Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:26:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ### A ChainWorks Industries (CWI) Project - CWIgm | Simple Powerful Stable  (Read 67708 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2017, 07:46:00 AM

I'm pretty sure the answer is obvious but just want to check, can CWIgm be used with miningrigrental or will it be supported?

no ...

for the moment the miner is locked to our pool - as explained in one of the earlier posts ...

this may change - it may not - we have yet to decide ... but being a beta - there is a long way to go to get the stability ( and optimization ) that we would like to get to ...

currently - we are focusing on stability and ease of use ... optimization will come later ...

#crysx

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
damniatx

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 07:48:10 AM

@OP

Please be ready. some big guy moving in to this pool.

Wink

welcome ...

are they testing sigt AND dnr - or just one of the pools / algos ? ...

#crysx

SIGT it seems
chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2017, 07:56:32 AM

If I launch all 8 GPUs in one instance, the power usage curve jumps from 30% to 100% each 3 seconds, making miner not PSU-friendly.
I had same issue with other skunk miners, so my own recipe was to run 2 miner instances.

But when I launch 2 instances of miner to make separate process for 3x1080ti and 5x1070 GPUs,
1080tis are working great and very stable, but 1070s doing something weird: after a couple of minutes two last GPUs stop working at all.

Also running 2 instances does not change stratum difficulty, so my hashrate is lost between blocks if they found too quickly.
Since 3-4 SIGT blocks can be found in a row with small steps like 3-5 seconds, sharerate for SIGT should be at 15-30 shares/minute. I understand that it affects pool stability, but miners efficiency is on other side.
Miners will get reward only for 1 block in that cascade with low sharerate.
So actual mining efficiency drops by 75% in those cascades of blocks.

first - have you set the --lodiff option in the parameter list? ... the miner will automatically force the hidiff port if you have more than 4cards in a single machine ...

second - CWIgm not meant to be psu friendly ... its meant to be stable and have continuous hash for the life of the mining session ... if your psu is not of high quality and cannot support the cards - you need either a bigger one or two to support the power consumption your cards will be working with ... you can of course use your oc settings to lower power and oc - but the investment into high end high quality psu units will make the mining a LOT more stable than what you have ...

i have the same issues when i first started mining - and quickly learned that the psu quality - and number of psu - is as important as the cards themselves ...

now if you last two 1070 stop after a few minutes - then you definitely have an issue of some sort ... check their heat / throttling - check the power they are consuming - watch closely to the display CWIgm displays ( you only need ONE session of CWIgm ) - and make sure the cards themselves are not the issue ...

let us know if any of this helps - or any other advice the community may have towards this ...

#crysx

abudfv2008

Activity: 728
Merit: 106

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 07:58:32 AM

What about bad luck for denarius?
It is 120-140 constantly for several days. While signatum has 60-80-90 the same days.

P.S. Does anybody know how to check yiimp pool for luck, or any other mining DNR?
chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2017, 08:01:33 AM

If I launch all 8 GPUs in one instance, the power usage curve jumps from 30% to 100% each 3 seconds, making miner not PSU-friendly.
I had same issue with other skunk miners, so my own recipe was to run 2 miner instances.

But when I launch 2 instances of miner to make separate process for 3x1080ti and 5x1070 GPUs,
1080tis are working great and very stable, but 1070s doing something weird: after a couple of minutes two last GPUs stop working at all.

Also running 2 instances does not change stratum difficulty, so my hashrate is lost between blocks if they found too quickly.
Since 3-4 SIGT blocks can be found in a row with small steps like 3-5 seconds, sharerate for SIGT should be at 15-30 shares/minute. I understand that it affects pool stability, but miners efficiency is on other side.

another idea is to separate each card while mining ...

this way you can determine whether its the card itself - or something else ...

to mine with one card at a time - and test for say 25min periods each - use the -d option ...

since you have 8cards in one machine - this mean the cards are allocated from 0 to 7 ...

so to mine on card 1 - use -d 0 ... card 2 is -d 1 ... and so on ...

if your last two cards seem to be the issue - just mine with those alone using -d 6,7 ...

if they function ok after 25mins of mining - this usually means you are not supplying the power that ALL the cards require to function at FULL capacity ...

remember - each algo hashes differently - and some algos use more power than others ...

let us know ...

#crysx

jenifive

Activity: 390
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 08:03:17 AM

first - have you set the --lodiff option in the parameter list? ... the miner will automatically force the hidiff port if you have more than 4cards in a single machine ...

second - CWIgm not meant to be psu friendly ... its meant to be stable and have continuous hash for the life of the mining session ... if your psu is not of high quality and cannot support the cards - you need either a bigger one or two to support the power consumption your cards will be working with ... you can of course use your oc settings to lower power and oc - but the investment into high end high quality psu units will make the mining a LOT more stable than what you have ...

i have the same issues when i first started mining - and quickly learned that the psu quality - and number of psu - is as important as the cards themselves ...

now if you last two 1070 stop after a few minutes - then you definitely have an issue of some sort ... check their heat / throttling - check the power they are consuming - watch closely to the display CWIgm displays ( you only need ONE session of CWIgm ) - and make sure the cards themselves are not the issue ...

let us know if any of this helps - or any other advice the community may have towards this ...

#crysx
is 4x 1070 a lodiff?

shubaduba

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

mine safe o/

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 08:09:33 AM

I edited my first message and added screenshots for it.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2054431.msg20759481#msg20759481

My launch config is:
cwigm -c sigt -u shubaduba.100 -p d=0.1 --lodiff --max-temp=72 -d 1,4,5,6,7 --cpu-priority 3 --cpu-affinity 0xC -i 25 -s 3

I will try to launch 8 instances of CWIgm and will report my results.
chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2017, 08:11:24 AM

It is 120-140 constantly for several days. While signatum has 60-80-90 the same days.

P.S. Does anybody know how to check yiimp pool for luck, or any other mining DNR?

have you taken notice of the network hashrate? ...

sigt -

Net Hashrate
1,580,681.87 MH/s

dnr -

Net Hashrate
24,173.70 MH/s

then combine that with the pool hashrate and compare what 'luck' ( which is a completely false value mostly - as the diff and hashrate change constantly ) the pool might have ...

zpool - 9.2gh tribus ...
yiimp - 36.5 tribus ...
CWI-Pool Denarius - 1.6gh tribus ...

its all relative ...

the more miners to the pool - the higher the hashrate - the better the chance ( or 'luck' ) of solving a block ...

network hashrate play a massive part in this also ... as the network hashrate goes up - so does the network difficulty ... and thats what creates the so called 'luck' making it difficult ( which is also why its called difficulty Tongue ) ...

the network diff for tribus right now tho is 1626 - which is pretty high for this algo ... because right this second - the network hash rate is 156gh ... our pool has 1.6gh ...

again - its all relative ... when we DO solve a block - we get higher rewards per miner - because there are less miners ... but the chances of solving a block is far less with less miners ...

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2017, 08:15:38 AM

#crysx
is 4x 1070 a lodiff?

on your display panel on CWIgm - if the port is 6000 - then its high diff ...

with 4 x 1070 cards - this should be the lodiff port - which is port 2000 ...

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2017, 08:16:13 AM

I edited my first message and added screenshots for it.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2054431.msg20759481#msg20759481

My launch config is:
cwigm -c sigt -u shubaduba.100 -p d=0.1 --lodiff --max-temp=72 -d 1,4,5,6,7 --cpu-priority 3 --cpu-affinity 0xC -i 25 -s 3

I will try to launch 8 instances of CWIgm and will report my results.

ok ...

will be interesting to see ...

#crysx

astronyu

Activity: 91

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 08:17:43 AM

I'm pretty sure the answer is obvious but just want to check, can CWIgm be used with miningrigrental or will it be supported?

no ...

for the moment the miner is locked to our pool - as explained in one of the earlier posts ...

this may change - it may not - we have yet to decide ... but being a beta - there is a long way to go to get the stability ( and optimization ) that we would like to get to ...

currently - we are focusing on stability and ease of use ... optimization will come later ...

#crysx

Well understood. However, as for the monitoring the miner, will there be an api for port binding or an added feature to the pool for mining monitoring?
chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2017, 08:20:33 AM

no ...

#crysx

Well understood. However, as for the monitoring the miner, will there be an api for port binding or an added feature to the pool for mining monitoring?

the api port - not likely ...

but funny that you are mentioning an added feature - as we are working on that right now Smiley ...

our dev is putting the preliminary components together for the initial internal test ... there are NO promises this will even make the next revision of the beta - but we are working on various avenues for such functionality ...

#crysx

astronyu

Activity: 91

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 08:25:11 AM

no ...

#crysx

the api port - not likely ...

but funny that you are mentioning an added feature - as we are working on that right now Smiley ...

our dev is putting the preliminary components together for the initial internal test ... there are NO promises this will even make the next revision of the beta - but we are working on various avenues for such functionality ...

#crysx

Thank you for your hard work. Looking forward to test the monitoring functionality once available.
shubaduba

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

mine safe o/

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 08:26:39 AM

ok ...

will be interesting to see ...

#crysx

All 8 are working now, but power curve and GPU usage are very unstable.
Also, each GPU sends about 1-3 shares/minute even at lowdiff 2000 port.

yslyung
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002

Mine Mine Mine

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 08:49:31 AM

hey mate, can u add api bind option ? much miners to monitor.

api was purposely removed ...

we have been looking at a rebuild for the api - but we are also looking at other options ...

we have yet to decide ...

#crysx

need it mate, a handful to keep an eye on them. u can pm if u wish. just R option will be fine, no need W.

much tia for the quick reply.

told ya i'll be back lol

let's hit some blocks !, ah, brought some friends along too.
abudfv2008

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 09:20:40 AM

sigt -

Net Hashrate
1,580,681.87 MH/s

dnr -

Net Hashrate
24,173.70 MH/s

then combine that with the pool hashrate and compare what 'luck' ( which is a completely false value mostly - as the diff and hashrate change constantly ) the pool might have ...

zpool - 9.2gh tribus ...
yiimp - 36.5 tribus ...

its all relative ...

the more miners to the pool - the higher the hashrate - the better the chance ( or 'luck' ) of solving a block ...

network hashrate play a massive part in this also ... as the network hashrate goes up - so does the network difficulty ... and thats what creates the so called 'luck' making it difficult ( which is also why its called difficulty Tongue ) ...

the network diff for tribus right now tho is 1626 - which is pretty high for this algo ... because right this second - the network hash rate is 156gh ... our pool has 1.6gh ...

again - its all relative ... when we DO solve a block - we get higher rewards per miner - because there are less miners ... but the chances of solving a block is far less with less miners ...

#crysx

Actually you didn't answer the question.
Your pool hashrate relative to SIGT network is on the same board as with DNR:
SIGT
Est. Avg. Time per Round (Network)   45 seconds
Est. Avg. Time per Round (Pool)   25 minutes 10 seconds
DNR
Est. Avg. Time per Round (Network)   31 seconds
Est. Avg. Time per Round (Pool)   20 minutes 18 seconds

But the "luck" factor is constantly different.
So I just asked if someone know how to find "luck" of yiimp based pools. Whether it is normal for all (bad luck) or just bad luck for your pool.
abudfv2008

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 09:44:52 AM

Can you please lower the maximum difficulty for lowdiff port.
All my rigs stabilize with diff 2.5 (both Sigt and DNR) after 30-60minutes, and to my opinion it is too high even for 6/1080.
And it is completely unacceptable for 2/1080 or 5/1060 etc. But they also get the same 2.5diff.
I think 1-1.5 is more than enough.

P.S. DNR lowdiff starts with extremely lowdiff so that many shares are rejected at the beginning. 0.25 (as with SIGT) wil work much better.
chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2017, 09:59:40 AM

sigt -

Net Hashrate
1,580,681.87 MH/s

dnr -

Net Hashrate
24,173.70 MH/s

zpool - 9.2gh tribus ...
yiimp - 36.5 tribus ...

its all relative ...

#crysx

Actually you didn't answer the question.
Your pool hashrate relative to SIGT network is on the same board as with DNR:
SIGT
Est. Avg. Time per Round (Network)   45 seconds
Est. Avg. Time per Round (Pool)   25 minutes 10 seconds
DNR
Est. Avg. Time per Round (Network)   31 seconds
Est. Avg. Time per Round (Pool)   20 minutes 18 seconds

But the "luck" factor is constantly different.
So I just asked if someone know how to find "luck" of yiimp based pools. Whether it is normal for all (bad luck) or just bad luck for your pool.

and again ...

the 'luck' factor is based purely on a speculative number ... its is almost never accurate ( and dont know why its in there in the first place - by the original MPOS pool developers ) - as its more a guess than anything else ...

the 'luck' estimation is based on a number of factors - from network hashrate to miner availability in the pool ...

so if you are looking for an accurate figure - or even a steady one for that matter - you will be sorely disappointed ... each coin and algo has MANY different components to the estimates that the pool pulls in - and if you watch the hashrate for dnr for example - the network hashrate drops to one tenth of what it actually is at times - then back up again a minute later ... this is the daemon presenting these figure to the pool ( which means the coin developers code ) ... this same phenomenon happens with sigt as well ...

how does one keep an accurate 'luck' estimate on such massive fluctuations that happen so consistently? ...

my apologies if i havent answered your question in full - because the answer to your question is - there really isnt an answer ... yiimp is another pool that shows the same occurrences ... if you want to know what that pool has - then ask epsylon3 ( tpruvot ) as he in the dev and maintainer of the yiimp code ...

better to hear it from the horses mouth Smiley ...

so basing mining on a guess of 'luck' / estimation is just as good as a stab in the dark ... unfortunately - ive been a miner long enough NOT to trust ANY pools 'luck' measures ... you eventually get the knack of seeing the figures and weighing it ... but that take practice - not estimated figures ...

Smiley ...

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2017, 10:02:36 AM

Can you please lower the maximum difficulty for lowdiff port.
All my rigs stabilize with diff 2.5 (both Sigt and DNR) after 30-60minutes, and to my opinion it is too high even for 6/1080.
And it is completely unacceptable for 2/1080 or 5/1060 etc. But they also get the same 2.5diff.
I think 1-1.5 is more than enough.

P.S. DNR lowdiff starts with extremely lowdiff so that many shares are rejected at the beginning. 0.25 (as with SIGT) wil work much better.

so would a max of 1.6diff work? ...

then push anything higher to the hidiff port? ...

we can try - and let me know how it goes ...

in fact - a few seconds interruption to the sigt mining - and ill get it restarted now ...

interruption is momentary ...

edit - changed this for the denarius stratum also ... let see how it all goes now ...

#crysx

mydreamadsl

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 10:19:46 AM

Can someone please explain how net-mean-diff works with N

Thank you
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: