Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 07:05:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 125 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Haasonline Simple Trade Bot For BTCe and Bitstamp[Main topic]  (Read 416428 times)
nowywbitcoinowymswiecie

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 04:54:24 PM
Last edit: October 29, 2013, 05:27:55 PM by nowywbitcoinowymswiecie

It seems price graph are not refresh even if internet connection is UP all the time. Stephan224 - please check if window is refreshing. If I minimize window and try to maximize it after a while graphs are not update with new graph.

Maybe You could Add manual refresh button?? Wink

newbee here 1PkHkAEssCQoarLz6hcmQzF9zbaxGrxdFz
Stephan224 (OP)

Activity: 449
Merit: 250

Software developer

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2013, 06:41:20 PM

Dear Stephan224 - I think I found one issue with internet connection. When internet connection drops TradeBot stops refreshing rates BUT it shows last update time continuosly.
I have internet connection through 3G modem. Connection is very stable but once per day modem reconnects. Today I was trying to recieve samples from exchange portal so Ive started trading Bot and put window in background. After few hours Ive checked and found that currency graph are not updated.

I have got several users using a mobile connection (that is unstable). This is no problem for the Simple Trade Bot, if the connection gets lost the software restores itself. On the background there is a trade engine at work, this engine that runs every 20seconds no matter what. The same engine produces the timer update that you have seen. In your cause the connection has become lost, the engine just keep on running and will keep on trying to read the exchange every 20seconds. Once the connection comes back the information will be processed again.

You can try this, by doing this manually:
- Make a internet connection
- Start the software
- Disable the connection
- Wait
- Connect again.
- Check if the software restores. Smiley

Note: be aware of the 20seconds, so disconnect longer then 20seconds to force the software to go wrong.

It seems price graph are not refresh even if internet connection is UP all the time. Stephan224 - please check if window is refreshing. If I minimize window and try to maximize it after a while graphs are not update with new graph.

Maybe You could Add manual refresh button?? Wink

Are you really sure this problem is related to the software?

Yes i could add a refresh button, but the engine is making refreshes each 20seconds. All interface information is updated at that moment. To force a reconnect to all the exchanges you could Open and Save the settings form. This will result in a refresh you might be looking for.

I've run into a situation where the benchmark says it should have traded back and forth 2 times but it did nothing. There's enough in my account to fund all actions. This happened with both bot 1 and 2 and yes they are and have been set to active.

I tested the API connection through direct exchange and it had no trouble placing an order.

Your approach is prefect, you did everything you could do. But the problem you describe here can not exists. At the last update i made very sure all logic is executed using the same code. So there can be no difference in the outcome. So there has to be something else... did you change anything? anything at all?

Lead developer of Haasonline Software Engineering and owner of Haasonline.com - Checkout my Simple Trade Bot on: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=211979.0
chadwickx16

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 07:07:50 PM

Stephan224,

I'm having a problem with the bot reporting the correct amount in my wallet to trade with.  It is communicating with my wallet, but not when I select all-in.

I have nothing on orders.

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████████
░░░░███████████████████████████████████████████
░░░████████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███████████████
░░░██████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀████████████
░░████████████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░███████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
░░██████████
░░██████████
░░██████████
░░░██████████
░░░████████████░
░░░░█████████████████████████████████████
░░░░░▀███████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████████████████
░░░░░▄▄██████████████████████████████████
░░░████████████
░░███████████
░██████████▌
▐█████████▌
▐█████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
▐██████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████
░███████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░▐████████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░▐███████████████▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄████████████████
░░░░░░░░░████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███

███
███
!
#
HOMEPAGE
ANNOUNCEMENT
JOIN US ON SLACK
Stephan224 (OP)

Software developer

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2013, 07:16:20 PM

This is by design, its a 10% safety margin i put in to cover any unexpected costs. This way i make sure trading will happen. So at all-in you are trading with 90% of your wallet amount.

In your case:
4.18 BTC in wallet - 10% safety margin = 3.762 BTC

Lead developer of Haasonline Software Engineering and owner of Haasonline.com - Checkout my Simple Trade Bot on: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=211979.0
chadwickx16

Activity: 826

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 07:21:04 PM

This is by design, its a 10% safety margin i put in to cover any unexpected costs. This way i make sure trading will happen. So at all-in you are trading with 90% of your wallet amount.

In your case:
4.18 BTC in wallet - 10% safety margin = 3.762 BTC

Thank you!

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████
░░░████████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███████████████
░░░██████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀████████████
░░████████████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░███████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
░░██████████
░░██████████
░░██████████
░░░██████████
░░░████████████░
░░░░░▀███████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████████████████
░░░░░▄▄██████████████████████████████████
░░░████████████
░░███████████
░██████████▌
▐█████████▌
▐█████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
▐██████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████
░███████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░▐████████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░▐███████████████▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄████████████████
░░░░░░░░░████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███

███
███
!
#
HOMEPAGE
ANNOUNCEMENT
JOIN US ON SLACK
nowywbitcoinowymswiecie

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 08:45:58 PM

Actually Ive checked this . If I minimize window for a while and maximize later currency graph wont update. The only way is to close TradeBot and start again. Of course currency data is lost. Ill check this again tomorrow but please analyze this.
Regards

rlhead7173

Activity: 109

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 09:12:18 PM

What exactly goes into each field to connect to Bitstamp? I put:

Login: "My User ID"
API-Key: "My API Key"
Secret-Key: "My Secret Key"

This does not seem to work though. I have confirmed that the API is activated on Bitstmap.

BTC: 169Mm5zefmZz2EuJDRkXWtUQ9T1SQhEVPg
LTC: LTmq5m7SvGBfdShyQFPgRxZ5SUc2hsiCqV
NXT: NXT-PUTF-QSCM-DBJZ-CZMS7
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582

Well hello there!

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 04:22:59 AM

I'm having issue(s) connecting to the BitStamp API once again :/

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582

Well hello there!

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 04:26:35 AM

I also seem to be having issues with Simple Bot apparently not being able to place an actual Sell order at Cryptsy.  It keeps giving me the following error message in the Debug Tab "No trade (9): Can not trade due open order at the exchange"   the thing is, I don't have any open orders on my Cryptsy account.  Any suggestions Stephan?

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
Stephan224 (OP)

Software developer

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2013, 07:58:15 AM

I'm having issue(s) connecting to the BitStamp API once again :/

The Bitstamp API implemented into the Simple Trade Bot works according to the new API rules of Bitstamp. This has been checked and verified by Bitstamp itself, so there can be no discussion it does not work. If it does not work there can be 2 things; or the connection settings are invalid or the Bitstamp API is down. Nothing else can be wrong because logic i wrote can not change itself.

The last thing is what i see happening the past few days, the API of Bistamp does not always seem to work right now. And i suspect this is related to there API move tomorrow the 31st.

I also seem to be having issues with Simple Bot apparently not being able to place an actual Sell order at Cryptsy.  It keeps giving me the following error message in the Debug Tab "No trade (9): Can not trade due open order at the exchange"   the thing is, I don't have any open orders on my Cryptsy account.  Any suggestions Stephan?

The same story applies to Cryptsy, the API you and i have has been checked and verified. It simply works. This can be verified by trading with the "Direct exchange" option. Every message you get back there comes directly from the API. If that message tells you, you have an open order. Well there should be an open order, because the API does not tell this for nothing.

Actually Ive checked this . If I minimize window for a while and maximize later currency graph wont update. The only way is to close TradeBot and start again. Of course currency data is lost. Ill check this again tomorrow but please analyze this.
Regards

Keep me posted about this. If needed i will have a look, but i was not able to reproduce it here yet.

nowywbitcoinowymswiecie

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 09:44:24 AM

Dear Stephan224 -  Ive send You PM concerning the issue. Looks more serious than initially though.

AtlasONo

Activity: 551
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 01:53:12 PM
Last edit: October 30, 2013, 02:04:08 PM by AtlasONo

Ok now am I missing something or did it fail to place several orders again? It's been running the same settings through out the time period that's graphed.

Also since the Coin position is at bought the benchmark shouldn't be buying as its first move it should be selling.

Stephan224 (OP)

Software developer

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2013, 02:40:29 PM

Lol, no it did not fail to place several orders. This looks perfectly normal to me. In the beginning of the chart i see that at interval 608 your coins have been sold. After this interval the currency continued to raise and therefore no more coins where bought. This is logical because the buy price (=last sell price - minimum drop) was never found again until interval 2380. So trading had stopped in the time between.

This learns you that the indicator you have be using gives a selling signal to soon. After all the currency was still raising.

Looking at your indicator (which i can not see, but i can see the speed of response) you indicators is responding to fast too. The profit you make it to low, it can be better. (i have looked at the buy and sell prices)

This is one of the reasons my is made this benchmaking form. Now you can Save this currency data, go back to the trade bot, adjust your indicators and start the benchmark again. Doing this will guide you to a better combination or configuration of the assigned indicator. And next time hopefully your logic will result in more trades and more profit.

-------------

I will have a look why the benchmark started to buy first, that does not seem to be right.

-------------

Something else, the difference you see now between the benchmark and the real-time information is caused by: coin position and the last by/sell values. If you restore those to the setting you started with on the real-time situation you will get the same results.

CryptoMaster

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 03:01:55 PM

I also encountered the update issue. I had the next situation happen to me just now:

- Had Bot 1 active trading BTC/USD for several hours. Bot 2 was simply capturing BTC/USD data with a different update timer (doing some benchmarks there).

- Changed Bot 2 to LTC/USD since I saw some interesting movements. The graph did not update, it still displayed BTC/USD with the previous data. Changed timers and nothing changed aswell. Bot 1 was not touched at all during all this period. Some time later (don't know exactly, but more than 20sec. I'd make a wild guess at 1-3min) I find BOTH bots' data reset, which was quite annoying. Bot 2 started displaying the proper graph obviously, but at the cost of resetting Bot 1 when it shouldn't have had. I didn't do the Settings trick to refresh when I changed bot 2 precisely because I didn't want to lose data on Bot 1, so it happened by itself. Hopefully you can reproduce it with this explanation.
nowywbitcoinowymswiecie

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 04:01:05 PM

I also encountered the update issue. I had the next situation happen to me just now:

- Had Bot 1 active trading BTC/USD for several hours. Bot 2 was simply capturing BTC/USD data with a different update timer (doing some benchmarks there).

- Changed Bot 2 to LTC/USD since I saw some interesting movements. The graph did not update, it still displayed BTC/USD with the previous data. Changed timers and nothing changed aswell. Bot 1 was not touched at all during all this period. Some time later (don't know exactly, but more than 20sec. I'd make a wild guess at 1-3min) I find BOTH bots' data reset, which was quite annoying. Bot 2 started displaying the proper graph obviously, but at the cost of resetting Bot 1 when it shouldn't have had. I didn't do the Settings trick to refresh when I changed bot 2 precisely because I didn't want to lose data on Bot 1, so it happened by itself. Hopefully you can reproduce it with this explanation.

Ive reported the same situation (PM to Stephan224). What I can advise - uninstall STB and install again. In my case it helped - I am checking it for whole day and its ok now.

AtlasONo

Activity: 551
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 04:43:15 PM

Stephan I think you misunderstood my post. The benchmark tool shows several trades but the active bot (pictured on the left in my previous post) only made 2 transactions in the same time period on the same settings.

For instance it bought at interval 2411 at 193.21 and then didn't sell it even 8 hours later after the price had gone well above the target price twice, the benchmark indicates atleast 2 instances that would meet the requirements to sell.

photon

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 05:26:46 PM

Is there a Summary report of actual trades, similar to the Summary tab in the Benchmark window? This would be very helpful to see.
San1ty

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 06:21:11 PM
Last edit: October 30, 2013, 06:52:10 PM by San1ty

Stephan I think you misunderstood my post. The benchmark tool shows several trades but the active bot (pictured on the left in my previous post) only made 2 transactions in the same time period on the same settings.

For instance it bought at interval 2411 at 193.21 and then didn't sell it even 8 hours later after the price had gone well above the target price twice, the benchmark indicates atleast 2 instances that would meet the requirements to sell.

You practically answered your own question. Because the benchmark doesn't starts with a buy, the entire dynamic is changed. There is a bug with the benchmark mode.

I think Stephan understood. :-)

Found my posts helpful? Consider buying me a beer :-)!:
BTC - 1San1tyUGhfWRNPYBF4b6Vaurq5SjFYWk NXT - 17063113680221230777
nowywbitcoinowymswiecie

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 08:08:47 AM

I am still evaluating the update/crash issue but need to ask for one feature (important in my opinion):

Please add a function to import historical currency data.
It shouldn be any legal problem as this are publicly available.

For users like me which dont run STB for 24h/day it would be much help. (I am not arguing - I know that trading robot should run 24/7 but in given circumstances lack of historical data is PITA).

It is possible - I found BTC trading bot for Chrome browser which initialize itself and download historical data from MtGox.

Stephan224 (OP)

Software developer

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2013, 09:30:53 AM

Ive reported the same situation (PM to Stephan224). What I can advise - uninstall STB and install again. In my case it helped - I am checking it for whole day and its ok now.

I can confirm this, i have been talking to nowywbitcoinowymswiecie about this problem. But luckely it is just a graphical problem, trading itself is not impacted. I am able to reproduce it here and i am working on a solution for the next update. But again, it is just graphical, the logic and trading will continue as expected.

Is there a Summary report of actual trades, similar to the Summary tab in the Benchmark window? This would be very helpful to see.

There is no direct output of the log, but you could use the "Copy" button on the bottom. It will copy the listview of the trades to the clipboard. There is no summary availible for the real-time trading. The reason why there is no summary is because you can change the settings during runtime, this will make the summary go wrong because the start and stop data will be invalid. At benchmarking this problem does not exists.

You practically answered your own question. Because the benchmark doesn't starts with a buy, the entire dynamic is changed. There is a bug with the benchmark mode.

I think Stephan understood. :-)

It is diffecold sometime to get a grip what is happening exactly, so i am not supriced to see people misunderstanding this. But San1ty is right, the difference you see is related to the dynamics. Once you start the bot it will begin working. After a while the settings/parameters of the bot are changed. When you start the benchmark after this you will also see a difference. The only way to benchmark/review the logic is to restore the trade bot to its start settings and then run the benchmark. Only this will give you exactly the same results.

I am still evaluating the update/crash issue but need to ask for one feature (important in my opinion):

Please add a function to import historical currency data.
It shouldn be any legal problem as this are publicly available.

For users like me which dont run STB for 24h/day it would be much help. (I am not arguing - I know that trading robot should run 24/7 but in given circumstances lack of historical data is PITA).

It is possible - I found BTC trading bot for Chrome browser which initialize itself and download historical data from MtGox.

To solve your problem initially i have made the benchmark tool, i was planning to add the import of historical data too from the internet. But i was unable to finish it in time for the v0.9 release. After the release i started working on solving bug/issues and ever sinds this part has stopt on development. However, i am still planning on adding this. I want to join into the challenges of the trade bots, and this feature will allow me to do this. So believe me when i say it is coming, because i want to show what is possible with my software.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 125 »
  Print  

Jump to: