Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 10:44:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 108 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is not gambling  (Read 20827 times)
aizen10

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 12:28:18 AM

I don't know why people say bitcoin is gambling. Its not gambling. You are investing your money and time. You use your internet. So its not gambling dealing with it.

for specific matter, bitcoin is not a totally gambling because you are not doing any betting. but in the other terms like in business terms, investing is like a gambling, its whether your investment goes raise or it may fall. you just have to be wise to know that your investment is not gonna loose, like in bitcoin, when you invest in bitcoin, although we all know that bitcoin is a very good investment program, we dont hide the possibilities that this bitcoin will fall after all. but in my believe bitcoin is totally successful now and nothings/no one gonna stop bitcoin in success.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
donGeilo

Activity: 169

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 01:42:33 AM

Bitcoin is not gambling. People who thinks bitcoin is just gambling are the people who loses a lot of money due to bitcoin gambling. People think that trading is also gambling but the trading is not gambling , it is a calculated and analyzed risk  and decision taken by the traders.When people do not get what they want from bitcoins they start calling it gambling.  People have different assumptions on the basis of their individual experience.
prehisto

Activity: 882
Merit: 112

Your Data Belongs To You

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 02:25:16 AM

I don't know why people say bitcoin is gambling. Its not gambling. You are investing your money and time. You use your internet. So its not gambling dealing with it.

This would make a very poor definition  Grin : " You are investing your money and time."
When you sit down by roulette table you are investing your time and money.

But on more serious note , Every investment is gambling , you never know what will happen, you can only study as hard as you can and make decisions based on your information. Often there is no indications of what is going to happen. BTC can drop to half the price and stay there for months, you never know. If you wont be patient in this certain time frame , you can lose big.

X L S L A B S ◉◉◉ INTERNET OF TRUST ◉◉◉ X L S L A B S
If you care about your personal data, you need to understand its future.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▮ TelegramTwitterBitcointalk ▮▬▬▬▬▬▬
micle222

Activity: 784
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 02:32:24 AM

Bitcoin is not gambling but many gambling sites use Bitcoin as a legitimate means of payment. So since many gambling sites use Bitcoin some lay people think that Bitcoin is a gamble.
Quietman

Activity: 292
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 02:46:14 AM

Ofcourse bitcoin is not gambling. It is somehow associated with gambling because there are some people who uses it with gambling. But the fact is, even fiat is used in gambling or anything that has value can be used in gambling. Basically, gambling is not the money itaelf or bitcoin itself.
UchihaRukawa

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 02:47:42 AM

We invest in bitcoin knowing the possibility that it could go down and go up, if it goes down, then we lose our investment, if it goes up, then we gain and profit from it. It has the same idea in gambling, so maybe that is why other people are calling it gambling, because you are gambling whatever amount you have and hoping that it could make a big hit.

Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 02:51:43 AM

I think they use the words "gambling" in Bitcoin trading because some of them just buy Bitcoin without a proper analysis of the trade. It will be considered gambling as you are just buying and selling that is mostly based on pure speculation which is the most way to trade in anything. You are both risking your time and money as both can be a waste. Another thought is for people who really don't understand anything about Bitcoin but because of what profits they see in other people they have tried it out even without understanding Bitcoin first, that can also be considered as gambling.
hitlab

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 03:08:10 AM

People say bitcoin is gambling because it is a speculative asset. Be honest with yourself, most new people here got into bitcoin to make a quick buck, they don't believe in the technology, they are not here for a long term and will be selling if bitcoin drops more than 50%. Bitcoin is gambling if you are speculating on short term profits
affandi

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 03:36:33 AM

It all depends on how people think and assess bitcoin. What do you do with bitcoin:
trading = in trading is possible for people who do not know for sure will consider it gambling, because they consider trading using a chance factor like gambling.

Bitcoin is used for investment = bitcoin can also be invested, moreover, bitcoin can also be used as a means of payment.
So let them think that bitcoin is gambling. It will not change anything, what else can change the bitcoin price. Let them change their own mindset after seeing you rich from bitcoin.
reynilynedago

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 04:02:15 AM

Yes you're right but bitcoin have a gambling but if we talk about bitcoin many people say this is gambling becuase it is risky to earn and especially to invest maybe you'll become loss or become success so very risky to use bitcoin .
drm
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 04:06:58 AM

Bitcoin is not gambling but many gambling sites use Bitcoin as a legitimate means of payment. So since many gambling sites use Bitcoin some lay people think that Bitcoin is a gamble.

By those measurements the dollar, euro or any fiat currency are supposedly tools for gambling.
Duogembrot

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 04:10:51 AM

of course bitcoin is not for gambling or getting from gambling, only from irresponsible parties who claim to get a lot of bitcoin by gambling, it's just a bad way, actually get bitcoin or doubling bitcoin just by buying and selling or assembling mining tools bitcoin.
Budening

Activity: 280

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 04:24:19 AM

I also agree with your opinion, many think that bitcoin is a place for gambling. They do not know what we actually do, they just look at us from the outside only and speculate without clear evidence.

DCCDistributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
guoyu78

Activity: 1190
Merit: 541

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 05:57:27 AM

Who told you put your all money on bet? If rate is low don't sell it simple. Prices are fluctuating all over the world of everything. So be patient and always wait for the best.

Yeah right, I don't know why people are complaining when they sold their bitcoin on a very low price, we have our own choices in life, if we needed the money that bad, then why hesitate to sell some bitcoin. It is pretty simple just like what you have said, there is no need to sell our bitcoin if we don't need it, we just have to hold it and wait for the right time to convert it.
Trading is a good profession and it returns huge profits also but altcoin is not a good option. We all know the price of different altcoins at the beginning of this year and only ethereum is a splendid altcoin.

Do you know the price of bitcoins a few months ago? If you do, then definitely you won't even think about altcoins. Moreover, past prices really do not matter but future ones do and BTCs have the brightest future.
potatocorner

Activity: 201

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 06:13:36 AM

It's really not gambling. Maybe you can use your bitcoins in gambling, but it doesn't mean that bitcoin is all about gambling. Earning bitcoins here in bitcointalk is legal and you can assure that it is not a fraud because of the trusted campaigns. You just need to be aware of the trusted and not.

▄▄█
      ▄▄█████
  ▄▄█████████       ██▄▄
██████████▀▀        ██████
██████▀▀  ▄▄█       ██████
██████ ▄████▀       ██████
██████ █▀▀      ▄▄█ ██████
██████       ▄████▀ ██████
██████       █▀▀  ▄▄██████
██████        ▄▄██████████
  ▀▀██       █████████▀▀
             █████▀▀
             █▀▀
.FiiiCoin..
Making Cryptocurrency
Available to All,
for All Purposes

████▄▄
████████▄▄
████████████▄▄
████████████████
████████████▀▀
████████▀▀
████▀▀
███████████  ██▄
██           ████▄
██           ██ ▀██▄
██           ████████
██  ███████      
██                 ██
██  █████████████  ██
██                 ██
██  █████████████  ██
██                 ██
██  █████████████  ██
██                 ██
█████████████████████
WHITEPAPER
YELLOWPAPER
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
babarian

Activity: 658

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 06:18:20 AM

I also do not really understand with people who say that bitcoin is gambling, which I know is to buy when the price is cheap and sell when expensive, then we take advantage of the difference is a legitimate way of trading is not it? where is the gambling where?
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 10:51:06 AM

I also do not really understand with people who say that bitcoin is gambling, which I know is to buy when the price is cheap and sell when expensive, then we take advantage of the difference is a legitimate way of trading is not it? where is the gambling where?
The gambling in bitcoin is the future of the price, we can't really say if the price will go higher or not so it is not that easy for us to risk our money because of that threat for our money but we need to gamble our money or risk it in order to gain something better than we could ever imagine and that is how we can become successful in life.
bapetdik

Activity: 373

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 11:02:24 AM

maybe more exactly bitcoin is an investment. because it's basically a bitcoin crypto currency. many people love it then invest. if it is said the bitcoin is gambling I think is not quite right. more precisely toward investment. that's just my opinion.

Fafabol

Activity: 267
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 11:31:45 AM

who says bitcoin is gambling?
just a layman who says so. we are here no one says that, but basically this is a gamble faced. but not gambling.

We're a risk taker not a gambler.
Even though we put our money at risk like in gambling it's not necessary to compare because in bitcoin the chances of getting back our money is high yet unlike in gambling there's no assurance of getting back like we're just depending on our luck here.
Dadan

Activity: 788
Merit: 273

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 11:32:08 AM

It's not really a gamble because you have no money to use it but your time and your internet. Because of gambling it is likely that many people are poor because gambling is just losing so if it is gambling a lot of poor people especially the philippines.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 108 »
  Print  

Jump to: