Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 10:59:01 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What feature you want to see next?
auto tune each mining board - 45 (35.7%)
3 profile switch support (low noise, normal, high performance mode) - 13 (10.3%)
day / night speed schedule - 10 (7.9%)
pool balance / quota option - 9 (7.1%)
v2 configurable reboot on low hashrate / HW errors - 16 (12.7%)
DONE: cgminer v4.10 update - 4 (3.2%)
miner shutdown (+ on high temps) - 11 (8.7%)
better pool management - 9 (7.1%)
DONE:better awesome miner compatibility - 3 (2.4%)
move FAN settings to advanced page - 2 (1.6%)
<your idea> - 4 (3.2%)
Total Voters: 126

Pages: « 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer D3 Blissz firmware (10/12 v1.12 update)  (Read 125826 times)
-droid-
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 08:35:29 PM

man ive got 2 units doing the same thing (one board on each unit gone and log shows 0 asics)

i had this issue a few weeks ago on another board and I sent it to the US facility and got it back repaired.. but now a different board is gone on each unit LOL

and the board I got sent back has missing o's ( 9 to be exact) so instead of like

oooooooo oooooooo
it shows
oooooooo oooo

great repair service  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

.. so now ill attempt to send the hash boards that are now disapearing and see what happens.. not sure if i should send back the one with missing chips AGAIN

Shocked geeze...that sucks. Was it Bitmainwarranty.com that you sent it to? Also, did you go through Bitmain's ticket/support system and then they told you to ship it there, or you just paid to have the US facility fix it since shipping to and from China would take too long?

open repair with bitmain, for US customers you ship to their US facility in CA
david916

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 08:42:06 PM

man ive got 2 units doing the same thing (one board on each unit gone and log shows 0 asics) i had this issue a few weeks ago on another board and I sent it to the US facility and got it back repaired.. but now a different board is gone on each unit LOL and the board I got sent back has missing o's ( 9 to be exact) so instead of like
oooooooo oooooooo
it shows
oooooooo oooo
.. so now ill attempt to send the hash boards that are now disapearing and see what happens.. not sure if i should send back the one with missing chips AGAIN
Shocked geeze...that sucks. Was it Bitmainwarranty.com that you sent it to? Also, did you go through Bitmain's ticket/support system and then they told you to ship it there, or you just paid to have the US facility fix it since shipping to and from China would take too long?
The posts don’t mention how long it took for a fix.  That’s the concern.  There is a cost benefit analysis to be done based on the severity of the problem and time for the unit to return fixed, regardless of where it was fixed.
UnluckyD3Miner

Activity: 8

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 08:46:05 PM

Thanks! I'm glad having it repaired in the US is an option. That should save enough on shipping costs to make it worthwhile to get it fixed. About how long did it take to get back?
-droid-
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 08:51:35 PM

Thanks! I'm glad having it repaired in the US is an option. That should save enough on shipping costs to make it worthwhile to get it fixed. About how long did it take to get back?

takes a couple weeks
cumbrian-miner

Activity: 9

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 09:33:21 PM

hello there,
I am mining from zpool stratum+tcp://x11.mine.zpool.ca:3533 adress.
After than a few hours of working it says "dead". an switching to my second pool which is antpool.
I was never faced this kind of "dead" status when i was working with stock firmware. any comment?

Thanks
TG

Zpool has been up and down recently. They have been 'upgrading' their machines. The site can be down for a few hours at a time.
dlezama

Activity: 140
Merit: 17

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 09:37:13 PM

takes a couple weeks
Warranty repair? Did you have to ship the entire unit? I'm trying my luck with bitmainwarranty for my broken board, dealing with bitmain is so hard.
-droid-
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 09:48:12 PM

takes a couple weeks
Warranty repair? Did you have to ship the entire unit? I'm trying my luck with bitmainwarranty for my broken board, dealing with bitmain is so hard.

no after emailing barbara she walked me through the process of shipping the individual board
dlezama

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 09:50:04 PM

takes a couple weeks

no after emailing barbara she walked me through the process of shipping the individual board
Weird, their website says the entire unit needs to be sent. Who is barbara and how did you get her contact info?
Bulleit

Activity: 9

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 09:53:15 PM

I haven't had a chance to set up my D3 yet(Nov 21 batch). How difficult is it to flash the firmware? Anyone have a video guide or further explanation on necessary steps to complete it. The BlissZ looks to be a necessity for hosting a miner in the house. The wattage and noise reduction is enough.
-droid-
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 10:01:09 PM

takes a couple weeks

Weird, their website says the entire unit needs to be sent. Who is barbara and how did you get her contact info?

shes their tech support person that replies to emails
BurgerCash

Activity: 187
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 10:02:58 PM

Warranty return is almost pointless when it comes to bitmain it will take you six months to get it back

Wonderful....  Sad

Assuming I'd have to pay shipping back to china, it would take a while for the D3 to pay back the shipping costs even if they fixed the board immediately. I guess it would be worthwhile then to take it apart and see if there is any way I could fix it myself.
That's one of the few reasons for not buying despite the reasonable electricity costs where I live

Borderless trading with the Jarvis Exchanges.
Buy Apple stocks with Bitcoin. Jarvis.exchange (http://Jarvis.exchange)
jbmod

Activity: 13

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 10:03:27 PM

man ive got 2 units doing the same thing (one board on each unit gone and log shows 0 asics)

i had this issue a few weeks ago on another board and I sent it to the US facility and got it back repaired.. but now a different board is gone on each unit LOL

and the board I got sent back has missing o's ( 9 to be exact) so instead of like

oooooooo oooooooo
it shows
oooooooo oooo

I had the same issue and it's really annoying! But I was able to solve it somehow by setting this board to higher voltage settings - and I finally got rid of the problem.
I know it's not the best solution but it helps and if you're lucky it'll last a while...
-droid-
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 10:17:38 PM

oooooooo oooooooo
it shows
oooooooo oooo

I had the same issue and it's really annoying! But I was able to solve it somehow by setting this board to higher voltage settings - and I finally got rid of the problem.
I know it's not the best solution but it helps and if you're lucky it'll last a while...

what voltage did you up it to?  so basically in blisz firmware you selected that board and only upped voltage on that one? and it came back from being disappeared ?
jbmod

Activity: 13

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 10:52:54 PM

oooooooo oooooooo
it shows
oooooooo oooo

what voltage did you up it to?  so basically in blisz firmware you selected that board and only upped voltage on that one? and it came back from being disappeared ?

yes, with blissz fw I set voltage (this one board only) to >bitmain default - I think it was 15 or 16. This means gently overvolting this board, but it won't do any harm as long long as frequency and temp stays low. So I startet with freq 425 and went up a little.
It's up to you - but I'd try to set the voltage a little higher as usual and see if all ASICs come up again. It was the case in my situation.
Usually I used blissz fw to undervolt - but in this case it worked for me to do the opposite...
deezhere

Activity: 16

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 01:09:36 AM

Has anyone had to do a warranty return/repair? I have a hashboard that doesn't show up anymore on the status page.

This is what happened: I was running Blissz and it was showing me inflated hashrates on chain0 and failing with xxxx's. I rebooted and changed frequencies/voltages but nothing seemed to help. I switched back to the stock firmware and after some trial and error I was able to get chain0 to run normally. It ran for a couple of days and then just disappeared from the status page. I saw in the kernel log that it shows chain0 as having an asic count of 0 instead of 60. Also, I tried switching out the cables connecting the chain with cables that are known to work, and changing the slot it is connected to. I saw Bitmain also recommends reflashing the stock firmware and letting it run for 20 minutes, so I tried that as well. None of that worked, so it would seem the board is dead.

I don't know if I need to post on their support forum first asking for help, or if I can go ahead and create a help ticket, disassemble the D3 (removing chain0) and package up the faulty hashboard. Anyone know what the standard procedure is?

Yes, I've had to ship back 5 hashboards so far. Don't listen to other posters saying it's worthless. If you're in the US the repair site is in California so shipping cost through fedex isn't bad. I've already received 1 board back and have 3 more on the way already. Average turn around time seems to be 2.5 to 3 weeks. If your board is dead you should absolutely open a ticket at support.bitmain.com and wait for a response. It cost me $9 in shipping costs for a single hashboard to be fully replaced. Bitmain then gave me a $9 coupon to use on their site. Get your board fixed or replaced, there's no reason not to.
david916

Activity: 22

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 04:02:18 AM

Yes, I've had to ship back 5 hashboards so far. Don't listen to other posters saying it's worthless. If you're in the US the repair site is in California so shipping cost through fedex isn't bad. I've already received 1 board back and have 3 more on the way already. Average turn around time seems to be 2.5 to 3 weeks. If your board is dead you should absolutely open a ticket at support.bitmain.com and wait for a response. It cost me $9 in shipping costs for a single hashboard to be fully replaced. Bitmain then gave me a $9 coupon to use on their site. Get your board fixed or replaced, there's no reason not to.
What did use the 9$ coupon for?
stangerm2

Activity: 26

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 04:02:56 AM

blissz would you mind fixing the api after your version injection for proper json formatting:

"STATS": [{
         "CGMiner": "4.10.0",
         "Miner": "1.0.0.9",
         "CompileTime": "Sat Dec 10 22:11:56 CST 2017",
         "Type": "Antminer D3 Blissz v1.12"
      } {

There should be a , in between those ending quotes... Run 'echo '{"command":"summary+stats+pools"}' | nc <D3-IP> 4028' through a json validator if it doesn't make sense... It'd really make it a lot easier to parse if it was formatted correctly.
martyshmoo

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 05:28:45 AM

I am running on very low electricity costs inside a DC where temps are from aircon. Any reason why I shouldn't let the fans run @ 100%? I mean nice for the D3's if the chips is sitting at 69-71 degrees Celsius. Lastly... any reason why I shouldn't push them a little harder if I can keep the temps below 79?

Thanks!

I am a solar miner so I change freqs once every afternoon to save at night.

I run at 100% Fan during the day. Played with it after I wrote down some of the tuning settings from the beta, that I thought were phenomenal, I get a strong 21.5 G/H During the day (12-14V settings) and pull 17.5 at night. (5-8V settings), under silent or default fan speeds depending on temps.

FYI,

M

dlezama

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 05:30:55 AM

Has anyone had to do a warranty return/repair? I have a hashboard that doesn't show up anymore on the status page.

This is what happened: I was running Blissz and it was showing me inflated hashrates on chain0 and failing with xxxx's. I rebooted and changed frequencies/voltages but nothing seemed to help. I switched back to the stock firmware and after some trial and error I was able to get chain0 to run normally. It ran for a couple of days and then just disappeared from the status page. I saw in the kernel log that it shows chain0 as having an asic count of 0 instead of 60. Also, I tried switching out the cables connecting the chain with cables that are known to work, and changing the slot it is connected to. I saw Bitmain also recommends reflashing the stock firmware and letting it run for 20 minutes, so I tried that as well. None of that worked, so it would seem the board is dead.

I don't know if I need to post on their support forum first asking for help, or if I can go ahead and create a help ticket, disassemble the D3 (removing chain0) and package up the faulty hashboard. Anyone know what the standard procedure is?

Bitmain is terrible regarding communication. Their site says you have to ship the entire miner, the phone number for the California repair site doesn't work, creating a repair ticket asks for the tracking information (should you ship before opening the ticket? nonsense), other types of tickets don't have option to select warranty issue... The list goes on and on. Maybe they do good repairs but is hard as hell to get there. I opted for paid repair with bitmainwarranty.com, let's see how it works.
UnluckyD3Miner

Activity: 8

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 05:43:17 AM

I switched back to Antminer-D3-20171210_0-blissz.tar on the D3 that has the dead/missing hashboard. It shows up now, but the hashrate and frequency don't really look right. The hashrate is way higher than it should be. It looks like the avg hashrate at the top of the status page reflects the true total speed, but there is some kind of bug/glitch for the first chain? I have another D3 that hasn't had any issues, but with the same Blissz firmware the first chain shows hashrate way higher than it should. Finally, I have a 3rd D3 that hasn't had any issues, and all chains show what look to be correct readings. I have included some screenshots.

D3 with questionable chain0 that doesn't show up with stock bitmain firmware:
https://i.imgur.com/YmMtzDm.png

D3 the doesn't have issues, but with blissz firmware shows incorrect chain0 hashrate:
https://i.imgur.com/PKGI0nK.png

Any ideas?
Pages: « 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 »
  Print  

Jump to: