Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:52:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 131 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] PLAYKEY: DECENTRALIZED CLOUD GAMING PLATFORM  (Read 41870 times)
tiger5056

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 12:41:19 PM

I just tried to play Doom demo o playkey. Unfortunately, even with an actual 8mbps connection (I know that's not that fast compared to some other places), it's pretty much unplayable. I'm in SE Asia, so maybe geographically that's an area that has more ping?

Well I heard that the a connection from at least 15 mbps is recommended. So with 8 mbps it isn't a surprise that you can't use play without lags.
With today's technology and broadband internet connection 15 mbps is achievable even in smaller cities and villages with mobile connection  Smiley
Unfortunately, I also have only 8 mbps. Maybe I will do the research if better internet speed is available in my location.
Seriously guys? I live in small city and I've got almost 21 mbps with my mobile connection and 13mbsp with my home TV offer  Cool

And you don´t travel a lot hah. There are cities where you can be happy if you have speed like that. Of course when you live in your nice house in westeurope it´s not like that, but please wake up!
may be later on Playkey can look to integrate into some CDN provider to help country with expensive bandwidth. Also would be nice if they partner with CDN provider.

Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
leea-1334

Activity: 2240
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 12:43:46 PM

I just tried to play Doom demo o playkey. Unfortunately, even with an actual 8mbps connection (I know that's not that fast compared to some other places), it's pretty much unplayable. I'm in SE Asia, so maybe geographically that's an area that has more ping?

Well I heard that the a connection from at least 15 mbps is recommended. So with 8 mbps it isn't a surprise that you can't use play without lags.
With today's technology and broadband internet connection 15 mbps is achievable even in smaller cities and villages with mobile connection  Smiley
Unfortunately, I also have only 8 mbps. Maybe I will do the research if better internet speed is available in my location.
Seriously guys? I live in small city and I've got almost 21 mbps with my mobile connection and 13mbsp with my home TV offer  Cool

And you don´t travel a lot hah. There are cities where you can be happy if you have speed like that. Of course when you live in your nice house in westeurope it´s not like that, but please wake up!

So it does seem true that this platform is simply unplayable with anything less than 15 mbps connection. I hope the project realises that the largest gaming population lives in Asia, where the average connection is much less than that even in developed urban areas. You can ignore them and focus on the West and America, but there you have it.

P.S. I have been to Europe and not everyone afford high speed internet too.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Trrrt

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 12:49:49 PM

I think when the platform will be more developed we will be able to play with less than 15 mbps. Streaming game take a lot of internet connection, but it will be optimized in the future. Playkey will become a major platform for the cloud gaming and will offer his service to most of us.
bitcoinbulk

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

Ternion | Hybrid Crypto Exchange with fiat gateway

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2017, 12:59:19 PM

may be later on Playkey can look to integrate into some CDN provider to help country with expensive bandwidth. Also would be nice if they partner with CDN provider.

It's not a bad idea! I can definitely see a lot of gaming companies going this route in the future. Imagine if they were to partner with AWS or Azure!

adisma

Activity: 308

einc.io

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2017, 12:59:43 PM

As soon as you have to stream something, you need a good connection.

Of course, when you play games, you need to download the video flow, but upload the commands sent by the player.. I dont know how you want to do that without a good connection.

To compare, nVidia has the same platform of video games streaming hosted on their servers. Here are their recommendations :
10 Megabits per second – Required broadband connection speed
20 Megabits per second – Recommended for 720p 60 FPS quality
50 Megabits per second – Recommended for 1080p 60 FPS quality

haxllega

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 01:01:13 PM

With today's technology and broadband internet connection 15 mbps is achievable even in smaller cities and villages with mobile connection  Smiley
Seriously guys? I live in small city and I've got almost 21 mbps with my mobile connection and 13mbsp with my home TV offer  Cool

It mostly depends on which country you are from. Not everywhere in the world a fast internet connection is available (yet).

that will change with time. it seems that broadband is becoming more and more accessible. or you could move to my country and get 1Gb/s connection for 12 euros Wink
Wait 1 Gb/s! Which country? I think I should blame my government for my slow internet because nearly everybody here has 8-15 mbps.

marmeladko

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 01:05:50 PM

For the gaming companies the future. The idea clearly can be successful.

A game server will be in every country?

toolucky98

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 01:10:49 PM

Of course, when you play games, you need to download the video flow, but upload the commands sent by the player.. I dont know how you want to do that without a good connection.

To compare, nVidia has the same platform of video games streaming hosted on their servers. Here are their recommendations :
So this is the centralized version? nvidia itself who will host it?
helloal

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 01:14:41 PM

I think when the platform will be more developed we will be able to play with less than 15 mbps. Streaming game take a lot of internet connection, but it will be optimized in the future. Playkey will become a major platform for the cloud gaming and will offer his service to most of us.

Unfortunately, although I'm not an expert in these things, I wouldn't think that they could improve the latency by that much, since using playkey doesn't not require any pre-downloaded assets (other than the small playkey installation).
I guess we will just have to wait for internet connection speeds around the world to improve further. But good luck with that - most governments are good as wasting taxpayer money on useless things.

stormcleric

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2017, 01:38:42 PM

Finally a great approach for gameplay streaming on the blockchain. That technology will need a great team behind. I've always wondered what's the max ping to play smoothly.

Mystic90

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 02:32:59 PM

I'm not that much of a gamer anymore, but if I look at the youth right now.. this could actualy be something.
Despite the fact that teens don't get out that much anymore and they are stuck behind their laptops, gameconsoles, etc... is this a way to reward them for playing.
So.. maybe they could get out more with the earned money Smiley
Anyhow.. not going to join this one, but good luck anyway..

note: Don't think you guys are the first with this idea, but there can always be more then one player on the market Wink

I am 31y old, even in my teens I was only gaming online. However I do think the amount of gamers grew a lot in the years. Its soo much easier to game nowadays. Go Playkey!
cantdecide

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 02:48:40 PM

Unfortunately, although I'm not an expert in these things, I wouldn't think that they could improve the latency by that much, since using playkey doesn't not require any pre-downloaded assets (other than the small playkey installation).
I guess we will just have to wait for internet connection speeds around the world to improve further. But good luck with that - most governments are good as wasting taxpayer money on useless things.

I am also pretty sure that they can't change this in a big way. But as internet connections spread more and more, also get's faster with every year, this will be no problem in some years in my opinion.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
matjas

Activity: 798
Merit: 115

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 02:52:49 PM

I think internet trough optic cables is spreading a lot right now and the speeds there are more than enough for playing games on Playkey. Unfortunately its not available in rural areas since you need an actual cable to reach that speed. To some point it will be solved when they develop 5G mobile connection.

Truthfinder76

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 02:53:23 PM

Nowadays the normal Internet speed is about 100 mb. p. s., what the problem?
the_donald

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 03:26:21 PM

Nowadays the normal Internet speed is about 100 mb. p. s., what the problem?

you'd be surprised how few people have connections over 100Mb. if you're in the US, that costs and arm and a leg.

Yasemin

Activity: 224

Become Part of the Mining Family

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 03:37:57 PM

I see in this thread that everybody is talking about how this cloud gaming platform of playkey is better than the competitors, but no one explains why.
Here is what I found with a little bit of research:
''One of the key differences between PlayKey and failed cloud gaming competitors of the past, is their optimized server runtime (thus lowering operating costs). PlayKey can run different 20 game sessions (or users), simultaneously on the same server with multiplayer support. ''

Check out this great article on playkey: https://techcrunch.com/2017/05/16/playkey-is-reviving-the-cloud-gaming-market-by-allowing-you-to-buy-or-bring-your-own-games/

lykovaleksey (OP)

Activity: 140

Playkey CTO & Cofounder

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2017, 04:06:46 PM

Guys, Forbes wrote about us!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chongchris/2017/10/11/cloud-gaming-is-launching-in-southeast-asia-using-blockchain-to-empower-gamers/

◇ PLAYKEY: DECENTRALIZED CLOUD GAMING PLATFORM ◇
ICO starts 1st Nov.
https://playkey.io

FIEX

Activity: 630
Merit: 276

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 04:09:08 PM

Wow thats great!
Forbes has a lot of readers and a lot of investors are on that website.

Thanks for sharing this with us!
More articles like this Wink
SEELE^^01

Activity: 952
Merit: 137

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 04:18:03 PM

nice, this is really great news, since this will rise the media awareness of this ico project to new heights Smiley

congratulation dev team Smiley
Oniko

Activity: 322
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 04:27:12 PM

guys platform will be available fome the tablet ?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 131 »
  Print  

Jump to: