Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 03:03:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 131 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] PLAYKEY: DECENTRALIZED CLOUD GAMING PLATFORM  (Read 41870 times)
niklasmato

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 05:00:30 PM

I just tried to play Doom demo o playkey. Unfortunately, even with an actual 8mbps connection (I know that's not that fast compared to some other places), it's pretty much unplayable. I'm in SE Asia, so maybe geographically that's an area that has more ping?

Well I heard that the a connection from at least 15 mbps is recommended. So with 8 mbps it isn't a surprise that you can't use play without lags.
With today's technology and broadband internet connection 15 mbps is achievable even in smaller cities and villages with mobile connection  Smiley
Unfortunately, I also have only 8 mbps. Maybe I will do the research if better internet speed is available in my location.
Seriously guys? I live in small city and I've got almost 21 mbps with my mobile connection and 13mbsp with my home TV offer  Cool

Good on you man, but u shouldn't rub it in.

I like the idea of being able to game from cloud just with decent internet speed. And I don't want to spend huge amounts on a rig just to play an occasional game.

I see bright future if the devs can provide the promise.

Speed really isn't the only thing. The bigger issues is latency (delay). You can have huge speeds (like satellite download) but really big delay on those links.
For gaming delay is a big big no go.
IF they want to be successful in the gaming market Playkey will need to have server farms all over the world, all with good decent internet connections.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
alphashotgun

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 05:26:46 PM

I just tried to play Doom demo o playkey. Unfortunately, even with an actual 8mbps connection (I know that's not that fast compared to some other places), it's pretty much unplayable. I'm in SE Asia, so maybe geographically that's an area that has more ping?

Well I heard that the a connection from at least 15 mbps is recommended. So with 8 mbps it isn't a surprise that you can't use play without lags.
With today's technology and broadband internet connection 15 mbps is achievable even in smaller cities and villages with mobile connection  Smiley
Unfortunately, I also have only 8 mbps. Maybe I will do the research if better internet speed is available in my location.
Seriously guys? I live in small city and I've got almost 21 mbps with my mobile connection and 13mbsp with my home TV offer  Cool

And you don´t travel a lot hah. There are cities where you can be happy if you have speed like that. Of course when you live in your nice house in westeurope it´s not like that, but please wake up!

So it does seem true that this platform is simply unplayable with anything less than 15 mbps connection. I hope the project realises that the largest gaming population lives in Asia, where the average connection is much less than that even in developed urban areas. You can ignore them and focus on the West and America, but there you have it.

P.S. I have been to Europe and not everyone afford high speed internet too.

indeed. i am austrian and got the slowest package my provider offes. its enough since i dont do streaming and gaming
persefona

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 05:28:16 PM

What about rendering the video for bloggers in your platform ? It was be cool for blogger with slow PC
Rigorous

Activity: 574
Merit: 115

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 05:36:37 PM

Speed really isn't the only thing. The bigger issues is latency (delay). You can have huge speeds (like satellite download) but really big delay on those links.
IF they want to be successful in the gaming market Playkey will need to have server farms all over the world, all with good decent internet connections.

The PlayKey service team devised a new decentralized system:

the owner of upgraded gaming PC (for instance, GTX 1080 or analog AMD) would be able to rent it out to other people.
ParRus

Activity: 490
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 05:38:51 PM

Good on you man, but u shouldn't rub it in.

I like the idea of being able to game from cloud just with decent internet speed. And I don't want to spend huge amounts on a rig just to play an occasional game.

I see bright future if the devs can provide the promise.

Well, everything in the world evolves and progresses, if you remember what mobile phones was 10 years ago - compare with current gadgets and smartphones,
as we see progress does not stand still. it will be with the speed of the Internet too
Korsakopf

Activity: 210
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 05:58:33 PM

I saw the video of Playkey running doom, really looked impressive if you can run that on an old PC. So i've been going through the Whitepaper and on page 9 it mentions that miners (people offering their computer power in this case) will earn up to 10$ a day. But that seems quite expensive for people using the service. Or does it work differently?
toolucky98

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 06:08:24 PM

"Launcing in Southeast Asia", So this project will be based in SEA?
If so, then they will obviously provide a better connection (ping) in SEA.
But the bad thing is this :

I also have 8mbps connection, in my country (im also in SEA) this connection is almost the best (already using fiber optic).
So i think as a normal people, i cant get better connection here.

Its really feel bad to know that even theyre launching the project in SEA, i still cant use it.
Elkmar

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 06:16:50 PM

nice, this is really great news, since this will rise the media awareness of this ico project to new heights Smiley

congratulation dev team Smiley

Good to see that this project begins to make noise  Smiley
Rigorous

Activity: 574
Merit: 115

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 06:25:22 PM

the owner of upgraded gaming PC (for instance, GTX 1080 or analog AMD) would be able to rent it out to other people.

I also wonder how that is going to work with licenses. Does the owner of the the gaming PC have to own the game? Or is the game data sent from PlayKey cloud servers, then rendered and captured on a gaming PC, then sent back into the cloud and finally the video stream is sent to the player?
John Nash

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2017, 06:39:08 PM

Hi Playkey community,

Anyone who is interested in the participation at Pre-Sale (60ETH+) can write me there, and I will answer your questions about the project.

John Nash
tiger5056

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 06:45:12 PM

is it going to available on smartphone and desktops?

John Nash

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2017, 06:54:38 PM

I'm not a fan of the online gaming but i am a crypto enthusiast and i guess, thru this token, i can be a good gamer.
I will start to know the game and promise to be a better noob.

lol, eSports keeps growing by the months! If there's money in the industry, I will invest! Grin

The question to me is, does esport need a cloud gaming platform on blockchain tech? I can understand the growth of this industry and im a huge fan of anythign crypto related. Will need to look deeper into this project to understand why it would be best on a blockchain

Yes, we will support esport services and you can play MMOs at Playkey

Playkey uses blockchain to create a protocol for gaming, providing transparent transactions, smart contracts and monetization of services. To connect miners, gamers, publishers and service providers we need unified intracurrency to simplify transactions, and make them safe and reliable.
sockpuppet1911

Activity: 994
Merit: 278

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 06:57:53 PM

I have a semi-fast connection and live in Europe. It worked like a charm for me.
alterego087

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 07:27:37 PM

the idea is very good. the number of gamers is growing every year. good equipment costs good money, so cloud platforms will be in demand in the market very much.
ParRus

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 08:15:38 PM

the idea is very good. the number of gamers is growing every year. good equipment costs good money, so cloud platforms will be in demand in the market very much.

I agree, and the load is growing. gamers more and more + the games themselves become more perfect and require good graphics cards. the project will be very useful
Truthfinder76

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 08:29:39 PM

I also wonder how that is going to work with licenses. Does the owner of the the gaming PC have to own the game? Or is the game data sent from PlayKey cloud servers, then rendered and captured on a gaming PC, then sent back into the cloud and finally the video stream is sent to the player?
I think that license isn’t needed for the owner because: 1. PlayKey have a really big count of games in their library, must you buy them all?; 2. Game must be buyed by person who want to play.
Voltaje

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 08:55:05 PM

I agree, and the load is growing. gamers more and more + the games themselves become more perfect and require good graphics cards. the project will be very useful

If streaming in the cloud becomes the norm, then the graphics and computer market will decrease, GPU won't be so robust if anybody just play in the cloud, there will always be a market, but it will only be for the ones with money, right now common people could buy a decent GPU to play decently, and the servers will be made from GPU s for servers only, like Tesla or AMD Pro.
Heimer

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 09:02:16 PM

If streaming in the cloud becomes the norm, then the graphics and computer market will decrease, GPU won't be so robust if anybody just play in the cloud, there will always be a market, but it will only be for the ones with money, right now common people could buy a decent GPU to play decently, and the servers will be made from GPU s for servers only, like Tesla or AMD Pro.
It depends on price ratio. If giants like intel and nvidia still will be putting ridiculous prices on their parts then could gamign could dominate gaming industry  Cool
Sozialtourist

Activity: 686
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 09:04:46 PM
Last edit: October 12, 2017, 09:36:52 PM by Sozialtourist

I think that license isn’t needed for the owner because: 1. PlayKey have a really big count of games in their library, must you buy them all?; 2. Game must be buyed by person who want to play.

I guess it could indeed be necessary to rework the terms and condiitions for the video games regarding cloud gaming. I don't think that everything is regulated already.
Trrrt

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 09:19:39 PM

I live the way that playkey will link the blockchain and the video games market. Its really a disruptive idea and I think it will make a lot of benefit, profit of two big market. Cloud gaming is the future !
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 131 »
  Print  

Jump to: