Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 02:49:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 108 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is not gambling  (Read 20827 times)
davids

Activity: 735
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 04:42:13 AM

Investing is gambling. It’s not a stock where you can do analysis on the strength of the company and decide what you are comfortable paying for it. It's not gambling in the traditional sense, but it could be said that it is “gambling”.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Vatimins

Activity: 987
Merit: 289

Blue0x.com

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 05:35:04 AM

I don't know why people say bitcoin is gambling. Its not gambling. You are investing your money and time. You use your internet. So its not gambling dealing with it.

Honestly my friend, i think you are misunderstanding the concept of gambling and investing. Because clearly, investing alone is already gambling because you are taking a risk on something you cannot have a calculated prediction about. Which is what gambling really is. Investing is different from using a crypto coin as a currency. And if you out money into bitcoin, with the hopes of gaining profits due to its volatility, then sad to say, you are a gambler my friend.

░░           ▒░     
      ░▒▓▓░           ░▒▒░░░ 
   ▒▓▓██▒░              ▒▓▒▒▒▒
 ▓█▓▓█▒                 ▒▒░░▒▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░              ░▒▒▒░░ ▒
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▓
  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▓▓▓█▒
   ░▒▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░
       ░▒█▓▓█████▓▓▓▓▓▓█▒▒░  
        ░██████▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓█▒    
         ███▓▓▓░░▒▓▓▓▒▓▓▒    
         ░██▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▒░░   
           ▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▒░░    
             ▒▒▒▒▓▓▒░
|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
guoyu78

Activity: 1190
Merit: 541

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 05:41:53 AM

why you call Bitcoin is a Gambling, never.
Bitcoin is a system of payment and investment platform. Basically, it is a currency which can be used for the digital platform. it can be also called as an investment market. but for me, it is as like as the capital market. you can trade with Bitcoin that can bring to you a huge profit. but you can call Bitcoin as a future money. I believe that Bitcoin will be a global currency in the future.
Bitcoins and gambling are two very different things. Bitcoin is a type of digital currency and has nothing to do with the betting of money the two terms are actually confused by people because nowadays the gambling sites are running via using money in for of BTCs. This is because it offers you more safety and ease of handling as compared to the cryptocurrencies.
Loni

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 06:00:45 AM

Friends, what are the estimates? Is the continuation of btc's exploded growth anticipated? (like in the last couple of months, for example) Are we waiting for 1 bitcoin by 10 000 dollars to the end of the year?  Cheesy
bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2017, 06:06:42 AM

Friends, what are the estimates? Is the continuation of btc's exploded growth anticipated? (like in the last couple of months, for example) Are we waiting for 1 bitcoin by 10 000 dollars to the end of the year?  Cheesy

Thats way to high. Bitcoin won't reach the 10.000$ Mark this year. Im pretty sure it will rise further (Long time).

Bitcoin is an risky Investment. Its Said to be gambling because the price is volatile. The possibility of BTC crashing is higher than some other investments crashing.

jonruhoax

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 06:07:10 AM

I don't know about gambling, for me it is impossible. because if gambling there is always a fee and a gamble. I think bitcoin is the stock market.
yes people say like that, i'm now in the learning stage.
Scorpion

Activity: 887
Merit: 516

Bitcoin OG

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 06:08:49 AM

I categorize investing, gambling, and cryptocurrency all differently. There are a lot of grey areas where all three can mesh together but I don't believe Bitcoin is gambling, it's property that is backed and verified by the blockchain. I understand you can temporarily lose value with Bitcoin but you don't lose the actual Bitcoin.

aencarnaci

Activity: 448
Merit: 281

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 06:45:27 AM

Who told you put your all money on bet? If rate is low don't sell it simple. Prices are fluctuating all over the world of everything. So be patient and always wait for the best.

Yeah right, I don't know why people are complaining when they sold their bitcoin on a very low price, we have our own choices in life, if we needed the money that bad, then why hesitate to sell some bitcoin. It is pretty simple just like what you have said, there is no need to sell our bitcoin if we don't need it, we just have to hold it and wait for the right time to convert it.
I also have regret that I had not bought so much at the time of dump and friends of mine has asked me to do investment and now I am watching them securing profit and I am with empty hands sharing their success and bitcoin is the one of most profit giving and in future when the dump occurs I will buy as much as I can to secure my future.
NEWBIE2017

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 06:58:19 AM

Sometimes I think it is gambling because it drops or rise so quickly,but sometimes I think bitcoin is a kind of currency,it can be investm not gambling .so i am confused too
Bro what are you confused about it is pretty clear that bitcoin is a digital currency  but is a gamble because see when you are investing your money you aren't sure you will be gaining your money back or not so it pretty obvious it is like gambling.It is actually not gambling but it is like gambling.
magicmeyk

Activity: 252
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 07:26:57 AM

I don't know why people say bitcoin is gambling. Its not gambling. You are investing your money and time. You use your internet. So its not gambling dealing with it.

I agree with you, investment and gambling are different but there are gambling games that are using bitcoin.
denny27

Activity: 546
Merit: 101

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 07:30:23 AM

Often indeed this time out there may be many who using bitcoin as gambling capital or are often used for gambling by most peoples in this world, especially now that more and more available gambling sites for bitcoin this certainly gives the impact that bitcoin will be known as gambling. In addition, there are also many people out there who don't really knowing bitcoin on the internet, many think that bitcoin is a gamble, well maybe if there is anyone who says like that we should really be able to straighten it. I also experienced thing like this, and i was considered gambling on the internet, which in fact there are many other ways and really positive to do.. to be able earning money from bitcoin.

Marileno

Activity: 215

✔ Crypto portfolio | ✔ Telegram/APP

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 07:32:59 AM

Bitcoin is a speculative investment with little to no fundamental value behind it. There are no fundamentals to analyze or value. No revenue. No comps. Nothing that can give investors information to help predict prices over time. It is as close to gambling in the financial markets as one can get imo.
KuromaYoichi

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 07:35:34 AM

It is a speculative asset so it bounds to have it's price increase and decrease so much based on people trust. It's not gambling ofcourse, it's an investment, it has risk. If bitcoin is gambling then you can say the same to stock trading.

.The DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.300% APY on USDT Deposits.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Jaya912

Activity: 280

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 07:37:40 AM

Maybe they think trading bitcoin is gambling because sometime win and sometime lost. But if you think as that simple, you will think the other investment also gambling. Because investment is not always win.
But for me bitcoin and also trading bitcoin is not gambling.
newlone

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 07:38:02 AM

What is gambling and what makes it's gambling? Of course it may not be gambling, but it has a lot of risks that can make things worse, so it's gambling not wrong.
sicparvismagna

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 08:04:27 AM

Not a gambling it is an investment rather because we are not playing with our money we are risking it at a greater purpose. We are analyzing and carefully studying the investments we are making here unlike gambling we just play with our extra money.
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 08:21:26 AM

Bitcoin is bot a gambling.

You can gambling using Bitcoin same like other currencies.
That is so obvious! How can we compare gambling and bitcoin when one is a game and other is a digital currency ?
If someone is trying to say that investing in bitcoin is as unpredictable and risky as gambling, then I would resist the idea. Gambling has destroyed many lives while bitcoin has saved people from starvation. Both are opposite to each other.
Lm2e4

Activity: 248

https://exclusiveplatform.com/

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 08:34:54 AM

Bitcoin is a currency not a gambling, maybe the gambling they are talking about are the things we do to earn bitcoin. Like on some campaigns where we risk our time and efforts even if we don't even know if it is going to be successful. That is what I called a gambling. And I believe the real world has this kind of gambling, where we risk on things that we don't even know what will happened. So everything is a gambling I guess, all things we do are all gambling's if it has a risk of being a looser at some point. So bitcoin is not a gambling, it is what we do to be a gambler!
KEPLER99

Activity: 448

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 08:36:09 AM

I am agree with your point. Most of peoples are not aware about it. Bitcoins is not a gambling its a digital currency with no fix price its increase and decrease without any warning .So that's why people call them gambling. Lots of people do trading and with so uncertain price up and down, it is sort of a gamble to trade but actually bitcoin is not gambling.

It is not gambling, don’t talk like that it is a kind if digital investment which is giving people benefits on every moment they owe it and one can easily earn through it, if it was gambling governments must be taking some serious action about it.

But they are accepting it and letting it into their country. So think maturely and earn don’t make such statements.
ubay

Activity: 728

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 08:43:12 AM

I guess bitcoin is not gambling, I think bitcoin is an asset like gold and everything else. the difference is, Bitcoin is a virtual currency that is not regulated by a central bank.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 108 »
  Print  

Jump to: