Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 12:39:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 [190] 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 ... 316 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ixcoin TODO  (Read 631708 times)
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 10:20:57 PM

some alt coin is or has already run out of new coins, what happened to its price?

Was it an alt-coin nearly as secure at Bitcoin and one of the most secure alts on earth?

Was it an alt coin backed by very powerful groups like CEX.io?

Was it an alt coin which had the design and inherent capabilities to resolve all of Bitcoin's problems which will need to be solved very very soon?

If so please point me to this alt coin cause I'd sure love to meet it.

Cheers!

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cinnamon_carter
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2014, 12:36:55 AM

ok i did not know someone had a repo started on 9.2 ---- Thank you very much for pointing it out.

In windoze getblocktemplate is  really not a very important command at all however I feel that a proper release of any program either a coin client or anything else should work ! All commands should work.  Releasing something that does not work happens often but then fixes should be done. One big fustration is when you fix one thing and break something else.  That is why the more people testing and contributing is usually better.

I will certainly check it out , i can build my own 9.2 clients from source for bitcoin should not be much of a change for iX , excited to see it.

This thread is so long it is easy to miss things, and of course if deadsea was on 9.2 and went back down to 8.6 I would have advised him not to go back honestly.....that explains the re indexing due to unspent outputs (spare change lol).

I am going to be busy for a few days but I will fork that repo and check it out when I have time.

Thanks for pointing it out !!

Also to the nay sayers
  , look if you don't like IX or that fact that a few of us are continuing development just go to another thread and do something constructive with your time and posts instead of cluttering up this thread more that it is allready. Let us waste our time (in your eyes)

Vlad should just declare himself the lead dev
.  Lots of other lead devs out there who are not coders in todays environment.

If someone 'new' wanted to get involved into iX coin, how the hell would they know what client to use, where to find it,  what github was the correct one ect Huh

It is confusing even for me and I have been trying to follow along.  A new thread with the latest builds and events in the op may not be a bad idea.

The original creator of this coin seems like a nice guy but has never updated his github in years. You need old tools to compile it. Frictionless source would not compile for me without changes. My fork compiles to a working build of 8.6 (honestly it resembles 8.2 more) but I think it great that someone had the time to do the 9.2 job.

I will need some time to study the code that has been elevated to 9.2

Only 2 coins I know of currently run 9.2 they are bitcoin and riecoin.....

@zebedee - perhaps you should go the cremation route.

small correction to mingw build file, fixed crash of rpc console with getblocktemplate and getwork commands

my unofficial github fork is here

https://github.com/photonproject/iXcoin

here are the changes

https://github.com/photonproject/iXcoin/commit/0b31523fb22c57e4670eac5e60fe3210c7a285b2

windows wallet compiled with open ssl 1.0.1h and it has qr code support

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz8503hoyr74elFYOXpyLVNBSHc/edit?usp=sharing

(note there is one dll file in that 7z file, you may or may not need it depending on which version of windows you run, one machine i tested it on needs it one does not)

I can't wait to see who is going to make the next real moves or what they will be........ 

https://twitter.com/cryptocointalk/status/501135959916691458

Thanks for this effort cinnamon_carter, really like having qr code support in a client.  As your branch here is off the 0.8.6 code from frictionlesscoin & not the 9.2 code base Ahmed_Bodi has created, that source found here:
https://github.com/IXCoin-Dev/IXCoin

Felt it worth pointing out to folks, (aka deadsea33) jumping up and then back down a version while testing different 'ALPHA' client programs, your lucky if all you need to do is a blockchain rescan.

Looked @ your code changes to fix those rpc commands, had not forgotten about that issue cinn, running 9.2 here & just executed the getblocktemplate/getwork commands in the v0.9.2.1-g752ecec-beta client console, they seemed to return good responses, without any errors or a client crash, other than that I've no idea if they are really working as you need, or what source code diff there is between them.

The link to that Win executable is somewhere back in this thread...know he had some units of measurement source changes((mIxc & uIxc) since the last .exe compile, perhaps that fixed and a MAC version would be great, and then also just figured out we need to have an update on the Ixcoin 0.9.2.1 build date, it says July 4th, 2014.

@cinnamon_carter - Was hoping you would look over how the merged mining code in v9.2 'feels' too you, and report back, no offense to Ahmed, the fact he intends on releasing it fully tested and ready to run MM on a major pool is outstanding.  Yet IMO the more understanding eyeballs we get on that section the better for Ixc and many other alts, we need to be able to formulate a proof of the merged mining technique used, perhaps even to save us from the same fate as zebedee...

Where I'm at, is the whole issue of building the Ixcoin executable from scratch, gotta figure that out & then study the critical components and code changes which make that work is going to take me months, call me slow....I'll get there.

GR

Check out my coin Photon
Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/

The obvious choice is not always the best choice.

LOOK DEEPER - Look into the Blake 256 Family -- CC
INSTANTpr

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 12:48:04 AM

ok i did not know someone had a repo started on 9.2 ---- Thank you very much for pointing it out.

In windoze getblocktemplate is  really not a very important command at all however I feel that a proper release of any program either a coin client or anything else should work ! All commands should work.  Releasing something that does not work happens often but then fixes should be done. One big fustration is when you fix one thing and break something else.  That is why the more people testing and contributing is usually better.

I will certainly check it out , i can build my own 9.2 clients from source for bitcoin should not be much of a change for iX , excited to see it.

This thread is so long it is easy to miss things, and of course if deadsea was on 9.2 and went back down to 8.6 I would have advised him not to go back honestly.....that explains the re indexing due to unspent outputs (spare change lol).

I am going to be busy for a few days but I will fork that repo and check it out when I have time.

Thanks for pointing it out !!

Also to the nay sayers
 , look if you don't like IX or that fact that a few of us are continuing development just go to another thread and do something constructive with your time and posts instead of cluttering up this thread more that it is allready. Let us waste our time (in your eyes)

.  Lots of other lead devs out there who are not coders in todays environment.

If someone 'new' wanted to get involved into iX coin, how the hell would they know what client to use, where to find it,  what github was the correct one ect Huh

It is confusing even for me and I have been trying to follow along.  A new thread with the latest builds and events in the op may not be a bad idea.

The original creator of this coin seems like a nice guy but has never updated his github in years. You need old tools to compile it. Frictionless source would not compile for me without changes. My fork compiles to a working build of 8.6 (honestly it resembles 8.2 more) but I think it great that someone had the time to do the 9.2 job.

I will need some time to study the code that has been elevated to 9.2

Only 2 coins I know of currently run 9.2 they are bitcoin and riecoin.....

@zebedee - perhaps you should go the cremation route.

small correction to mingw build file, fixed crash of rpc console with getblocktemplate and getwork commands

my unofficial github fork is here

here are the changes

https://github.com/photonproject/iXcoin/commit/0b31523fb22c57e4670eac5e60fe3210c7a285b2

(note there is one dll file in that 7z file, you may or may not need it depending on which version of windows you run, one machine i tested it on needs it one does not)

I can't wait to see who is going to make the next real moves or what they will be........  

https://twitter.com/cryptocointalk/status/501135959916691458

Thanks for this effort cinnamon_carter, really like having qr code support in a client.  As your branch here is off the 0.8.6 code from frictionlesscoin & not the 9.2 code base Ahmed_Bodi has created, that source found here:
https://github.com/IXCoin-Dev/IXCoin

Felt it worth pointing out to folks, (aka deadsea33) jumping up and then back down a version while testing different 'ALPHA' client programs, your lucky if all you need to do is a blockchain rescan.

Looked @ your code changes to fix those rpc commands, had not forgotten about that issue cinn, running 9.2 here & just executed the getblocktemplate/getwork commands in the v0.9.2.1-g752ecec-beta client console, they seemed to return good responses, without any errors or a client crash, other than that I've no idea if they are really working as you need, or what source code diff there is between them.

The link to that Win executable is somewhere back in this thread...know he had some units of measurement source changes((mIxc & uIxc) since the last .exe compile, perhaps that fixed and a MAC version would be great, and then also just figured out we need to have an update on the Ixcoin 0.9.2.1 build date, it says July 4th, 2014.

@cinnamon_carter - Was hoping you would look over how the merged mining code in v9.2 'feels' too you, and report back, no offense to Ahmed, the fact he intends on releasing it fully tested and ready to run MM on a major pool is outstanding.  Yet IMO the more understanding eyeballs we get on that section the better for Ixc and many other alts, we need to be able to formulate a proof of the merged mining technique used, perhaps even to save us from the same fate as zebedee...

Where I'm at, is the whole issue of building the Ixcoin executable from scratch, gotta figure that out & then study the critical components and code changes which make that work is going to take me months, call me slow....I'll get there.

GR

tl;dr ===> so it sounds like you are making copys of bitcoin nice! so what makes this one so rocking?  Grin
INSTANTpr

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 01:26:42 AM

I made a new version of iXcoin Foundation Website.

Just a draft:

http://ixcoin.wix.com/foundation

I know, I know, it's not a great site.

If you complain about ads, you can check it out from here

http://ixcoinfoundation.altervista.org

I am the one with the funny face... I mean ... the furry one LOL

I am open to any idea (as long as you can pay for it LOL)

looks cool!~any chance you can lend a hand on the BTI foundation site : genesis.foundation

~many thanks!!! #TEAMINSTANT (BTI)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=724101.msg8182011#msg8182011

https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-BTI
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2014, 01:43:28 AM

If someone 'new' wanted to get involved into iX coin, how the hell would they know what client to use, where to find it,  what github was the correct one ect Huh

It is confusing even for me and I have been trying to follow along.  A new thread with the latest builds and events in the op may not be a bad idea.

The original creator of this coin seems like a nice guy but has never updated his github in years.

I agree, we really need to get some things in order.  Way too many iXCoin websites and none are complete and the same goes for github, etc.

I really don't understand how Thomas can hold on to a premine for over 3 years and still care enough to pay out large bounties; then at the same time refuse to be an active participant of the iXcoin community and refuse to update everything properly and in a timely fashion.

I have tried so hard to keep Thomas as lead dev and founder but this is getting absurd.

THOMAS, this will be the final request I make of you.  Please be more active and update everything which needs updating or give full access to whomever you trust; including access to the bounty coins.

I don't care whom you choose to give full access to everything; as long as that person is active and cooperates in a rational manner with everyone involved.

If you continue in this unacceptable, careless manner then I won't have a choice but to cut out everything involving you, given it's all outdated and adds no value but instead adds to the confusion and constant negative criticism.

I really wanted to keep this thread alive since it was started by you and I think that's important but it's becoming painfully obvious that you really do not want to play an active role in this community and nor do you want to cooperate with anyone.

Therefore, bounty coins or not, if we don't get a clear response from you in the next 7 days we will move to separate iXCoin from Thomas Nasakioto and everything associated with his alias.

I really hope to hear back from you and I really hope we can continue having you as iXcoin's founder and lead developer.

Cheers!

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2014, 05:24:33 AM

@Vlad
Thomas will be back, based on his track record at the end of the month. I'm sure he will donate any funds.

@ all
I hereby throw my vote for Vlad to be ixcoin high protectorate. Don't let the trolls derail the conversation

Well, if you think he'll be here at the end of the month then I'm willing to wait until then before doing anything.  Cause I'd rather have him on-board.

And thanks for your vote - it is much appreciated.   Smiley

Edit:   And thanks to Cinnamon as well for her vote of confidence. 

publicjud
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 12:27:28 PM

Have you seen the odd GH/s values on Vircurex?

Bitcoin   200,076,267.9583

Devcoin   86,884,083.1458

Ixcoin   94,800,059.9611

Namecoin   48,213,415.5536

from my experience, Vircurex does not seam very reliable as a GH/s reading...

Join Twetch twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 12:33:41 PM

The original creator of this coin seems like a nice guy but has never updated his github in years.

I agree, we really need to get some things in order.  Way too many iXCoin websites and none are complete and the same goes for github, etc.

I really don't understand how Thomas can hold on to a premine for over 3 years and still care enough to pay out large bounties; then at the same time refuse to be an active participant of the iXcoin community and refuse to update everything properly and in a timely fashion.

I have tried so hard to keep Thomas as lead dev and founder but this is getting absurd.

THOMAS, this will be the final request I make of you.  Please be more active and update everything which needs updating or give full access to whomever you trust; including access to the bounty coins.

I don't care whom you choose to give full access to everything; as long as that person is active and cooperates in a rational manner with everyone involved.

If you continue in this unacceptable, careless manner then I won't have a choice but to cut out everything involving you, given it's all outdated and adds no value but instead adds to the confusion and constant negative criticism.

I really wanted to keep this thread alive since it was started by you and I think that's important but it's becoming painfully obvious that you really do not want to play an active role in this community and nor do you want to cooperate with anyone.

Therefore, bounty coins or not, if we don't get a clear response from you in the next 7 days we will move to separate iXCoin from Thomas Nasakioto and everything associated with his alias.

I really hope to hear back from you and I really hope we can continue having you as iXcoin's founder and lead developer.

Cheers!

I'm really surprised after all this time & after all you have done he is still sitting back doing nothing. The only conclusion I can draw is he sitting back on his premine & waiting for others to increase the price. But then Thomas always was passive from day one...

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
zebedee
Donator

Activity: 668
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 12:54:38 PM

Please [...] give full access to whomever you trust; including access to the bounty coins.
Lol.  Good luck with that.
zebedee
Donator

Activity: 668

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 12:57:18 PM

Blah blah blah
Some of us know you are also Thomas, "oldminer".  Nice of you to show up again.

I think trust of -11 says it all really, about both you and your scam coin.

The impudence to believe you're in the same league as Satoshi is just staggering.
GroundRod

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 07:19:41 PM

@deadsea33 - Saw your foundation and coin webwork, really impressed.... Shocked

For those wondering:
Latest 9.2.1 source and win32 exe:

I reckon now that this is done here is the source so i can show progress:

Github Source: https://github.com/IXCoin-Dev/IXCoin

Windows QT: https://www.dropbox.com/s/743o27bf80g850o/ixcoin-qt-0.9.2.1-win32.zip

Ahmed_bodi finally caused the app to crash.  Thought I would try another test, upgrade the very old xcoin-0.3.24.3 blockchain to the new ixcoin-qt-0.9.2.1 based file system, started ok and I was going to post a positive, then just past block 96120 the app exited with only the Win message that it had terminated.  Problem maybe because of my local files, could someone else test to see if you get a proper wallet & blockchain upgrade directly from 3.x to 9.x??, one that happens from a simple disk reindexing, no redownloading 3 years 14 weeks of blocks, its painful.

Until this is resolved I would recommend that a IxCoin holder First) upgrade the wallet from 3.x to 8.x code, use Cinnamon_carter's latest build or FrictionlessCoin's release worked for me. Second) Install the new ixcoin-qt-0.9.2.1 executable, it will then again run a reindexing & bring the wallet and blockchain files to the 9.2 versions.  Third) If you want to save some disk space, Delete the log files, they will be huge, also you have allot of old database structured files that are no longer needed, and can also be deleted.

Here is the latest 8.x version:

Glad to help out, and thanks so much for your work!
ahmed_bodi

Activity: 518

Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 07:31:15 PM

@deadsea33 - Saw your foundation and coin webwork, really impressed.... Shocked

For those wondering:
Latest 9.2.1 source and win32 exe:

I reckon now that this is done here is the source so i can show progress:

Github Source: https://github.com/IXCoin-Dev/IXCoin

Windows QT: https://www.dropbox.com/s/743o27bf80g850o/ixcoin-qt-0.9.2.1-win32.zip

Ahmed_bodi finally caused the app to crash.  Thought I would try another test, upgrade the very old xcoin-0.3.24.3 blockchain to the new ixcoin-qt-0.9.2.1 based file system, started ok and I was going to post a positive, then just past block 96120 the app exited with only the Win message that it had terminated.  Problem maybe because of my local files, could someone else test to see if you get a proper wallet & blockchain upgrade directly from 3.x to 9.x??, one that happens from a simple disk reindexing, no redownloading 3 years 14 weeks of blocks, its painful.

Until this is resolved I would recommend that a IxCoin holder First) upgrade the wallet from 3.x to 8.x code, use Cinnamon_carter's latest build or FrictionlessCoin's release worked for me. Second) Install the new ixcoin-qt-0.9.2.1 executable, it will then again run a reindexing & bring the wallet and blockchain files to the 9.2 versions.  Third) If you want to save some disk space, Delete the log files, they will be huge, also you have allot of old database structured files that are no longer needed, and can also be deleted.

Here is the latest 8.x version:

Glad to help out, and thanks so much for your work!

Hmmm. I just did a fresh blockchain download which caused no issues for me. My guess is theres something different between the block databases or something

Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.
GroundRod

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 07:45:15 PM

@Vlad
Thomas will be back, based on his track record at the end of the month. I'm sure he will donate any funds.

@ all
I hereby throw my vote for Vlad to be ixcoin high protectorate. Don't let the trolls derail the conversation

Well, if you think he'll be here at the end of the month then I'm willing to wait until then before doing anything.  Cause I'd rather have him on-board.

And thanks for your vote - it is much appreciated.   Smiley

Edit:   And thanks to Cinnamon as well for her vote of confidence. 

Actually I would rather not even have him 'onboard', Thomas obviously was done working on this long ago.  Ahmed_bodi deserves the 50000+ bounty & if Thomas wants to be a benefactor or seller or whatever, I really don't care,  IMO Ahmed_bodi, with a very minimal amount of work will be done with this upgrade & keeping it upgraded is highly likely.  However the term' Lead Developer' covers more than just the code base, I understand that and see deadsea33's contribution to all of this as equally impressive.  Many others too.  Your efforts also really stand out Vlad, it would mean a greater share of your time, if you say: YES.  I'll vote for you, if you want it, if not please step aside so the table is open.  Thomas needs to turn over the keys to the code repository, as to the coins, I can not say, they are his to give or sell.

Pretty simple really,
GR
GroundRod

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 07:49:25 PM

Hmmm. I just did a fresh blockchain download which caused no issues for me. My guess is theres something different between the block databases or something

Ya that ixcoin-0.3.24.3 database structure is really old, I'm betting on it just because of my copy of the blockchain.  I'll fire up the old client and do a fresh copy download here, then try to run the 9.2 executable on top of that and report back here tomorrow or the next day on how it goes....
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2014, 07:58:23 PM

Actually I would rather not even have him 'onboard', Thomas obviously was done working on this long ago.  Ahmed_bodi deserves the 50000+ bounty & if Thomas wants to be a benefactor or seller or whatever, I really don't care,  IMO Ahmed_bodi, with a very minimal amount of work will be done with this upgrade & keeping it upgraded is highly likely.  However the term' Lead Developer' covers more than just the code base, I understand that and see deadsea33's contribution to all of this as equally impressive.  Many others too.  Your efforts also really stand out Vlad, it would mean a greater share of your time, if you say: YES.  I'll vote for you, if you want it, if not please step aside so the table is open.  Thomas needs to turn over the keys to the code repository, as to the coins, I can not say, they are his to give or sell.

Pretty simple really,
GR

Firstly, Thomas is not a programmer - well, I think he is [a great programmer] but he pretends he is not so then, obviously, Ahmed is our go to coder - that will not change regardless of what Thomas chooses to do.

Secondly, Thomas is the founder of this coin and he has done something few devs have ever done:  Keep his word.  He promised the premine was for bounties and even 3 years later he is still paying them out.

To me that means a lot.  A whole lot.

As a result, I put up with his flaky behavior even though it drives me crazy and I hope he decides to take an active role.  And if he doesn't then we will separate iXCoin away from him on every level but for his integrity and honesty I would prefer to have him onboard.

Also, that bounty does NOT belong to Thomas - it was premined for the community, for iXCoin, with only a portion of it going to insiders - the founder(s).  That said, it belongs to us, to the future of iXCoin.  Thomas can choose to sell it for personal gain and depending on how I feel and how rich I get I may or may not hunt him down for it on legal grounds.

Finally, if Thomas does not choose to take an active role or hand over full access to someone by the 1st of September, then I will take the position of Lead Developer and we will take all the steps necessary to become independent and remove all of this confusion associated with Thomas and all the various multiple accounts and websites.

Thomas, I hope you find the time to fully commit to iXcoin.

Regards...

GroundRod

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 11:15:52 PM

Ixcoin network is really humming along today, although Ixcoin data files only takes ~600MB of diskspace, had to scramble to get more C: space, 90+% of the blockchain downloaded, using the old 3.x client.  Might be able to give this double version upgrade in one jump, another try l8r....

@Vlad2Vlad - Ok understanding the history better, yet IMO what another man does with his private keys is not any of my business.  They are Thomas's property to do with as he/she sees fit, if you have some kinda agreement, let us know publicly, when your able.

....any chance you can lend a hand on the BTI foundation site : genesis.foundation

@INSTANTpr - Interesting what your doing, my hope is we can keep deadsea33 focused on Ixcoin Wink.  Also the (POD)eveloper folks have an interesting solution, it's becoming clear to me that its the miners whom are becoming the dev/coders of note in this industry, perhaps it's a natural coin evolution thingy....

Having foundation(s) and/or Proof Of sites which expose individual identity/liability as well as those offering resources in good faith, all sound like a win-win for new ideas to develop.  Wish you the best!

Few coins, other than Ixcoin, have the history to speak for themselves, with over 3 years of blockchain, Ixcoin is and always has been BitCoin w/only a small twist, so soon only transaction fees will be awarded & what do we see?  Multiple miners stepping up to the plate, what does that tell you?  They must be sayin 'We'll take that money and move your blocks and hash that coin.  As the fiat equivalent value skyrocket in bitcoin fees to send a transaction, we'll see an increase here too, maybe even a competitive state where Ixcoin transaction fees are quite volatile, my bet though is that we'll still be sending coins around, and for a fraction of the cost of a bitcoin fee.  And Ixcoin's trade value?  Pretty sure it will be a *wild ass* ride!  Come join us!

If anything additionally can be coded I would vote for this: A dynamic transaction fee calculation engine & user interface to support it:

I'm not mining @ the moment, so don't lump me in that camp, yet I'm also not in favor of changing anything about the code for Ixcoin, other than what is required to be equal to Bitcoin.  It follows in Thomas's footsteps philosophically .  Easy upkeep.  At least for right now.  Lets get that right.  The counterparty stuff looks interesting, yet if any additional code work should be done, it's to more easily cancel a coin send attempt.  Those sends which fail, most likely will happen more frequently because the transaction fee(offered) is to low, no miner will process the block for me, those days are coming IMO, and we should put in better solutions for it, now if possible.

So Help me out here, maybe this is already a non-issue and/or solved.

Why is there no <cancel> button for a send?

Making this 'Not so Scary' for new coin holders asking:  What if my transaction doesn't go through? Will I loss my money?

Seems having such a thing could help Ixc allot.

So, how I understand this:  The <cancel> button problem isn't really all that easy to solve, it would require at least *some* number of block times has elapsed, if no miner ever builds a block with that transaction in it (the one you want to cancel), it never leaves the wallet for the blockchain, only then could the wallet software return your funds and allow you try to send the transaction again, with a higher transaction fee & hopefully so that at least one miner agrees to except that payload price.

Just an idea...

GR
cinnamon_carter
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 12:26:25 AM

for those upgrading from an old wallet without level db support (before 8.x) I would just make a backup (always) of your wallet before trying 9.2

I have not had a chance to build it and try it yet , is on my list of things to do.....

To the person asking for a button to return your coins to you after you hit the send button prior to a certain number of confirms , once the coins are actually 'sent' (nothing is actually sent other than information but we will stick with the analogy) it is a done deal. Period.

The entire code base of bitcoin is designed to prevent double spending !! (obviously iX and many other coins based on this too)

What you are asking for is contrary to the whole system.

I suggest reading these two links about double spending to shine more light on what may be obvious to me and others who are more familiar with how bitcoin actually works but I realize a majority of people really don't know how it works..........

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/239bj1/doublespending_unconfirmed_transactions_is_a_lot/

http://codinginmysleep.com/bitcoin-attacks-in-plain-english/

Check out my coin Photon
Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/

The obvious choice is not always the best choice.

LOOK DEEPER - Look into the Blake 256 Family -- CC
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 12:34:11 AM

I'm really surprised after all this time & after all you have done he is still sitting back doing nothing. The only conclusion I can draw is he sitting back on his premine & waiting for others to increase the price. But then Thomas always was passive from day one...

Hey, what do you make of it?  Why would someone who doesn't appear to care about a coin and actually abandoned it for nearly 2 years hold on to a premine [for over 3 years] worth a lot of Bitcoins and still pays out large bounties 3 years later?

Why???

Why would anyone do that while appearing to not care about what's supposedly nothing more than a copy and paste CrapCoin?

This Zebedee guy acts like he knows something but he can't even come up with a single plausible theory so I'm hoping someone can shed some light on this impossibility.

Cause the only thing I can think of is that he's either nuts or there is some sort of premeditated plan for IXC.  Cause nothing else makes sense - especially not the theory that he cares about IXC; that's clearly not possible.

Cheers!

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 12:39:48 AM
Last edit: August 20, 2014, 12:50:51 AM by Vlad2Vlad

Some of us know you are also Thomas, "oldminer".  Nice of you to show up again.

I think trust of -11 says it all really, about both you and your scam coin.

The impudence to believe you're in the same league as Satoshi is just staggering.

The guy [oldminer] has a GREEN +8 rating so I'm not sure your sight is any better than your logic.

Secondly, this is the 4th time I'm asking you this same question but it's obvious you haven't a clue.

Why would a scammer hold on to a large premine for over 3 years and STILL pay out, 3 years later, large bounties?

Cause if that's a scammer I'd like to be on more of his projects given few to no devs with premines this valuable have ever had a single coin left over 3 months later, let alone 3 years later.

I'll be waiting for your explanation which I know will not come.  I hope you at least get your eyesight looked at [while you wait for your logic to kick in].  Haha!

Cheers!

GroundRod

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 03:00:46 AM

for those upgrading from an old wallet without level db support (before 8.x) I would just make a backup (always) of your wallet before trying 9.2

I have not had a chance to build it and try it yet , is on my list of things to do.....
Understand & thankyou, that is very short & simple advice for those upgrading the Ixcoin wallet.  I've been testing the different ways today & will report more below.  From what I can tell, the wallet.dat file can be copied into any of the different builds and works just fine.  No coins have ever been lost by me, always backup.

To the person asking for a button to return your coins to you after you hit the send button prior to a certain number of confirms , once the coins are actually 'sent' (nothing is actually sent other than information but we will stick with the analogy) it is a done deal. Period.

The entire code base of bitcoin is designed to prevent double spending !! (obviously iX and many other coins based on this too)

What you are asking for is contrary to the whole system.
That would be me, understand what your saying, was attempting to think out of the box, to that day in the near future, when Ixcoin no longer has any mined coins, only transaction fees.  Pretty sure the premise I was attempting to make, is not contrary to the whole system, if I'm wrong please help me to understand.  Imagine the transaction fee you offer while sending a payment is not excepted by any miner.  What then?  Your send will never get even 1 confirm.  What does a noob have to do in order to deal with this in todays environment?  I've a pretty good idea, but never actually had to contend with the problem, so yes I'm arguing that it is not a done deal when you click send, until a miner excepts it. 

There needs to be 'some' way out there for users to ascertain what fee will likely get a confirm, preferably before they click send, code needs to be in the client (somehow), either as a list before sending (based on current tx fees offered by a group of miners) or how else will anyone ever send anything when suddenly the Tx fee jumps to 0.1 IXC or more?  A user is left with testing higher and higher fees, by manual trial and error, having long periods of waiting in between, and fixing files from backups...etc  Too painful to ever use.

It's not a double spend problem, its a try to spend once problem.

I suggest reading these two links about double spending to shine more light on what may be obvious to me and others who are more familiar with how bitcoin actually works but I realize a majority of people really don't know how it works..........

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/239bj1/doublespending_unconfirmed_transactions_is_a_lot/
http://codinginmysleep.com/bitcoin-attacks-in-plain-english/

Will do just that, thanks for the links cinnamon, I'm sure my understanding of those topics can & will be improved.

Update on my testing, I'll try very hard to be brief...

This is for coin holders still running Thomas's final client release back in '11...aka: ixcoin-0.3.24.3-win32

Today I got a clean download of the blockchain using that client, and transferred a small amount of coin into it, so it had one transaction.  Backed everything up and proceeded to attempt various upgrades to it.  To my dismay, both ahmed_bodi 9.2 & cinnamon_carter's 8 builds crashed after a short while, never in the same place & I've been looking at logs and tested it a couple of different ways, then decided it wasn't really that important, because when I tried FrictionlessCoin's executable, it worked flawlessly the first time and reindexed all the blocks from disk, right up until today with no problem.  You are left with nearly a 1GB of 'junk' files from the 'old days', but it worked.  Then I applied ahmed_bodi 9.2 executable to those files and it instantly popped up without any re-indexing on disk or any other download, the client was ready to go.  Wallet has the small amount of coin in it, tomorrow I'll do some more testing with sending/receiving, but everything looks good to go, and there is an upgrade path for those of you that haven't checked in for 2 or 3 years.  Credit to FrictionlessCoin for making this possible.

GR
Pages: « 1 ... 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 [190] 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 ... 316 »
  Print  

Jump to: