Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:41:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 108 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is not gambling  (Read 20827 times)
1NV3ST0NM3

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 05:47:07 AM

Yes its not gambling its pure trading. You have to analyse the market trends and calculate ups and downs. Not like sheer gamblinh which is just luck.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 05:54:31 AM

"Gambling" only requires 3 things:

• Stake
  • Chance (risk, luck, etc.)
  • Profit or Loss

Most things that you do is "gambling", but society wants to classify some activities as more moral than others. According to Boston University Law Review, society wants to do this with white-collar activities, such as trading stocks, but denigrate blue-collar activities, such as poker.  But both are "identical wagering activities".

Bitcoin is like engaging in business or investments, I guess you missed something, what total gambling differs to engaging business with risk? if you do gambling your wager has only two outputs either you win (double,tripple or more) or you lose, the main different thing is that the way you lose in gambling your waged money is totally lost, in investing bitcoin you still have some even it dips in to the deepest pit price.
Realist247

Activity: 154
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2017, 06:05:15 AM

Bitcoin is gambling.  It is the worst kind of gambling...a ponzi scheme.

I've studied it for a long time and probably understand it better than those who say that I do no understand it...just like English is my 2nd language but I speak/write it better than 99% of the boobs on this forum.  Don't listen to any of them.  Don't even listen to me.  Use your own brain and do your own research.  There is a potential for profit but no one on this forum can guarantee that those who bought at $5000 will ever get all of their money back.  There is too much downside potential to guarantee anything.  I've seen ordinary stocks return 80% in the past week while Bitcoin has lost 10%.
shesheboy

Activity: 714
Merit: 114

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 06:22:23 AM

I don't know why people say bitcoin is gambling. Its not gambling. You are investing your money and time. You use your internet. So its not gambling dealing with it.

some people can say its like gambling because they are investing their money on bitcoins and theirs a risk sometimes to loose or the value could drop from what you expected because bitcoin is volatile and the value will be fluctuating all the time. but you cant still wait for the value to go high again  and you can sell your coins for a sure profit so you dont even totally loose here.
zarados

Activity: 364
Merit: 130

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 06:28:49 AM

I don't know why people say bitcoin is gambling. Its not gambling. You are investing your money and time. You use your internet. So its not gambling dealing with it.

Ofcourse its not, But you can use it just like others gambling. Bitcoin and other cryptocurrency has a high fluctuate everyday. It could be up and down above 10% just need a day or an hour.

I thought a day trader was a bitcoin gambler, because they're use its fluctuate to getting profit everyday. But still, If you investing alot of money to buy bitcoin, and hope it will give you a huge profit, Is that wasn't a gambling? well, its for you to decide, how you see bitcoin.
sicparvismagna

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 06:35:39 AM

I don't think bitcoin is a form of gambling because in bitcoin we are investing and one of their major difference is that in gambling we play with our money so that it grow or decrease, while in investing we are putting our time and efforts to it to earn another source of income. Also their level of risk are different which if you see it in gambling we are taking a very risky decision to our money, while investing we are putting it in good use we a careful planning.
jsscswan

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 06:50:50 AM

If you only buy bitcoin and only use it for clear transactions it is not a gamble, but if you use bitcoin as a clear investment tool you are gambling, whether you will profit or lose. Some people consider gambling bitcoin because of it, but some consider bitcoin as a revolutionary digital currency.

_____________________A I T H E O N_____________________       [   JOIN THE WHITELIST   ]
The digital ecosystem simplifying your world through A.I., robotic, and human symbiosis
██ ███     WHITEPAPER     |     TELEGRAM     |     TWITTER     |     INSTAGRAM     ███ ██
happyme1818

Activity: 568
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 06:59:36 AM

I don't think bitcoin is a form of gambling because in bitcoin we are investing and one of their major difference is that in gambling we play with our money so that it grow or decrease, while in investing we are putting our time and efforts to it to earn another source of income. Also their level of risk are different which if you see it in gambling we are taking a very risky decision to our money, while investing we are putting it in good use we a careful planning.
Almost everything is a gambling. Even life is a gamble too. It is up to you which game  you want to play. Is it Baccarat, Roulette or Poker. You also need time and effort when you play with this game. It also needs a game plan specially in poker, are you going to fold or going in.
hajimasan

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 07:21:38 AM

I agree with you but still I am thinking that bitcoin is like a gambling if we have lack of knowledge , Herr in this field most of the people are educated and they understand well that how the Market get fluctuate much ,So everyone have talent to handle loss and profit both.
Here personally consider bitcoin as a online  written data which is not possible for anyone to erase by anyone and also by owner Because the owner of the coin is successful because oh the existence of the coin alone ,So here we have full trust with the bitcoin and its Market fluctuations .
But still here the market fluctuate much due to negative and positive news , so that is also a time where we needed to play game and handle loss into profit .So we can understand well that how the market effects much for a coin after the rumors spread in the bitcoin field .
youdacapt

Activity: 1806
Merit: 295

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2017, 07:25:39 AM

If you only buy bitcoin and only use it for clear transactions it is not a gamble, but if you use bitcoin as a clear investment tool you are gambling, whether you will profit or lose. Some people consider gambling bitcoin because of it, but some consider bitcoin as a revolutionary digital currency.

If we play in the kripto gambling then that's where the real gambling, if the focus is only for trading, or verbal investment can we call by speculation, not all things that rely on luck is called gambling because bitcoin price formers are determined by many people. We must understand bitcoin from a fundamental business point of view.
Phantomberry

Activity: 588
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 07:30:43 AM

Not at all it's depends to a person Bitcoin can be gambling if you are gambler person and your mind is to easily get some many bitcoin. If you  are smart person it earns with hardworking and time to have bitcoins.
acpr23

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 07:45:11 AM

We can somehow call it gambling, investing in bitcoin still requires risks , take note,  no one really knows if when will bitcoin lasts, your investment may bankrupt or grow in just a blink of an eye that is how risky it is so invest only what you can afford to gamble, but anyway life is all about gambling and so as bitcoin.
iamMhew

Activity: 688
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 08:31:52 AM

of course its not, but in business terms, investment is a gambling, there are two ways to drive you money with, its either fall (loose) and pump (gain). so not just this bitcoin they may called "gambling but most of all investment projects. let you think this, you are a share holder, or major stock holder in your company, after a year your company got successful, but suddenly it gets rough and get into
bankrupt. and thats the meaning of gambling in terms of investment. no one sure of it.
Fainalan

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 08:35:46 AM

even beginer as like me know that bitcoin is different with gambling. bitcoin is currency that crypto based. *correct me if i wrong
dmamigo

Activity: 1218
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 08:46:48 AM

Bitcoin is definitely not a gambling.  Even some site offer bitcoin gambling services, it is depend upon the person if he or she want to engage their bitcoins in gambling.  But in general, it is not a gambling.  Instead, it is an investment and a source of income.

People who consider it as a gambling might not be well informed or possess half knowledge about Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.
Its stupid to say it as a gambling, the first and main term is obviously "currency"

I agree, it has the same relationship with gambling as it has with fiat. Fiat and Cryptocurrencies can be used to gamble.
I believe the investment opportunity is being termed as gambling as the value of it jumps up and down quite quickly and is very sensitive to global movement.
Naughty Princess

Activity: 952
Merit: 107

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 08:49:16 AM

bitcoin is not gambling, gambling and bitcoin are two very different things, gambling is a prediction of belief that is used without logic, just rely on luck, but bitcoin investment, using accurate analysis and prediction...
Yeah. Bitcoin is not a gambling even both are taking the risk to gain profit. Gambling is about winning and losing on the game, no assurance that you will get what you already lose. But to trade and invest bitcoin, you cannot lose because when you invest and the price goes down, you can hold and wait until the price increase again. Taking risk in both gambling and bitcoin investment or trading but in different way.

resty

Activity: 501
Merit: 147

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 08:56:25 AM

Bitcoin is a currency.  You cant say money is gambling itself.  But if you invest your money and convert it into bitcoin,  now it is gambling.  Because you take a risk investing your money to a volatile currency hoping it would rise up in the coming days,  but you know it might also drop.  There is still win or lose in it,  so basically its still gambling.  The process is gambling,  not bitcoin itself.

Yes obcourse,  Bitcoin is Digital Currency which will many  people had benefits the high value of currency, usually the basic technic  of investment of bitcoin  to prevent your money is not in danger is just need to be wise, Buy low and Sell high that's the best technic  to do, but that is not a  gambling. that is "INVESTMENT" and those people who has experienced the Investment bankrupt that's normal  just like the other company who has  business  like this. so, WISE is important
neya

Activity: 504

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 09:04:41 AM

bitcoin is not gambling. its a cryptocurrency and lot of people benifits on bitcoin. i can say bitcoin is like investment not gambling. some use bitcoin to gambling. but bitcoin itself is not a gambling

TRUEPLAY.io
TRANSPARENT AND HONEST GAMBLING PLATFORM ♣ PRE-SALE STARTS 15th APR, 2018 ♠ 30% DISCOUNT
sitebounty ann thread  ♠ wallet
kuronokishi10

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 09:10:37 AM

According to me bitcoin is not gambling.You invest your money and  it may either lead to a positive or negative result,this happens in all stock markets the only difference is that the ups and downs in btc are by a big margin thus people like to refer it as gambling which is not at all true.
whoisyourking

Activity: 420
Merit: 106

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 09:22:33 AM

Bitcoin itself is not a gambling its an online currency, this currency make our daily transaction much easier and secure.. but if you invest and hold it for a year i think you may call it gambling because the value of bitcoin is not stable for now so you may get your money back or maybe you will lost your money in short period of time..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 108 »
  Print  

Jump to: