Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 11:52:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What feature you want to see next?
auto tune each mining board - 45 (35.7%)
3 profile switch support (low noise, normal, high performance mode) - 13 (10.3%)
day / night speed schedule - 10 (7.9%)
pool balance / quota option - 9 (7.1%)
v2 configurable reboot on low hashrate / HW errors - 16 (12.7%)
DONE: cgminer v4.10 update - 4 (3.2%)
miner shutdown (+ on high temps) - 11 (8.7%)
better pool management - 9 (7.1%)
DONE:better awesome miner compatibility - 3 (2.4%)
move FAN settings to advanced page - 2 (1.6%)
<your idea> - 4 (3.2%)
Total Voters: 126

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer D3 Blissz firmware (10/12 v1.12 update)  (Read 125855 times)
fecell

Activity: 135
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 04:48:05 AM
Last edit: November 24, 2017, 07:02:03 AM by fecell

Can this firmware set zero RPM for both fans (power off fans)?
dottat

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 04:54:44 AM

Really need to make dev pool NOT run immediately after start. Makes troubleshooting pool settings REALLY difficult.  Just wasted a ton of time at my expense just trying to get some pools configured.

Take that into account in next update now that it's been mentioned a couple times please!
Dmitriy2k17

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 04:55:36 AM

https://s7.postimg.org/4feok34bf/IMG_20171124_093208_231.jpg

Hi blissz!

Auto reboot does not work
phila

Activity: 30

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 07:22:06 AM

Hi blissz,  firmware made a big difference to my temps and the noise reduction is God sent thank you, but then at random one of my d3's was overheating 100 degrees+.   I noticed the fan speed being around 2000rpm instead of 3800-4500rpm.

I flashed official bitmain firmware on that machine then few hours later one of the other d3's did the same after a network interruption and coming back online again that machine also stuck at around 2000rpm resulting in 100 degrees+ and super high hardware errors.  

Please look into this issue as the firmware really makes a difference, but is not worth the risk if the fan gets stuck at 2000rpm.  The red light on the machine flashes instead of the green when this happens.

Rebooting fixes the stuck 2000rpm fan issue temporarily.  It will happen on any of the fan profiles as well as when I set a custom fan speed of 50%.  It seems it might have something to do with when the fan speeds are suppose to spin up loud at startup, since it's quiet at startup now I think it gets stuck there and never ramps up again to the desired fanspeed but stays stuck at that 2000rpm mark.  

Havs anyone else encountered this?
https://imgur.com/a/x4v4G
ruptan

Activity: 491
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 07:34:06 AM

Hi blissz,  firmware made a big difference to my temps and the noise reduction is God sent thank you, but then at random one of my d3's was overheating 100 degrees+.   I noticed the fan speed being around 2000rpm instead of 3800-4500rpm.

I flashed official bitmain firmware on that machine then few hours later one of the other d3's did the same after a network interruption and coming back online again that machine also stuck at around 2000rpm resulting in 100 degrees+ and super high hardware errors.  

Please look into this issue as the firmware really makes a difference, but is not worth the risk if the fan gets stuck at 2000rpm.  The red light on the machine flashes instead of the green when this happens.

Rebooting fixes the stuck 2000rpm fan issue temporarily.  It will happen on any of the fan profiles as well as when I set a custom fan speed of 50%.  It seems it might have something to do with when the fan speeds are suppose to spin up loud at startup, since it's quiet at startup now I think it gets stuck there and never ramps up again to the desired fanspeed but stays stuck at that 2000rpm mark.  

You should try Zpool or multipool or NichHash to get better ROI by the look of your image I see. Thanks

BitSend ◢◤Clients | Source
www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Segwit | Core 0.14 | Masternodes
XEVAN | DK3 | Electrum soon
Bitcore - BTX/BTC -Project

BSD -USDT | Bittrex | C.Gather | S.Exchange
Cryptopia | NovaExchange | Livecoin
Litebit.eu | Faucet | Bitsend Airdrop

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
DragosD1

Activity: 89

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 08:39:40 AM

Yes, same here, and I also think I fried 4 chips....
one board shows constantly 56 chips...
blissz (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 258

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 08:45:59 AM

That's annoying I am going to look into this. can you show me the minerstatus web interface if that occurs? It might give me some info what's going on on your side
edit: the kernel log is really useful too, please pm me the info so I can fix this. Thanks!
DragosD1

Activity: 89

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 08:49:21 AM

Really need to make dev pool NOT run immediately after start. Makes troubleshooting pool settings REALLY difficult.  Just wasted a ton of time at my expense just trying to get some pools configured.

Take that into account in next update now that it's been mentioned a couple times please!

Yes, I subscribe to that, let us test the settings a bit.
Start dev fee after 5 minutes or 10 minutes. Nobody will reset every 10 minutes just not to pay the fee...
blissz (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 08:53:42 AM

Yes, I subscribe to that, let us test the settings a bit.
Start dev fee after 5 minutes or 10 minutes. Nobody will reset every 10 minutes just not to pay the fee...

I agree, so I will delay it a bit.
stugots2

Activity: 224
Merit: 102

Too Many Miners Not Enough Electricity

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 01:00:03 PM

You should try Zpool or multipool or NichHash to get better ROI by the look of your image I see. Thanks

I mine at ANTpool ONLY because they give a reward for finding a block and they are not THAT much lower daily payout (however they are lower)
uipaymentreview

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 01:23:34 PM

What is the name of this software on your screenshot? thank you
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3500
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2017, 01:35:45 PM

btw, your poll is locked so no one can vote Smiley

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
caliel

Activity: 13

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 02:18:40 PM

I've seen similar issues too.  I've had a board peg to a random 100+ degree in the 'silent' profile with all of the settings down low (e.g. 400 freq, 11 volts).  The other two boards are at like 70 degrees.. but the third is 105+.  Its scary and I think the fans should be kicking into higher RPMs when 90 degrees is exceeded.
blissz (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 02:23:13 PM

I've seen similar issues too.  I've had a board peg to a random 100+ degree in the 'silent' profile with all of the settings down low (e.g. 400 freq, 11 volts).  The other two boards are at like 70 degrees.. but the third is 105+.  Its scary and I think the fans should be kicking into higher RPMs when 90 degrees is exceeded.

Thanks for this, I've seen it once before. I know  where it comes from. The displayed Temperature is incorrect, so nothing to worry, but I will solve it in the next version
blissz (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 02:23:46 PM

btw, your poll is locked so no one can vote Smiley

haha oops, I thought nobody cared Wink
hta

Activity: 261
Merit: 6

A happy family is but an earlier heaven!

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 02:39:42 PM
Last edit: November 24, 2017, 03:57:26 PM by hta

Hi Blissz,

Automatic restart did not run, although I have ticked: Automatic Reboot on low hashrate detection

LEARN FROM YESTERDAY, LIVE FOR TODAY, HOPE FOR TOMORROW. THE IMPORTANT IS NOT TO STOP QUESTIONING (ALBERT EINSTEIN)
Xjkeee

Activity: 8

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 02:40:09 PM

and you saw that there was a new firmware 20.11.2017
tperalta82

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 02:47:58 PM

now anyone can recompile cgminer for me .. from bitmain ghithub dash miner wit this mod chance xcoin.c in groest.c (delete xcoin.c and rename groest.c in xcoin.c)
wasting time. read basic of programming.
groest.c used in xcoin.c and can't work else.

thans but already have that , that not the hexa file for programmer
are U sure?
Code:
#define PIC16F1704_PROGRAM_NEW                      "/sbin/pic.txt"
Code:
int PIC1704_update_pic_app_program_new(void)
{
    unsigned char program_data[5000] = {0};
    FILE * pic_program_file;
    unsigned int filesize = 0,i=0,j;
    unsigned char data_read[5]= {0,0,0,0,'\0'}, buf[16]= {0};
    unsigned int data_int = 0;
    struct stat statbuff;
    unsigned char start_addr_h = PIC_FLASH_POINTER_START_ADDRESS_H_NEW, start_addr_l = PIC_FLASH_POINTER_START_ADDRESS_L_NEW;
    unsigned char end_addr_h = PIC_FLASH_POINTER_END_ADDRESS_H, end_addr_l = PIC_FLASH_POINTER_END_ADDRESS_L;
    unsigned int pic_flash_length=0;
    int ret=0;

applog(LOG_NOTICE,"%s", __FUNCTION__);

// read upgrade file first, if it is wrong, don't erase pic, but just return;
    pic_program_file = fopen(PIC16F1704_PROGRAM_NEW, "r");
    if(!pic_program_file)
    {
        applog(LOG_ERR,"%s: open pic16f1704_app_new.txt failed\n", __FUNCTION__);
        return;
    }
    fseek(pic_program_file,0,SEEK_SET);
    memset(program_data, 0x0, 5000);

pic_flash_length = (((unsigned int)end_addr_h << 8) + end_addr_l) - (((unsigned int)start_addr_h << 8) + start_addr_l) + 1;
    applog(LOG_NOTICE,"%s: pic_flash_length = %d\n", __FUNCTION__, pic_flash_length);

for(i=0; i<pic_flash_length; i++)
    {
        fgets(data_read, MAX_CHAR_NUM - 1, pic_program_file);
        //printf("data_read[0]=%c, data_read[1]=%c, data_read[2]=%c, data_read[3]=%c\n", data_read[0], data_read[1], data_read[2], data_read[3]);
        data_int = strtoul(data_read, NULL, 16);
        //printf("data_int = 0x%04x\n", data_int);
        program_data[2*i + 0] = (unsigned char)((data_int >> 8) & 0x000000ff);
        program_data[2*i + 1] = (unsigned char)(data_int & 0x000000ff);
        //printf("program_data[%d]=0x%02x, program_data[%d]=0x%02x\n\n", 2*i + 0, program_data[2*i + 0], 2*i + 1, program_data[2*i + 1]);
    }

fclose(pic_program_file);

// after read upgrade file correct, erase pic
    ret = reset_PIC16F1704_pic_new();
    if(ret == 0)
    {
        applog(LOG_ERR,"%s: reset pic error!\n\n", __FUNCTION__);
        return 0;
    }

ret = erase_PIC16F1704_app_flash_new();
    if(ret == 0)
    {
        applog(LOG_ERR,"%s: erase flash error!\n\n", __FUNCTION__);
        return 0;
    }

ret = set_PIC16F1704_flash_pointer_new(PIC_FLASH_POINTER_START_ADDRESS_H_NEW, PIC_FLASH_POINTER_START_ADDRESS_L_NEW);
    if(ret == 0)
    {
        applog(LOG_ERR,"%s: set flash pointer error!\n\n", __FUNCTION__);
        return 0;
    }

for(i=0; i<pic_flash_length/PIC_FLASH_SECTOR_LENGTH*4; i++)
    {
        memcpy(buf, program_data+i*16, 16);
        /**/
        applog(LOG_NOTICE,"send pic program time: %d",i);
        for(j=0; j<16; j++)
        {
            applog(LOG_DEBUG,"buf[%d] = 0x%02x", j, *(buf+j));
        }

send_data_to_PIC16F1704_new(buf);
        write_data_into_PIC16F1704_flash_new();
    }

ret = reset_PIC16F1704_pic_new();
    if(ret == 0)
    {
        applog(LOG_ERR,"%s: reset pic error!\n\n", __FUNCTION__);
        return 0;
    }

return 1;
}

The only way to see if this works, would be to make a dump of the pic directly on a programmer, and try to disassemble the hex into ASM.

Any godly developers?
Saverioapple

Activity: 9

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 03:39:42 PM

Someone know how to open the cgminer file in the D3 firmware?
deathless

Activity: 18

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 03:51:54 PM

What is the name of this software on your screenshot? thank you
Its Awesome Miner
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 126 »
  Print  

Jump to: