Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 06:19:37 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 ... 149 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are so many people against bitcoin?  (Read 19292 times)
Qartersa

Activity: 868
Merit: 535

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 04:25:10 PM

Well as for me, it is either because:

1) They want to spread false news in order for them to penetrate the market upon the exit of others;

2) They are not into currencies that are not regulated by governments;

3) They are afraid of getting scammed;

4) They want to take a certain level of control with their money, hence, they are against the quick price fluctuations of Bitcoin;

5) Others.

The list I have in mind is not exclusive. Anybody who can add up more to my list?
Faraleh

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 04:28:41 PM

these people are used to living on one salary. they are afraid to leave their comfort zone and try something new. and therefore they are irritated by people who are smarter and more successful than they.
btcdepo

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 04:39:01 PM

Because they don't know what is bitcoin.if they know about bitcoin then they don't go to against bitcoin.when they understand what is bitcoin then they love bitcoin.
Because people don't want to embrace new things or don't temd to search the truth they just lestening to social media or they don't want to embrace changes and because also some organization will make some propaganda againts it because it will affect their businesess.because  Bitcoin is Peer to peer transaction that there is third party involve .but once people know how bitcoin work as a curreny for sure people will not go againts it.

That's right! Most of the people is not really open to new things. They can be considered as conservative people when it comes to financial matters. Unfortunately education system is programming us in that way.
Yeah I think a lot of people are still comfortable to use paper money or fiat so when bitcoin comes bringing in a new innovation of a financial technology. they are not ready to accept it. I think this is normal when they do not like anything foreign. I think this problem will be solved by time. when someone gets interested in learning bitcoin. because the people around them already use bitcoin

You have some points like people are still used to have paper money but I think people who are against, mostly didn't buy bitcoin when it was cheaper and now they regret. At least most of my friends is like this.

The FASTEST and MOST SECURE  Token Exchange.
▬▬  ETHERSHIFT  ▬▬  No More Waiting! Main Sale Starts Nov 05, 2018.  ▬▬  ETHERSHIFT  ▬▬
WHITEPAPER | ANN | TELEGRAM | TWITTER | REDDIT | DISCORD
kenjohannes26

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 05:01:42 PM

They hate because they do not know what the bitcoin benefits are, but if they want to learn a little bit, I'm sure their eyes will open and start looking for bitcoin or buy it.
fiomcorka

Activity: 496
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 06:40:31 AM

As this is an online coin. Still, many people in the world do not believe it. If there is no strong ground, then they can't believe it.
The major reason is the lack of information people have regarding bitcoin and other crypto currencies. These people are usually those who are reluctant to use new technologies. These are never ever going to use gadgets and other apps to ease their lives.

I am sure that if they start using technology and these currencies, they will be the best admirers of bitcoin. These people should be given proper knowledge about bitcoin.
doomistake

Activity: 1400
Merit: 571

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 08:18:45 AM

I think that a lot of people fight bitcoin, maybe big they do not know what exactly crypto money is, if they do it they will not oppose it, so I think they do not understand the knowledge about it. to get better returns in terms of investing in bitcoin.

I guess that is the problem, people easily judge something even if they don't know the whole story, they judge bitcoin just because someone used it on bad things, that is why they have the guts to say that bitcoin is just a scam or just a fraud, well it is a laughing matter seeing this kind of people, I pity this kind of people, they are too low level to the point that they are just seeing other's mistake but they can't see their own mistakes.

Those people who are against bitcoin are just too narrow minded to know bitcoin, they are brainwashing each other, but in the end, I'm sure they will eat what they have said to bitcoin.
TheWinnerBro

Activity: 154

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 08:20:55 AM

Undoubtedly,bitcoin is a significantly revolutionising currency and there is nothing about feeling hatered with it.
Some people may be unaware of its privileges, or getting jealous over success of its traders, that's why they seem to feel against bitcoin.
Looking forward, they will surely change their mind when all nations mark this as legal currency.
sam20108

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 11:08:50 AM

Peoples are not against bitcoins actually most of the protesters don't even know what bitcoin really are, they are unaware how useful and how profitable it is to buy bitcoins and sell them later. Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
Hanako

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 11:25:11 AM

I think they are against for it because they are  not familiar and they didnt know how to transact about bitcoin. They are not aware  the advantage of bitcoin. But if they know the benefits of bitcoin definitely they will have extract more to know more about . Because is very helpful you can earn and save more from bitcoin.
billionaireSHS

Activity: 269
Merit: 10

Decentralized Transportation Solution

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 11:51:10 AM

I have so many people that I encoutered that they are against in bitcoin because they think that it is a scam but it is not only the reason because others think that it is not legit and real.

MFahad

Activity: 2478
Merit: 644

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2017, 02:17:04 PM

There's no way or reason to hate bitcoins. I honestly said they're unaware or maybe it might possible someone give them wrong information and that's why they start hating it. Before blaming bitcoin they should try it and i believe bitcoin will prove them wrong as if they invest in bitcoins, they will be in benefit.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
stayeduptolate

Activity: 980
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 02:23:44 PM

many of those "many people" you see are not against bitcoin. they are actually heavily invested in it but they pretend otherwise. someone who is spreading FUD in 99% of the times wants the price to drop so he can either short bitcoin or because he has some buy orders placed ahead of time at certain low prices.

i honestly can not think of anybody who does not benefit from bitcoin! even banks that some people say are against bitcoin or bitcoin is against them are happy about bitcoin. not only bitcoin introduced blockchain technology to them to improve their business but also it has opened up new ways for banks to make money. banks are in fact making a lot of money because of bitcoin, all these traders are using banks to handle their money transfers and there are lots of them Cheesy
every people have different different opinion about the bitcoin. From my views firstly most of the people are against the bitcoin because of lack of knowledge about the bitcoin but after getting knowledge about the bitcoin they don't against the bitcoin. I am one of them who firstly against the bitcoin but after getting knowledge I completely change my mind set that bitcoin is very important for life.
tonmoycrypto

Activity: 154

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 02:25:21 PM

They are afraid to invest their money that it will be lost due to its inflation of price in bitcoin.
Cholo003

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 02:33:47 PM

With the current reality today were in the struggle for money is so hard that other turned to do bad things. People first impression with Bitcoin is "SCAM". I think that's the first first issue we should address for so that many won't be against it.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Visualvery

Activity: 53

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 02:34:09 PM

The nice thing is no one around me against existence of bitcoin. Even those who don't know about bitcoin, consistently ask and study it. So we can form a community that give benefits for the environment we live in.
Sadum

Activity: 295
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 08:54:15 PM

according to my attention so far they do not understand what is Bitcoin, how it works and they may think bitcoin disturbing but different from people who have started bitcoin like me very happy to benefit from bitcoin ....

▐░▒ Thaler Token ▒░▌
【 A Foundation For The Mass Adoption Of Crypto 】 (https://www.thalertoken.com/)
Rascar Capac

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 09:10:18 PM

These are the people that doesn't want to experience the change we are having. These are the people who are sad because they envy us of having knowledge about the cryptocurrency we are studying.
thinknow11

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2017, 09:12:19 PM

Some people still not know the different, when ever you engage them about bitcoin, the first thing that comes to their mind is ponzi. It's a pity, they don't know the different
activerog

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 09:38:24 PM

Problems with Bitcoin :
1. Slow transaction time
2. High fees (mining cost)
I'd like to think the Lightning Network will overcome the above, but in its current form, Bitcoin doesn't look an ideal medium to transact with, but is more a store of wealth.

Why is there value in Cryptocurrencies?   Ari Paul from Blocktower Capital explains here:
http://www.businessinsider.com/cryptocurrency-value-explained-by-crypto-hedge-fund-cio-ari-paul-2017-11/?r=AU&IR=T

---
Ari Paul, CIO of cryptocurrency hedge fund BlockTower Capital, talks with Business Insider executive editor Sara Silverstein about the value in cryptocurrency and where he thinks the market is headed in the next two years. Following is a transcript of the video.

Ari Paul: I’m Ari Paul, CIO of BlockTower Capital and this is why there's value in cryptocurrency

Sara Silverstein: Why do you fundamentally believe that there is value in this cryptocurrency world?

Paul: So there are quite a few use cases. I think the biggest and clearest, and easiest to understand, is as a store of value that can't be censored and is resistant to seizure. And so, the really clear example of demand for this, that I see, is the offshore banking system. Which is roughly 20 trillion dollars today. And it's not just people trying to dodge taxes. Apple, Amazon, every billionaire on the planet, has wealth stored there. And firms like JPMorgan collect fees to offshore law abiding citizens’ wealth. And people want to store their wealth securely, in a way that no single judge could freeze all of their assets. Right? Amazon doesn't want their entire global business operation to be shut down by one judge in Brussels. They want to be able to go through a lengthy appeals process and keep their business operating. So cryptocurrency performs that same task of the offshore banking, of keeping wealth secure an order of magnitude better. So we see massive real fundamental demand for this use case.

Silverstein: And what other financial assets make sense to be on a decentralized database or why would they?

Paul: Yes, there’s a huge distinction between the money use case, store of value, and the blockchain use case, for other assets. And I think it’s useful to kind of separate those. So a blockchain makes a ton of sense to record in real-time legal title. So I was a treasury bond trader, for example, and an example in finance, that anyone who’s traded treasuries is familiar with, is: failure to deliver. So Goldman Sachs will sell a bond to Credit Suisse, who borrows it from JPMorgan, and the same bond, in a day, might trade across 12 banks. And if one back office fails, they fail to make delivery of that bond, you get what's called a cascading failure to deliver. Because no one knows who actually owns the bond. And that can take weeks to fix. So imagine if you just have a shared database, a database that each of those banks held, that was kept accurate in real time,  and that no one could maliciously change or manipulate. You would know who owns what bonds and you might be able to eliminate half of the existing back offices in big banks. So a massive cost savings.

Silverstein: So you believe in the blockchain as having a value in the future for us? How does that translate into value for cryptocurrency?

Paul: So, yeah. I think a really useful idea — a blockchain is just a type of database. It's a distributed ledger that in some use cases, like for a banking back office, is kind of like a database upgrade. So massive improvements in efficiency, but probably not that transformative or disruptive. When you take a blockchain and you make it public and decentralized, and then you add money to that — you add a cryptocurrency — then you're looking at something that is that first use case, that offshore banking system, that I think is fundamentally disruptive. And disruptive financially, economically, and even potentially politically.

Silverstein: Do you see any institutional money in cryptocurrency right now, and is that going to be a huge lever for these values to all skyrocket?

Paul: Absolutely, so we've seen this really clear path of adoption. The earliest adopters were engineers, self-described cypherpunks. Then you had a wave of kind of Silicon Valley tech elites, people who would have a successful exit, who had a high risk tolerance, and who liked taking risk on new technology. Then you had kind of an early wave of maybe people like myself with a little more of a Wall Street background, as well as high net worth individuals, who are a little bit risk-tolerant. What we’re seeing right now is a shift from small family offices to big. Venture capital firms are basically all in. So most of the famous venture capital firms, not only have they been in the space for a few years, they’re now directly investing in new cryptocurrencies. And of the ten largest family offices in the country at least seven of them on cryptocurrency. Maybe more, but seven I'm sure of. So the next wave is — in kind of the institutionalization of the space — is we’re having the CME futures that are likely to launch next month. There's a huge number of entrants who want to invest in cryptocurrency, but can’t. For security reasons, operational reasons, regulatory, but they can easily buy a future, that's on the CME. So that opens the door to groups like endowments and pensions. So far, endowments and pensions own zero cryptocurrency. You have an asset that has been the highest returning asset class over the last eight years and it’s uncorrelated to everything else. And while there’s certainly debate over the future prospects, it lines up as the holy grail for a portfolio. In the sense that, if you size it appropriately, if you size it small, the risks are idiosyncratic. It actually reduces the risk of a portfolio. So endowments and pensions, as they get comfortable with the space, in all aspects regulatory, compliance, as well as underwriting investment risk. They're going to get in. And that's a massive wall of money coming in to a relatively small asset class.

Silverstein: And what do you think the timeline is for that?

Paul: I think the first endowment is probably going to write a check in the next few months, a small check. Endowments won't be in size for probably six months and not in size by — from their perspective for probably 12 months. Pensions are probably 18 months away and the key — the reason given those dates is having third-party custody, that is a legal qualified custodian, is a huge hurdle particularly for pensions. You have issues like ERISA, that are actual fiduciary challenges. And having a third-party qualified custodian, for many crypto assets, is probably something like 12 months away, maybe 18 months away.
Rodeo02

Activity: 1302
Merit: 577

avatar and signature space for rent !!!

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 10:03:12 PM

many of those "many people" you see are not against bitcoin. they are actually heavily invested in it but they pretend otherwise. someone who is spreading FUD in 99% of the times wants the price to drop so he can either short bitcoin or because he has some buy orders placed ahead of time at certain low prices.

i honestly can not think of anybody who does not benefit from bitcoin! even banks that some people say are against bitcoin or bitcoin is against them are happy about bitcoin. not only bitcoin introduced blockchain technology to them to improve their business but also it has opened up new ways for banks to make money. banks are in fact making a lot of money because of bitcoin, all these traders are using banks to handle their money transfers and there are lots of them Cheesy
every people have different different opinion about the bitcoin. From my views firstly most of the people are against the bitcoin because of lack of knowledge about the bitcoin but after getting knowledge about the bitcoin they don't against the bitcoin. I am one of them who firstly against the bitcoin but after getting knowledge I completely change my mind set that bitcoin is very important for life.

simply that they dont have enough knowledge that is why they dont really know the essence of having this currency so instead of taking the advantage of having this they may hate it then they think that it was just a waste of time firstly cause they dont take it at first and we all know that in first time of having bitcoin gaining knowledge of it at first are not easy as they can get it easily.
Pages: « 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 ... 149 »
  Print  

Jump to: