Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:05:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... 180 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO LIVE] Boosteroid - personal cloud computer available for everyone  (Read 79531 times)
jonland22

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 09:20:41 PM

Provided that boosteroid offers cloud services my question is what will be the maximum capacity storage on the given price?

It is specified on the website as well as the white paper. "1 BTR corresponds to the cost of one hour computing power on the basis of eight NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti graphics cards; two processors Intel Xeon E5 2680v4; RAM 256Gb; SSD 960Gb." The maximum storage for each BTR will be 256Gb if RAM and 960 if SSD.
wow that is a lot of storage to be honest, how can they afford to maintain their service for such a cheap price?  Cheesy
this will help many business a lot.

Well the team is started working on the Boosteroid project since October 2016 and conduct various test until they found out that due to their own architecture and constant capacity utilization the cost of cloud computing is significantly reduced so they will be able to provide the service at a price much lower than the other existing competitors.

The time consumed by planning and brainstorming helped them to conceive this one of a kind project. For sure they will be able to make profit from all their hardwork. 
Their hardwork actually pays off, raising $700k for such a short period of time it proves that their platform is being eyed by many people as of now.
I can't wait to see how much fund they will receive at the end of the ICO.

☁   Casper API   ☁
Platform for DApp developers for decentralized data storage around the world
Telegram Facebook www.casperproject.io Github Twitter ANN
CleverOracle

Activity: 549

BBOD - The Best Crypto Derivatives Exchange

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 09:35:11 PM

There seems to be a very large number of tokens for sale in the ICO, are they planning to burn ALL unsold tokens ?

the number of token is not a problem because it is a service provider and it is way much cheaper than prevailing market price that tech giants are manipulating. yes they adopt burning method of unsold tokens
I think his/her concern is about the price of btr tokens. if they will not burn those unsold token that would be a disaster for the price of btr token in exchange since there is too much supply but for the users this will be a great opportunity to take advantage of their cloud services.
It is not stated though in whitepaper that they will burn the excess token after the ICO, maybe they will not much focus on the value of their token since it is impliedly stated that they will offer cheap prices for their cloud.
Nothing to be worried though, i just checked their website and it is already 700 USD. I know it still a long road for those max caps but the ICO has just started and to think that their ICO has 3 stages so i strongly believe many people will invest to them Smiley

4 days left for the 1st stage of ICO, they already raised around $700k and probably distributed 350k BTR tokens.

The available BTR token for 1st stage is 100 million, do you think the remaining will be add to the 2nd stage or will be freeze and burn at the end of ICO?
I don't know yet, there are different caps for different stage of their ICO. maybe they will just freeze it during the course of the ICO in order not to messed it up since there will be different prices in 1st, 2nd, 3rd stage and possibly they will burn those unsold after.

I guess you are right although I try to look on their smart-contract but it seems that the address they provide on the website is different.

EnormousCoin101

Activity: 510

BBOD fast, non-custodial & transparent Exchange

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 09:38:17 PM

Provided that boosteroid offers cloud services my question is what will be the maximum capacity storage on the given price?

It is specified on the website as well as the white paper. "1 BTR corresponds to the cost of one hour computing power on the basis of eight NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti graphics cards; two processors Intel Xeon E5 2680v4; RAM 256Gb; SSD 960Gb." The maximum storage for each BTR will be 256Gb if RAM and 960 if SSD.
wow that is a lot of storage to be honest, how can they afford to maintain their service for such a cheap price?  Cheesy
this will help many business a lot.

Well the team is started working on the Boosteroid project since October 2016 and conduct various test until they found out that due to their own architecture and constant capacity utilization the cost of cloud computing is significantly reduced so they will be able to provide the service at a price much lower than the other existing competitors.

The time consumed by planning and brainstorming helped them to conceive this one of a kind project. For sure they will be able to make profit from all their hardwork.  
Their hardwork actually pays off, raising $700k for such a short period of time it proves that their platform is being eyed by many people as of now.
I can't wait to see how much fund they will receive at the end of the ICO.

Absolutely! everyone here is eager to see the future of this platform.
I can't wait to see their new updates that posted on their facebook page Smiley

CleverOracle

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 09:45:19 PM

Some factors that the Boosteroid is worth of an investment:

-The service is in demand
-The platform is already being built
-It is profitable to trade BTR tokens on cryptocurrency exchanges
-limited amount of released tokens

This are the reason why they can really squeeze their competitors.

EnormousCoin101

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 09:49:54 PM

This is great! all investors are looking for this.
And the team is busy developing the project but community keeps growing just like what happen on their telegram channel.

creepyjas

Activity: 854
Merit: 272

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 09:53:21 PM

Are you guys planning to burn excessive tokens?

Yes, as far as I know, tokens that are not sold will be burnt. You can refer to the whitepaper and website for more information. Asking on Boosteroid's Telegram channel will help too.
kengeorge21

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 10:04:15 PM

Good point and to be honest boosteroid is making some noise in blockchain community right now, they have got a lot of likers in official facebook page and it is just a matter of time those competitors will feel their presence to the market Smiley

CleverOracle

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 10:10:30 PM

This is great! all investors are looking for this.
And the team is busy developing the project but community keeps growing just like what happen on their telegram channel.

Yes because of the ICO craze now the investors are fussy on choosing a profitable platform and they notice that Boosteroid is one of the promising project as they offer an in-demand service.

samtarly

Pre-sale - March 18

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 10:12:18 PM

Good point and to be honest boosteroid is making some noise in blockchain community right now, they have got a lot of likers in official facebook page and it is just a matter of time those competitors will feel their presence to the market Smiley
They have website advertisement as well, i notice it while surfing the net few hours ago and i think that explains why they have thousands of followers and likers in fb and that is a good thing for them in order to be known to the public before they start their operation.

EnormousCoin101

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 10:16:06 PM

Just got a little concern.. Since boosteriod is a cloud storage and can store lots of data, Is there a possibility that boosteriod can be hacked? What are the safety measures they have to avoid future risks?
Good thing with this mission is they use the blockchain which is hard or even cannot be penetrate by hackers unlike from other companies who do cloud computing they have a lot of issues regarding this and not just from hacks but also they have issues from bugs with their system.

As far as I know blockchain stores information across a network of personal computers permanently and distributes the information if needed or requested that's why it makes difficult and expensive to hack while Boosteroid have their own server or facilities to store all of the data.

I know that the team are compose of professionals and know what to do about this issue so they owe us some good explanation Grin
Maybe they will not release those information regarding system safeguards for these matters in order not to be copied from other companies  Grin
just a thought of mine though im not sure, let's just hear from them  Smiley

You've got a point but maybe a little info or peak on how they will secure all stored data.
Anyway is it today that they going to do some update? based on what they've posted on facebook

podrick17

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 10:19:41 PM

There seems to be a very large number of tokens for sale in the ICO, are they planning to burn ALL unsold tokens ?

the number of token is not a problem because it is a service provider and it is way much cheaper than prevailing market price that tech giants are manipulating. yes they adopt burning method of unsold tokens
I think his/her concern is about the price of btr tokens. if they will not burn those unsold token that would be a disaster for the price of btr token in exchange since there is too much supply but for the users this will be a great opportunity to take advantage of their cloud services.
It is not stated though in whitepaper that they will burn the excess token after the ICO, maybe they will not much focus on the value of their token since it is impliedly stated that they will offer cheap prices for their cloud.
Nothing to be worried though, i just checked their website and it is already 700 USD. I know it still a long road for those max caps but the ICO has just started and to think that their ICO has 3 stages so i strongly believe many people will invest to them Smiley

4 days left for the 1st stage of ICO, they already raised around $700k and probably distributed 350k BTR tokens.

The available BTR token for 1st stage is 100 million, do you think the remaining will be add to the 2nd stage or will be freeze and burn at the end of ICO?
I don't know yet, there are different caps for different stage of their ICO. maybe they will just freeze it during the course of the ICO in order not to messed it up since there will be different prices in 1st, 2nd, 3rd stage and possibly they will burn those unsold after.

I guess you are right although I try to look on their smart-contract but it seems that the address they provide on the website is different.
what do you mean different? i don't know maybe it is just an error, they are busy as of now because there is a lot of work to be done in order for their trial run get started.

CleverOracle

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 10:25:18 PM

what do you mean different? i don't know maybe it is just an error, they are busy as of now because there is a lot of work to be done in order for their trial run get started.

What I mean is different Ethereum address because I tried to look on the address that I got from the their website to look for the smart-contract but this message appears "Sorry, we were unable to retrieve a valid ContractABI for this contract. Unable to read contract information"

jonland22

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 10:31:04 PM

Just got a little concern.. Since boosteriod is a cloud storage and can store lots of data, Is there a possibility that boosteriod can be hacked? What are the safety measures they have to avoid future risks?
Good thing with this mission is they use the blockchain which is hard or even cannot be penetrate by hackers unlike from other companies who do cloud computing they have a lot of issues regarding this and not just from hacks but also they have issues from bugs with their system.

As far as I know blockchain stores information across a network of personal computers permanently and distributes the information if needed or requested that's why it makes difficult and expensive to hack while Boosteroid have their own server or facilities to store all of the data.

I know that the team are compose of professionals and know what to do about this issue so they owe us some good explanation Grin
Maybe they will not release those information regarding system safeguards for these matters in order not to be copied from other companies  Grin
just a thought of mine though im not sure, let's just hear from them  Smiley

You've got a point but maybe a little info or peak on how they will secure all stored data.
Anyway is it today that they going to do some update? based on what they've posted on facebook
It is just a thought of mine, but more or less they will release a statement regarding that in order for their customers feel secured Smiley
Getting the trust of the public is a vital key for them in order to maintain and establish good relationship to its customers Smiley

☁   Casper API   ☁
Platform for DApp developers for decentralized data storage around the world
Telegram Facebook www.casperproject.io Github Twitter ANN
kengeorge21

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 10:45:27 PM

They have website advertisement as well, i notice it while surfing the net few hours ago and i think that explains why they have thousands of followers and likers in fb and that is a good thing for them in order to be known to the public before they start their operation.
I haven't seen one of their advertisement but that is a good strategy, not all ICO does that because most of them do not have sponsors and they are being started from scratch without any budget at all.

erasheed28

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 10:58:41 PM

I just saw some updates in boosteroid's facebook, all unsold and undistributed will be expired meaning it will be burn and also tokens used as payment will be expire as well, no wonder they produce 1billion token because of this scenarios.

DCCDistributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
samtarly

Pre-sale - March 18

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 11:04:37 PM

I haven't seen one of their advertisement but that is a good strategy, not all ICO does that because most of them do not have sponsors and they are being started from scratch without any budget at all.
It just proves that they are really serious with this one and in fact they made some changes with their business model, bounty campaign, and bonus system in order to prepare their operation very well Smiley

erasheed28

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 11:09:51 PM

They just recently made a technical support group in telegram, maybe a bit too late but try to check it out guys. It is posted in facebook Smiley

DCCDistributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
kengeorge21

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 11:24:12 PM

It just proves that they are really serious with this one and in fact they made some changes with their business model, bounty campaign, and bonus system in order to prepare their operation very well Smiley
those were announce in their facebook page right? I believe errors happens during the planning phase of business but correcting those errors and announcing it to the public is a good attitude for the management. kudos to boosteroid team  Wink

samtarly

Pre-sale - March 18

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 11:32:08 PM

They just recently made a technical support group in telegram, maybe a bit too late but try to check it out guys. It is posted in facebook Smiley
Good thing they provide a technical support for their investors as well as for those potential and they are planning to provide a buy back scheme once the btr tokens listed on exchange.

kengeorge21

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 11:36:37 PM

Good thing they provide a technical support for their investors as well as for those potential and they are planning to provide a buy back scheme once the btr tokens listed on exchange.
All of this notice are posted in their facebook, i think they should atleast provide updates here as well since some users ask questions here and it turns out they are not updated in boosteroid's facebook page.

Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... 180 »
  Print  

Jump to: