Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 12:12:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BTC-TC] Deprived Mining Speculation (DMS)  (Read 198736 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
twentyseventy
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 03:48:48 AM

If anyone has demonstrable losses caused by my absence (by which I mean actual costs incurred - not "I could have sold when BTC was 1200 if DMS had been relisted and CIPHERMINE.B1 had traded at face value") then I'm fine with covering them.  Lack of funds was never (and isn't) an issue for me.

i think "demonstrable losses" should include interest on huge downtime. as if we can believe deprived has the slightest intention of keeping his word

Sounds like carte blanche to go hire a PI and/or lawyer to track down Deprived. Assuming you can find him and he keeps his word, you'll be fully reimbursed.

How can he not understand what a massive dick move it is not to show up as promised twice in a row?

Seriously. There is absolutely no way he is that busy. It's a joke at this point; what an asshole.
matt4054
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 09:08:24 AM

How can he not understand what a massive dick move it is not to show up as promised twice in a row?

Seriously. There is absolutely no way he is that busy. It's a joke at this point; what an asshole.

+1 and the longer he waits, the harder it will be to sort out the mess.
As far as I'm concerned I stopped tracking how much he owes me already.

Maybe it's the first accidental scam of that pathetic so-called Bitcoin "community": the guy is so much in denial, thinks it's no big deal etc. and that everyone will just patiently wait for him. I wish I could sing the same song to my landlord when it comes to paying the rent: I just tell him that I put all the money in a shoe box, that I just don't have time to go to the bank but I promise that I will do it eventually.

This guy has lost contact with reality or is just shitting all over us from the start
ldrgn

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 08:31:53 PM

This guy has lost contact with reality or is just shitting all over us from the start

He's doing the same stalling tactics that Pirate, Ukyo, Nefario, Ken Slaughter and many others have done.  The goal is to get people to forget about the whole thing and continually put off other investigations/legal action.  At least he's not threatening to withhold deposits from the troublemakers!
twentyseventy
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 09:08:33 PM

He's doing the same stalling tactics that Pirate, Ukyo, Nefario, Ken Slaughter and many others have done.  The goal is to get people to forget about the whole thing and continually put off other investigations/legal action.  At least he's not threatening to withhold deposits from the troublemakers!

The big difference is here is that everyone knows that the funds aren't lost/gambled away/etc - we can see that the 150BTC is still held here: https://blockchain.info/address/1CzJY7pVkCqDjUtycHzFgeTTbbWokqYuXo

Yes, this is a stalling tactic of some sort, however.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3274

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 11:14:32 PM

He's doing the same stalling tactics that Pirate, Ukyo, Nefario, Ken Slaughter and many others have done.  The goal is to get people to forget about the whole thing and continually put off other investigations/legal action.  At least he's not threatening to withhold deposits from the troublemakers!
The big difference is here is that everyone knows that the funds aren't lost/gambled away/etc - we can see that the 150BTC is still held here: https://blockchain.info/address/1CzJY7pVkCqDjUtycHzFgeTTbbWokqYuXo
Yes, this is a stalling tactic of some sort, however.

I don't think it is a stalling tactic -- it is a mess, just as Deprived described it. Don't forget there are also 260 BTC worth of Ciphermine bonds (plus unpaid interest) to deal with.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
HowlingMad

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 07:23:17 PM

I don't think it is a stalling tactic -- it is a mess, just as Deprived described it. Don't forget there are also 260 BTC worth of Ciphermine bonds (plus unpaid interest) to deal with.
And until CipherTrade FINALLY (#@$!%$#%@^!!) opens the doors, noone knows what the bonds are worth either.

Windows 10, R280x * 3
Bonam

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 04:18:16 PM

And until CipherTrade FINALLY (#@$!%$#%@^!!) opens the doors, noone knows what the bonds are worth either.

It seems fairly obvious that they are worth zero, in that holders of DMS shares will never see a satoshi's worth from those "bonds".
arctos

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 08:52:03 PM

https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=4582.msg170229#msg170229

Probably not new information
arctos

Activity: 57

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 02:23:29 PM

analbeard claims CM bond payments today. Perhaps withdrawal of Ciphertrade balance will force him to yield his identity, which would atleast be a reassuring sign of good faith even if only the CT proprietors have access to it. Deprived should make statement beyond claiming and ignoring to do something the coming weekend.

What is stopping Deprived from making a preliminary payout of the funds he does have access to, to atleast begin closing the fund?
tekke
Legendary

Activity: 854

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 07:18:20 PM

So what happened to the track down of this guy?. Is he or is he not Jon Walkin?

This is exactly why many people stay away of the crypto-world, even the "reputable" members  fuck you whenever they get the chance. Without a set of rules and laws we are doomed.
Jasun7211

Activity: 517
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 01:52:29 AM

Why do you guys even talk about deprived like he will be back here in 2014.   Lets wait till January, then we can hurry up and wait some more

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
|
JohnWasser

Activity: 17

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 01:10:46 PM

Just for sake of completeness I reached out to fligen via PM:
On November 14, 2013 you said of Deprived:
I do not have his phone number, I do have his personal email with a full name. Let's give him the benefit of doubt for now.

Since then he has gone missing for all but two days in the last six months! Are you now willing to contact him or make public his real name or email address?

Gone November 27 to March 13, about 3.5 months.
Gone March 14 to today, about 2.5 months.

Fligen has stated that Deprived's real first name is "Charlie".  This conflicts with other reports of the name being Jon W.  I hope his last name is uncommon or he will be hard to find in a world of Charlies.
inspiredinvestor

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 10:22:38 PM

I do not have his phone number, I do have his personal email with a full name. Let's give him the benefit of doubt for now.

Since then he has gone missing for all but two days in the last six months! Are you now willing to contact him or make public his real name or email address?

Fligen has stated that Deprived's real first name is "Charlie".  This conflicts with other reports of the name being Jon W.  I hope his last name is uncommon or he will be hard to find in a world of Charlies.

stripykitteh, shall we super sleuth this charlie,
fligen I think we have given him the benefit of the doubt, I am sure we have all tried to contact him. Now it would be nice to do it formally and in a unified fashion, to the actual person not just on bitcointalk.org. the distributions of the outstanding funds is not a insurmountable problem, I am sure several of us have been greatly inconvenienced by not having access to them.

███        WEBSITE      SLACK      ANN THREAD         ███
████     FACEBOOK      TWITTER      EXPLORER     ████

▬▬▬  JOIN OUR ICO   From March 1st, 2018  ▬▬▬
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3274

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 12:22:40 AM

stripykitteh, shall we super sleuth this charlie,
fligen I think we have given him the benefit of the doubt, I am sure we have all tried to contact him. Now it would be nice to do it formally and in a unified fashion, to the actual person not just on bitcointalk.org. the distributions of the outstanding funds is not a insurmountable problem, I am sure several of us have been greatly inconvenienced by not having access to them.

A large portion of the funds are in the form of bonds. How do you propose to distribute those funds?

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
BitThink
Legendary

Activity: 882

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 05:48:48 AM

Anyone could give an estimation of following?

1) What's the outstanding dividend to DMS.Mining?

2) What's the outstanding dividend to DMS.Selling or if there's any?

We've lost the track for around half a year already.

stripykitteh
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 07:09:09 AM

It appears that fligen is Clint Ditto of Waco, Texas:

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/clint-ditto/27/b79/38

http://www.cryptopros.com/2014/04/clint-ditto-bitcoin-foundation.html

It shouldn't be too hard to get his attention. Whether he responds is a different matter.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
JohnWasser

Activity: 17

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 03:32:43 PM

Anyone could give an estimation of following?

1) What's the outstanding dividend to DMS.Mining?

2) What's the outstanding dividend to DMS.Selling or if there's any?

We've lost the track for around half a year already.

Here is what I calculated back in early March:
Just did some calculations and it looks like back dividends are something close to:
   0.0003412014 per Mining or Purchase
   0.002000772  per Selling or Purchase

As of October 25th there were 163054 "Effective Units" outstanding.  That means DMS is about 382 BTC behind on dividend payments.
matt4054
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 05:57:39 PM

It would be useful to bring updated figures just to keep track of things here.

I will try to update my spreadsheet for MINING and re-post the link
Rannasha

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 06:14:46 PM

Calculating the numbers on dividend payouts is fairly simple, but is ultimately pointless if the funds aren't available for distribution. The liquid BTC is only accessible by Deprived and while in principle the CipherMine folks could decide to pay out the bonds owned by DMS to a third party managing the liquidation of the fund, they seem to have not given any indication that this is a step they're willing to take as the legal status of the ownership of the CipherMine bonds is fuzzy at best.
Anotheranonlol

Activity: 588
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 07:33:21 PM

just took a  very brief look at some of bitcoin addresses own by deprived, seem large amount funneled into an address with relation to previous bitcoin scam/HYIP. (oilrigcontractors.com) and perhaps connection to user 'projects' who recently scammed and dissapeared around dec 30th of last year noticed.

i dont have interest or time to look properly, but perhaps some who lost funds can start digging.

Pages: « 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 »
  Print  

Jump to: