Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:01:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 125 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Haasonline Simple Trade Bot For BTCe and Bitstamp[Main topic]  (Read 416411 times)
Stephan224 (OP)

Activity: 449
Merit: 250

Software developer

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2013, 02:54:25 PM

I get it, i was reading it differently. Smiley

Yes it are the real-times values from the exchange API. Those numbers are the absolute numbers the API is sending.

There are 3 cases where you can see a different amount in your wallet then expected.
1. There can be open orders which contains the coins you are missing right now.
2. Some fields are depending on a different coin position then displayed, so a real-time conversion is done. (for example: check all-in and set coin position to Sold)
3. In case of the all-in, the amount displayed is 90% of the real all-in value (this is done for safety reasons)

The debug log is used for both showing normal information and showing errors. An error has most of the times the text "error" inside it.

The best way to confirm everything works is to setup an connection and try to make a trade with the "Direct exchange" feature. That feature will show the raw data the API returns in a message box. If there is something wrong, you can see it here.

-------------------

At the coming release of this week i will be introducing a new tab again at the logbook. This tab will be called "Support" and it will show you in a few lines what is going on and what you can do to get everything working. It will provide some basic assistance for beginners. Do not expect to much of it. I will post a screenshot later when everything is more final.

Lead developer of Haasonline Software Engineering and owner of Haasonline.com - Checkout my Simple Trade Bot on: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=211979.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
trictors

Activity: 38
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 03:00:08 PM

The debug log is used for both showing normal information and showing errors. An error has most of the times the text "error" inside it.

May i ask why it displays sending buy/sell signals, without sending them? surely its not due to being set up wrong because its already past that stage and has decided to buy or sell
Stephan224 (OP)

Software developer

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2013, 03:17:50 PM

It is not showing it that way.

When you see the text "Trade bot is sending a ... signal." It means the software is sending the signal. But for some reason the exchange does not accept the trade and no confirmation comes back. So the software will keep on trying and each try is placed in the logbook.

In your case there is something wrong. And like i suggested a post earlier you should go to the "Direct exchange" and give it a try there. You will see the raw API response in a messagebox. It should contain a glue what the problem is.

Lead developer of Haasonline Software Engineering and owner of Haasonline.com - Checkout my Simple Trade Bot on: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=211979.0
miaoux

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 03:25:02 PM

I get it, i was reading it differently. Smiley

Yes it are the real-times values from the exchange API. Those numbers are the absolute numbers the API is sending.

There are 3 cases where you can see a different amount in your wallet then expected.
1. There can be open orders which contains the coins you are missing right now.
2. Some fields are depending on a different coin position then displayed, so a real-time conversion is done. (for example: check all-in and set coin position to Sold)
3. In case of the all-in, the amount displayed is 90% of the real all-in value (this is done for safety reasons)

The best way to confirm everything works is to setup an connection and try to make a trade with the "Direct exchange" feature. That feature will show the raw data the API returns in a message box. If there is something wrong, you can see it here.

-------------------

Hi,

Is it somehow only successfully checking my wallet once?

Actions:
1) Trade Bot sell 1Btc successfully (1Btc with coins position = Bought) -> After sale, I should then have at least $208.401 in my wallet. The sale is reflected in Logbooks -> Trade Log
2) Trade Log shows the sell, however the wallet is not updated (still shows only $2.7)
3) Debug log shows many attempts to buy 1Btc (but presumably will not do it because the wallet only shows $2.7?)
4) I check the wallet by checking on "Show Wallet" -> only ($2.7)
5) I check BTC-e.com site directly -> shows full wallet value over $210.
6) Check Show Wallet again -> still only $2.7

Direct exchange:

Unhandled Exception has occurred in your application. ... blahblah.

{"success":0,"error":"invalid nonce parameter; on key:1383533464, you sent: 1383523023"}.

I've sent the entire message to you in a support ticket.

Thanks
seanrarey

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

BuyAnythingWithBitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2013, 06:47:09 PM

Things I have noticed

1. Bot will get a full signal to buy/sell (but neither buys nor sells)
2. Bot will not have a full buy or sell signal in the graph history, but the debug log shows trying to sell every minute
3. Bot buys and never sells (even if its spamming to sell in the debug. and meets all criterias), i had to manually sell earlier because i could not believe the bot was not selling
4. More recently the bot bought, even at a good time in fact, but it didn't realize it bought.

I personally have yet to have the bot successfully buy, and sell. more than 1 time in a session. most the time it buys and gets stuck, or buys and sells, and is then stuck.

I'm not a programmer i only know .net lol, but it seems to not work as intended for me. cant wait for next version Smiley

What Indicator(s) are you using?  RSI? MACD?

CryptoMaster

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 07:03:23 PM

May i ask why it displays sending buy/sell signals, without sending them? surely its not due to being set up wrong because its already past that stage and has decided to buy or sell

I was having the same issue and I think I identified the cause.

I had "All in" ticked when I first started the bot, and it bought for whatever amount was the 90% of my total. Then I simply left it to do its thing... just that yeah, it was not selling despite lots of Sell signals being displayed. Finally today I had the 'genius' idea of unticking "All in" and ticking it again, and voila, instant sale.

So I believe there is a bug when calculating the All in amount sometimes, maybe after the buy in. Perhaps an automatic recalculation of this amount every certain time/intervals could help prevent any issues here.

I don't know exactly what caused it, but with 'All in' ticked it should never try to sell more coins than you have unless you manually change the value, and I believe that's what was holding back my bot from selling (that thing Stephan is working on should be helpful to identify these issues if it includes things like that "Sell failed because the amount of coins to sell is bigger than what you have" or something similar).
miaoux

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 10:32:08 PM
Last edit: November 04, 2013, 10:54:04 PM by miaoux

I was having the same issue and I think I identified the cause.

I had "All in" ticked when I first started the bot, and it bought for whatever amount was the 90% of my total. Then I simply left it to do its thing... just that yeah, it was not selling despite lots of Sell signals being displayed. Finally today I had the 'genius' idea of unticking "All in" and ticking it again, and voila, instant sale.

So I believe there is a bug when calculating the All in amount sometimes, maybe after the buy in. Perhaps an automatic recalculation of this amount every certain time/intervals could help prevent any issues here.

I don't know exactly what caused it, but with 'All in' ticked it should never try to sell more coins than you have unless you manually change the value, and I believe that's what was holding back my bot from selling (that thing Stephan is working on should be helpful to identify these issues if it includes things like that "Sell failed because the amount of coins to sell is bigger than what you have" or something similar).

Does yours work properly after you tick/untick the All In?  I noticed that after my initial Buy (with Coins position set to Sold first of course), my wallet didn't update.  Then I clicked All In / unclicked it, and it updated the wallet.  I'm waiting to see if there is a successful sell / buy etc. cycle after this.

Edit: Doesn't work on mine.  It seems that after each unique buy or sell, the wallet fails to update correctly after the event.  I'm guessing that's why my debug log is lined with actions, but no corresponding trade unless I manually reset the wallet using this "All-in" hack. As a result, my bot only ever carries out a single action (it seems).

timondv

Activity: 7

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 11:08:30 PM

I wrote about this problem (page 20), I'll just put here another print screen with the error for information))
Pressing "all-in" also shows this error.
I hope new version will solve this problem
https://i.imgur.com/Dg4JTSC.jpg
CryptoMaster

Activity: 41

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 11:19:08 PM

Edit: Doesn't work on mine.  It seems that after each unique buy or sell, the wallet fails to update correctly after the event.  I'm guessing that's why my debug log is lined with actions, but no corresponding trade unless I manually reset the wallet using this "All-in" hack. As a result, my bot only ever carries out a single action (it seems).

Indeed, the "All in" trick seems to work only for the next trade.

Been observing it more, it just bought and the "All in" amount didn't get updated with the deducted fee. I believe the problem lays there, it buys whatever amount of coins but the fee is not deducted from this amount after the buy operation so when later trying to sell it errors since it's trying to sell more coins than what you have.
Stephan224 (OP)

Software developer

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2013, 12:38:35 AM

It is better now to use a static value. This will ensure trading on long term. I am doing this on my computers here too.

At the next update i will adjust the all-in trade amount dynamically so this problem can no longer come back.

miaoux

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 03:40:52 AM

It is better now to use a static value. This will ensure trading on long term. I am doing this on my computers here too.

At the next update i will adjust the all-in trade amount dynamically so this problem can no longer come back.

I only use a static amount already. (I've tried 0.01BTC, 0.1BTC, 1BTC and 0.95BTC) on BTC-e, BtcUsd.
The only time I used "All In" is to test whether it resets the wallet (which it does if you click/unclick).

In all other cases, with version 0.9.0.1 beta, it appears as if the lack of wallet update may be causing the failure of followup trades due to 'lack of funds' (assuming the debug log is correct and the Trade-bot is sending a Buy/Sell signal when it says it is - I have no reason to think otherwise right now).
I can say for certain that on mine, the USD value does not update after a buy or a sell for the very first trade. I'm still waiting to see if a subsequent trade is successful.

E.g.
Trade amount 0.1 Btc - Coins Position: Bought. USD in wallet initially $2.7.  BTC value approx $200
> Trade occurs, sale of 0.1 Btc happens, I should have approx $22 in my wallet, but this isn't the case (unless I click/unclick all-in to refresh) - it's ~$2.
> Bot sends a buy order for 0.1 Btc - which fails. Presumably due to a check on having sufficient funds failing due to wallet being < $22?
San1ty

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 10:17:12 AM

Looking forward to play around with the next version Smiley.

Found my posts helpful? Consider buying me a beer :-)!:
BTC - 1San1tyUGhfWRNPYBF4b6Vaurq5SjFYWk NXT - 17063113680221230777
Stephan224 (OP)

Software developer

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2013, 10:25:12 AM
Last edit: November 05, 2013, 10:45:35 AM by Stephan224

Alright, i will give a sneak preview whats is coming this week....

I was hoping to release a new version yesterday, but i am facing some technical challenges that need to be solved first. Sad

@miaoux:
I have really no glue what is going on in your case. I am using static trade amounts here and the trading working as expected.

The current version v0.9.0.1 does not look to the wallet amount. It tries to place the order normally without checks. When i place a order the order will be stored into the memory too. On each update the software looks if the order is still active at the exchange and if not then it will allow trading again.

Maybe is it a idea to have a look at your trade history? The order is located there and if the order is filled you should have the coins. The wallet should show it.

It has absolutely no effect to "refresh" the wallet itself, its 1:1 on the API with the exchange and i am just only showing the information i get.

It has use to click "All-in" each X time, but like i recommend, a static value is better on the current version.

San1ty

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 10:41:28 AM

Hi Stephan,

Good stuff! The chances of going out of scope now are much slimmer.

Maybe another double-check on MACD:
- Set Short EMA to 12 (Can be variably set by User)
- Set Long EMA to 26 (Can be variably set by User)
- Calculate divergence between them (Short - Long) (This is the MACD)
- Calculate a 9 Period EMA on the divergence (This is the smoothed signal line) (Can be variably set by User)
- MACD Crossover = MACD - Smoothed Signal Line
- If the result of the MACD Crossover is positive -> Buy signal
- If the result of the MACD Crossover is negative -> Sell signal

Is this how your implementation works as well? (The calculation of the smoothed signal line is an important step!)

Couple more feature requests:
- Add transaction fees to the benchmark tool calculations
- Keep transaction fees up to date (bitstamp has changing transaction fees based on your volume)
- Option to pull historical data from exchanges to easily benchmark on one year historical data for example.
- Trailing Stop-Loss (http://www.wikinvest.com/wiki/Trailing_Stop_Order)

Regards,
San1ty

nowywbitcoinowymswiecie

Activity: 71

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 10:55:54 AM

Hi Stephan,

Good stuff! The chances of going out of scope now are much slimmer.

Maybe another double-check on MACD:
- Set Short EMA to 12 (Can be variably set by User)
- Set Long EMA to 26 (Can be variably set by User)
- Calculate a 9 Period EMA on the divergence (This is the smoothed signal line) (Can be variably set by User)
- MACD Crossover = MACD - Smoothed Signal Line
- If the result of the MACD Crossover is positive -> Buy signal
- If the result of the MACD Crossover is negative -> Sell signal

Is this how your implementation works as well? (The calculation of the smoothed signal line is an important step!)

Couple more feature requests:
- Add transaction fees to the benchmark tool calculations
- Keep transaction fees up to date (bitstamp has changing transaction fees based on your volume)
- Option to pull historical data from exchanges to easily benchmark on one year historical data for example.
- Trailing Stop-Loss (http://www.wikinvest.com/wiki/Trailing_Stop_Order)

Regards,
San1ty
Definitely, San1ty changes are much apprecitated!
But- Stephan - relese what You have so far. Present issues are a little annoying and screen Youve just posted looks like HUGE improvement!

newbee here 1PkHkAEssCQoarLz6hcmQzF9zbaxGrxdFz
Stephan224 (OP)

Software developer

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2013, 11:12:18 AM

The current implementation of the MACD is based on this step:

When the MACD passes the 0-line there is a crossover of the MA lines and then a signal is given by the indicator.

This is the implementation running right now. First i want to get things fully working without bugs and then i am planning on adding more and more indicators. One of them will be called "MACD-MA Cross-over" and that one will work as you have described, based on an smooth MACD cross-over momentum.

About the suggestions;
- Yes i will add the fee to the benchmark tool, at this moment it is still missing because my focus was on other things. But good thing you remind me of this.
- Transaction fees are up to date with the new version. I am polling them on a bigger interval, but it is polled and updated at the next version.
- Loading historical data from the internet is a feature i really want to add, but again my focus was on other things. I will rush this feature for the version after the next version.
- I will investigate the "Trailing Stop-Loss", at this moment i am working on a equal concept that monitors if the order gets filled and if not after X time then it will cancel the order. This this is stuff coming in the future. Maybe the Trailing Stop-Loss is better, i will have a look for sure. Thanks!

@nowywbitcoinowymswiecie:
Sorry, but i will never rush a release or do a pre-release. Sometimes i will do a Alpha release, but that is for big changes to the trade-engine only. I can understand people may want this version already, but if it does not work as expected or if it makes wrong trades then i will get a lot of complains. I can better avoid that and make sure first everything works first.

nowywbitcoinowymswiecie

Activity: 71

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 11:19:49 AM

Sorry, but i will never rush a release or do a pre-release. Sometimes i will do a Alpha release, but that is for big changes to the trade-engine only. I can understand people may want this version already, but if it does not work as expected or if it makes wrong trades then i will get a lot of complains. I can better avoid that and make sure first everything works first.

Sure! Completely understandable. But changes look great.

newbee here 1PkHkAEssCQoarLz6hcmQzF9zbaxGrxdFz
San1ty

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 11:21:27 AM

The current implementation of the MACD is based on this step:

When the MACD passes the 0-line there is a crossover of the MA lines and then a signal is given by the indicator.

This is the implementation running right now. First i want to get things fully working without bugs and then i am planning on adding more and more indicators. One of them will be called "MACD-MA Cross-over" and that one will work as you have described, based on an smooth MACD cross-over momentum.

About the suggestions;
- Yes i will add the fee to the benchmark tool, at this moment it is still missing because my focus was on other things. But good thing you remind me of this.
- Transaction fees are up to date with the new version. I am polling them on a bigger interval, but it is polled and updated at the next version.
- Loading historical data from the internet is a feature i really want to add, but again my focus was on other things. I will rush this feature for the version after the next version.
- I will investigate the "Trailing Stop-Loss", at this moment i am working on a equal concept that monitors if the order gets filled and if not after X time then it will cancel the order. This this is stuff coming in the future. Maybe the Trailing Stop-Loss is better, i will have a look for sure. Thanks!

Thanks for the answers!

I'm glad you will add MACD as I described as well. It's a bit strange tho, that you call your current implementation MACD while it truly isn't. I would personally call the current implementation MA-Crossover and the implementation I suggest MACD, but it's your call obviously.

Also I'm very happy to see that you are working on order monitoring. In my opinion it is essential!

miaoux

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 10:03:45 PM

As an update to my Nonce mismatch problems, it seems that if I don't touch the Benchmark trade bot then everything works as expected.
There must be some kind of error forced if I start using the benchmarking facility (even with a minimal data set).

Crypt1c

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 07:06:13 AM
Last edit: November 06, 2013, 07:18:59 AM by Crypt1c

I recently purchased the Simple Trade Bot and have discovered a few bugs, I'm using version 0.9.0.1 beta.

Bug 1-: The bot intermittently reads the wrong price at Bitstamp and activates a sale because it thinks the current price is below the drop-loss price when this is not the case.

https://i.imgur.com/BVhHhEq.jpg

In the screenshot above this occurred three times. Buy price twice and sell price once.

Bug 2-: The bot crashes with an Unhandled Exception when I click Direct Exchange and select BitStamp as the Exchange Website.

https://i.imgur.com/LUxrrOR.jpg
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 125 »
  Print  

Jump to: