Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 07:49:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 130 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] VLB - The Ultimate Blockchain Fuel for the Vehicle Lifecycle Industy  (Read 49099 times)
greatteager

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 09:02:34 PM

found short VLB video review, maybe it will be interesting too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rx9tYhdQFHw
Thanks for the review, very useful video for getting acquainted with the project. Still need to record a video with the devs.
CryptoEucalipto

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 09:06:45 PM

Why are you promoting yourself everywhere as the first one who came up with this idea, if there are already guys who started the idea to store vin numbers in blockchain back in September. They are called vinchain. Their first message was on 26th of September. You can check this bitcointalk thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2208708.0 and English bitcointalk thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2349186.0.all

It aims to create a blockchain passport for every cars, good. However VLB is more complex, it integrates, after market spare parts and insurance for example and they will have own blockchain and they've a working company already, CarFix. Vinchain is going to work on ETH blockchain, I'm ok with it but the difference is that if ETH has a problem even Vinchain will have it

How do you know that vinchain is on Ethereum blockchain? I haven't found it anywhere
https://icobench.com/ico/vinchain/team

on the right side: Platform: Ethereum
They are most likely listed Ethereum in the ico calendar as a platform for raising funds. Ethereum is not mentioned in vinchain whitepaper
Jay2408

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 09:07:39 PM

Thanks for the review, very useful video for getting acquainted with the project. Still need to record a video with the devs.

You apparently missed this video with the two founders. Btw, just saw that it already has more than 100k views, not bad!

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
loup

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 09:11:59 PM

Sorry could you tell me wher can I find the required minimun investment? If true that is 100 eth I think is big for start. Probably i will wait until the ICO wher I guess that the minimun would be much lower.
Let me clarify. The minimum investment of 100ETH is only for the pre-sale which takes place from 22nd Nov till 27th Nov. From 27th of November there is ICO where the minimum investment is 1ETH.

Pre-sale (minimum investment 100ETH):
Nov 22 noon UTC - Nov 27 noon UTC: 1ETH = 910VLB (40% bonus)
ICO (minimum investment 1ETH)
Nov 27 noon UTC - Dec 2 noon UTC: 1ETH = 845VLB (30% bonus)
Dec 2 noon UTC - Dec 7 noon UTC: 1ETH = 780VLB (20% bonus)
Dec 7 noon UTC - Dec 12 noon UTC: 1ETH = 715VLB (10% bonus)
Dec 12 noon UTC - Dec 17 noon UTC: 1ETH = 650VLB (no bonus)
Thanks for the info. Now everithing is clear for me.
belechau

Activity: 686

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 09:19:04 PM

Sorry could you tell me wher can I find the required minimun investment? If true that is 100 eth I think is big for start. Probably i will wait until the ICO wher I guess that the minimun would be much lower.
Let me clarify. The minimum investment of 100ETH is only for the pre-sale which takes place from 22nd Nov till 27th Nov. From 27th of November there is ICO where the minimum investment is 1ETH.

Pre-sale (minimum investment 100ETH):
Nov 22 noon UTC - Nov 27 noon UTC: 1ETH = 910VLB (40% bonus)
ICO (minimum investment 1ETH)
Nov 27 noon UTC - Dec 2 noon UTC: 1ETH = 845VLB (30% bonus)
Dec 2 noon UTC - Dec 7 noon UTC: 1ETH = 780VLB (20% bonus)
Dec 7 noon UTC - Dec 12 noon UTC: 1ETH = 715VLB (10% bonus)
Dec 12 noon UTC - Dec 17 noon UTC: 1ETH = 650VLB (no bonus)
Thanks for the info. Now everithing is clear for me.
Well designed script and a good attraction for many to join early, although we know that, even at a lower discount, many wait until the final hours for a better analysis
Cauchy

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 09:19:15 PM

Thanks for sharing this!
cmg12

Activity: 280
Merit: 106

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 09:31:21 PM

According to the whitepaper, the biggest cost savings comes from warranty costs due to poor dealer / repair shop management and processes. It refers to this web page:

http://www.warrantyweek.com/archive/ww20160107.html

That is quite a puzzling article, at least for me as an outsider of the automotive warranty industry. How does it explain customers are overpaying for warranty due to poor dealer / repair shop management and processes?

I don't understand it too, however it's true that there's no trasparency about the spare parts market, as far as we know a repair shop can put in your car second handed spare parts and you can do nothing about it
This is our blockchain about, you will definitely know that the part installed in your car wasn't in use. If it was it will be written in the blockchain.

I still do not understand the relation between that article and the 105 USD too high warranty costs per customer. There is nothing about repair shops defrauding with spare parts in the article.
Information about every spare part sold will be written in the blockchain, for example, if you bring your car to the service to change brakes, the supply writes info about that they sold brakes to your car service (with part number), car service writes the date about brakes were installed on your car. So you can be sure it is the new brakes and not the used ones cause there's information about them written in the blockchain.
I've got one question - is this system able to check for duplicates in blockchain? I mean that one mechanic could scam client and install used part instead of original and then install this original part in another vehicle
Every detail has a number, the mechanic will not risk substituting the details, this fraud will become known.
There are many greedy people who only want to make a quick buck even if this is done by doing something illegal
Rigorous

Activity: 574
Merit: 115

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 09:43:46 PM

Every detail has a number, the mechanic will not risk substituting the details, this fraud will become known.

I did not even think about that. There is a psychological effect, the feeling of being watched, that can prevent the thought of trying to fraud in the first place.
SEELE^^01

Activity: 952
Merit: 137

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 09:49:37 PM

nice video, and so many follower Oo" already, not a tiny youtuber Smiley

thanks for sharing this with us Smiley
Trrrt

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 10:02:59 PM

The visibility of VLB continue to raise, its very nice, the community is really supportive and a lot of people are interested about the project and want to join. I think VLB has a big potential for the future, VLB can become very huge.
SEELE^^01

Activity: 952
Merit: 137

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 10:06:45 PM

The visibility of VLB continue to raise, its very nice, the community is really supportive and a lot of people are interested about the project and want to join. I think VLB has a big potential for the future, VLB can become very huge.

thats because carfix is not a small number in that sector. it is obviously spreading awareness for the project alone with the carfix name on it and ppl want to know more about it. since there is such a name behind, chances of failure are smaller as in other non known projects without a known businessname.
iad_xo

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 10:07:49 PM

community seems to be growing each day. Love this concept since fix real life issues. glad to see blockchain can solve this kind of issues.
sockpuppet1911

Activity: 994
Merit: 278

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 10:16:25 PM

community seems to be growing each day. Love this concept since fix real life issues. glad to see blockchain can solve this kind of issues.

One of the main questions i ask my self before investing in ICO is "Is it going to solve a problem that exist?". And because VLB does, i am in.
Elkmar

Activity: 294

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 10:18:10 PM

Automate Car Maintenance now. We coming soon with new Service on the Blockchain  Wink

It will take a lot of years before being adopted and massively used.

It's like seeing prototypes of what will be done in the future.

even though it's going to take time, I still love the direction. hope more projects like this step up to ensure competition in this space.

It's sure that projects like this are needed, lot of risks but lot of potential.
Amelie Poulain

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 10:18:37 PM

you very correctly noticed, blockchain technology gradually improves our lives, and it's great. I think VLB project will find its audience among many others
loup

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 10:24:54 PM

Automate Car Maintenance now. We coming soon with new Service on the Blockchain  Wink

even though it's going to take time, I still love the direction. hope more projects like this step up to ensure competition in this space.

It's sure that projects like this are needed, lot of risks but lot of potential.
I agree there are not many projects like this and is going to take time for technological change occurs but I think that we are seeing the beggining of the future.
greatteager

Activity: 420

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 10:29:29 PM

I agree there are not many projects like this and is going to take time for technological change occurs but I think that we are seeing the beggining of the future.
Undoubtedly interesting and the first project in this industry, there are all chances to become a leader in the future, the car market is huge.
belechau

Activity: 686

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 10:40:51 PM

According to the whitepaper, the biggest cost savings comes from warranty costs due to poor dealer / repair shop management and processes. It refers to this web page:

http://www.warrantyweek.com/archive/ww20160107.html

That is quite a puzzling article, at least for me as an outsider of the automotive warranty industry. How does it explain customers are overpaying for warranty due to poor dealer / repair shop management and processes?

I don't understand it too, however it's true that there's no trasparency about the spare parts market, as far as we know a repair shop can put in your car second handed spare parts and you can do nothing about it
This is our blockchain about, you will definitely know that the part installed in your car wasn't in use. If it was it will be written in the blockchain.

I still do not understand the relation between that article and the 105 USD too high warranty costs per customer. There is nothing about repair shops defrauding with spare parts in the article.
Information about every spare part sold will be written in the blockchain, for example, if you bring your car to the service to change brakes, the supply writes info about that they sold brakes to your car service (with part number), car service writes the date about brakes were installed on your car. So you can be sure it is the new brakes and not the used ones cause there's information about them written in the blockchain.
I've got one question - is this system able to check for duplicates in blockchain? I mean that one mechanic could scam client and install used part instead of original and then install this original part in another vehicle
The users' interest in this project shows us how promising this segment is and how valuable its application will be, in fact many questions to be asked, especially regarding fraud control, we must be attentive to these opinions to correct and close the loopholes possible in the project. But I congratulate you for the support and mastery of the concept
lobat999

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 11:08:28 PM

Do you know that according to statistics most of car owners have no idea what they pay for at service centers? Cointelegraph.com spotted how VLB Token is going to change the situation: https://cointelegraph.com/news/vehicle-lifecycle-blockchain-can-save-you-from-inflated-garage-bills

Excellent article, same goes for the Forbes one.

Nice. This will greatly benefit the clueless car owners with significant savings and at the same time it will deter service centers in making costly bills to its customers. Smiley
toolucky98

Activity: 490

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 11:30:28 PM

Undoubtedly interesting and the first project in this industry, there are all chances to become a leader in the future, the car market is huge.
Yes , not only car, all vehicle.
And there will always be a new innovation about vehicle.
Huge industry
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 130 »
  Print  

Jump to: