Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:18:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 131 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] PLAYKEY: DECENTRALIZED CLOUD GAMING PLATFORM  (Read 41870 times)
phreeksta

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 07:05:00 AM

I just tried to play Doom demo o playkey. Unfortunately, even with an actual 8mbps connection (I know that's not that fast compared to some other places), it's pretty much unplayable. I'm in SE Asia, so maybe geographically that's an area that has more ping?

Big games/companies often have servers in Singapore for South/East Asie Region. I am not sure where PLAykeys servers are located.
It would depend on the servers location or the host your are playing through how good your ping is. The higher the ping the more LAG you will experience.

Exactly. It really depends on the server locations. I think there is a limit, when the lags get too big.
lykovaleksey (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Playkey CTO & Cofounder

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2017, 07:12:50 AM

I seen, that you got money from venture investor (2,8 mln$) . So, you have money already. Why you need ICO?  Huh

Hi! Follow the link https://myicobox.com/icotokens/review-of-playkey-ico.html

◇ PLAYKEY: DECENTRALIZED CLOUD GAMING PLATFORM ◇
ICO starts 1st Nov.
https://playkey.io

niklasmato

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 07:22:22 AM

I just tried to play Doom demo o playkey. Unfortunately, even with an actual 8mbps connection (I know that's not that fast compared to some other places), it's pretty much unplayable. I'm in SE Asia, so maybe geographically that's an area that has more ping?

I think the problem is location for you. I've read the website and their servers are mainly in Europe and Russia.
I expect them to be more distributed after the ICO, so this will nog longer be an issue, but for now, the latency will probably kill your gaming experience.
I also read that you do need a 10Mbps minimum connection to be able to play 720..
phreeksta

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 07:47:34 AM

I seen, that you got money from venture investor (2,8 mln$) . So, you have money already. Why you need ICO?  Huh

2,8 Million $ is not much for that kind of service. Just building the server farms all over the world and renting fast internet connections is expensive. So in my opinion, they need a lot more money.
cxrealdcx

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 08:06:21 AM

I like this sharing and only pay as long as you use it model!!
And the fact it is in the top 5 startups at the Slush Singapore 2017 make me happy as an Investor too Smiley
magisterr

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 08:16:05 AM

2,8 Million $ is not much for that kind of service. Just building the server farms all over the world and renting fast internet connections is expensive. So in my opinion, they need a lot more money.

But what will be have venture investors from their investing? And what will be have ICO investors?
anu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

RepuX - Enterprise Blockchain Protocol

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 08:16:50 AM

Wow, look at the project, these guys have developed a system like 'ps now'. I think that such works will become more common in the future. Instead of upgrading the PC every year, we will be able to play games without any problems from every monitor with this system. It would be wonderful to have a few exclusive games with the companies that they work with.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████▄    ▄███████████
█████████████▄▄█████████████
████████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
  ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▄████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████▄
█████████████▀▀█████████████
███████████▀    ▀███████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
RepuX▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
.Decentralized Data & Applications Protocol For SMEs.
▔▔▔▔  ●  Twitter  ●  Facebook  ●  Bitcointalk  ●  Reddit  ●  ▔▔▔▔
▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
Enterprise Blockchain Protocol
.GET WHITELISTED.
Token Sale starts 6th of February 2018
alphashotgun

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 08:23:27 AM

hi guys just took a quick look at playkey and think it could be pretty cool! i will have an exact look at the whitepaper and will join the discussion in the future Wink
haxllega

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 09:30:06 AM

Well I heard that the a connection from at least 15 mbps is recommended. So with 8 mbps it isn't a surprise that you can't use play without lags.
With today's technology and broadband internet connection 15 mbps is achievable even in smaller cities and villages with mobile connection  Smiley
Unfortunately, I also have only 8 mbps. Maybe I will do the research if better internet speed is available in my location.

FIEX

Activity: 630
Merit: 276

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 09:32:50 AM

How will the token be used? How much do you want to gather on ICO and why do you need a blockchain?

You should read the Whitepaper!
Everything is explained in that one document.

But because I'm in a good mood, I will answer it for you:

How will the token be used?
Playkey introduces an open source cryptographic token – PKT. PKT is a cryptocurrency that will be used to buy and sell cloud gaming subscriptions as well as other Playkey services and future products. It will be the unit of account for all economic transactions within the Playkey Ecosystem, and will be used as a basis for interaction with other digital services.

How much do you want to gather on ICO?
Playkey plans to set up an ICO with an issuance volume of 100 000 000 PKT tokens
1 PKT = 0.004 ETH

Why do you need a blockchain?
Playkey will be a blockchain-based decentralized ecosystem for gaming services that will cover the following market segments and participants:
• The core participants in the Playkey Ecosystem are gamers and miners (cloud gaming hardware providers). Playkey is expected to build a large, private and professional community of miners, and become the largest streaming service provider and marketplace in the world.
• At a later stage, Playkey plans on expanding the ecosystem, decentralizing other functions (R&D, game publisher relations, marketing), and connecting to the platform other gaming market elements and segments such as developers and publishers, in-game currencies, e-sport and live streams, apps and content creation.
bitcoin-shark

Activity: 2856
Merit: 605

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 09:42:52 AM

If they really deliver this then no more hardware upgrades. Just use playkey for gaming.

Why "if"? They have got a working platform with 2,5M customers, look at: https://playkey.net/  and try demo games for free.
I will take a look very closely at the platform and try some demo if they fluid running playkey will become my principal, perhaps unique game platform I will use...
Elkmar

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 09:45:59 AM

oh.. I see that they have nice bonuses for pre-sale... But amount to high for me...
60-150 ETH - 25%
151-500 eth - 30%
501+ eth -35%

May be devs will reduce min amount?  Huh

Yeah, same with me, have to wait for ICO. Does anyone know how much they have raised in pre-sale so far?

I'm never able to get into any pre-sales Sad You pretty much need to be a whale to have those sort of funds.

That'as a way to motivate big whales. They know they can make important profits like this in a short period of time with this.
Heimer

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 10:32:58 AM

Well I heard that the a connection from at least 15 mbps is recommended. So with 8 mbps it isn't a surprise that you can't use play without lags.
With today's technology and broadband internet connection 15 mbps is achievable even in smaller cities and villages with mobile connection  Smiley
Unfortunately, I also have only 8 mbps. Maybe I will do the research if better internet speed is available in my location.
Seriously guys? I live in small city and I've got almost 21 mbps with my mobile connection and 13mbsp with my home TV offer  Cool
Pajulapoiss

Activity: 554
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 10:47:20 AM

Seriously guys? I live in small city and I've got almost 21 mbps with my mobile connection and 13mbsp with my home TV offer  Cool

Good on you man, but u shouldn't rub it in.

I like the idea of being able to game from cloud just with decent internet speed. And I don't want to spend huge amounts on a rig just to play an occasional game.

I see bright future if the devs can provide the promise.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
DeepVault
Blockchain File Signatures
deeponion.org
Sozialtourist

Activity: 686
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 10:59:58 AM
Last edit: October 12, 2017, 11:15:44 AM by Sozialtourist

With today's technology and broadband internet connection 15 mbps is achievable even in smaller cities and villages with mobile connection  Smiley
Seriously guys? I live in small city and I've got almost 21 mbps with my mobile connection and 13mbsp with my home TV offer  Cool

It mostly depends on which country you are from. Not everywhere in the world a fast internet connection is available (yet).
the_donald

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 11:29:46 AM

With today's technology and broadband internet connection 15 mbps is achievable even in smaller cities and villages with mobile connection  Smiley
Seriously guys? I live in small city and I've got almost 21 mbps with my mobile connection and 13mbsp with my home TV offer  Cool

It mostly depends on which country you are from. Not everywhere in the world a fast internet connection is available (yet).

that will change with time. it seems that broadband is becoming more and more accessible. or you could move to my country and get 1Gb/s connection for 12 euros Wink

levyashin

Activity: 980
Merit: 276

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 11:37:39 AM

that will change with time. it seems that broadband is becoming more and more accessible. or you could move to my country and get 1Gb/s connection for 12 euros Wink

Damn, that's a nice bandwidth.  Majority of the world internet is more than 15mbps for that it won't be a problem for playkey. For example, i have 50mb/s connection in one of a not advanced country.  For the people who don't have such a connection, hold tight in someday you will get too. I can remember when I was very happy with 16kb/s.

webwakko

Activity: 350

It's all about the cryptocoins

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2017, 11:43:26 AM

I'm not that much of a gamer anymore, but if I look at the youth right now.. this could actualy be something.
Despite the fact that teens don't get out that much anymore and they are stuck behind their laptops, gameconsoles, etc... is this a way to reward them for playing.
So.. maybe they could get out more with the earned money Smiley
Anyhow.. not going to join this one, but good luck anyway..

note: Don't think you guys are the first with this idea, but there can always be more then one player on the market Wink

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project  ☞ Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
ubercool

Activity: 1078
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 11:47:00 AM

The videos on Youtube with all the gameplay is really cool to see.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBrqwbjJRFM

Dishonoured 2 is one of my favorite games and glad to see it on Playkey.
cxrealdcx

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 12:18:35 PM

And you don´t travel a lot hah. There are cities where you can be happy if you have speed like that. Of course when you live in your nice house in westeurope it´s not like that, but please wake up!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 131 »
  Print  

Jump to: