Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:05:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 ... 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243130 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
616westwarmoth

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 02:05:03 AM

Thank you so very much, that has been the main thing that keeps me up at night is that we could get over-extended and unable to support the current orphans.  The upheaval in their lives would be devastating.  Thank you again.

▄    BIBLEPAY    ▄    The Cryptocurrency for Christians    ▄     BIBLEPAY   
   Reddit      ANN Page      Biblepay Forum  
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2017, 03:57:35 AM

Slovakia,

Miner Who Found Block is now being populated.

PS Anyone who noticed the external links were dissapearing: FIXED.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2017, 04:06:11 AM

I just discovered one interesting thing regarding our budgets:

I was trying to reconcile the 2.8MM coin emission in the 30 day superblock cycle for one month of charity expenses, vs. the huge amount of coins we initially sold for the very first month of existence (7MM), and I was thinking, why less than half?

It turns out the reason why is our superblocks use the assumption of maximum diff and minimum block payment, to ensure that enough BBP is held back during the period regardless of the dynamic emission level - another words, it assumes each days minimum subsidy is paid to comprise the 30 day 20% total.

So if you are trying to reconcile this 5.78MM budget for one month, its based on the minimum 5,000 BBP block minus deflation (1.5% per month) * .20.

My only concern is that our price level stays high enough to fund compassion at our current 188+ child level far into the future.  With our tithe blocks ending we basically ramped off from close to double the emission to half. 

Lets hope our price is here to stay.  So if we can maintain and grow, this emission level will be positive for our scarcity and may propel us higher.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
616westwarmoth

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 05:02:03 AM

How difficult would it be (other than the temporary pain of missing a month), to shift the budget from forward looking to backwards looking?

What I'm thinking is the emission structure could get the estimate wrong as you've accurately stated.  So, is there a way to shift the funds to four wallets, an Orphan Wallet, IT Wallet, PR Wallet and P2P Wallet each superblock.  Then those are the coins are available to be voted upon for 30 days, and at the end of that 30 day period (when the next superblock arrives, or more accurately at superblock -1) the wallet funds are distributed to the proposals that win?  The one issue would be trying to "save" up projects for an extra month during the transition.  But it would eliminate the risk of being too conservative with our funds (especially in the orphan fund).

616westwarmoth

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 05:28:12 AM

Code:
getgovernanceinfo
getsuperblockbudget 24600

We are currently on block 22005 https://biblepay-explorer.org/
So 2,595 blocks to go, at 7 minute block rate = 12.6 days, so around January 1st we will hit the superblock

There are currently 5,789,219.786313 BBP coins in this superblock budget.
So far only about ~10% of those coins have been requested in proposals.

Im assuming Rob will request 1-2+ million BBP for Compassion Charity,
and Im hoping he requests many coins for his IT work
But that should still leave a bunch of coins left in the budget, and if they dont get used they get burned/deleted.

ANYONE can create a proposal and request coins: http://wiki.biblepay.org/Create_Sanctuary_2#SUBMIT_PROPOSAL
Im surprised there aren't more people creating proposals!

For a proposal to be approved it has to receive a net 10% of Yes votes
(there are currently 48 sanctuaries, so you will probably need 5 Yes votes)

I was also thinking about this. And it's actually awesome to have a budget of $40,000 per month already!

I don't know how will the Compassion part be determined every month, but I remembered that with this budget, I think it's completely acceptable to get a listing at masternodes.online (https://masternodes.online/new-masternode-coins/).

Because, even though it's kind of expensive at 0.125 BTC / $2,000, it's only about 5% of the budget, which is not even filled and will get burned if not used.

Also, they accept directly BBP, which is great really. I could make a proposal for this if it is a good idea.

I've reached out to them and am awaiting a response.

nananaminer

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 06:59:26 AM

[New Proposal Added]

I don't have a sanctuary yet since my coins are stuck in C-Cex, but testing out the proposals in the meantime. (Thanks Togo for the nudge)
Here's my proposal for my auto pool mining script back in October.

http://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=56.msg920#msg920

Feel free to vote yes or no.
Cheers,
strayapple

Activity: 68

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 07:14:26 AM

[New Proposal Added]

I don't have a sanctuary yet since my coins are stuck in C-Cex, but testing out the proposals in the meantime. (Thanks Togo for the nudge)

Cheers,

sanctuary owner maybe say no to you because they don't need mining.
jaapgvk

Activity: 574
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 07:15:00 AM

So if you are trying to reconcile this 5.78MM budget for one month, its based on the minimum 5,000 BBP block minus deflation (1.5% per month) * .20.

Is there a way to change this? As in: 'total amount of coins per month * 0.2'

I'm wondering how the superblock is filled with coins. Is it instantaneously at the moment of creation, of is it per block?

🕇 BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Discord | SouthXchange | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel 🕇
jaapgvk

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 07:20:07 AM

Thank you so very much, that has been the main thing that keeps me up at night is that we could get over-extended and unable to support the current orphans.  The upheaval in their lives would be devastating.  Thank you again.

Yes, thank you Rob for taking this approach I want to be conservative concerning the orphans, and pay ahead well into the future before taking on new ones.

🕇 BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Discord | SouthXchange | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel 🕇
nananaminer

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 07:22:44 AM

[New Proposal Added]

Cheers,

This was created 2 months ago and I'm sure many in the forum used it, since I got a bunch of messages about it.

Definitely, The sanctuaries are here to decide what they deem is worthy and what's not. Would be happy to act as the first neutral proposal that gets both the votes from the sanctuaries.
"The process is more important than the outcome".
twinkledthomas

Activity: 143
Merit: 11

I will win, not immediately but definitely

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 07:22:55 AM

I amvery excited to hear this. Is it availablenow. What about the value and other details.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
jaapgvk

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 07:46:59 AM

[New Proposal Added]

Cheers,

Sorry, but that's not how this works. All kinds of development for the coin can be good, plus, we need the miners, and I want new miners to be able to start mining without needing much technical knowledge.

But while I think development should be applauded, I don't think we should simply hand out money for things that were developed on a voluntary basis in the past, as I think that's the wrong approach. That's why I also have concerns regarding Togo's billing of some his activities (I think he's doing an AWESOME job btw, I just think not all of his past activities should be compensated with monetary funds).

I'm all for submitting proposals and making this coin really work. But I think we should take the forward approach instead of a backward one. I don't want to incentivise people to go out there and do stuff and try to get money for it afterwards (not that anyone did that in the past!)

So I'm all about where we want to go from here, and then allocate people and resources from the superblock to really make things happen.

ferohers

Activity: 54

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 08:03:10 AM

Hey everyone,

How do you check amount of coins in the wallet on terminal screen? I do not have gui access.
nananaminer

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 08:16:49 AM

Hey everyone,

How do you check amount of coins in the wallet on terminal screen? I do not have gui access.

Go to your biblepay directory (cd biblepay/src). If you are already running a daemon, type
Code:
./biblepay-cli getbalance
else type the command below to start your daemon and wait till it syncs
Code:
./biblepayd -daemon
To explore other commands enter
Code:
./biblepay-cli help
inblue

Activity: 462
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 08:22:50 AM

Hey everyone,

Got to your biblepay directory (cd biblepay/src). If you are already running a daemon, type
Code:
./biblepay-cli getbalance
else type the command below to start your daemon and wait till it syncs
Code:
./biblepayd -daemon
To explore other commands enter
Code:
./biblepay-cli help

Side note: immature balance will not show in getbalance, to see that use getwalletinfo.
ferohers

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 08:30:05 AM

thanks both. I needed to check both of them.
cryptomaster13

Activity: 212
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 08:49:11 AM

Another thing we should consider doing is having a Goat drive:

https://www.compassion.com/catalog/donate-a-goat-charity-gift.htm?referer=566162&utm_source=xmpie&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=gc4_control_FY18

We should be able to afford a few goats as a new proposal.

Maybe someone can take up the responsibility for adding goat proposals, and seeing to it they are funded.

Wow, there is a lot of stuff there, all amazing! Take a look everyone:

https://www.compassion.com/catalog/view-all.htm

I think this is just perfect for BiblePay.

Thanks for reply,
BBP is showing as MAINTENANCE? What is in Maintenance actually?? BBP wallet OR C-CEX???
adrianbits

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 09:05:18 AM
Last edit: December 21, 2017, 09:18:32 AM by adrianbits

[New Proposal Added]

Cheers,

Sorry, but that's not how this works. All kinds of development for the coin can be good, plus, we need the miners, and I want new miners to be able to start mining without needing much technical knowledge.

But while I think development should be applauded, I don't think we should simply hand out money for things that were developed on a voluntary basis in the past, as I think that's the wrong approach. That's why I also have concerns regarding Togo's billing of some his activities (I think he's doing an AWESOME job btw, I just think not all of his past activities should be compensated with monetary funds).

I'm all for submitting proposals and making this coin really work. But I think we should take the forward approach instead of a backward one. I don't want to incentivise people to go out there and do stuff and try to get money for it afterwards (not that anyone did that in the past!)

So I'm all about where we want to go from here, and then allocate people and resources from the superblock to really make things happen.

The guy wrote a script that helped people mine. It literally directly helped others get their coins. And he gets no vote of support (-5)

What kind of group is this?? There is such a spirit of greed in here.

Give the guy the rewards he deserves! What is it going to cost you? Absolutely nothing. What did it cost him - time and skill.

Pathetic
ferohers

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 09:05:24 AM

Another thing we should consider doing is having a Goat drive:

https://www.compassion.com/catalog/donate-a-goat-charity-gift.htm?referer=566162&utm_source=xmpie&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=gc4_control_FY18

We should be able to afford a few goats as a new proposal.

Maybe someone can take up the responsibility for adding goat proposals, and seeing to it they are funded.

Wow, there is a lot of stuff there, all amazing! Take a look everyone:

https://www.compassion.com/catalog/view-all.htm

I think this is just perfect for BiblePay.

Thanks for reply,
BBP is showing as MAINTENANCE? What is in Maintenance actually?? BBP wallet OR C-CEX???

C-cex's non-ending maintainance. That is one of the reason why people asking Biblepay to enter new exchanges.
jaapgvk

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 09:25:52 AM

[New Proposal Added]

Cheers,

The guy wrote a script that helped people mine. It literally directly helped others get their coins. And he gets no vote of support (-5)

What kind of group is this?? There is such a spirit of greed in here.

Give the guy the rewards he deserves! What is it going to cost you? Absolutely nothing. What did it cost him - time and skill.

Pathetic

I don't think it's greed on my part at all. I'm just trying to figure out how we should go about these kind of things. I'm all for dialogue. I do think there is a place in this project for volunteers and for people that get paid for what they do. It's on us to decide where the border is in an open and transparant way.

Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 ... 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: