Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 07:44:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 1Bitcoin as a gift from someone  (Read 16809 times)
fanita

Activity: 230
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 12:46:36 PM

I will look for a delicious meal, and on that day I get food from someone, and I will sell it from the store, rather than saved it is not good. if I get a gift from a bitcoin then I'll save until bitcoin prices soar, bitcoin will continue to grow so I save a very useful bitcoin I may end up getting richer again. when my life needs are reduced I will sell bitcoin to improve that life, and the rest of my bitcoin will save back for my future and family later.

doycku

Activity: 560

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 12:48:40 PM

If you be given a gift of 1BTC by someone and for you this amount is already something you did not expect. Will you sell your bitcoin right away and convert it into cash or just keep it for a better price to come or invest it or what?
  Frankly, if someone gives me 1 bitcoin, I'll be very happy. I have certain goals in life for which I need cash. I immediately sold bitcoin and realized my dream. Until the end of my goal, one bitcoin is missing. Smiley
crisanto01

Activity: 644
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 01:16:33 PM

If you be given a gift of 1BTC by someone and for you this amount is already something you did not expect. Will you sell your bitcoin right away and convert it into cash or just keep it for a better price to come or invest it or what?
  Frankly, if someone gives me 1 bitcoin, I'll be very happy. I have certain goals in life for which I need cash. I immediately sold bitcoin and realized my dream. Until the end of my goal, one bitcoin is missing. Smiley
Here in our country it is a big amount of money already when we convert it from our country so for me I would be happy to received it, and will cash out it right away, since that is big money I will use it for opening a business as I wanted to have my own business just like internet cafe.
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 01:33:12 PM

I would sell it and go all in on alt coins at this scenario. Some new projects are doing a very good job and seems promising. I would go 30% into ETH and that is long term.
20% into ICON and that is moderate to long term. 15% into Cardano and that is moderate to long term. 15% into TRON and that is moderate to long term.
Remaining 20% into coins that are very new, that are trading for less than a dollar or few cents, having around 50 - 200 Million USD in Market cap. I would do a lot of research about their road map and the team. This is going to be short to moderate term, I expect such coins to increase few folds, maybe 4x -5x.

To date, this is a very expensive gift. But I would not refuse such a gift and would be very grateful. Unfortunately this is only a dream.
shinchan123

Activity: 504

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 01:46:11 PM

Receiving a full bitcoin as gift is beyond my definition of generosity. That’s roughly 14K USD in value nowadays. I’d probably use half of it to treat my family on a vacation and buy stuff with deterring price. I’d use the other half to hold and probably place into trading. I’ll do the same to someone else if I make it big someday.
stingers
Legendary

Activity: 1184
Merit: 1013

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:26:03 PM
Last edit: January 18, 2018, 03:53:59 PM by stingers

Here in our country it is a big amount of money already when we convert it from our country so for me I would be happy to received it, and will cash out it right away, since that is big money I will use it for opening a business as I wanted to have my own business just like internet cafe.

It's a big amount of money in any country, it depends on your lifestyle and living standards, not the country.
Broadly speaking, some countries might have a trend of higher lifestyle so $14k may not seem that big of a money in comparison to others around.

I’ll do the same to someone else if I make it big someday.

I appreciate your generosity and philanthropy over such a vague and hypothetical situation.
Made me smile
ongkok87

Activity: 1120
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:30:47 PM

If it is mine i will hold it till the price gets double or triple of its price now. Or just hold it as an asset.
I also want to have 1Bitcoin from somebody, but I know that no one will give his Bitcoin to others and not want to get any profit at all. Bitcoin is now a big money and it will definitely grow stronger in future
but if for example I am in love gift to people 1 btc then I will wait for the price is very expensive from now on. in order to get a very big advantage of course .. that if I think anyway

1xBit.com TICKET RUSH
                                       ▄██▄▄
    ▄▄▄▀▀█████▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄    ▄███████▄
  ▄▀      ▀█▀      ▀▄        ▄█████████████████▄
 ██▌       █       ▐██      ▄████████████████▀▀██
████▄▄   ▄▄█▄▄   ▄▄████   ▄████████████████▀████
██▀   ▀▀███████▀▀   ▀██▄▄██████████████▀▀███▄▄██
█        █████        ██████████████▀██████▀▀ ▄▀
█       █     █       ███████████▀▀███▀▀▀▀▄▀▀
 █▄▄▄▄▄▀       ▀▄▄▄▄█████████████▀▀
  ▀████▄       ▄███████████████▀▀
    ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄███████████████
               ████████▀▀
               ▀█▄▄▀ ▀
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
BET ON
WORLD CUP &
COLLECT TICKETS!
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
TAKE PART
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
tambok

Activity: 812
Merit: 260

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 04:19:50 PM

If it is mine i will hold it till the price gets double or triple of its price now. Or just hold it as an asset.
I also want to have 1Bitcoin from somebody, but I know that no one will give his Bitcoin to others and not want to get any profit at all. Bitcoin is now a big money and it will definitely grow stronger in future
but if for example I am in love gift to people 1 btc then I will wait for the price is very expensive from now on. in order to get a very big advantage of course .. that if I think anyway
How I wish someone will give me that amount, if that happens, I will invest it in the stock exchange, hold some of it, and half of it will be for business and I will also secure our education, but if not I will make sure that i can save that amount that I can use for our future and for security as well.
UNOE

Activity: 791
Merit: 271

This is personal

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 06:04:18 PM

Since this is a gift then i should spend a little and enjoy such wonderful present. I will spend only  30%  for my wants like travel, buy gadgets and do shopping with my family. 40% of it will be invested and i will hold the remainingg 30%. In my own opinion, it is okay to spend in moderation to have fun and spare for future use.

Yes good thinking, but since it's a gift you can also invest all off your gift worth, or keep it in BTC until it increases and then buy what you want.
Word gift doesn't need to have a meaning of using it to buy stuff for yourself as soon as you get it. It's the psihology behind the word "gift", and most people get it wrong. If you saved your "gift" money all the time when you were young, you would I guess have a supstantial amount of money right now

Lecam

Activity: 700
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 08:38:39 PM

If I will be given a bitcoin as a gift, I would be very happy and blessed. The momment I would recieve it, I will convert it to cash and buy the things that we needed at home. I'll pay the bills that is about to due, donate the 10% of it to our church and save the 50%. Wow! That's a very big blessing and my parents would be very happy about it.
bib24

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 09:28:19 PM

If I were to received 1 Bitcoin as a gift from a generous someone, I will be thankful big time. I guess if I’m not in need of money by that time, then I will hold it for awhile and wait for right time to sell or reinvest.

rodrigomagracia

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 09:44:32 PM

I will save it and invest it in order to earn more. and when I grow up I will sell a bigger amount
paoeng1

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 03:16:48 AM

if i be luckily given by someone like that ill hold it i dont want to convert it on cash rather ill wait for it much cost like 5x or 10x and convert it but it takes time.
Mariela

Activity: 224
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 03:24:38 AM

If I am that..
In my own opinion.. I will invest it.
Waiting for a right time in a good price.
glanmarc

Activity: 94

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 03:36:28 AM

I will sell it if the price is good because it was just a gift to me. But if bitcoin doesn't have that good price at that time that the gift was given to me, I won't sell it. I'll hold it instead to wait for a better price. It depends on the person will he/she sell the bitcoin rightaway.
bituperio

Activity: 208
Merit: 13

TRUSTED CARS ICO

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:05:44 PM

If I am that..
In my own opinion.. I will invest it.
Waiting for a right time in a good price.

If you know about crypto it is fine to keep it or invest in cool ICOs and altcoins. If you don´t know about crypto is better to cash out and carry on with your life before becoming an addict like us Tongue

__                 ☆☆☆ TrustedCar Flex │ Changing Car Ownership Forever ☆☆☆                  __
‗/l__l\__                                 Token Sale June up to 30% Bonus                               __/l__l\‗
╘Θ═╧═Θ.╛   WhitepaperLightpaperANN ThreadFacebookTwitterTelegram   ╘.Θ═╧═Θ╛
Lasvista

Activity: 396
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 05:16:04 PM

If I was given or gifted by 1 bitcoin , I will thank whom give it or gift me something like that , first thing I do is invest it through bitcoin and other alt coins , and the half of it is I'm going to save it. I invest it and wait for the perfect moment and I will cash that out and have some businesses.
sapnu

Activity: 1036
Merit: 286

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 06:14:36 PM

I would hold it. The way I see it is that regardless of how much bitcoin you have, you don't actually own money that you can use until:

1) you convert the bitcoin to USD or whatever usable currency there is in your country
or
2) Bitcoin becomes so widely accepted that it can be used anywhere.

So, when you're given a gift, you don't have anything to lose -- you're not in the negative by buying that bitcoin or by losing it. You're technically only in the positive. For that reason, and because I feel that bitcoin has time to blossom even more, I would hold. I would also make sure to be cautious about drops though.
No way. I prefer to buy thing that makes her more happy like clothes or shoes. Or maybe we can go to other places that has good nature and also has good landscapes views. Making you loved ones happy is the best way of showing love and care to them.
RokokGudangGaram

Activity: 966
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 06:36:38 PM

If I was given or gifted by 1 bitcoin , I will thank whom give it or gift me something like that , first thing I do is invest it through bitcoin and other alt coins , and the half of it is I'm going to save it. I invest it and wait for the perfect moment and I will cash that out and have some businesses.
I also if for example given a gift of 1 bitcoin then the bitcoin will I heap / invest in order to get a fairly large profit from the investment

JollySkipper

Activity: 136

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 06:39:58 PM

Sell it , and go buy a good investment, BTC is a joke that newbies get and thing will be billionaires  Grin
NEO, DIW, IOTA, CARDANO, TIO here some good choices

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DIW ◈    DIWtoken.com    ▐   WHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAM   ▌    SECURITY DECENTRALIZED
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  

Jump to: