Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 05:58:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 [131] 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 ... 200 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OLD] Eligius: ASIC, no registration, no fee CPPSRB BTC + 105% PPS NMC, 877 #  (Read 458134 times)
spooderman
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1022

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2013, 10:11:29 AM

When there are other legitimate altcoins that support merged mining...
Freicoin has it on their todo list, but there isn't really anything else.
devcoin   
groupcoin   
i0coin   
ixcoin   
namecoin   
We do namecoin. The rest you list are just scams.

What's so good about namecoin? I like what I understand about it, but that's not saying much.

Society doesn't scale.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
soy
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 12:56:54 PM

I've switched to Eligius and have been stuck at 22 minutes left until payout since 3AM.  Is there a problem?  The page doesn't seem to be updating.
shep80

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 01:00:53 PM

I've switched to Eligius and have been stuck at 22 minutes left until payout since 3AM.  Is there a problem?  The page doesn't seem to be updating.

Very bad luck on solving the next block. Pool has been working on it for over 8 hours according to the stats.

Nothing seems wrong, just a usual bit of bad luck. Once we solve it things will get rolling again.

spooderman
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1022

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2013, 01:04:36 PM

dat unluck

Society doesn't scale.
soy
Legendary

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 02:54:50 PM

Very bad luck on solving the next block. Pool has been working on it for over 8 hours according to the stats.

Nothing seems wrong, just a usual bit of bad luck. Once we solve it things will get rolling again.

Yes, I saw luck was down in the teens but went back to bed for an hour, got up, made breakfast, looked again and luck was up above 300%, now 154%.  My earnings have finally been moved to the payout queue and will be paid with the next block.

ionstorm

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 04:26:49 PM

I got an idea for the graph dev's, it would be cool to see a projection of estimated earnings along side the hash rate graph
Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 05:51:08 PM

What's so good about namecoin? I like what I understand about it, but that's not saying much.
Whether it's good or not is another matter, but it's not just a scam.
Namecoin is applying Bitcoin concepts to a new area - it's not really a currency at all.

soy
Legendary

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 10:08:23 PM

Yes, I saw luck was down in the teens but went back to bed for an hour, got up, made breakfast, looked again and luck was up above 300%, now 154%.  My earnings have finally been moved to the payout queue and will be paid with the next block.

The payout went smoothly with the new block.  I notice it seems less 'spendable', having 26 confirmations already but needing 94 more blocks, than BTC earned elsewhere.  Also the clear demarcation of 'Mined'.  I wonder if this will prove a problem with that obscure rule that mined bitcoins make one an international money transfer agent if one tries to use it for anything but barter.  Bitcoins mined on another pool have not that demarcation.

But the question I wish to ask, is the minimum payout stat changeable on the configuration page?  I have Bitcoin-QT on another machine than the one having the cookie storing the receive address.  I generated the signed message which included in the encrypted string a lowering of the minimum payout trigger to 0.1000btc but it didn't take.  After the initial payout since the signed message configuration change I expected the payout to be lowered but it was not.  Is the minimum not changeable below what is dictated by the value equation used by Eligius staff?
shep80

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 10:26:07 PM

Looks like stats may be hung up. We have solved a few blocks that may not be reported on stats.
xyzzy099
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1041

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 10:34:05 PM

The payout went smoothly with the new block.  I notice it seems less 'spendable', having 26 confirmations already but needing 94 more blocks, than BTC earned elsewhere.  Also the clear demarcation of 'Mined'.  I wonder if this will prove a problem with that obscure rule that mined bitcoins make one an international money transfer agent if one tries to use it for anything but barter.  Bitcoins mined on another pool have not that demarcation.

But the question I wish to ask, is the minimum payout stat changeable on the configuration page?  I have Bitcoin-QT on another machine than the one having the cookie storing the receive address.  I generated the signed message which included in the encrypted string a lowering of the minimum payout trigger to 0.1000btc but it didn't take.  After the initial payout since the signed message configuration change I expected the payout to be lowered but it was not.  Is the minimum not changeable below what is dictated by the value equation used by Eligius staff?

A standard bitcoin transaction is spendable after only one confirmation, and fully confirmed after 6 confirmations.  When a new block is mined, the coinbase transaction that gives the 25 BTC + transaction fees requires 120 confirmations before it is spendable.

Most pools send the output of the coinbase transaction to a pool-owned address, then pay you in a separate normal transaction.  It will appear in your wallet as 'unconfirmed' until one more block is mined (the confirmation).  Eligius (and also P2pool) pay miners directly from the coinbase transaction.  That's why the transaction shows up a a 'mined' transaction which shows up as 'immature', and takes 120 confirmations to mature.

You can set you minimum payout to anything >= 0.01 BTC.  If it didn't work, it probably means that the signature failed.  It should tell you whether if it passed or failed a few lines up toward the top of the page.

Libertarians:  Diligently plotting to take over the world and leave you alone.
Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 10:39:12 PM

Also the clear demarcation of 'Mined'.  I wonder if this will prove a problem with that obscure rule that mined bitcoins make one an international money transfer agent if one tries to use it for anything but barter.
I don't know that any nation has a rule like that... the closest I'm aware of would be FINCEN's guidance that created virtual currency has such regulatory properties - but miners just discover coins predetermined by the protocol, they don't create them. In any case, I doubt any legal institution cares about technicalities.

soy
Legendary

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 11:29:14 PM

A standard bitcoin transaction is spendable after only one confirmation, and fully confirmed after 6 confirmations.  When a new block is mined, the coinbase transaction that gives the 25 BTC + transaction fees requires 120 confirmations before it is spendable.

Most pools send the output of the coinbase transaction to a pool-owned address, then pay you in a separate normal transaction.  It will appear in your wallet as 'unconfirmed' until one more block is mined (the confirmation).  Eligius (and also P2pool) pay miners directly from the coinbase transaction.  That's why the transaction shows up a a 'mined' transaction which shows up as 'immature', and takes 120 confirmations to mature.

You can set you minimum payout to anything >= 0.01 BTC.  If it didn't work, it probably means that the signature failed.  It should tell you whether if it passed or failed a few lines up toward the top of the page.

Thank you for explaining the difference.

Then if I take the hash generated by the signature, paste it in and decode it I should see the message?  And if so then it's something else I'm not doing correctly.  For instance, I put a minimum diff of 121 for the Mercury on the address.  Then later that day I added two more miners who's diff might more correctly be 7 and 2 but didn't change the requested min diff of 121.  Would that prevent all config changes from being accepted?
soy
Legendary

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 11:31:59 PM

Also the clear demarcation of 'Mined'.  I wonder if this will prove a problem with that obscure rule that mined bitcoins make one an international money transfer agent if one tries to use it for anything but barter.
I don't know that any nation has a rule like that... the closest I'm aware of would be FINCEN's guidance that created virtual currency has such regulatory properties - but miners just discover coins predetermined by the protocol, they don't create them. In any case, I doubt any legal institution cares about technicalities.

Thanks.  It was the FINCEN guidance I was referring to but then I take it that never became legally binding for US citizens?
xyzzy099
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1041

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 11:33:42 PM

Thank you for explaining the difference.

Then if I take the hash generated by the signature, paste it in and decode it I should see the message?  And if so then it's something else I'm not doing correctly.  For instance, I put a minimum diff of 121 for the Mercury on the address.  Then later that day I added two more miners who's diff might more correctly be 7 and 2 but didn't change the requested min diff of 121.  Would that prevent all config changes from being accepted?

The diff setting does not actually work, but the payout amount setting does.  A lot of people seem to have trouble getting the signed message to be accepted...  I don't know what causes that problem.

Libertarians:  Diligently plotting to take over the world and leave you alone.
soy
Legendary

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 11:44:24 PM

Again I misunderstand verifying messages.  When verifying, it doesn't decode and present the message, one needs to put coding address, the exact message, and the signature then if it is accurate it will say Message verified.  Which it just did.
soy
Legendary

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 11:58:14 PM

The payout went smoothly with the new block.  I notice it seems less 'spendable', having 26 confirmations already but needing 94 more blocks, than BTC earned elsewhere.  Also the clear demarcation of 'Mined'.  I wonder if this will prove a problem with that obscure rule that mined bitcoins make one an international money transfer agent if one tries to use it for anything but barter.  Bitcoins mined on another pool have not that demarcation.

But the question I wish to ask, is the minimum payout stat changeable on the configuration page?  I have Bitcoin-QT on another machine than the one having the cookie storing the receive address.  I generated the signed message which included in the encrypted string a lowering of the minimum payout trigger to 0.1000btc but it didn't take.  After the initial payout since the signed message configuration change I expected the payout to be lowered but it was not.  Is the minimum not changeable below what is dictated by the value equation used by Eligius staff?

Again I misunderstand verifying messages.  When verifying, it doesn't decode and present the message, one needs to put coding address, the exact message, and the signature then if it is accurate it will say Message verified.  Which it just did.

Yes, submitting a signed message of only the minimum payout happened immediately after submission.  Thanks.  (Too bad there isn't a fix for these super long blocks.)
Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 12:07:12 AM

Thanks.  It was the FINCEN guidance I was referring to but then I take it that never became legally binding for US citizens?
As far as I know, it's been legally binding since even before the guidance was written (ie, they were just explaining the law's application).
IANAL, but miners don't create bitcoins, so it doesn't apply to us at all.

soy
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 01:27:08 AM

As far as I know, it's been legally binding since even before the guidance was written (ie, they were just explaining the law's application).

I think I have it.  We work to solve to some degree a mathematical puzzle.  When the puzzle is solved to the current requirement there is a reward of 25 Bitcoins.  Those Bitcoins were not 'created' in the solving of the mathematical puzzle to the required degree, those Bitcoins were created at the very inception of the Bitcoin concept, in a strictly limited quantity which will be apportioned out over time.  Miners do not create Bitcoins.  The FINCEN regulation is technically and legally wrong.
Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 02:02:40 AM

I think I have it.  We work to solve to some degree a mathematical puzzle.  When the puzzle is solved to the current requirement there is a reward of 25 Bitcoins.  Those Bitcoins were not 'created' in the solving of the mathematical puzzle to the required degree, those Bitcoins were created at the very inception of the Bitcoin concept, in a strictly limited quantity which will be apportioned out over time.  Miners do not create Bitcoins.  The FINCEN regulation is technically and legally wrong.
FINCEN never said they were talking about miners, AFAIK. They were just talking about virtual currencies in general.
Linden is the administrator of Second Life virtual currency - that rule applies to them since they do just create it.
It doesn't have an equivalent in Bitcoin.

soy
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 03:06:14 AM

TY
Pages: « 1 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 [131] 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 ... 200 »
  Print  

Jump to: