Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 09:15:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ### A ChainWorks Industries (CWI) Project - CWIgm | Simple Powerful Stable  (Read 67708 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2017, 07:05:05 PM

@crys

can you let us set the difficulty manually? while you try to fix you're automatic difficulty algorith.
Totally agree! The automatic algorithm doesn't work at all. Every Rig get 409.6diff on pool (1.6 in the miner) in 15-30 minutes. While one has 6*1080 and another only 2*1080.

P.S. Right now something weird is shown on the pool all numbers are divided by 10. Smiley

agreed ...

but without writing more code into the stratum - this cannot happen just yet ...

but this would be a good addition - and IS on the todo list for us ...

there is just no way to do it right now ...

we will keep trying to tame this aggression - until it is fine with the diff levels ...

#crysx
I think the quickest way to "solve" the problem is to lower maximum diff to 1 for lodiff port. At least it will help fot 2GPU or 3GPU rigs at the moment.

actually ...

great idea ...

this means that the bigger farms will be slamming the connection - BUT - the CWI-Stratum is custom built to handle a LOT of hammering ...

ok ... 1 is a little too low - so 1.24 ( if my calculations are right ) seems to be a fair figure for small and large on the lodiff port ...

get ready for  a stratum interruption ... 25 seconds - here we go ...

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2017, 07:08:43 PM

Chrysophylax please check pm :_

i shall ...

there is a multitude of messages ... so ill have to go through one by one ...

in order of receive ...

so it will be many hours before i finish - and i need sleep also ( its 0438 saturday morning right now ) ...

so have a little patience and i shall get it all done asap ...

#crysx

abudfv2008

Activity: 728
Merit: 106

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 07:12:31 PM

@chrysophylax, curious, what is the longest time cwigm been running without problems?
I think it is stable. I've ran it on 7 rigs for 1 or 2 days without issues. Only issue was on couple rigs with OC - 15-30 minutes OK, then miner start to print a lot of text about wrong shares (or something like that - i do't remember exactly) - the CPU usage in the upper left corner showed changing weird symbols etc. Liitle bit lower OC - and it run smoothly for hours. I think thats because of rather big fluctuations in power consumption and frequency. From time to time it goes further than GPU can handle.
Alexis78 miner has similar behaviour in similar situations.
valth

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 07:18:59 PM

sometime after you restart the stratum, my miners won't reconnect and I must manually restart the miners.
g01dt00th

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 07:20:55 PM

Miner need some feature, because connection interrupted to stratum sometimes in 24h. Please add key for miner exit if connection is lost.  Now i wait about 2 min to restore connection auto in 30 sec - without effect, manually restart - connection good.

ps ping 48ms
MetalHelmet

Activity: 74

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 07:51:00 PM

Interested in testing different compilations (with CUDA 7.5 and CUDA 8.0 / 32 bits and 64 bits ).

Looks like in my case 32 bits CUDA 7.5 is faster then other...

Comparing hashrates for ccminer 2.2 krnlx with skunk support (compiled with CUDA 7.5 / 8.0 and both 32 and 64 bit) I gets
- ccminer-win32-cuda75 - ~ 42,29 Mh
- ccminer-win64-cuda75 - ~ 40,71 Mh
- ccminer-win32-cuda80 - ~ 40,87 Mh
- ccminer-win64-cuda80 - ~ 40,74 Mh

Is it possible to compile CWIgm miner  with 32 bits and CUDA 7.5 ?
zhulick

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 07:58:44 PM

@crys

can you let us set the difficulty manually? while you try to fix you're automatic difficulty algorith.
Totally agree! The automatic algorithm doesn't work at all. Every Rig get 409.6diff on pool (1.6 in the miner) in 15-30 minutes. While one has 6*1080 and another only 2*1080.

P.S. Right now something weird is shown on the pool all numbers are divided by 10. Smiley

agreed ...

but without writing more code into the stratum - this cannot happen just yet ...

we will keep trying to tame this aggression - until it is fine with the diff levels ...

#crysx
I think the quickest way to "solve" the problem is to lower maximum diff to 1 for lodiff port. At least it will help fot 2GPU or 3GPU rigs at the moment.

actually ...

great idea ...

this means that the bigger farms will be slamming the connection - BUT - the CWI-Stratum is custom built to handle a LOT of hammering ...

ok ... 1 is a little too low - so 1.24 ( if my calculations are right ) seems to be a fair figure for small and large on the lodiff port ...

#crysx

i experimented a lot with ccminer on nova and yiimp with trying to find a sweetspot for my 1070 gpus.

so far this is what i've come up with.  hope this helps you dial in the pool.

they like a worker diff to be a +32 number.  32, 64, 96, 128 etc, etc, etc.   they seem to mine just a bit better, and submit shares that are just a bit higher with this pattern of diff, vs random numbers like 40.8, or 490.6 etc.   they also seem to hit that "home run" just a bit more often.  for example, a single 1070 mining at diff of 64 will submit something like five or six low diff shares like 0.6 or 0.4 etc, but then bam - 12 or 26.  that "home run" share just seemed to pop up much more often with a +32 number.  not a scientific fact, just something i noticed.

so 0.125 is 32, 0.25 is 64, 1 is 256 etc etc.  i found that 64 (0.25) was a good long term sweetspot per 1070 (0.375 or 96 did well too).  i would love to see how it would perform if it could adjust to the speed/difficulty of the network, so it could be at 0.125 (32) on low diff fast moving blocks, and top out at 0.5 (128) on the slower moving high diff ones, but you can't set a range in ccminer, so i picked the middle of the road value of 0.25 and stuck with it.

i think that 0.125 to 0.5 per gpu (x6 for a 6 card rig) is a very good range for 1070's.  anything lower and they thrash too much, and anything higher and they start to choke up.  again, not a scientific fact, just an observation, and an observation on a different miner and different pools, so not even sure how valid it would be here.

just trying to help.
abudfv2008

Activity: 728
Merit: 106

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 08:11:22 PM

actually ...

great idea ...

#crysx
It seems that you changed Sigt pool, but forgot about DNR.
Warsaar

Activity: 92

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 08:36:47 PM

Ok here we are.

Windows 10.

Miner is pretty stable. For 4 1080ti (x2 ASUS TURBO + x2 MSI AERO) here is something about 202-208 Mh/s depending on netdiff.

Temperature is stable and no more than 70C. But I have fans at 70-87% speed permanently for each card because they heat deifferently.

Intensity 25.

Settings: as you may see: http://imgur.com/a/tNmhQ
Also the screenshots taken from TM when the GPU0 have huge dump of hashrate and SAW like powerline.

Despite using TM to have a screenshots powerline is pretty much unstable. But the same was on palginmod so I think there is algo problem at all.

What about coins then there was about 189 for 24 hours. I think the miner's GUI option of predicted coin gain is not necessary - netdiff varies so you may have more and less coins for the same time. Also, usually you do not check miner to see how much coins you will  got - you check transactions and earnings history on the pool site. In this way, may be this part of GUI can be use for something else info?

Anyway - the miner is great, mostly for its stability. I have 50% hashrate drops on palginmod after ~2hours of continious work, so with palgin I need to reboot rig every 2 hours. This miner has no such issues.

Looking forward to unlock it for other pools! Thank you, Dev!

hwgeek

Activity: 82

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 10:56:31 PM

I am also happy Beta tester, I really loved the Pool informative Dashboard and the fast response time, it's very important for me while constantly checking the stats and etc'.
The miner is indeed faster the others I saw here, I keep my 1070's on ~105W  @27Mhs, the UI is very informative and helps 4 tweaking and monitoring,
Little advice that I can give is- please make the CMD window unresizable   or it brakes the UI.
I will be happy to test the next update too :-).

helladave

Activity: 48

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 02:49:26 AM

signatum chainworks pool is down hard.... fyi... anybody else seeing this? 30min now?Huh
pikatju

Activity: 336

https://wallet.merit.me/?invite=Pikachu

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 03:05:57 AM

signatum chainworks pool is down hard.... fyi... anybody else seeing this? 30min now?Huh

Ya down for me too. Looks pool is down. No workers online

pikatju

Activity: 336

https://wallet.merit.me/?invite=Pikachu

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 03:43:22 AM

It's online again!

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2017, 05:14:41 AM

@crys

agreed ...

#crysx

actually ...

great idea ...

#crysx

i experimented a lot with ccminer on nova and yiimp with trying to find a sweetspot for my 1070 gpus.

so far this is what i've come up with.  hope this helps you dial in the pool.

they like a worker diff to be a +32 number.  32, 64, 96, 128 etc, etc, etc.   they seem to mine just a bit better, and submit shares that are just a bit higher with this pattern of diff, vs random numbers like 40.8, or 490.6 etc.   they also seem to hit that "home run" just a bit more often.  for example, a single 1070 mining at diff of 64 will submit something like five or six low diff shares like 0.6 or 0.4 etc, but then bam - 12 or 26.  that "home run" share just seemed to pop up much more often with a +32 number.  not a scientific fact, just something i noticed.

so 0.125 is 32, 0.25 is 64, 1 is 256 etc etc.  i found that 64 (0.25) was a good long term sweetspot per 1070 (0.375 or 96 did well too).  i would love to see how it would perform if it could adjust to the speed/difficulty of the network, so it could be at 0.125 (32) on low diff fast moving blocks, and top out at 0.5 (128) on the slower moving high diff ones, but you can't set a range in ccminer, so i picked the middle of the road value of 0.25 and stuck with it.

i think that 0.125 to 0.5 per gpu (x6 for a 6 card rig) is a very good range for 1070's.  anything lower and they thrash too much, and anything higher and they start to choke up.  again, not a scientific fact, just an observation, and an observation on a different miner and different pools, so not even sure how valid it would be here.

just trying to help.

will take that into account ...

tho the stratum does not allow individual settings - we need to find a 'sweetspot' as a general setting for ALL miners ...

this of course is impossible - but im sure we can find a balance ...

tho manual user setting would be better - but also cause a lot of issues with those that dont know or dont understand - and set it too low flooding the stratum ... we dont want users banned - but that would have to be implemented if that happened too often ...

so we do need to work on a balance ... and we will find it Wink ...

tanx ...

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2017, 05:16:06 AM

actually ...

great idea ...

#crysx
It seems that you changed Sigt pool, but forgot about DNR.

no - havent forgotten ...

just really NEEDED sleep Smiley ...

ill get to dnr today - as well as the rest of the pm list ... which is a lot everyday ...

this area of work is my responsibility - so its on my shoulders ... it will be done and we will get through it today ...

so expect a few disconnects during the day for the stratum ...

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2017, 05:44:46 AM
Last edit: August 12, 2017, 05:57:44 AM by chrysophylax

Ok here we are.

Windows 10.

Miner is pretty stable. For 4 1080ti (x2 ASUS TURBO + x2 MSI AERO) here is something about 202-208 Mh/s depending on netdiff.

Temperature is stable and no more than 70C. But I have fans at 70-87% speed permanently for each card because they heat deifferently.

Intensity 25.

Settings: as you may see: http://imgur.com/a/tNmhQ
Also the screenshots taken from TM when the GPU0 have huge dump of hashrate and SAW like powerline.

Despite using TM to have a screenshots powerline is pretty much unstable. But the same was on palginmod so I think there is algo problem at all.

What about coins then there was about 189 for 24 hours. I think the miner's GUI option of predicted coin gain is not necessary - netdiff varies so you may have more and less coins for the same time. Also, usually you do not check miner to see how much coins you will  got - you check transactions and earnings history on the pool site. In this way, may be this part of GUI can be use for something else info?

Anyway - the miner is great, mostly for its stability. I have 50% hashrate drops on palginmod after ~2hours of continious work, so with palgin I need to reboot rig every 2 hours. This miner has no such issues.

Looking forward to unlock it for other pools! Thank you, Dev!

appreciate the feedback ...

if you are using ( and most seem to do ) the experimental temp control settings - and / or mean net diff setting - then you will always get a see-saw power usage and always start / stop mining ... this is because of the facts i posted earlier ... the miner itself tries to create the 'perfect' scenario for mining IF you have those settings active ... take them off - and you will see that there will be a constant regular power consumption and mining ...

as long as you have the correct parameters - its easy to mine consistently ... a LOT of the issues we are seeing with a lot of the users - are those settings ...

remove them and you should have a better mining experience ...

also - there is a very good reason WHY the stats are there in the miner AND the api has been remove ...

CWIgm-0.9.9 will have the new module inside to test ...

Wink ...

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2017, 05:56:38 AM

It's online again!

logs show some massive rejected shares ...

among other things - this looks like a massive ddos attempt ...

we managed to restart the services ...

how long was it down for? ... seems like 30mins or less - correct? ...

we will keep working as normal ... and improve the security system and the backend systems to continue to further mitigate these issues and attacks - but hopefully in a much more timely fashion  ...

#crysx

xixou

Activity: 144
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 07:54:41 AM

cwigm.exe crashes when run without arguments or with --help argument.

I wanted to know if I could disable usage of first graphic card to compute skunk (out of 4),
 such that I could still play game while 3 others gpu are being used by cwigm.exe.

I use this with ccminer:

ccminer.exe  -d 1,2,3 -i 21 -a skunk

ZUBR64

Activity: 9

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 08:15:23 AM

CWIgm-0.9.9 will have the new module inside to test ...

Wink ...

#crysx
When and where get it?
dandyqb

Activity: 25

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 08:16:52 AM

when this will be available to everyone?  Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: