Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:33:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 180 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]PECULIUM - First Saving System in Crypto Driven by AI  (Read 66389 times)
BaliScript

Activity: 140
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 02:58:28 PM

For any french speakers, here is a link to an article about Peculium:

If you're a French speaker, have a look at this "Les Echos.fr" article about Peculium!
http://ow.ly/ALZN30hkZsQ

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rathaha10

Activity: 616
Merit: 108

io.ezystayz.com

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 03:36:48 PM

The Peculium private sale registration closed with almost ~2 million $ pledged! wow thats huge.
next phase will be the Pre-ICO starting on December 17th until December 21th - Where I can check the current sales figure?

2 Million $ pledged is very good for a ICO. When investors buy Icos they trust it, because who would invest in a ICO where you don't trust it. I know Peculium nearly since the start they are working really hard. Does anyone know what the softcap for Peculium is ?

Ace44

Activity: 672

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 03:47:34 PM

Just read something in the whitepaper, a lot of information, especially technical information where I would rather wait for a translation.
But what I noticed is this:

At the end of every SOLIDUS period and every
financial year is a percentage of the company's profit
transferred to ETH wallet. The ETH is then
redistributed to all token holders according to the
percentage of PCL Tokens owned.

Another incentive to invest, I like this

Nice one, guess i missed this part of the whitepaper, this to me is a very beautiful concept to inculcate in such projects, indulging the HODL principle among members to avoid the usual dumping scenario which is the norm nowadays, apart from exchanges been scarce which is a good quality, acceptance is next and to achieve this, the HODL value must be preached, a strong community can really come out of this, have a plan, keep supply at a minimum or average, listen to the community and implement good strategies, that's all the ingredients that's needed to drive this to greater heights  
jamzzz123

Activity: 350
Merit: 16

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 04:10:59 PM

If you're a French speaker, have a look at this "Les Echos.fr" article about Peculium!

Good find Bali, can anyone translate this - would be good to have another read from a different source ( point of view )
Ares0211

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 05:11:55 PM

The Peculium private sale registration closed with almost ~2 million $ pledged! wow thats huge.
next phase will be the Pre-ICO starting on December 17th until December 21th - Where I can check the current sales figure?

I'm confused, I do not know all the sales anymore. So there was already a private sale? and that has nothing to do with the pre-ico? and after the pre-ico there is still another ico? I always thought pre-ico and private-sale are the same, but I was wrong. I think I need an AI for help

Cheesy... private sales are for PRIVATE investors. You have to register to take part, normally. Pre sales are for everyone, but with a higher minimum amount for participation than in main ico.
cryptossi

Activity: 504
Merit: 106

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 05:12:08 PM

Good find Bali, can anyone translate this - would be good to have another read from a different source ( point of view )

It would be great if someone could translate the article for us English-speaking folk. Hopefully it is a glowing review that promotes the project in a good light.

BaliScript

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 05:14:31 PM

I dont think anyone would go through so much trouble in translating, if there is no bounty for it Smiley But good idea, maybe someone can just tell in a few words what the article is about

cryptossi

Activity: 504

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 05:17:21 PM

I'm confused, I do not know all the sales anymore. So there was already a private sale? and that has nothing to do with the pre-ico? and after the pre-ico there is still another ico? I always thought pre-ico and private-sale are the same, but I was wrong. I think I need an AI for help

Cheesy... private sales are for PRIVATE investors. You have to register to take part, normally. Pre sales are for everyone, but with a higher minimum amount for participation than in main ico.

Yes Ares is correct, a private sale is for larger investors who can purchase tokens before they go on sale for the whole public. You have to register with the ICO and in some cases you need to submit KYC. There is usually a minimum buy in that normal crypto investors would not be able to afford.

phantam

Activity: 546

Bountyhive.io

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2017, 05:22:44 PM

I dont think anyone would go through so much trouble in translating, if there is no bounty for it Smiley But good idea, maybe someone can just tell in a few words what the article is about

Machine translated: https://pastebin.com/czxnSvJc its readable though Smiley Decent read and basically glosses over the general gist of blockchain info etc. They didn't realy disclose anything we didn't already know from the site/forum.
rathaha10

Activity: 616
Merit: 108

io.ezystayz.com

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 05:32:19 PM

I think that there are a lot of English articles already available when you look at the bounty spreadsheet from Peculium. It is worth reading it to know more information about the ICO.

ketSt

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 05:54:27 PM

AI-based market predictions looks like to be trending now. Peculium is one of the coins that offers even more. I'm really excited.
phantam

Bountyhive.io

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2017, 06:05:15 PM

AI-based market predictions looks like to be trending now. Peculium is one of the coins that offers even more. I'm really excited.

Yep keep seeing coins try to tap into the AI field, but peculium seems to be one of the first ones to demo their SIEVE and actually show how accurate it is which a big step in the right direction for the ICO.
faulerwilli

Activity: 980
Merit: 140

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 06:51:30 PM

ares, you saved me, thanks a lot for this explanation.
But now I'm disappointed that I missed the registration for the private sale. With my current knowledge about the project, I would certainly have participated. but pre-ico is nice too
mvillar

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 07:05:36 PM

As an investor I like this BUT this won't pass the Howey test so it will make this token to be out of the major exchanges forever. I'm fine with that, what I'm not fine with is with companies changing everything after ICO to try to comply with the rules to be listed in exchanges (TrueFlip I'm looking at you).

TLDR: Dividends means this token will be stuck in etherdelta forever. I'm fine with that.
Can you please elaborate on the "Howey test"? From reading the dev comments in this thread it is implied that it will be featured in "normal" exchanges as well as the usual ED token exchange.

--ypsi

Just read something in the whitepaper, a lot of information, especially technical information where I would rather wait for a translation.

This is a very nice initiative. Eventhough Peculium is not the first one to do that. If I were Peculium, I would have initiated litecoin or bitcoincash or dash as rewarding currency than ETH. It has become too much for ETH now. ETH cannot handle the load and is visible clearly. When possible, projects should go out of ETH and look for more stable options.

I really like that part of the white paper, it’s good for investors to know what that there is a potential dividend pay out/profit sharing initiative which is paid in ETH. It will make more people want to invest in the project and it’s a really exciting concept.
As an investor I like this BUT this won't pass the Howey test so it will make this token to be out of the major exchanges forever. I'm fine with that, what I'm not fine with is with companies changing everything after ICO to try to comply with the rules to be listed in exchanges (TrueFlip I'm looking at you).

TLDR: Dividends means this token will be stuck in etherdelta forever. I'm fine with that.

I am not sure what exactly means with HOWEY test. could you please explain it further? Why only ED supports such dividends and not other exchanges? It would be nice to understand this further.

The "Howey Test" is a test created by the US Supreme Court for determining whether certain transactions qualify as "investment contracts." If so, then under the Securities Act of 1933 and the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, those transactions are considered securities and therefore subject to certain disclosure and registration requirements.

Under the Howey Test, a transaction is an investment contract if:

It is an investment of money
    There is an expectation of profits from the investment
    The investment of money is in a common enterprise
    Any profit comes from the efforts of a promoter or third party

Although the Howey Test uses the term "money," later cases have expanded this to include investments of assets other than money. The term "common enterprise" isn't precisely defined, and courts have used different interpretations. Most federal courts define a common enterprise as one that is horizontal, meaning that investors pool their money or assets together to invest in a project. However, other courts use different definitions.

The final factor of the Howey Test concerns whether any profit that comes from the investment is largely or wholly outside of the investor's control. If so, then the investment might be a security. If, however, the investor's own actions largely dictate whether an investment will be profitable, then that investment is probably not a security.

All the major exchanges are avoiding any token that might be a security like the plague.

For further reading https://blog.coinbase.com/2016-12-07-blockchain-token-securities-law-a66ef03c383f and https://www.manhattanstreetcapital.com/faq/for-fundraisers/how-determine-if-token-security-howey-test

Get the best airdrops at https://t.me/only_the_best_airdrops
phantam

Bountyhive.io

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2017, 07:22:45 PM

Honestly the howey test is annoying and the way their applying it is just making everything more f*cking confusing than anything else, their indecision and applying it only when they want is whats driving the market insane.

Though i will agree its smart for ICO's to decide hard and firm if their going the KYC or Non-KYC way especially when it comes to US residents.
Crypt-O-Fiend

Activity: 70

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 07:47:51 PM

Can you please elaborate on the "Howey test"? From reading the dev comments in this thread it is implied that it will be featured in "normal" exchanges as well as the usual ED token exchange.

--ypsi

This is a very nice initiative. Eventhough Peculium is not the first one to do that. If I were Peculium, I would have initiated litecoin or bitcoincash or dash as rewarding currency than ETH. It has become too much for ETH now. ETH cannot handle the load and is visible clearly. When possible, projects should go out of ETH and look for more stable options.

I really like that part of the white paper, it’s good for investors to know what that there is a potential dividend pay out/profit sharing initiative which is paid in ETH. It will make more people want to invest in the project and it’s a really exciting concept.

I am not sure what exactly means with HOWEY test. could you please explain it further? Why only ED supports such dividends and not other exchanges? It would be nice to understand this further.

The "Howey Test" is a test created by the US Supreme Court for determining whether certain transactions qualify as "investment contracts." If so, then under the Securities Act of 1933 and the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, those transactions are considered securities and therefore subject to certain disclosure and registration requirements.

Under the Howey Test, a transaction is an investment contract if:

It is an investment of money
    There is an expectation of profits from the investment
    The investment of money is in a common enterprise
    Any profit comes from the efforts of a promoter or third party

Although the Howey Test uses the term "money," later cases have expanded this to include investments of assets other than money. The term "common enterprise" isn't precisely defined, and courts have used different interpretations. Most federal courts define a common enterprise as one that is horizontal, meaning that investors pool their money or assets together to invest in a project. However, other courts use different definitions.

The final factor of the Howey Test concerns whether any profit that comes from the investment is largely or wholly outside of the investor's control. If so, then the investment might be a security. If, however, the investor's own actions largely dictate whether an investment will be profitable, then that investment is probably not a security.

All the major exchanges are avoiding any token that might be a security like the plague.

For further reading https://blog.coinbase.com/2016-12-07-blockchain-token-securities-law-a66ef03c383f and https://www.manhattanstreetcapital.com/faq/for-fundraisers/how-determine-if-token-security-howey-test

In my eyes, the Howey Test is a tool for the US tax authority to declare any business U.S tax liable. It is a joke what the US has admitted to the financial market for rights. I hope that projects based on ETH such as Peculium never come under this regimentation, the anonymity in the crypto world is an important building block there.
mvillar

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 10:50:30 PM

In my eyes, the Howey Test is a tool for the US tax authority to declare any business U.S tax liable. It is a joke what the US has admitted to the financial market for rights. I hope that projects based on ETH such as Peculium never come under this regimentation, the anonymity in the crypto world is an important building block there.
No it's not. If something is a security, in the US Law you have to be an accredited investor to be able to buy it. So you and me and every tomboy out there are not allowed to buy it as it's seen as a too risky investment for us.

Exchanges are big corps and thus subject to scrutiny from the authorities and they don't want troubles, so they don't allow securities in big exchanges. That's why there have been plenty of delistings lately and it has become harder and harder to be listed in trex.

Get the best airdrops at https://t.me/only_the_best_airdrops
kaar

Activity: 121
Merit: 123

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 11:19:50 PM

Nice points, maybe we can get an answer from the mods. For me it doesnt matter wether IT is Just available in etherdelta. I made some nice Profits there. But for newcomers this could be a reason not to Take part in Ico. Better idea, I will ask that in telegram.

Did you get an answer from the devs in telegram? I mean this thing can be a deal breaker for quite many people. It would be nice if devs could verify this.

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
ibininja

Activity: 490

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 04:14:27 AM

Nice points, maybe we can get an answer from the mods. For me it doesnt matter wether IT is Just available in etherdelta. I made some nice Profits there. But for newcomers this could be a reason not to Take part in Ico. Better idea, I will ask that in telegram.

Did you get an answer from the devs in telegram? I mean this thing can be a deal breaker for quite many people. It would be nice if devs could verify this.

In most cases I believe exchanges want to see traction to list; I am curious to see which exchanges they will be able to secure before the sale.

BaliScript

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 06:16:06 AM

I saw this tweet from peculium:

Our #PreICO is live! Hurry and get the 35% Bonus !
We only take purchases through our TGE platform. Please be careful! https://tge.peculium.io/user/login

Why are they saying to be careful? Did I miss something?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 180 »
  Print  

Jump to: