Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 10:44:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ### A ChainWorks Industries (CWI) Project - CWIgm | Simple Powerful Stable  (Read 67708 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Boriss

Activity: 728
Merit: 115

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2017, 08:03:27 AM

chrysophylax,

Would be cool if you are going to develop for the TimeTravel10 algo (Bitcore).
There is a lack of a good, free Bitcore miner. I would be interested in helping out testing in that case.

--ypsi

Timetravel10 algo will be implemented in next ver. of CWI miner, for now u can use ccminer on CWI pool.

e6ug

Activity: 773
Merit: 508

Bitcore (BTX) - The Future is Now

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 10:10:51 AM

it's back up now

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2017, 10:43:32 AM

chrysophylax
I see that you finally managed to make diff setting based on Rig hashrate.
Thank you. Good job.  Smiley

P.S. Still some finetuning is possible:
As I understand 100+Mh - get 0.97
And lower HR get 0.28 or 0.56 (70+Mh?)
Still 5*1060 and 6*1080 get the same 0.97diff but it is 107MH/s vs 242MH/s difference.
IMHO something like this is more adequate:
>150 = 0.96
>100 = 0.64
>70 = 0.32
>20 = 0.16
<20 = 0.08

the max difficulty target on the lodiff port is capped at 0.97 ...

the reason is that MANY have single card and dual card systems ...

if you need to go to the hidiff port - just remove the --lodiff parameter ... and any of the netdiff / temp control parameters ... you will find a smoother run and better processing for the gpus ...

being a vardiff stratum also - there is no manual control of the diff for the miner ... as the stratum controls that side of it ...

whereas hashrate will not be affected with difficulty of shares being processed ...

so i dont understand what the issue is with your two machines getting different hashrates ... they need to - as they are different cards pointing in the same port capped at 0.97diff ... the hidiff port goes all the way up to 7diff - as we had to cap that to 7diff from 7000diff ... that port is something that will test your systems Wink ...

#crysx
I think you understood me completely wrong.
I mean that 0.97 for 6*1080 is fine (242Nh). 0.97 for 6/1070 is OK (180Mh)
But 0.97 for 5*1060 (107Mh) is not OK because - too rare shares ->big fluctuations in hashrate on the pool.
0.56 for 2*1080 (76) is not OK because no shares for 5 minutes is not OK in any way. The Rig is even lost from pool. (take a look at the picture I posted)
That's why I posted my vision for diff levels for different hashrates.

ok - understood ...

the difficulties do align - but it takes a lot of time to do so ...

the only way to do this with the stratum currently - is to set scaling diff with separate ports ...

that would be a very messy way to do it - and have more then 3 ports to solve ALL the issues ... even then - it would be upto to the user to allocate the right port - and our experience so far is dismal to say the least ... which is why the growth and development of the miner itself is very important ... not just the hashrates as SO many people are asking ... and we have been working on that ... this unfortunately will take time and a lot of errors before we can get the right adjustment ...

CWIgm is very young - not like ccminer or sgminer ... they are mature products ... which is why we wont pull CWIgm out of testing until we are confident that we can have a full release that 'ticks all the CWI boxes' ...

when diff is too high and the miner processes - you will see it drop off the pool momentarily ... its still there processing a high difficulty share and WILL submit it ... the miner is accounted for the high diff share as it carries a lot of weight compared to a miner that submit very low diff shares and many of them ...

but this sort of feedback is good - as we can adjust our short term developments to reach our goals ...

tanx ...

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2017, 10:44:23 AM

I have been testing the software and will be giving my point of view from a "mining-business" point of view. Tested on Windows 10 x64 LTSB & Pro edition.

I like the higher, and stable, difficulty on the pool. All workers strive to become the same difficulty of 248 (or such).
GUI is very pleasing to the eye, maybe the best one I've seen. I would like to see yet another wattage monitor for all GPUs combined. Like GPU1 120w, GPU2 120w, GPU3 150w, Total GPU wattage 390w. If CPU wattage could be included in a "Total System Wattage" monitoring that would also be interesting but not as important.
Stability was a small issue when pushing limits. If one card hangs up the miner looks like it's still working, except the Mh/s goes crazy and reports Gh/s into oblivion. I think most miners would love a software that excludes a faulty GPU from mining, reporting the owner via API, and continues on with the rest of the GPUs until there's time to look into the matter.

Since speed-optimization isn't yet a priority, I'm looking forward to see this project continue to develop.
Looking forward to next release and I will help with another evaluation.

appreciated ...

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2017, 10:53:09 AM

0.9.9 release please Smiley Stability, easy to use is ok but everybody first always see on mhs and $ Smiley

What to use in bat file to test latest version ccminer on your pool?

when CWIgm-0.9.9 is ready to be beta tested ...

depending on your machines - but if its a single system with its own worker on the pool - then -c <coin> --lodiff ...

otherwise - if it is a few machines on the one worker - leave the --lodiff parameter off ...

other settings to use are -i <intensity> depending on what card you use and many others ...

read through the readme.txt that comes with your welcome pack and download ... it explained the parameters you can use for the cards and systems you have ...

#crysx

Crysx, i asked several times. Is there an option to turn off miner when certain temperature is met, for safety? If my rig temperatures jump for more then 15-20% then ussual something is wrong, and throttling has no use kinda. It will either work on lower temp or not work at all, no need to throttle GPU-s on which cooling started to be a problem. It's not a solution.

If you dont have it, why and it would be amazing to have it. Or do you know some other way how to turn off miner if i reach certain temperature.

there is no way to just turn off a card when something goes wrong ...

not even in the 5year old mature applications ( ccminer and sgminer ) that i know of ...

though that would be a great addition - but the 'why' part of your question is VERY difficult to answer ... the simple and short answer is - because its VERY difficult ...

the coding of such an implementation to just switch off one gpu is a very complex addition that even we are not looking at until CWIgm is a more mature platform ... this is why nvidia-smi was built by nvidia themselves ... it has MANY more functions to control the gpu - but i doubt it has an sensory option to switch off ONE gpu when it seems to die or reach a certain temperature target ... if nvidia themselves havent coded that into their own design - what makes you think we can do it easily? ...

tho this feature would be great to have - it is not slated to be integrated ... we WILL let you know if there is such an addition IF there is a way of doing promptly ... especially if our liaison / communication with nvidia is such that it is a feature they will produce ... would be a great tool to have - you are right ...

for the time being - we wont commit to it ...

i think really the only way to alert you of anything that might be wrong - is the miner alert on the pool ... if the miner locks or cuts out - the pool sends and alert ...

thats the best we can do for now Smiley ...

#crysx

yslyung
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002

Mine Mine Mine

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 01:14:11 PM

API for monitoring the rigs running cwigm miner . . .

thx.
sparker327

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

Parachute for sale. Used once. Small red stain.

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 02:59:18 PM

I am using MSI afterburner and i have power limit and temperature limit and have custom fan curve. I also have --tlimit inside CWIgm miner. But in my mining rig system important role plays air conditioning coz i run my rigs during summer in a place where temperatures get high.

SO if my Air Conditioning fucks up, my temperatures can jump up to 20-30% and in case of that i dont want to throttle my GPU, as that will result in terrible mining experience, if any.

SO i kinda need to turn off miner if that happens. Also you never know if MSI afterburner might fuck up or smth. Dunno it would be easier if there is just simple command to limit temperature in a way, if certain temp is met, miner closes, like for safety measures.

For example set it to 75 degrees or 80 which is not healthy at all to run GPU-s at it. Or well it's individual but you get what i mean.

have you thought about an external air conditioning unit position directly facing your rig? like a portable one you can pick them up at amazon. Point it directly at your rig. It may add some comfort to you and much needed cooling to your rig In case your fans die or your air conditioning goes out. Not sure what AC setup you use or fans, but anything added could help in high temp climate.

https://www.amazon.com/Portable-Air-Conditioners/b?ie=UTF8&node=1193678
Brucelats

Activity: 326
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 03:51:50 PM

0.9.9 release please Smiley Stability, easy to use is ok but everybody first always see on mhs and $ Smiley

depending on your machines - but if its a single system with its own worker on the pool - then -c <coin> --lodiff ...

otherwise - if it is a few machines on the one worker - leave the --lodiff parameter off ...

other settings to use are -i <intensity> depending on what card you use and many others ...

read through the readme.txt that comes with your welcome pack and download ... it explained the parameters you can use for the cards and systems you have ...

#crysx

Crysx, i asked several times. Is there an option to turn off miner when certain temperature is met, for safety? If my rig temperatures jump for more then 15-20% then ussual something is wrong, and throttling has no use kinda. It will either work on lower temp or not work at all, no need to throttle GPU-s on which cooling started to be a problem. It's not a solution.

If you dont have it, why and it would be amazing to have it. Or do you know some other way how to turn off miner if i reach certain temperature.

not even in the 5year old mature applications ( ccminer and sgminer ) that i know of ...

though that would be a great addition - but the 'why' part of your question is VERY difficult to answer ... the simple and short answer is - because its VERY difficult ...

the coding of such an implementation to just switch off one gpu is a very complex addition that even we are not looking at until CWIgm is a more mature platform ... this is why nvidia-smi was built by nvidia themselves ... it has MANY more functions to control the gpu - but i doubt it has an sensory option to switch off ONE gpu when it seems to die or reach a certain temperature target ... if nvidia themselves havent coded that into their own design - what makes you think we can do it easily? ...

tho this feature would be great to have - it is not slated to be integrated ... we WILL let you know if there is such an addition IF there is a way of doing promptly ... especially if our liaison / communication with nvidia is such that it is a feature they will produce ... would be a great tool to have - you are right ...

i think really the only way to alert you of anything that might be wrong - is the miner alert on the pool ... if the miner locks or cuts out - the pool sends and alert ...

#crysx

I am not asking to turn OFF GPU, i ask to CLOSE MINER APP xD I ask such a simple question or add a simple suggestion and after 10 times noone still understand what i try to say. I am asking, coz i realised by now that here is no such option, at least in miner that if miner reads temperature on some GPU that is Above one that we set, it just closes the miner app and rig stops mining, not to shut down GPU...

Can i make some .bat file that can read NVIDIA-smi sensors and if they are above certain temp, it sends command to close the "CWIgm" miner application?

I try to explain again:

OK miner is working, all is mining well. temperatures are around 55degrees with fans on Auto (fan curve). Then all of a sudden room starts getting quite hot coz my cooling system glitches and something goes wrong. All temperatures start rising, they are close to 85 degrees and fans are 100%, this is not healthy enviroment for GPU-s, gpus start throttling to lower the temps, mining experience is horrible.

SO to prevent all unecessary throttling and struggling in hot enviroment my Miner APP will just close and all GPU-s will start cooling down, as they are no longer "Hashing" if i had command to turn off the APP on let's say 70 degrees. If my regular avg temps are around 55 i would put 70 as a safety number. Now my miner closes. I get notification my worker is IDLE, i go back home and see, damn my Cooling isnt working! I fix it up and start mining again. IF same shit happens, this situation repeats. I dont need GPU throttle mining.

Brucelats

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 04:04:30 PM

#crysx

Allow me to attempt explaining it: A program is a collection of one or more "threads" that you can think of as semi-independent little programs sharing memory. Most often, one is assigned per GPU you have, to handle giving that specific GPU work, and getting results from it. When you ask a GPU to do something - you are actually "calling" (or running code from, and waiting for it to tell you it finished and what went down) code from the driver. Keeping it simple - AMD develops the driver, which is buried deep in the OS and controls the hardware for you - so you can say "Run this shit and tell me what nonces are good" without having to care too much about the details. If a GPU has hung... it has hung inside the code that is deep in the shit that the miner dev usually doesn't even think about - let alone control. That thread is now "stuck", and will remain so until the entire program terminates. You may notice how when a GPU goes "DEAD" in SGMiner, the others continue to mine... this is why.

So, everything continues despite that thread's fucked status until somebody or something tells the whole miner program to quit... and therefore, all its threads must quit... oh shit. The OS can't actually terminate it properly - it's stuck in low-level code that happens to often be a core, low-level part of the OS itself... in short - we be fucked. Hard reboot to bring the GPU back up, in short.

Read my upper post. I asked the simplest solution. I dont need to shut down GPU-s. I just need to close the miner application.

IF temp on GPU 0 or 1 or 2 or whatever = 70 degrees - Close CWIgm.exe

killerelite

Activity: 205

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 04:44:38 PM

Sir , I want to be a part of this closed beta if possible , Thanks

hi ...

what cards do you have and what operating system? ...

#crysx
Windows 7 64 bit , Have 1x 1060 ,2x 1070 , 1x 1080 , 1x 1080ti 

Do u need anything else
shgth

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 05:55:07 PM

Do u need anything else

That's probably enough but he asked to send PM if you want to join the beta. It's in opening post. Should confirm you joining it.
sparker327

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 09:33:51 PM
Last edit: August 19, 2017, 09:44:45 PM by sparker327

#crysx

#crysx

I am not asking to turn OFF GPU, i ask to CLOSE MINER APP xD I ask such a simple question or add a simple suggestion and after 10 times noone still understand what i try to say. I am asking, coz i realised by now that here is no such option, at least in miner that if miner reads temperature on some GPU that is Above one that we set, it just closes the miner app and rig stops mining, not to shut down GPU...

Can i make some .bat file that can read NVIDIA-smi sensors and if they are above certain temp, it sends command to close the "CWIgm" miner application?

I try to explain again:

OK miner is working, all is mining well. temperatures are around 55degrees with fans on Auto (fan curve). Then all of a sudden room starts getting quite hot coz my cooling system glitches and something goes wrong. All temperatures start rising, they are close to 85 degrees and fans are 100%, this is not healthy enviroment for GPU-s, gpus start throttling to lower the temps, mining experience is horrible.

SO to prevent all unecessary throttling and struggling in hot enviroment my Miner APP will just close and all GPU-s will start cooling down, as they are no longer "Hashing" if i had command to turn off the APP on let's say 70 degrees. If my regular avg temps are around 55 i would put 70 as a safety number. Now my miner closes. I get notification my worker is IDLE, i go back home and see, damn my Cooling isnt working! I fix it up and start mining again. IF same shit happens, this situation repeats. I dont need GPU throttle mining.

listen, we all understand what your asking but its not something that any miner will do at the moment. Im sure it can be programed to shut down at a certain temp but it seems your the only person ive seen on any thread, in any forum having this issue. If it was a major problem with lots of miners then it would be considered a priority software add, but at this point its probably not, nor may it ever be. Since we do understand and know the miners cannot do what you want, we have been trying to offer you other solutions to your issues. Its pretty simple.

you could always try to find third party software that will shut down the GPUs or your miner if it reaches a certain temp. 

like you could install this program https://www.techpowerup.com/realtemp/ which will shut down your computer if the GPU temp reaches a certain level. You could probably write a batch file and have it auto execute when the computer restarts making your miner restart once the computer is back up after turning off. Its a workaround for what your asking but may work for you.

Run a batch file at boot in Windows 8 and 10 users
Create a shortcut to the batch file.
Once the shortcut has been created, right-click the file and select Cut.
Press the Start button and type Run and press enter.
In the Run window, type shell:startup to open the Startup folder.
Once the Startup folder has been opened, click the Home tab at the top of the folder and select Paste to paste the shortcut into the folder.
sparker327

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 10:04:16 PM

I see you guys are taking over sweepstake coin, thats awesome. As a holder of a lot of it, mine will stay intact once you formally take the reins correct? Just asking if there will be any changes that require a swap or not.

thanks
Brucelats

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 11:41:05 PM

#crysx

#crysx

I try to explain again:

listen, we all understand what your asking but its not something that any miner will do at the moment. Im sure it can be programed to shut down at a certain temp but it seems your the only person ive seen on any thread, in any forum having this issue. If it was a major problem with lots of miners then it would be considered a priority software add, but at this point its probably not, nor may it ever be. Since we do understand and know the miners cannot do what you want, we have been trying to offer you other solutions to your issues. Its pretty simple.

you could always try to find third party software that will shut down the GPUs or your miner if it reaches a certain temp.  

like you could install this program https://www.techpowerup.com/realtemp/ which will shut down your computer if the GPU temp reaches a certain level. You could probably write a batch file and have it auto execute when the computer restarts making your miner restart once the computer is back up after turning off. Its a workaround for what your asking but may work for you.

Run a batch file at boot in Windows 8 and 10 users
Create a shortcut to the batch file.
Once the shortcut has been created, right-click the file and select Cut.
Press the Start button and type Run and press enter.
In the Run window, type shell:startup to open the Startup folder.
Once the Startup folder has been opened, click the Home tab at the top of the folder and select Paste to paste the shortcut into the folder.

That is the answer i was asking the whole time, but noone could understand what i asked. I had to write and rephrase it 10 times. Yes i noticed miner doesnt have that option. I will see if there is any solution with .bat file or with tech-gpu and make it work. From what you say it could work that way.

I got answers but they were all the same and not answering my question. I said i dont need to throttle my GPU or turn it off, but Application itself.

Turning off my rig can also be a good solution as i need to get home anyways to fix my cooling, so if my CWIgm.exe is off or RIG, it doesnt matter. I will turn on rigs manualy when i get there.

Thanks for the answer.

And i am sorry if i was anoying but it was rly a simple question/suggestion but noone understood what i asked lol Cheesy

Cheers and best regards!

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2017, 05:44:23 AM

#crysx

And where to get cwigm 0.9.9? And second important question - you announced acquisition of the project Sweepstakecoin. Whether the JHA algorithm will be added to the CWIgm miner and on your pool?

KR,

Konstantin.

CWIgm-0.9.9 is not ready yet ...

yes - it will have timetravel10 ( bitcore - btx ) AND jha ( sweepstakecoin - sweep ) in it ...

we are currently building a sweepstakecoin pool - but have come across a few issues with the daemon ... so we are working on getting that up to speed ...

there is NO timeframe ... none - nada - not ... we dont work off timeframes because of such things as this ... YES - we do have an internal set of goals that need to be achieved in a certain amount of time - but that is OUR internal measure and by no means is the community timeline ... which is why we dislike the term 'roadmap' as SO many have contorted the meaning of that word - to mean a DEADLINE ... rodmap does not mean deadline ... but i wont carry on about that - as that is an area that is irrelevant at the moment ...

so our PLAN is - to get CWIgm-0.9.9 soon ...

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2017, 05:45:07 AM

chrysophylax,

Would be cool if you are going to develop for the TimeTravel10 algo (Bitcore).
There is a lack of a good, free Bitcore miner. I would be interested in helping out testing in that case.

--ypsi

its in currently - and working well ...

will definitely be in CWIgm-0.9.9 ...

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2017, 06:47:47 AM

it's back up now
Thanks a lot, I'm back with a rig now. Pumping those hashes.

--ypsi

tanx ...

we are constantly working in the background - and sometimes have to reset the stratum to do so ...

its only momentary unless its an attack ... then you just need to keep trying every so often ...

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2017, 06:50:37 AM

#crysx

Allow me to attempt explaining it: A program is a collection of one or more "threads" that you can think of as semi-independent little programs sharing memory. Most often, one is assigned per GPU you have, to handle giving that specific GPU work, and getting results from it. When you ask a GPU to do something - you are actually "calling" (or running code from, and waiting for it to tell you it finished and what went down) code from the driver. Keeping it simple - AMD develops the driver, which is buried deep in the OS and controls the hardware for you - so you can say "Run this shit and tell me what nonces are good" without having to care too much about the details. If a GPU has hung... it has hung inside the code that is deep in the shit that the miner dev usually doesn't even think about - let alone control. That thread is now "stuck", and will remain so until the entire program terminates. You may notice how when a GPU goes "DEAD" in SGMiner, the others continue to mine... this is why.

So, everything continues despite that thread's fucked status until somebody or something tells the whole miner program to quit... and therefore, all its threads must quit... oh shit. The OS can't actually terminate it properly - it's stuck in low-level code that happens to often be a core, low-level part of the OS itself... in short - we be fucked. Hard reboot to bring the GPU back up, in short.

quite accurately - that ...

tanx wolf ...

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2017, 06:51:29 AM

API for monitoring the rigs running cwigm miner . . .

thx.

mentioned many times in the thread ...

we are working on our own - internal one ...

we think you might be pleasantly surprised ...

#crysx

Boulevard2005

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 06:55:02 AM

I log in to pool (http://pool.chainworksindustries.com/sigt/index.php?page=login) normal by 1 pc, but can not log in with other pc or android phone.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: