Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:16:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243130 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
adrianbits

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 10:56:10 PM

I am seeing a 50% drop in Hashes per second2 and shares reported with the mandatory upgrade

2 machines on vultr. Both identical settings (they were clones). Older client appears faster/more efficient at mining than new one.

Hoping this is not a case of false positives. I will delay upgrading as long as I can. Sucks to be downgraded by the new algo, the 8% mining fees, etc.
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 11:00:01 PM

My system connected to the pool and the hashrate stayed the same. No noticeable increase or decrease.

The f8000 algo starts at block 21350.  So we should see a decrease overall at that point.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 11:04:14 PM

What does that mean exactly?

Can the old nodes still mine on the pool?

I was answering based on what happens to the lone machines who dont upgrade.  They end up going into solo mining mode, and any block they find on a fork cant be cashed in for BTC.

They will end up going solo because the tip they are mining in the pool will not match after block 21350.

If one were to gain 100,000 bbp alone on a fork, once they upgrade, the wallet will erase that extra bonus balance.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
slovakia

Activity: 770
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 11:05:10 PM

bible_pay try to write to COINDESK about your problem with scammer of your BTC and problem with listing: Coindesk is best watching site about crypto: may be they can help with this: for 3.5 BTC you could support thousands children  Angry  may be any TOP exchanges help us

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 11:10:30 PM

In terms of pool mining, if I update my servers now I can just close my eyes and leave them through Christmas and New year and they will keep on mining?

Thanks again

Theoretically, yes.  As long as we dont need another release, and I pray we dont.

Regarding that ccex post, if all goes well this weekend with us Ill skype him and see if he can bring us up before he leaves on vacation.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 11:19:05 PM

They are basically closing for a month when most exchanges are open 24/7

Rob, when you get a chance, since the other exchanges broke their covenant with you, can you share what exchanges they were?  And since this was a negotiated price for being a charity crypto, what price would they accept no matter what type of coin to list on their exchanges?

Also, will 1 controller wallet work for multiple masternodes, so you would just need the multiple of the number of biblepay in the controller wallet?
10-4 on closing for a month, but we don't know how many consecutive days Yuri the owner has worked since he started, he might have never had a vacation.  Anyway not sure if you know the story but ccex was the exchange that was broken in very early in their lifetime and I think the hackers took 900 BTC.  Somehow he funded the business enough with his personal money and kept going even through the lull a few years ago and did it by blocking an equal amount of withdrawals (in BTC) across all accounts.  Miraculously over time, he made enough profit to make up for it.  When I talked to him about a month ago on skype, he had finally broken even.  So I guess its time for a real vacation finally.  I have to give him credit for his perseverance, its unbelievable he worked for negative all this time.

The exchanges were Binance and HitBtc.  Lets wait before we jump to conclusions, until after I get my money back.  Im still waiting for my 3.5btc refund on the deal.  Once I know the exact nature of the situation Ill do everything I can to reach Binance and Hits Sr managers and find out if I got scammed by a perpetrator or not impersonating sr mgmt.  Its a sick feeling to be down 3.5 btc.

On the controller, yes, you can have as many sancs hooked up to one controller as you want, and yes, if you have 10 sancs, then you need the 15.5 MM bbp in the controller wallet (to be safe) this way you can keep it encrypted and or offsite etc.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 11:24:48 PM

bible_pay try to write to COINDESK about your problem with scammer of your BTC and problem with listing: Coindesk is best watching site about crypto: may be they can help with this: for 3.5 BTC you could support thousands children  Angry  may be any TOP exchanges help us
Good idea.   I think I will take time to do that.  Once I know the nature of the situation Ill expose it.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 11:26:50 PM

I am seeing a 50% drop in Hashes per second2 and shares reported with the mandatory upgrade

2 machines on vultr. Both identical settings (they were clones). Older client appears faster/more efficient at mining than new one.

Hoping this is not a case of false positives. I will delay upgrading as long as I can. Sucks to be downgraded by the new algo, the 8% mining fees, etc.
Not possible.  Please ask a few others here, HPS changes dont go into effect for another 140 blocks.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
aikida3k

Activity: 180

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 11:36:24 PM

Rob, when you get a chance, since the other exchanges broke their covenant with you, can you share what exchanges they were?  And since this was a negotiated price for being a charity crypto, what price would they accept no matter what type of coin to list on their exchanges?

Also, will 1 controller wallet work for multiple masternodes, so you would just need the multiple of the number of biblepay in the controller wallet?
10-4 on closing for a month, but we don't know how many consecutive days Yuri the owner has worked since he started, he might have never had a vacation.  Anyway not sure if you know the story but ccex was the exchange that was broken in very early in their lifetime and I think the hackers took 900 BTC.  Somehow he funded the business enough with his personal money and kept going even through the lull a few years ago and did it by blocking an equal amount of withdrawals (in BTC) across all accounts.  Miraculously over time, he made enough profit to make up for it.  When I talked to him about a month ago on skype, he had finally broken even.  So I guess its time for a real vacation finally.  I have to give him credit for his perseverance, its unbelievable he worked for negative all this time.

The exchanges were Binance and HitBtc.  Lets wait before we jump to conclusions, until after I get my money back.  Im still waiting for my 3.5btc refund on the deal.  Once I know the exact nature of the situation Ill do everything I can to reach Binance and Hits Sr managers and find out if I got scammed by a perpetrator or not impersonating sr mgmt.  Its a sick feeling to be down 3.5 btc.

On the controller, yes, you can have as many sancs hooked up to one controller as you want, and yes, if you have 10 sancs, then you need the 15.5 MM bbp in the controller wallet (to be safe) this way you can keep it encrypted and or offsite etc.

I didn't know the back story on Yuri and C-cex.  I wish they could have someone there to keep deposits and withdrawals going, though.  But I am thankful for his listing of bbp and admire him returning the btc.  We should pray for you as a community that you get your bitcoin back and the situation comes to a better resolution.

Is the windows wallet update ready now?
jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 11:39:33 PM

tldr what happened that dev lost 3.5BTC? Did the dev send it to the wrong address?
adrianbits

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 11:43:22 PM

Not possible.  Please ask a few others here, HPS changes dont go into effect for another 140 blocks.

My bad. Apparently it took a long period of time  for it to warm up and catch up to it. They are at parity now

I will go about updating the others one and report my experiences if relevant
jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 11:44:44 PM

What is the ETA for masternodes going live? Lat time I heard it was around Christmas?
Iuliu

Activity: 83
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 11:46:13 PM

It is absolute sure that c-cex is coming back after 20 january from vacations?because i am holding my BBP on c-cex wallet.. and now the wallet is in maintenance .. i can not withdraw it right now.
adrianbits

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 11:50:06 PM

It is absolute sure that c-cex is coming back after 20 january from vacations?because i am holding my BBP on c-cex wallet.. and now the wallet is in maintenance .. i can not withdraw it right now.

You could convert to litecoin, doge, or other coins and get out that way.

sharpshot

Activity: 250
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 12:06:21 AM

Got my withdraw from C-Cex.  The confirmation email went to a different email address, that bit was my fault.  It was still a horrible experience, just selling some BBP, transferring to Doge and withdrawing (to avoid the crazy Bitcoin withdrawal fee).  I hope they're working on improving their exchange.  There's so many decentralized ones starting up, they need to have a much more functional site.  Has anyone tried this one?  I don't like the name but it looks interesting https://cobinhood.com/home

you think putting it in doge is a good idea? i was thinking litecoin myself. But its at an alltime high

i tried a small purchase of litecoin (0.015) so i could get past their 0.01 transfer fee.

what was your thinking behind doge?
I was using litecoin before the huge rise.  Unfortunately, I sold it just before it surged, the worst timing but I was only using it to move funds.  I bought doge because it was only a small amount of money and I'll probably hold onto it for a while.  Probably wouldn't do it if I was moving a lot of money.  Dogecoin is interesting though, it started off as a joke coin but has a huge community.  That's something I like about cryptocurrency, people get attached to some coins and don't give up on them and they become quite resilient, even if they don't appear to have much going for them.
sharpshot

Activity: 250
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 12:19:29 AM

The good news on C-CEX being walled off for a month...no pumps/dumps

No more pump and dump schemes by the big miners for 30 days.

Since they cant get any new bbp in there, the price will find a natural equilibrium. (price rise?)

Then when the exchange opens again, it will flood in with all those new mined coins (price drop?)

Wont they just go to coinsmarkets and dump their coins there?  Good news for that exchange, they need the volume.  I don't mind if the price goes down because I'll buy some if it dips.
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 12:22:03 AM

Rob, when you get a chance, since the other exchanges broke their covenant with you, can you share what exchanges they were?  And since this was a negotiated price for being a charity crypto, what price would they accept no matter what type of coin to list on their exchanges?

10-4 on closing for a month, but we don't know how many consecutive days Yuri the owner has worked since he started, he might have never had a vacation.  Anyway not sure if you know the story but ccex was the exchange that was broken in very early in their lifetime and I think the hackers took 900 BTC.  Somehow he funded the business enough with his personal money and kept going even through the lull a few years ago and did it by blocking an equal amount of withdrawals (in BTC) across all accounts.  Miraculously over time, he made enough profit to make up for it.  When I talked to him about a month ago on skype, he had finally broken even.  So I guess its time for a real vacation finally.  I have to give him credit for his perseverance, its unbelievable he worked for negative all this time.

The exchanges were Binance and HitBtc.  Lets wait before we jump to conclusions, until after I get my money back.  Im still waiting for my 3.5btc refund on the deal.  Once I know the exact nature of the situation Ill do everything I can to reach Binance and Hits Sr managers and find out if I got scammed by a perpetrator or not impersonating sr mgmt.  Its a sick feeling to be down 3.5 btc.

I didn't know the back story on Yuri and C-cex.  I wish they could have someone there to keep deposits and withdrawals going, though.  But I am thankful for his listing of bbp and admire him returning the btc.  We should pray for you as a community that you get your bitcoin back and the situation comes to a better resolution.

Is the windows wallet update ready now?

Yes!  Windows is ready for download:

https://www.biblepay.org

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 12:24:05 AM

What is the ETA for masternodes going live? Lat time I heard it was around Christmas?

Now the eta is tomorrow for the actual Sanctuary go-live (IE to see the sanctuaries in the list), then sometime over the weekend we are going to see if sanctuary payments work.

It was moved a little earlier because of all the drama with the exchanges but that deal fell through.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 12:26:00 AM

Anyone in the US want to buy a brand new bible and guinea pig our AWS integration in Prod?

18:19:15

exec listproducts

18:19:16

{
  "Command": "listproducts",
  "0718083296": {
    "Product ID": "0718083296",
    "URL": "https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51Y3qWNJfKL.jpg,https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/319EIF1lfuL.jpg",
    "Price": 1918,
    "Title": "The NKJV, Holy Bible, Larger Print, Paperback",
    "Details": "<br>  Paperback: 1280 pages,<br>  Publisher: Thomas Nelson; Lgr edition (March 8, 2016),<br>  Language: English,<br>  ISBN-10: 0718083296,<br>  ISBN-13: 978-0718083298,<br>  Product Dimensions: 5.5 x 1.7 x 8.5 inches,<br>  Shipping Weight: 1.5 pounds<br>"
  }
}

The bible is only 1918 BBP due to our high price!

EDIT: If so, please follow these wallet instructions first:

http://wiki.biblepay.org/Ecommerce

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
adrianbits

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 12:28:32 AM

Anyone in the US want to buy a brand new bible and guinea pig our AWS integration in Prod?

18:19:15

exec listproducts

18:19:16

{
  "Command": "listproducts",
  "0718083296": {
    "Product ID": "0718083296",
    "URL": "https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51Y3qWNJfKL.jpg,https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/319EIF1lfuL.jpg",
    "Price": 1918,
    "Title": "The NKJV, Holy Bible, Larger Print, Paperback",
    "Details": "<br>  Paperback: 1280 pages,<br>  Publisher: Thomas Nelson; Lgr edition (March 8, 2016),<br>  Language: English,<br>  ISBN-10: 0718083296,<br>  ISBN-13: 978-0718083298,<br>  Product Dimensions: 5.5 x 1.7 x 8.5 inches,<br>  Shipping Weight: 1.5 pounds<br>"
  }
}

The bible is only 1918 BBP due to our high price!

I would but then the pool operator would get all my personal information. I feel much safer shopping directly with Amazon
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: