way...

mo_mo

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 09:11:08 PM

there always a chance for them to come back, U.S shouldn't control other countries business.
bj9k

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2017, 09:14:53 PM

@mayax
Go fuck yourself, fucking gloter I see you see pride in other people misfortune, I guess you are happy now
One day you will lose also, then you will remember I am sure of that

Yes, because I warned for so many times and you and others...in your arrogance ignored all these alerts. YOU must VERY stupid to "play"  a large amount by using an exchanger like BTC-e.

There is another alternative but you said that your funds were OK(if your funds were not clean).

I real investor will never use unregulated exchangers. why would I do that? nobody answered yet.

Look to these forex companies. They are all REGULATED and they accept BTC. why wouldn't use them? Smiley  well, the answer is : either you are a sheep or stupid or your funds were not clean.

https://www.plus500.com/

https://www.ig.com

www.fxcm.com/

http://www.avatrade.com/trading-info/range-of-markets/cryptocurrencies/bitcoin

Plus 500: no metatrader, no PAMM, terrible spreads (0.5% in btc up to 2.5% in dash)
ig: no PAMM, only BTC pairs no other cryptos, terrible spreads (minimum 10$)
fxcm: doesn't even mention crypto anywhere, + no PAMM
avatrade: no PAMM, terrible spreads (minimum 16$)

+ until days ago FxOpen, Avatrade and others used btc-e as THEIR liquidity provider. For god's sake, avatrade still lists btc-e as their btc/eur exchange!
Looks like they too were either sheep, stupid or criminal?

Come back when you have some better suggestions dipshit!

And for all those smart-asses that come along reminding people about how to store coins best: yes, for buy-and-holders your own wallet/cold storage is the way to go.
But for traders that change positions every two days and open short positions too, there is just no other way...

Avatrade is the best Cheesy

"When is cryptocurrencies’ trading available?
..... With AvaTrade you can trade them all week long, while during the weekend only the closing of positions is available."

So if I close long position on weekend, who's buying?! Ava herself? Cheesy
doctorkesh

Activity: 12

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 09:17:16 PM

Hi everyone,

I hope everyone is fine and still hoping for the best.

Interestingly ETH from BTC-e waller were transferred to this address yesterday.  Since then small amounts were added, but of note is the 54.635 ETH from Polo's wallet.  

This is definitely not FBI in that case.  This means BTC-e still has control.

Those of us who are also on the telegram chat already have heard rumors that BTC-e will be coming back around th 6th or 8th of August.  They will be introduing some really harsh withdrawl commissions, but I think it is all understandable given the current circumstances.  From my point of view, the biggest mistake they made was hosting the original site from US based servers.  If they can move it to any country where USA/FBI does not have any jurisdiction, then perhaps things can turn out in a positive manner.

I hope we all can get back our favorite exchange.... and also our money...

Wish everyone all the best.

Kind regards,

doctorkesh    
Ganymede

Activity: 53
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 09:17:44 PM

When I saw the sad picture of various badges of the US agencies on the btc-e's web site I had even greater admiration for Kim Dotcom who is still standing. Just wanted to share.

Any guess when we can expect the service to re-open if ever? My best guess would be in 2-3 months, if we are lucky. Although a tweet in Russian mentioned in 5 to 10 days, hardly believable.  Shocked

Be careful! Don't lose your Bitcoins in November 2017 forks!!!
See a very serious warning here: https://bitcoin.org (https://bitcoin.org/en/alert/2017-10-09-segwit2x-safety)
beteasea

Activity: 1

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 09:26:11 PM

When I saw the sad picture of various badges of the US agencies on the btc-e's web site I had even greater admiration for Kim Dotcom who is still standing. Just wanted to share.

Any guess when we can expect the service to re-open if ever? My best guess would be in 2-3 months, if we are lucky. Although a tweet in Russian mentioned in 5 to 10 days, hardly believable.  Shocked

Those badges shout out loud: We Athes declare ourselves entitled to bully the whole friggin world.

This time they may have been poking into an ant hill...
xtimus

Activity: 69

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 09:27:31 PM

it shouldn't be 2-3 months for changing servers and making sure infrastructure is intact. Probably around two weeks if they work hard. At most 1 month.
bitcoinlitcoinbtcltc

Activity: 717
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 09:31:14 PM

THREAD CLOSURE REQUEST;

IT IS A FACT THAT BTC-E WON'T RETURN. ALL OUR MONIES IS LOST.
WE MUST ACCEPT THIS. THIS THREAD WONT CHANGE ANYTHING AND ONLY MAKE VICTIMS HURT MORE.

MODERATORS, PLEASE DELETE ALL BTC-E RELATED THREADS AND ADD BTC-E TO GRAVEYARD OF EXCHANGES.

bonker

Activity: 784
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 09:32:41 PM

Any guess when we can expect the service to re-open if ever? My best guess would be in 2-3 months, if we are lucky. Although a tweet in Russian mentioned in 5 to 10 days, hardly believable.  Shocked

Latest Odds:

1) Btc-e does a deal with the US, pays fine, re-opens: 40% (smart business)
2) Btc-e runs with the money 5% (dumb)
3) Btc-e gives the US the finger and re-opens under a new domain: 20% (Russian style big balls)
4) Feds take all funds and keep it for the benefit of humanity: 15% (crypto apocalypse)
4) Feds take funds and refund people in a reasonable timeframe: 5%
5) Hot blonde sucks my dick next week: 15%

These statistics are 100% accurate, please do not argue with the truth

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
erk

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 09:37:20 PM

If exit scam's theories be true, i think the domain seized is fake and owners build it themselves.

It's an incredibly crappy page, no links for further information, and it has the badges of several agencies that have nothing to do with what's going on.

There is no big deal getting a domain that is out of US government control, letting people know about it is the trick.
Ganymede

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 09:37:48 PM

Any guess when we can expect the service to re-open if ever? My best guess would be in 2-3 months, if we are lucky. Although a tweet in Russian mentioned in 5 to 10 days, hardly believable.  Shocked

Latest Odds:

3) Btc-e gives the US the finger and re-opens under a new domain: 20% (Russian style big balls)
4) Feds take all funds and keep it for the benefit of humanity: 15% (crypto apocalypse)

I like the odd number 3) and I think you miscalculated percent for the odd 5), it should be 0%. Smiley))))

See a very serious warning here: https://bitcoin.org (https://bitcoin.org/en/alert/2017-10-09-segwit2x-safety)
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 4345

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 09:44:16 PM

I'll take Russian balls for 20 Alex

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
Censorship of e-gold was easy. Censorship of Bitcoin will be… entertaining.
Darooghe

Activity: 1120
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 09:45:08 PM

Latest Odds:

Option 2 is certain and no escape from it. do not argue with it

If exit scam's theories be true, i think the domain seized is fake and owners build it themselves.

It's an incredibly crappy page, no links for further information, and it has the badges of several agencies that have nothing to do with what's going on.

There is no big deal getting a domain that is out of US government control, letting people know about it is the trick.

It's just a trick.
Every child can found out
Ganymede

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 09:51:27 PM

it shouldn't be 2-3 months for changing servers and making sure infrastructure is intact. Probably around two weeks if they work hard. At most 1 month.

If there is an ongoing investigation in their premises it can last even longer than 3 months, but I like your optimism, then they'll truly become another Kim Dotcom. Wow!!!

erk

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 09:56:28 PM

If there is an ongoing investigation in their premises it can last even longer than 3 months, but I like your optimism, then they'll truly become another Kim Dotcom. Wow!!!

Kim Dotcom operated his servers on US soil, BTC-e didn't
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 132 »
  Print  

Jump to: