Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 06:06:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 [136] 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 ... 200 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OLD] Eligius: ASIC, no registration, no fee CPPSRB BTC + 105% PPS NMC, 877 #  (Read 458140 times)
tgerring

Activity: 142
Merit: 100

Hive/Ethereum

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2013, 07:04:24 PM

Hi,

How long it take for payouts to be confirmed? My one seems to be taking hours.

Coinbase transactions generally take 120 blocks to confirm

Hive, a beautiful wallet for Mac OS X, now available for testing. Follow the story here.
BitcoinKit.framework and Tor.framework, now available to iOS and Mac OS X developers
Tweeting at @hivewallet. Donations appreciated at 142m1MpXHhymF4aASiWwYohe1Y55v5BQwc

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BitcoinApprentice

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 07:40:31 PM
Last edit: November 15, 2013, 08:57:18 PM by BitcoinApprentice

Greetings Eligius Miners,

Just wanted to make note here that Eligius is the first pool to tentatively adopt a patch to our mining node to help deter address reuse. Due to concerns about people promoting address whitelisting/blacklisting in Bitcoin we're trying out an experimental feature that prioritizes transactions which use fresh addresses, as Bitcoin was designed to expect from the start.

This is experimental, has no real effect on miners or earnings, etc, and will be adjusted as needed as the patches evolve from here on.

Happy mining!

-wk

Yes, the network needs anti-bodies over this movement & then to scab over it like a pearl.  I'm all for it. It just needs MORE publicity.
On a related topic, I see in https://blockexplorer.com that it says no public key yet. So it appears until a New coin address is used for its first OUT-transaction, there is no hacking danger(except at the login level)?, Nor this blacklist danger? 

Edit:to clarify, I was responding to the WKs original post;  NOT agreeing to the theory of chain equality. LOL
ionstorm

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 09:01:33 PM

wow taking a look at http://blockchain.info/pools it seems like GHash.io is going to surpass  BTCGuild, and we dropped to 12% of the network, hope we can get in the 20's Wink
ehmdjii

Activity: 351

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 11:04:34 AM

i guess this question was already asked but i couldnt find an answer.

on the configurable options page, what do i have to put in the signature field to save my settings? (using an address from blockchain.info)

BTC: 1LsD5HpnX1Kfyti7CnHiVB1rjUEXGqmR2H
LTC: LQbpdMZmYyJa9bJG6NweBNxkSTfgZorkrG
CeeCee

Activity: 237

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 02:23:15 PM

i can't find it but i am sure there is some hidden option to show a 6 month overview.  anybody Huh
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2013, 03:35:07 PM

2:10AM EST something wasn't quite right.  Pool hashrate went over 600TH/s, my own hashrate showed an additional 100GH/s I wasn't hashing and that moved up into the 256seconds slot then both the 256seconds hashrate and the 128seconds hashrate dropped to roughly half my actual hashrate but these oddities weren't reflected on the graph.  Then the pool hashrate dropped from 600TH/s to 400TH/s.  Now the pool is up to 680TH/s and my own hashrate is showing twice what it should be.  Something is flukey.  Also, I usually see my payout behind one or two blocks, but right now it's behind 10blocks.  Is that right or is the pool getting ripped off somehow?

"Please note that there are still some artifacts happening with the hashrate graphs and short term hash rates. Rest assured that these are just stats glitches which I'm working on correcting soon. Thanks. -wk"

This is written in in big red letters on the main page of the stats.  Its a timestamping issue I haven't had time to fix yet.  It only effects stats, doesn't effect earnings.

Seriously, what other information do I have as in rewards in what I'm making on this pool? All I see are three lines:
As of last block
Estimated Change
Estimated Total

Is there anything else that shows me my rewards per blocks or anything like that with this pool. My friend pulled my arm again and forced me to try this pool again, but when looking for detailed information on how well or shitty I'm doing I just can't find it. And there is a number on my screen that says ALL TIME PAYOUT that has nothing to do with what I ever got paid. It is much higher.  Remember, I'm coming from BTC Guild, where all this information is right on your dashboard. I'm just trying to look for it on this pool. Can someone point me in the right direction? Free/No fees or not...if you can't see what your miner is doing then what's the point, right?

Eligius stats have tons of information exposed.  Obviously you can "see what your miner is doing" through the stats.  CPPSRB does not work the same as PPLNS (or pseudo PPLNS like guild uses).  Showing any per-block-per-user stats with CPPSRB would be confusing and misleading.  Also, "All time total payout" *is* exactly to the satoshi what you have been paid by the pool, verifiable by anyone looking at the blockchain.  That number is literally incremented by reading the raw payout transactions and adding the values for people paid.  If the transaction isn't in the blockchain, it can't be shown as part of "All time total payout".

What stats? If I'm mining with Eligius and want to know what my rewards were on the last three blocks, where can I see this information? Is it there? This is all PPLNS. All I see is my hashrate and then can browse the blocks randomly that have nothing personally to do with me.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
soy
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 03:55:29 PM

on the configurable options page, what do i have to put in the signature field to save my settings? (using an address from blockchain.info)

As far as I know you need Bitcoin-QT running on a machine owning the payout address.  In Bitcoin-QT go to File menu and the Sign Message option.  Top line put the receive address.  Body put the line from the options page describing the changes.  Then click Sign Message and a long string will appear in the Signature field.  Check its accuracy by going to Verify Message where you input all the same data and click Verify.  If it checks you put that Signature in the space on the configurable options page and mash submit.
CeeCee

Activity: 237

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 07:20:48 PM

it's easy! https://blockchain.info/de/wallet/wallet-faq just look under How can I sign a Bitcoin message?
af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2013, 09:31:24 PM

orphaned blocks hurt. 269982

We came first, before slush by 30 seconds.  Not sure why our block was rejected.

Wizkid, how many nodes are you connected to?

eleuthria
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 09:34:50 PM

We came first, before slush by 30 seconds.  Not sure why our block was rejected.

According to blockchain.info your block wasn't seen for over 20 minutes after slush's.  Don't look at block timestamps, look at the *received time*.

2013-11-16 21:11:51 for Slush
2013-11-16 21:34:25 for Eligius

Even more than that...Slush found the block after his...10 minutes before blockchain.info saw a single node relay the Eligius version of 269982.

EDIT:  Okay...maybe ignore the above.  I'm seeing some *weird* timestamps on the received time with Blockchain.info right now.  Still, you should never base "which block came first" by the block timestamp since the timestamp is not reliable.

RIP BTC Guild, April 2011 - June 2015
af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2013, 09:50:30 PM

We came first, before slush by 30 seconds.  Not sure why our block was rejected.

According to blockchain.info your block wasn't seen for over 20 minutes after slush's.  Don't look at block timestamps, look at the *received time*.

2013-11-16 21:11:51 for Slush
2013-11-16 21:34:25 for Eligius

Even more than that...Slush found the block after his...10 minutes before blockchain.info saw a single node relay the Eligius version of 269982.

EDIT:  Okay...maybe ignore the above.  I'm seeing some *weird* timestamps on the received time with Blockchain.info right now.  Still, you should never base "which block came first" by the block timestamp since the timestamp is not reliable.

So "Time" in

http://blockchain.info/block-height/269982

Is not the received time?

2013-11-16 19:47:46 slush
2013-11-16 19:47:17 eligius

eleuthria
Legendary

Activity: 1750

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 10:03:01 PM

So "Time" in

http://blockchain.info/block-height/269982

Is not the received time?

2013-11-16 19:47:46 slush
2013-11-16 19:47:17 eligius

Time on that page is the timestamp of the block, which is irrelevant when it comes to which was actually found first.

RIP BTC Guild, April 2011 - June 2015
wizkid057
Legendary

Activity: 1223
Merit: 1006

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 03:18:14 AM

2:10AM EST something wasn't quite right.  Pool hashrate went over 600TH/s, my own hashrate showed an additional 100GH/s I wasn't hashing and that moved up into the 256seconds slot then both the 256seconds hashrate and the 128seconds hashrate dropped to roughly half my actual hashrate but these oddities weren't reflected on the graph.  Then the pool hashrate dropped from 600TH/s to 400TH/s.  Now the pool is up to 680TH/s and my own hashrate is showing twice what it should be.  Something is flukey.  Also, I usually see my payout behind one or two blocks, but right now it's behind 10blocks.  Is that right or is the pool getting ripped off somehow?

"Please note that there are still some artifacts happening with the hashrate graphs and short term hash rates. Rest assured that these are just stats glitches which I'm working on correcting soon. Thanks. -wk"

This is written in in big red letters on the main page of the stats.  Its a timestamping issue I haven't had time to fix yet.  It only effects stats, doesn't effect earnings.

Seriously, what other information do I have as in rewards in what I'm making on this pool? All I see are three lines:
As of last block
Estimated Change
Estimated Total

Is there anything else that shows me my rewards per blocks or anything like that with this pool. My friend pulled my arm again and forced me to try this pool again, but when looking for detailed information on how well or shitty I'm doing I just can't find it. And there is a number on my screen that says ALL TIME PAYOUT that has nothing to do with what I ever got paid. It is much higher.  Remember, I'm coming from BTC Guild, where all this information is right on your dashboard. I'm just trying to look for it on this pool. Can someone point me in the right direction? Free/No fees or not...if you can't see what your miner is doing then what's the point, right?

Eligius stats have tons of information exposed.  Obviously you can "see what your miner is doing" through the stats.  CPPSRB does not work the same as PPLNS (or pseudo PPLNS like guild uses).  Showing any per-block-per-user stats with CPPSRB would be confusing and misleading.  Also, "All time total payout" *is* exactly to the satoshi what you have been paid by the pool, verifiable by anyone looking at the blockchain.  That number is literally incremented by reading the raw payout transactions and adding the values for people paid.  If the transaction isn't in the blockchain, it can't be shown as part of "All time total payout".

What stats? If I'm mining with Eligius and want to know what my rewards were on the last three blocks, where can I see this information? Is it there? This is all PPLNS. All I see is my hashrate and then can browse the blocks randomly that have nothing personally to do with me.

None of the blocks have anything to do with your stats directly, which is why per-user-per-block stats are pretty pointless, and would be confusing and misleading, as I had mentioned.  Eligius is not PPLNS, so PPLNS stats do not make sense here.   Under CPPSRB, shares are never over or underpaid.  They are either paid at 100% PPS, or they remain in the share log until they are paid 100% PPS, forever, and are not discarded until they are paid.  PPLNS discards shares beyond 'N' shares completely.

Each block pays the share log.  You may or may not have any shares in the top of the share log(depending on your mining habits (active 24/7 or not), luck, etc.  If you have some shelved shares, and we find a block, some of those could be paid even though you didn't put in that much work since the last block.  Or, in an unlucky round, all of your shares since the last round may not be in the top of the share log.  So, again, per-user-per-block stats would be entirely misleading because then I would have people who don't understand the reward system at all going nuts trying to make sense of the stats.  Those who do understand the reward system don't need these stats.

In any case, the balance graph updates continuously, and that data is exposed via the API related stuff if you really feel the desire to compute such stats.

-wk

Tips: 1LDQrLr6dPVqNJmpZm82eZVKqDFRk7ERW8
Operator of the Eligius Mining Pool - 0% Fee, SAPPLNS, GBT, Stratum, IRC+Phone Support, Share Market (coming soon), Generation payouts, and more.
Don't feed the trolls. Science Confirms: Internet Trolls Really Are Narcissistic, Psychopathic, and Sadistic (1)
wizkid057
Legendary

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 03:20:04 AM

We came first, before slush by 30 seconds.  Not sure why our block was rejected.

Just chiming in, as already explained block time isnt reception time.

When I checked logs it looks like we were actually pretty tied with Slush, but Slush won by hitting a second block that confirmed their first, so, no hope for ours after that.

It happens. Sad

-wk

Operator of the Eligius Mining Pool - 0% Fee, SAPPLNS, GBT, Stratum, IRC+Phone Support, Share Market (coming soon), Generation payouts, and more.
Don't feed the trolls. Science Confirms: Internet Trolls Really Are Narcissistic, Psychopathic, and Sadistic (1)
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2013, 05:20:49 AM

As of last block
Estimated Change
Estimated Total

None of the blocks have anything to do with your stats directly, which is why per-user-per-block stats are pretty pointless, and would be confusing and misleading, as I had mentioned.  Eligius is not PPLNS, so PPLNS stats do not make sense here.   Under CPPSRB, shares are never over or underpaid.  They are either paid at 100% PPS, or they remain in the share log until they are paid 100% PPS, forever, and are not discarded until they are paid.  PPLNS discards shares beyond 'N' shares completely.

Each block pays the share log.  You may or may not have any shares in the top of the share log(depending on your mining habits (active 24/7 or not), luck, etc.  If you have some shelved shares, and we find a block, some of those could be paid even though you didn't put in that much work since the last block.  Or, in an unlucky round, all of your shares since the last round may not be in the top of the share log.  So, again, per-user-per-block stats would be entirely misleading because then I would have people who don't understand the reward system at all going nuts trying to make sense of the stats.  Those who do understand the reward system don't need these stats.

In any case, the balance graph updates continuously, and that data is exposed via the API related stuff if you really feel the desire to compute such stats.

-wk

Thank you for taking the time to write this. Please understand it is hard for a new miner to join a pool and only see his own hash rate and nothing else. While the hashrate graph is nice on MyStats page I'd rather see a breakdown of rewarded coin broken down into quarters. Is that possible? Obviously this information would be delayed due to the nature of how things work, but that would give the user a much more concise feeling of where they stand in the grand scheme of things. Your pool must be good, lots of people have recommended it to me and told me to leave BTC Guild and their fees, but for some reason when ever I have tried and switched over to your pool I barely made any rewards at all. I guess it is just in my nature to find out why, since Guild even takes fees....so technically your pool should pay out more, right? I guess this type of discussion can go on forever and comes up once in a while with new miners. Is is better to be in a pool with less people, more people, etc...all that. In my mind (weather this to be correct or not) I need to be in a pool that can solve a block as quick as they can and onto the next. And for the users that DO understand the reward system. How do they become aware of how they are doing in your pool? Is it they have so much much hashing power they don't bother to even care or do they try and find some way to check on how they are doing. I think I mined with you for 48 hours and my rewards were .2. On Guild it would have been at least double that. (280 Gh/s). And I'm just a guy trying to figure out why that is. I owe it to myself to be persistent and somewhat of a nag and I know veterans hate questions from new people, but I dropped a few thousand dollars so I'm just trying to understand what that's doing. I didn't get into mining to get rich, or make a lot of money. I did it more for the hobby and to contribute to the bitcoin industry. Even though I didn't know everything beforehand I was kind of forced to make a decision about spending the money due to hardware not being available all the time, and this is why I spent money prior to not knowing %100 of what's going on. Most people can't or won't even admit they're clueless on what's going on. As long as they see some rewards, they are happy. I'm a little different, I want to know more and have been trying to educate myself as much as I can when I have the time. I've noticed a lot of people on here are here 24/7, don't have jobs or a family or just have a lot of time on their hands. Unfortunately I can't spend all day online trying to educate myself on everything, and I come back when I can to absorb when I can at the moment...so please have patience and understand we all were in the same boat at one point or another. Thank you.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2013, 11:14:55 AM

AAARGH! WALL OF TEXT!!

Please consider including paragraphs?

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
madmax_ger

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 01:07:50 PM

anyone got a double payout recently, too?

https://blockchain.info/tx/89fb732aa1eb3f59a6b72ec2b21b2068bcfa76de87339af534d832c22d7f2def
https://blockchain.info/tx/8598ce3fedca8f2cd06e9289856dcd0c111dd9c8cdf690da3075098cbdfeb737

one is confirmed, the other one is not.

I got two mails from blockchain, one for each transaction. both mails include the note "1 confirmation",
so I have to think both transactions should have been balanced with my account.

But they were not - only one transaction was booked.

Any ideas?

http://btcinvest.net/bitcoin-mining-profit-calculator.php - check it out!next difficulty + time leftcustomizable monthly (diff + USD/BTC) increasements device lead timeupdate: auto-compares device costs to BTC-buy profit ♥ 1btciBCKb59TbzNj5QzC2EXWDARxtJL1f
The00Dustin

Activity: 807
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 02:09:27 PM

https://blockchain.info/tx/89fb732aa1eb3f59a6b72ec2b21b2068bcfa76de87339af534d832c22d7f2def
https://blockchain.info/tx/8598ce3fedca8f2cd06e9289856dcd0c111dd9c8cdf690da3075098cbdfeb737

I got two mails from blockchain, one for each transaction. both mails include the note "1 confirmation",

Any ideas?
Without even following your links, it probably has something to do with the orphaned block mentioned on the previous page...  (You were delivered the Eligius block that had your payment in it that was then orphaned by another pool, so your payment was resent in the next Eligius block, which will actually confirm)
madmax_ger

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 02:23:05 PM

Any ideas?
Without even following your links, it probably has something to do with the orphaned block mentioned on the previous page...  (You were delivered the Eligius block that had your payment in it that was then orphaned by another pool, so your payment was resent in the next Eligius block, which will actually confirm)

Perfect, thanks  Cool

http://btcinvest.net/bitcoin-mining-profit-calculator.php - check it out!next difficulty + time leftcustomizable monthly (diff + USD/BTC) increasements device lead timeupdate: auto-compares device costs to BTC-buy profit ♥ 1btciBCKb59TbzNj5QzC2EXWDARxtJL1f
wizkid057
Legendary

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 07:30:46 PM

Any ideas?
Without even following your links, it probably has something to do with the orphaned block mentioned on the previous page...  (You were delivered the Eligius block that had your payment in it that was then orphaned by another pool, so your payment was resent in the next Eligius block, which will actually confirm)

Perfect, thanks  Cool

Essentially this is correct, however the payment in the orphaned block in the eyes if the reward system retroactively never happened,  so it may or may not have contained the exact same payouts depending on the shares to be paid at the time of the new block.

The coinbase transaction in the orphaned block can never confirm.

-wk

Pages: « 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 [136] 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 ... 200 »
  Print  

Jump to: