Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 05:11:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 [134] 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 ... 200 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OLD] Eligius: ASIC, no registration, no fee CPPSRB BTC + 105% PPS NMC, 877 #  (Read 458134 times)
TracerX

Activity: 918
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 08:05:06 PM

It says on the page only bitcoind/bitcoin-qt or mtgox signatures are supported so far...

I've been signing with MulitBit no problem...

As have I.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
wizkid057
Legendary

Activity: 1223
Merit: 1006

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 09:39:37 PM

Hey!
Just all of a sudden, my wifi miners (who are on 2 separate locations) suddenly stopped mining on eligius and moved to secondary bitparking automatically. Am i smoking or how in the world can this happend? All Lan miners still work on eligius and did not switch pool (so it cannot be routing by the isp is down to reach your pool).

I assume you were not using stratum.mining.eligius.st for the hostname.  <protocol>.mining.eligius.st has been in place for a while now.  Using just mining.eligius.st is depreciated, as the IP(s) it points to are not maintained actively anymore.

-wk

Tips: 1LDQrLr6dPVqNJmpZm82eZVKqDFRk7ERW8
Operator of the Eligius Mining Pool - 0% Fee, SAPPLNS, GBT, Stratum, IRC+Phone Support, Share Market (coming soon), Generation payouts, and more.
Don't feed the trolls. Science Confirms: Internet Trolls Really Are Narcissistic, Psychopathic, and Sadistic (1)
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2013, 12:32:43 AM

Can someone explain how Eligius payout schedule works? How can you find your spot or figure out when you would get paid your rewards?

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 12:37:06 AM

Using just mining.eligius.st is depreciated, as the IP(s) it points to are not maintained actively anymore.
They should be, considering mining.eligius.st is just a CNAME for getwork.mining.eligius.st, which is a supported hostname...

wizkid057
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 02:34:43 AM

Using just mining.eligius.st is depreciated, as the IP(s) it points to are not maintained actively anymore.
They should be, considering mining.eligius.st is just a CNAME for getwork.mining.eligius.st, which is a supported hostname...

In detail, all of the mining (and the web server) for Eligius is hosted on a set of servers on a private LAN.  The private LAN is then tunneled out to multiple low-latency servers around the US.  All of these are used for the stratum DNS record.  The top few are used for the GBT record, and those with the least redundancy used for the getwork record.

Correct, mining.eligius.st was, up until a few hours ago, CNAME to getwork.mining.eligius.st.  When the endpoints in the getwork record had some issues, even people mining with stratum on "mining.eligius.st" who did not update their hostname to "stratum.mining.eligius.st" also had issues.  As of now, the getwork and gbt hosts alias the stratum hosts and have the same redundancy... for now.

In any case, eventually I want to get the getwork and existing version of GBT loads away from the stratum loads, hence the need for multiple host names.  As evident by today's events, getwork and GBT (and stratum people on the wrong host name) account for about 20Th/sec of mining, or something like 3-4% of the pool.  However, getwork and GBT account for a full third of the server load.  From a system admin perspective, it would make sense to simply drop support entirely.

First, there is little to no reason that I can think of, and correct me if I'm wrong, for anyone to be using getwork anymore. 

Before you start throwing exceptions at me, sure, some miners like the ASICMINER blades use getwork, but do not correctly support it.  Pointing a blade directly at Eligius totally eliminates all pool side and client side  efficiency gains from vardiff, since the blades do not check hash target and submit all difficulty 1 shares to the getwork server they are configured with regardless of what the server tells it to do.  If configured directly to Eligius with out a proxy you're putting 4-8x more load on the pool than you should be per blade by forcing the pool to filter out your high hash shares and hardware errors.  Use a local proxy, either bfgminer's or slush's stratum proxy and don't put this extra burden on the pool.  Also, the blades are not multithreaded.  Their mining software runs on a PIC microcontroller.  Therefore, the blade waits for a response from the server before it continues and feeds new work to your hardware, thus lowering your hash rate proportionally with latency to the pool.  Again, run a local proxy.

CPU mining is bitcoin is pretty much dead, except for some (probably now abandoned) botnets.  When even 1000 CPU mining nodes makes a script kiddie something like $5/mo, even at current high prices, its time for a new hobby.

Getwork is good for dev testing... and I used it myself when testing out my mining patty prototype..... using a stratum proxy.

In any case, eventually the host names for various protocols *will* land on different physical servers.  The new host names have been posted for quite a while now... please update to a proper one for your protocol of choice if you haven't already.  If you don't have a protocol of choice, use stratum. 

I want to continue to support all protocols as long as possible, and to do so they will eventually need to be partitioned better server side.

-wk

Operator of the Eligius Mining Pool - 0% Fee, SAPPLNS, GBT, Stratum, IRC+Phone Support, Share Market (coming soon), Generation payouts, and more.
Don't feed the trolls. Science Confirms: Internet Trolls Really Are Narcissistic, Psychopathic, and Sadistic (1)
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2013, 06:29:54 AM

Seriously, what other information do I have as in rewards in what I'm making on this pool? All I see are three lines:
As of last block
Estimated Change
Estimated Total

Is there anything else that shows me my rewards per blocks or anything like that with this pool. My friend pulled my arm again and forced me to try this pool again, but when looking for detailed information on how well or shitty I'm doing I just can't find it. And there is a number on my screen that says ALL TIME PAYOUT that has nothing to do with what I ever got paid. It is much higher.  Remember, I'm coming from BTC Guild, where all this information is right on your dashboard. I'm just trying to look for it on this pool. Can someone point me in the right direction? Free/No fees or not...if you can't see what your miner is doing then what's the point, right?

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
soy
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 07:22:56 AM

2:10AM EST something wasn't quite right.  Pool hashrate went over 600TH/s, my own hashrate showed an additional 100GH/s I wasn't hashing and that moved up into the 256seconds slot then both the 256seconds hashrate and the 128seconds hashrate dropped to roughly half my actual hashrate but these oddities weren't reflected on the graph.  Then the pool hashrate dropped from 600TH/s to 400TH/s.  Now the pool is up to 680TH/s and my own hashrate is showing twice what it should be.  Something is flukey.  Also, I usually see my payout behind one or two blocks, but right now it's behind 10blocks.  Is that right or is the pool getting ripped off somehow?
Saedeleare

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 08:54:33 AM

Sorry mates,

i think it the question was asked many timers before but i dont find the answer.

How can i get namecoins?

bfgminer -o stratum+tcp://stratum.mining.eligius.st:3334 -O myBitcoinadress

but what do i have do to get namecoins?

On Configurable Options i can insert my namecoin adress but it wont change.

Thx for help
wizkid057
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 11:27:48 AM

2:10AM EST something wasn't quite right.  Pool hashrate went over 600TH/s, my own hashrate showed an additional 100GH/s I wasn't hashing and that moved up into the 256seconds slot then both the 256seconds hashrate and the 128seconds hashrate dropped to roughly half my actual hashrate but these oddities weren't reflected on the graph.  Then the pool hashrate dropped from 600TH/s to 400TH/s.  Now the pool is up to 680TH/s and my own hashrate is showing twice what it should be.  Something is flukey.  Also, I usually see my payout behind one or two blocks, but right now it's behind 10blocks.  Is that right or is the pool getting ripped off somehow?

"Please note that there are still some artifacts happening with the hashrate graphs and short term hash rates. Rest assured that these are just stats glitches which I'm working on correcting soon. Thanks. -wk"

This is written in in big red letters on the main page of the stats.  Its a timestamping issue I haven't had time to fix yet.  It only effects stats, doesn't effect earnings.

Seriously, what other information do I have as in rewards in what I'm making on this pool? All I see are three lines:
As of last block
Estimated Change
Estimated Total

Is there anything else that shows me my rewards per blocks or anything like that with this pool. My friend pulled my arm again and forced me to try this pool again, but when looking for detailed information on how well or shitty I'm doing I just can't find it. And there is a number on my screen that says ALL TIME PAYOUT that has nothing to do with what I ever got paid. It is much higher.  Remember, I'm coming from BTC Guild, where all this information is right on your dashboard. I'm just trying to look for it on this pool. Can someone point me in the right direction? Free/No fees or not...if you can't see what your miner is doing then what's the point, right?

Eligius stats have tons of information exposed.  Obviously you can "see what your miner is doing" through the stats.  CPPSRB does not work the same as PPLNS (or pseudo PPLNS like guild uses).  Showing any per-block-per-user stats with CPPSRB would be confusing and misleading.  Also, "All time total payout" *is* exactly to the satoshi what you have been paid by the pool, verifiable by anyone looking at the blockchain.  That number is literally incremented by reading the raw payout transactions and adding the values for people paid.  If the transaction isn't in the blockchain, it can't be shown as part of "All time total payout".

jimmy3dita

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 02:44:28 PM

...14 block delay  Shocked

Acquista il mio libro "Investire Bitcoin": clicca qui
wizkid057
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 03:16:27 PM

...14 block delay  Shocked

Not the worst ever. Its just because I've been too busy to get a manual payout together.

I will do so as soon as I get home today (6 hrs from now +/- an hour)

-wk

tgerring

Activity: 142

Hive/Ethereum

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2013, 04:40:01 PM

Sorry mates,

i think it the question was asked many timers before but i dont find the answer.

How can i get namecoins?

Thx for help

Are you submitting a valid message signature? After submitting it, the options page should say something along the lines of "signature passed".

Hive, a beautiful wallet for Mac OS X, now available for testing. Follow the story here.
BitcoinKit.framework and Tor.framework, now available to iOS and Mac OS X developers
Tweeting at @hivewallet. Donations appreciated at 142m1MpXHhymF4aASiWwYohe1Y55v5BQwc
Morblias

Activity: 576

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 05:47:31 PM

I am finding that I am having inconsistent hash rates because I am either getting too low of pool difficulty or too high, for 24 hours I switched over to another pool that had manual difficulty setting, what I did was took ckolivas's advice by doing total Gh/s / 1.4 and was getting very consistent hash rates.  I see that the manual difficulty setting is not yet enabled, can the dev's update us on when this feature will be enabled so advanced miners may have a little more control over their hash rate fluctuations

With a higher difficulty you will get a much more inconsistent hash rate on the pool-side.  The current variable difficulty settings on Eligius are tried and tested and have proven to work perfectly.  There is no need to adjust the difficulty manually, ever.  Info to the contrary is simply incorrect.  The pool targets 32 shares per minute.  This ensures that a) You are never spinning your wheels, per se, working on too high of a difficulty work for your hash rate, b) ensures the pool gets sufficient shares from your miner to keep statistics variance low so that stats are still valid, c) makes it so you don't have to ever actually change anything since pool does it for you, and many other advantages over a static difficulty.

I will most likely be scrapping the manual difficulty setting option, since after much research and testing, it simply has no real purpose.

Basically, if you're setting a static difficulty on another pool and you're getting a better hash rate, either you've been fooled by variance or the pool is lying.

-wk

I tried pointing my bitfury at this pool and it throws massive amounts of errors due to the min difficulty setting. It only gets up to about 50gh/s when it should be 500gh/s. I found this same thing happened on other pools until i manually set the min difficulty to 350 (500 / 1.4). Would love to be able to set min difficulty so I could point my bitfury at this pool.

Tips / Donations accepted: 1Morb18DsDHNEv6TeQXBdba872ZSpiK9fY
mb300sd
Legendary

Activity: 1260

Drunk Posts

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2013, 05:56:23 PM

I am finding that I am having inconsistent hash rates because I am either getting too low of pool difficulty or too high, for 24 hours I switched over to another pool that had manual difficulty setting, what I did was took ckolivas's advice by doing total Gh/s / 1.4 and was getting very consistent hash rates.  I see that the manual difficulty setting is not yet enabled, can the dev's update us on when this feature will be enabled so advanced miners may have a little more control over their hash rate fluctuations

With a higher difficulty you will get a much more inconsistent hash rate on the pool-side.  The current variable difficulty settings on Eligius are tried and tested and have proven to work perfectly.  There is no need to adjust the difficulty manually, ever.  Info to the contrary is simply incorrect.  The pool targets 32 shares per minute.  This ensures that a) You are never spinning your wheels, per se, working on too high of a difficulty work for your hash rate, b) ensures the pool gets sufficient shares from your miner to keep statistics variance low so that stats are still valid, c) makes it so you don't have to ever actually change anything since pool does it for you, and many other advantages over a static difficulty.

I will most likely be scrapping the manual difficulty setting option, since after much research and testing, it simply has no real purpose.

Basically, if you're setting a static difficulty on another pool and you're getting a better hash rate, either you've been fooled by variance or the pool is lying.

-wk

I tried pointing my bitfury at this pool and it throws massive amounts of errors due to the min difficulty setting. It only gets up to about 50gh/s when it should be 500gh/s. I found this same thing happened on other pools until i manually set the min difficulty to 350 (500 / 1.4). Would love to be able to set min difficulty so I could point my bitfury at this pool.

Are you using chainminer or bfgminer? bfg seems to handle the low diff startup fairly well.

1D7FJWRzeKa4SLmTznd3JpeNU13L1ErEco
Morblias

Activity: 576

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 06:00:38 PM

I am finding that I am having inconsistent hash rates because I am either getting too low of pool difficulty or too high, for 24 hours I switched over to another pool that had manual difficulty setting, what I did was took ckolivas's advice by doing total Gh/s / 1.4 and was getting very consistent hash rates.  I see that the manual difficulty setting is not yet enabled, can the dev's update us on when this feature will be enabled so advanced miners may have a little more control over their hash rate fluctuations

With a higher difficulty you will get a much more inconsistent hash rate on the pool-side.  The current variable difficulty settings on Eligius are tried and tested and have proven to work perfectly.  There is no need to adjust the difficulty manually, ever.  Info to the contrary is simply incorrect.  The pool targets 32 shares per minute.  This ensures that a) You are never spinning your wheels, per se, working on too high of a difficulty work for your hash rate, b) ensures the pool gets sufficient shares from your miner to keep statistics variance low so that stats are still valid, c) makes it so you don't have to ever actually change anything since pool does it for you, and many other advantages over a static difficulty.

-wk

Are you using chainminer or bfgminer? bfg seems to handle the low diff startup fairly well.

chainminer v1 (got the v1 m-board). I'll have to look around and try to figure out how to use it with bfgminer.

Tips / Donations accepted: 1Morb18DsDHNEv6TeQXBdba872ZSpiK9fY
wizkid057
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 06:13:04 PM

-wk

chainminer v1 (got the v1 m-board). I'll have to look around and try to figure out how to use it with bfgminer.

This is a known chainminer issue as it doesnt queue work well apparently. Chainminer doesn't even send a useragent so I cant even compensate for it pool side.

I'd suggest bfgminer

Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 06:17:13 PM

v1 M-boards can be fried if the software doesn't compensate.
I don't make any effort to compensate in BFGMiner.
Nobody has tested it, but I cannot recommend this combination.
Do so at your own risk...

Side note: I've never had problems with chainminer on Eligius... (via stratum proxy of course) O.o

wizkid057
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 06:23:26 PM

Side note: I've never had problems with chainminer on Eligius... (via stratum proxy of course) O.o

Hm, never did check if the people having issues were using the stratum proxy or not.  Definitely recommended for chainminer.  Or maybe bfgminers proxy?

-wk

Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 06:34:57 PM

Hm, never did check if the people having issues were using the stratum proxy or not.  Definitely recommended for chainminer.  Or maybe bfgminers proxy?
chainminer isn't compatible with standard getwork either, so BFGMiner's proxy won't work with it.
(it always rolls ntime, even when this functionality is not enabled)

Saedeleare

Activity: 135

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 06:41:30 PM

Sorry mates,

How can i get namecoins?

Thx for help

Are you submitting a valid message signature? After submitting it, the options page should say something along the lines of "signature passed".

Hm, for noobs

i am in the options form.
Here i copy and paste my Namecoin adress

Message to Sign with xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:
My Eligius - 2013-11-14 18:32:48 UTC - NMC_Address=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

After that i go to my bitcoin-qt client
Sign message.
I copy and paste my Bitcoin adress for Eligius
What do i have to write in the textbox below?
My Eligius - 2013-11-14 18:32:48 UTC - NMC_Address=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ?
Or just:
NMC_Address=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sorry,newbie
Thx for help
Pages: « 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 [134] 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 ... 200 »
  Print  

Jump to: