Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:52:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243125 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
adrianbits

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 04:32:44 PM

Please keep working on new exchanges.  I'm a patient person but constantly seeing that short maintenance message with C-CEX has pushed me over the edge.  I'm cashing out, if the site is ever working long enough for me to use it.  Spent at least 90 minutes trying to do what it takes 2 minutes to do on any other exchange I use.  I'll use coinsmarkets for BBP, they have less volume but at least they're usable.

What is up with this exchange?? constantly shows the 'be back in 15' message. I think they do this to get ahead of people's trades and put their own. Or they do not know what they are doing.

This week it has been unusable. With the recent pump/dump in price there was no way to benefit. They took forever in taking coins in. And when I tried to put a trade, it goes into maintenance.

Have they always been this way? Is there something else going on behind the scenes?
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tiras

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 04:36:17 PM

Shocked Shocked

btw: 1 important thing for masternode linux machine for hot wallet=  25GB is very low from VULTR= beware, get with min 50GB ..... we have problems on DASH with this VPS  Wink after 1year will be this space complete fully
best choice will be build own cheap little machine=NUC INTEL is best choice for this or get cheap dedicated machine with 500GB space, exists more solutions

this is a good point actually. 

I wonder  how long will masternode with 40 GB storage last ?

hardly any provider can offer 500GB on VPS .
I'd rather get a static IP from my cable provider and host it myself.

BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Slack - Discord | C-CEX - CoinsMarkets | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel
saintarchimedes

Activity: 22

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 04:44:05 PM

biblepaygenerate is true but the debug file is not being created.

how do i setup solo mining? maybe i can get it working solo first.

alright so I've tried reindexing and created a new worker… also confirmed I was connected using wget however its still not letting me mine for some reason. I also tried restarting biblepay and restarting with the conf edited but no luck. Where is this other directory you speak of? right now I'm in the biblepay folder in usr (src). How do I cd to the dir you are talking about?

Aha! Thats probably it, its probably the execution user is different than the working dir (maybe).

So heres one way to try:
Go back to linux command prompt.
cd ~/.biblepaycore
nano biblepay.conf

modify this file to have gen=0
debug=true
debugmaster=true

exit nano

rm debug.log

Then start biblepay, and while it is running:

cd ~/.biblepaycore
cat debug.log

Verify the timestamps in the log are current.

Also, verify 'getmininginfo' shows biblepaygenerate=false

If these two things are true, then just edit the biblepay.conf file again with the pool info, and try again.

We need to ensure setting gen=0 says biblepaygenerate=false, then setting gen=1 makes getmininginfo say biblepaygenerate=true, then we know you are affecting the correct config file.

(The testnet config file is at ~/.biblepaycore/testnet3/biblepay.conf to answer your question but you wont need that).

bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 04:54:27 PM

If you are currently trying to set up a cold sanctuary, yet the windows release is not ready for 3 more hours:

* You can use the current windows version to set up your masternode (IE getaccountaddress, sendtoaddress, etc).

http://wiki.biblepay.org/Create_Sanctuary

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
zthomasz

Activity: 489
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 04:54:54 PM

Hi, what is the company about?
C-CEX is our exchange... Once they take us down we can work on our mandatory upgrade.

Looks like we are in maintenance now.  Mandatory upgrade is on the way.  The block number is going to be approx 21350 with the goal being to test our masternode sync tomorrow night into Saturday morning, then receive masternode payments starting Sunday.  Once I know things are finalized then we can stay with this new version.

More info will be available soon.

The mandatory upgrade should be ready for windows in about 4 hours.  In the mean time could I get some linux nodes to upgrade?

Code:
BiblePay - 1.0.6.5 
Mandatory Upgrade

- F8000 (Proof-of-Bible-Hash) Starts at block #21350
- Sanctuaries go live at Block #21350
- Sanctuary payments go live at block #21551
- Superblocks start at block 30001
- Superblock are monthly
- Amazon integration (in wallet e-commerce) goes live at block 21350
- Proposals and Budgets go live at block 21551

Let's install a couple sanctuaries and ensure things are working....

I'll start upgrading some linux servers now ... please post the link to download the upgrade.
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 05:05:44 PM

If you are currently trying to set up a cold sanctuary, yet the windows release is not ready for 3 more hours:

* You can use the current windows version to set up your masternode (IE getaccountaddress, sendtoaddress, etc).

Update:  You can only complete about 60% of the cold sanctuary deployment process with the current (old) windows release.  You can create your masternode.conf, send the escrow, add the private key and spin up your linux Sanctuary side, but you cannot actually start the sanctuary from the old windows version.

This is because the old version does not have the correct sanctuary collateral args compiled in.  So yes, for the start-many command etc, we will have to wait a couple more hours for the windows release to finish Firing up your Cold Sanctuaries....

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
sharpshot

Activity: 250
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 05:09:32 PM

Please keep working on new exchanges.  I'm a patient person but constantly seeing that short maintenance message with C-CEX has pushed me over the edge.  I'm cashing out, if the site is ever working long enough for me to use it.  Spent at least 90 minutes trying to do what it takes 2 minutes to do on any other exchange I use.  I'll use coinsmarkets for BBP, they have less volume but at least they're usable.

What is up with this exchange?? constantly shows the 'be back in 15' message. I think they do this to get ahead of people's trades and put their own. Or they do not know what they are doing.

This week it has been unusable. With the recent pump/dump in price there was no way to benefit. They took forever in taking coins in. And when I tried to put a trade, it goes into maintenance.

Have they always been this way? Is there something else going on behind the scenes?
I've been trying to use it for 3 hours now.  I'm sure I had a sell order that's no longer there.  Been trying to withdraw for the past hour, waiting for a confirmation email now but not sure if that will arrive.  Lucky I didn't send a lot of coins to them, never had problems with other exchanges, hopefully they are just having a bad day but this isn't the first time for me.
tiras

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 05:09:57 PM

C-CEX is our exchange... Once they take us down we can work on our mandatory upgrade.

Looks like we are in maintenance now.  Mandatory upgrade is on the way.  The block number is going to be approx 21350 with the goal being to test our masternode sync tomorrow night into Saturday morning, then receive masternode payments starting Sunday.  Once I know things are finalized then we can stay with this new version.

The mandatory upgrade should be ready for windows in about 4 hours.  In the mean time could I get some linux nodes to upgrade?

Code:
BiblePay - 1.0.6.5 
Mandatory Upgrade

- Superblock are monthly

I'll start upgrading some linux servers now ... please post the link to download the upgrade.

if you are running an older version on linux use "git pull"   to update the local repo .  make sure you are in biblepay dir 1st .

BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Slack - Discord | C-CEX - CoinsMarkets | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 05:11:56 PM

https://coinmarketcap.com/gainers-losers/

this is a good point actually. 

I wonder  how long will masternode with 40 GB storage last ?

hardly any provider can offer 500GB on VPS .
I'd rather get a static IP from my cable provider and host it myself.

Our blockchain size is only 17 Megs right now with 21000 blocks, with our small blockchain size and 7 minute blocks, we should technically sync fast and stay small for a long time ... Knock on wood....

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 05:15:37 PM

Well if your debug.log is not being created that is a major roadblock you must fix that first or you would be flying blind when changing the config.  Your basically running a copy with a datadir somewhere else but making changes to a copy that never gets executed Smiley so try to find your debug.log first.

How about doing the find command for debug.log - its usually in (~/.biblepaycore), and once you find it, that is the place to modify your biblepay.conf file (if you will run as that user).

Then all these pool commands will work fine Smiley

Good luck.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 05:18:33 PM

Sanctuaries added so soon! Excellent work devs.

I will get my sanctuary set up within a few days, any idea how long c-cex will take to update the wallet on their end?

Since we are releasing so many changes at once, I am really wanting to slow down just a little and have us verify the Sanctuary Payment (to the first few lucky Sanctuaries), verify those are working, and then verify the superblock system appears to be "ready" and we are still syncing on Monday the 18th.  Then if we feel good about it, Ill let c-cex know.  They technically have up to 9 days to bring us back on after that, but its usually within a few days...

This way if something goes wrong while we are down, we can just fix it here and now.

(Rare luxury)...

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 05:25:50 PM

Two more small gotchas with deploying Prod Sanctuaries:

This guide had the Testnet port #.  I just corrected it to be 40000 (prod).
Note: This comes into play when you create your masternode.conf file on your Cold controller wallet.  Ensure you have IP:40000 in there.

The other gotcha:
If you already installed watchman-on-the-wall and were part of testnet, please update your watchman.conf with the Prod configuration.
Test it by running the
venv/bin/python bin/watchman.py
command on that node to be sure no error is posted.

(You will actually receive an error until the cold Sanctuary is synced with an mnsync status 999).

On a side note: Once we deploy windows, dont try to start your cold Sanctuaries until each of them say:
mnsync status
= 999 - that will save you some trouble.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 05:37:13 PM

BiblePay - v1.0.6.5 - Mandatory Upgrade
Code:
- Superblock are monthly

sharpshot

Activity: 250
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 05:53:07 PM

Got my withdraw from C-Cex.  The confirmation email went to a different email address, that bit was my fault.  It was still a horrible experience, just selling some BBP, transferring to Doge and withdrawing (to avoid the crazy Bitcoin withdrawal fee).  I hope they're working on improving their exchange.  There's so many decentralized ones starting up, they need to have a much more functional site.  Has anyone tried this one?  I don't like the name but it looks interesting https://cobinhood.com/home
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 05:53:25 PM

- Superblock are monthly

Alright, 1.0.6.5 is out there for windows.  The release is ready for everyone to upgrade.

Now lets test our cold sanctuaries....

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
adrianbits

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 05:58:57 PM

Got my withdraw from C-Cex.  The confirmation email went to a different email address, that bit was my fault.  It was still a horrible experience, just selling some BBP, transferring to Doge and withdrawing (to avoid the crazy Bitcoin withdrawal fee).  I hope they're working on improving their exchange.  There's so many decentralized ones starting up, they need to have a much more functional site.  Has anyone tried this one?  I don't like the name but it looks interesting https://cobinhood.com/home

you think putting it in doge is a good idea? i was thinking litecoin myself. But its at an alltime high

i tried a small purchase of litecoin (0.015) so i could get past their 0.01 transfer fee.

what was your thinking behind doge?
adrianbits

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 06:00:11 PM

- Superblock are monthly

Alright, 1.0.6.5 is out there for windows.  The release is ready for everyone to upgrade.

Now lets test our cold sanctuaries....

what happens if i do not upgrade?

can you provide clear instructions on how to upgrade?
zthomasz

Activity: 489
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 06:02:19 PM

Will someone please post a link to the mandatory upgrade downloads for linux and windows .. thanks.
tiras

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 06:06:05 PM

Will someone please post a link to the mandatory upgrade downloads for linux and windows .. thanks.

just for you :

http://biblepay.org/

togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 06:09:39 PM

can you provide clear instructions on how to upgrade?

For Windows:
- close BiblePay,
- go to BiblePay website: http://biblepay.org/
- in Downloads section download 32 bit or 64 bit exe,
- install on top of your current installation to update

===

For Linux:
Code:
#Stop BiblePay
cd /home/yourname/biblepay/src 
./biblepay-cli stop 

#Pull down latest Biblepay code and build it
cd /home/yourname/biblepay 
git pull origin master 
sudo make 

#Turn BiblePay back on and check version number
cd src 
./biblepayd -daemon 
./biblepay-cli getinfo

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: