Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:40:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 131 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] PLAYKEY: DECENTRALIZED CLOUD GAMING PLATFORM  (Read 41870 times)
SEELE^^01

Activity: 952
Merit: 137

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 08:04:55 AM

How much they raised on pre-sale already? I dont see a counter on site..

Yes, if anybody can answer this question please, i would be very interested to know how is going, hope very well!

oi, they should really implement a counter for this for people to see how much they already have raised so far Smiley i dont like to be on the dark side without knowing how many ppl are in there already.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lykovaleksey (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Playkey CTO & Cofounder

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2017, 08:11:17 AM
Last edit: October 19, 2017, 08:27:55 AM by lykovaleksey

Token Sale starts at November the 1st, but - hey! - we are already ready to show you how the Playkey Decentralized Cloud Gaming Platfrom works! Really!

This is our first prototype and it works: now you can see what our system will be looking like in the eyes of users.

In short, on this video you can watch a miner adding his server to the system, where it registers and shows the availability of servers for gaming.
The client chooses a game and a server, on which he or she would like to play. Next step is the process of connecting and then gaming. PКT passes from the client's account to the miner's one in real time.

Like our posts, share the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQUwcQBb9Is

◇ PLAYKEY: DECENTRALIZED CLOUD GAMING PLATFORM ◇
ICO starts 1st Nov.
https://playkey.io

TorbiK

Activity: 448

Diagon

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 08:29:04 AM

Token Sale starts at November the 1st, but - hey! - we are already ready to show you how the Playkey Decentralized Cloud Gaming Platfrom works! Really!

This is our first prototype and it works: now you can see what our system will be looking like in the eyes of users.

In short, on this video you can watch a miner adding his server to the system, where it registers and shows the availability of servers for gaming.
The client chooses a game and a server, on which he or she would like to play. Next step is the process of connecting and then gaming. PКT passes from the client's account to the miner's one in real time.

If the miner turns off his server from your service, will all players lose touch with the games?

DIAGON  e S p o r t s       Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAP CN SPN RU   WHITEPAPER  ]   ICO ❱ ❱  Nov. 12 th
facebook    TWITTER    reddit     ────   (   B U Y   )   ────
Snipe85

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

Infleum

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 08:36:45 AM

I watched the video, it is exciting and informative. Do I understand correctly that on the pre-sale Playkey team has already collected over 1 $million?

alphashotgun

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 08:41:49 AM

I watched the video, it is exciting and informative. Do I understand correctly that on the pre-sale Playkey team has already collected over 1 $million?

thats what i understood too
phreeksta

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 08:50:42 AM

If the miner turns off his server from your service, will all players lose touch with the games?

Yes, the gamers that currently playing that game on that server would be disconnected. But there is technically no way to prevent that. If you talk to a friend on the phone and suddenly his phone breaks, you are disconnected too :-) 
toolucky98

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 08:55:53 AM

Yes, the gamers that currently playing that game on that server would be disconnected. But there is technically no way to prevent that. If you talk to a friend on the phone and suddenly his phone breaks, you are disconnected too :-) 
But will there be a precaution for that? or is it just going to be a risk for players?
batako

Activity: 1022
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 09:05:46 AM

But will there be a precaution for that? or is it just going to be a risk for players?

I think there will be some rules in regard with such possibility. The miners should get a penalty and if they keep doing it, playkey can remove them from the platform.
Mystic90

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 09:07:34 AM

Do i understand correctly that every gamer should buy a game activation key. This key is checked by the miner to get acces to the games?
alexsmalex

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 09:17:17 AM

Hmm how good it possible to play multiplayer games, which need some kind of ·response capacity.
The latence should be quite high since the cloud is involved.

That is a good question, usually, all the power is done by the miner which will host the game, but about the internet connection?mmm, well perhaps you will need minimum connection requirements for each game, the ones that play in solo mode will be fine, but the multiplayer ones will ask you to have a better connection, don't know.

I would say that if you will be able to play single player and will meat the recommended internet speed of 15 mbs, you should be fine also with multiplayer version of the game.

I think if you want to play multiplayer games in a very competitive way, it can be the delay is not going to help you ( better to wait official answers anyway), but i'm not sure as i had not the chance to try any of the multiplayer games provided.

Forget it. You just CAN'T play multiplayer games in a competitive way with cloud gaming. Like you said, the delay will just kill you :-)

Yes, you can't play call of duty or so but you can play turn-based strategies Smiley It will depend on the game.

Maybe you can play multiplayer playkey exclusive servers. If everybody has the same delay, everybody would play with equal conditions. But i am not sure is it possible.

You are right. Turn-Based-Strategy is one of the few things you probably could play competitively.

Regarding own servers - Nope it isn't possible. Well, basically the game would need to offer software / "server"-mode to run an own server. In the past, it was not unusual. In Quake 3, Minecraft and several other games, that was possible. Nowadays, almost no one is offering a way to host their own server.

That's the innovation of this platform. She works directly with the game producers and will achieve what you say is not possible
Taner

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 09:29:46 AM

It's interesting that now on pre-sale the limit to enter is 60 ETH, as I understand it. But with bonuses. But during the ICO it will be possible to buy tokens in any amount...
phreeksta

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 09:30:45 AM

Hmm how good it possible to play multiplayer games, which need some kind of ·response capacity.

That is a good question, usually, all the power is done by the miner which will host the game, but about the internet connection?mmm, well perhaps you will need minimum connection requirements for each game, the ones that play in solo mode will be fine, but the multiplayer ones will ask you to have a better connection, don't know.

I would say that if you will be able to play single player and will meat the recommended internet speed of 15 mbs, you should be fine also with multiplayer version of the game.

I think if you want to play multiplayer games in a very competitive way, it can be the delay is not going to help you ( better to wait official answers anyway), but i'm not sure as i had not the chance to try any of the multiplayer games provided.

Forget it. You just CAN'T play multiplayer games in a competitive way with cloud gaming. Like you said, the delay will just kill you :-)

Yes, you can't play call of duty or so but you can play turn-based strategies Smiley It will depend on the game.

Maybe you can play multiplayer playkey exclusive servers. If everybody has the same delay, everybody would play with equal conditions. But i am not sure is it possible.

You are right. Turn-Based-Strategy is one of the few things you probably could play competitively.

Regarding own servers - Nope it isn't possible. Well, basically the game would need to offer software / "server"-mode to run an own server. In the past, it was not unusual. In Quake 3, Minecraft and several other games, that was possible. Nowadays, almost no one is offering a way to host their own server.

That's the innovation of this platform. She works directly with the game producers and will achieve what you say is not possible

First of all, I don't see any indications that PlayKey has any cooperations with big game companies ... and even if that would be the case ... this technically issues can't be solved in a way that makes sense. Of course there are ways ... but there is no way to find a perfect solution for that. If a server is gone .. it is gone. Of course you COULD start adding some redundancy, but for a company that needs a lot hardware power, it doesn't make sense. I don't see a solution of that "problem", on the other hand, this shouldn't be a big problem at all. Unreliable servers will be just shut down for good.
phreeksta

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 09:34:17 AM

I think there will be some rules in regard with such possibility. The miners should get a penalty and if they keep doing it, playkey can remove them from the platform.

Yep, I suppose that is how it will work. It just make sense. On most of the other platforms, the server provider improve with server uptime etc. their reputation over time and get more and more "work" to do.   
viljy

Activity: 1750
Merit: 874

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 10:05:35 AM

On the video, I noticed that GTA5 produces almost 60 fps on the meter. This is a very good result for Full HD. On the other hand, GTA5 came out several years ago, and besides it is almost perfectly optimized, it can start on 1mb VRAM. For a demonstration, show something newer and heavier to give out 60fps, for example THE EVIL WITHIN 2 or SENUA'S SACRIFICE
matjas

Activity: 798
Merit: 115

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 10:46:19 AM

Yep, I suppose that is how it will work. It just make sense. On most of the other platforms, the server provider improve with server uptime etc. their reputation over time and get more and more "work" to do.   

Since saved games will be saved in a cloud, it can just automatically reconnect to another miner and loads your saved files. Ok, you will still be interrupted but at least it will be a reminder to take a brake which some gamers forget about.

levyashin

Activity: 980
Merit: 276

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 11:03:15 AM

No, i don't mean owning servers, I think about they can make arrangements to service providers, for example with 20 servers they open, they open one exclusive server for playkey. Server provider will be the same but it makes some exclusive ones for playkey. Again I am not sure it is an applicable thing but if it can happen, that would be nice.

the_donald

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 11:04:03 AM

Do i understand correctly that every gamer should buy a game activation key. This key is checked by the miner to get acces to the games?

isn't this service subscription based? it is on playkey.net

phreeksta

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 11:09:05 AM

No, i don't mean owning servers, I think about they can make arrangements to service providers, for example with 20 servers they open, they open one exclusive server for playkey. Server provider will be the same but it makes some exclusive ones for playkey. Again I am not sure it is an applicable thing but if it can happen, that would be nice.

Ah, I see. It still won't work :-) Companies won't be willing to put exclusive servers online. Multiplayer games depend on a lot of currently playing gamers, so you don't have to wait long between rounds + decent matchmaking. If you create a server only for PlayKey, it is very likely that these 2 points won't be satisfied.
phreeksta

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 11:10:17 AM

isn't this service subscription based? it is on playkey.net

It is, but you still have to buy games (most of them, especially the new ones) that you want to play. 
magisterr

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 11:42:18 AM

I seen at their contrack adress, they raised $310,657 right now.  Roll Eyes
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 131 »
  Print  

Jump to: