Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 11:43:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 [221] 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 ... 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243191 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2018, 03:48:04 AM

After reading this I am way more bullish on cryptos:

https://www.rt.com/business/419734-bank-america-cryptocurrency-threat/

It goes to show you, the hidden truth is banks view Bitcoin as a threat, as they risk losing their foreign currency trade market (Stellar, Ripple), their foreign exchange (Bitcoin), and Interest income (Deflationary investments + Staking interest).

They are completely insecure, and its showing now in their quarterly earnings warnings, and they even ban bitcoin purchases on their debit cards.  In my view they should at least let people speculate fairly.

This also makes me believe a lot of equities will lose to cryptos, as Goldman/Chase lose the opportunity to place people in "safe" investments.  Whats ironic is what appears safe now carriers dollar devaluation risk and system market collapse risk.  Id rather own Biblepay than GE.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2018, 04:33:36 PM

I see JesusCoin is still being traded on Stocks.Exchange !?
Who buys & sells this thing.

https://stocks.exchange/trade/JC/BTC/

Anyway, I believe Tiras mentioned Stocks once to me?  Anyone feel like checking into Stocks.Exchange to see how much to be listed and viability of Biblepay?

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
JanpriX

Activity: 1708
Merit: 606

Buy The F*cking Dip

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:27:31 PM

Anyway, I believe Tiras mentioned Stocks once to me?  Anyone feel like checking into Stocks.Exchange to see how much to be listed and viability of Biblepay?

Honestly speaking, getting listed to Stocks.Exchange will not be very beneficial for Biblepay and for the community. I've read some threads here in BTCtalk that Stocks.Exchange use the coins deposited into them to create their own masternode and dump the reward that they get from it. I'm aware that I need to provide the links of those threads and I'm finding it right now. Once I get hold of those accusations, I'll share it here. If I'm not mistaken, those threads also have the evidence to back it up.

My suggestion is for Biblepay to be listed in Coinexchange.io. They're a small exchange with decent volume. Have you already checked that exchange?
jaapgvk

Activity: 574
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:46:40 PM
Merited by inblue (1)

Speculators. Sadly, this coin actually gets decent - negative - exposure in the media. I read an article yesterday about the risk of ICO's where this coin was also mentioned. I guess there's nu such thing as bad publicity. I think that as soon as Biblepay gets a decent marketing strategy, we'll soar past JesusCoins trading volume.

About the exchange: I hope coinsmarkets.com will become fully functional again in the coming weeks, and then we'll have three exchanges. I also heard someone mention Cryptobridge, which is a decentralized exchange (which I think is a plus). And I like that.

But I think getting on a bigger exchange (requiring multiple rounds of funding maybe), will be more beneficial than being on a bigger number of smaller exchanges.

Oh, and I came across a couple of people now that have been mining on a fork because they didn't update their wallets when a mandatory came out. Of course, this is the responsibility of individuals to keep their wallets updated, but if you're not on this forum/reddit/etc every couple of days, you might miss an update. I was wondering what we could do to keep people more in the loop with these kind of things, and I thought that maybe it's an idea to start a newsletter (when we have our new website), to inform people not only about updates, but also about our roadmap and new charities etc. I know I should talk about this with Thomas and April I guess, but still I just wanted to put it out there to see if others have better ideas about our flow of information.

I was also wondering if it was maybe possible to have the wallet check for new mandatories from time to time? I have no idea about the technicalities of that.

🕇 BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Discord | SouthXchange | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel 🕇
hrentz

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:51:01 PM

I attempted to tranfer Biblepay last night from 2 different wallets into 1. One of the transfers went through in a few minutes. The other is still sitting with no confirmations. I did not make any changes to the fees, transaction id 4e0678ba2e41f9e69bd3e5f09e756d41e253e66c0a123d6229431249b95f8a05-000. Does anyone know how to troubleshoot?
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2018, 07:07:57 PM

Delete this one as well.

Instead: I will delete things on my own accord, as its entirely my decision to purge the Trash from our forum.

SVK Noko: You risk being banned from the thread, if you continue to post Trash here, you will be dealing with the BTCTalk mods.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2018, 07:14:43 PM

Honestly speaking, getting listed to Stocks.Exchange will not be very beneficial for Biblepay and for the community. I've read some threads here in BTCtalk that Stocks.Exchange use the coins deposited into them to create their own masternode and dump the reward that they get from it. I'm aware that I need to provide the links of those threads and I'm finding it right now. Once I get hold of those accusations, I'll share it here. If I'm not mistaken, those threads also have the evidence to back it up.

My suggestion is for Biblepay to be listed in Coinexchange.io. They're a small exchange with decent volume. Have you already checked that exchange?

Thanks!  Maybe thats OK if they want to pump n dump a Sanctuary for their personal gain.  I guess it depends on the volume it adds for us.  We are a lot of work anyway with our quarterly releases so they have to do their share of work anyway.  Yes please post it if you can that might be interesting to read.

So on coinexchange, I got a reply from them after Luke, thanks LUKE, did a lot of legwork with them, they agreed to list us for 2BTC.  I opened a ticket and asked if this was still firm and didnt receive a reply as of 12/5/2017.  I guess I can follow up again, clicking on the ticket it says deleted, not a very nice way to start a relationship.  So we probably still have a good offer to go there for 2btc, but that is $22,000 and would need someone to enter a proposal to maybe reimburse themselves in 3-6 stages.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2018, 07:16:28 PM

I attempted to tranfer Biblepay last night from 2 different wallets into 1. One of the transfers went through in a few minutes. The other is still sitting with no confirmations. I did not make any changes to the fees, transaction id 4e0678ba2e41f9e69bd3e5f09e756d41e253e66c0a123d6229431249b95f8a05-000. Does anyone know how to troubleshoot?

The 4e06 tx did not go to the network.  I would ensure both wallets are running 1.0.9.0+ first, and both are synced, then go to the sending wallet and restart with -zapwallettxes, then after you recover the full balance, re-send the transaction.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2018, 07:19:12 PM

Not sure where we broke compatibility but I see the prayers are not on our Overview page anymore!

Im going to fix that and also add an RPC command to see the current prayers.

Btw, We rotate prayers for one week, once every minute, and repeat the prayers consecutively looping at the end to the beginning.

(Prayers over 1 week old fall off the prayer list).

People can Enter a prayer in the chain by sending a transaction with the Prayer checkbox checked.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
MIP

Activity: 362

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 08:14:13 PM

Oh, and I came across a couple of people now that have been mining on a fork because they didn't update their wallets when a mandatory came out. Of course, this is the responsibility of individuals to keep their wallets updated, but if you're not on this forum/reddit/etc every couple of days, you might miss an update. I was wondering what we could do to keep people more in the loop with these kind of things, and I thought that maybe it's an idea to start a newsletter (when we have our new website), to inform people not only about updates, but also about our roadmap and new charities etc. I know I should talk about this with Thomas and April I guess, but still I just wanted to put it out there to see if others have better ideas about our flow of information.

I was also wondering if it was maybe possible to have the wallet check for new mandatories from time to time? I have no idea about the technicalities of that.

That would be easy, just serve last valid version value somewhere at biblepay.org and let the wallet software check it at startup or similar.
aikida3k

Activity: 180

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 08:19:42 PM

The 4e06 tx did not go to the network.  I would ensure both wallets are running 1.0.9.0+ first, and both are synced, then go to the sending wallet and restart with -zapwallettxes, then after you recover the full balance, re-send the transaction.

1.0.8.6 was the last mandatory, correct?  But you would recommend upgrading to 1.0.9.4d for production? Just asking, because the stability of 1.0.8.6 has been great.  Is the next mandatory still planned around March 15?
inblue

Activity: 462
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 10:11:02 PM

But I think getting on a bigger exchange (requiring multiple rounds of funding maybe), will be more beneficial than being on a bigger number of smaller exchanges.

Agreed, I think this is a goal we should pursue next. Also, let's not forget about the Next.exchange, maybe we will get there (which is for free) and maybe it will turn out to be a big popular exchange. Those are two maybes, but still. Smiley

I thought that maybe it's an idea to start a newsletter (when we have our new website),
to inform people not only about updates, but also about our roadmap and new charities etc.

This is an amazing idea, I love it! There could be a blog on the website with news and articles about BiblePay and then something like a biweekly or a monthly newsletter which sums up all the great things which have been done over the past few weeks! And the articles could be about learning about BiblePay, and for every newsletter, apart from links to some articles, there could also be a short form "Did you know?" segment, for example "Did you know that you can send prayers from the BiblePay wallet?".
aikida3k

Activity: 180

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 01:53:49 AM

After reading this I am way more bullish on cryptos:

https://www.rt.com/business/419734-bank-america-cryptocurrency-threat/

It goes to show you, the hidden truth is banks view Bitcoin as a threat, as they risk losing their foreign currency trade market (Stellar, Ripple), their foreign exchange (Bitcoin), and Interest income (Deflationary investments + Staking interest).

They are completely insecure, and its showing now in their quarterly earnings warnings, and they even ban bitcoin purchases on their debit cards.  In my view they should at least let people speculate fairly.

This also makes me believe a lot of equities will lose to cryptos, as Goldman/Chase lose the opportunity to place people in "safe" investments.  Whats ironic is what appears safe now carriers dollar devaluation risk and system market collapse risk.  Id rather own Biblepay than GE.

I'm pretty bullish on cryptos as well, but I would be more bullish if they weren't all so correlated: when the alts sell off, all of the major alts sell off at the same time.  I wish the market would differentiate coins better.  If the market refuses to differentiate, eventually it is a fallacy to believe there will only be X number of coins ever created because people will keep on instantiating new coins that are correlated with the other coins already in existence.  If the correlations remain, correlated coins are the same as producing more of the same coin that is advertised as being limited in number.  Ideally, there will be demand for quality and there will be a flight of capital from lower quality to higher quality; from less unique to more unique.  

In the longer term, one of the hallmarks of a more mature crypto market would be if cryptos were seen as a good alternative to stocks and bonds and would start to obviously siphon capital away from securities.  Basically if stocks go down, cryptos would start to go up or stocks would flatten out while cryptos increase.  Eventually lower multiples and more reasonable valuations would be demanded to invest in securities- higher dividends, lower PEs, bigger yields.  Value investing really would come back in vogue.  The nice thing about cryptos is there isn't earnings announcement risk- that means there isn't really much of a limit on valuations other than relative market size versus fiat currencies, gold, stocks, etc. 
SVK Noko

Activity: 267

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 09:12:21 AM

Could somebody explain why BBP mining has a huge data consumption and what is included in this data? Second question in camparism how much data consuption has new rosetta mining?
jaapgvk

Activity: 574
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 12:07:39 PM

Agreed, I think this is a goal we should pursue next. Also, let's not forget about the Next.exchange, maybe we will get there (which is for free) and maybe it will turn out to be a big popular exchange. Those are two maybes, but still. Smiley

I thought that maybe it's an idea to start a newsletter (when we have our new website),
to inform people not only about updates, but also about our roadmap and new charities etc.

This is an amazing idea, I love it! There could be a blog on the website with news and articles about BiblePay and then something like a biweekly or a monthly newsletter which sums up all the great things which have been done over the past few weeks! And the articles could be about learning about BiblePay, and for every newsletter, apart from links to some articles, there could also be a short form "Did you know?" segment, for example "Did you know that you can send prayers from the BiblePay wallet?".

I like the 'Did you know?', because indeed, for example the 'prayer request' and 'repent for sin' functions are something I never really looked into before. I looked at it yesterday, and I still don't really now how the prayer request works (you tick the box, and the 'send message' box is turned into a prayer in the wallet?).

But that's the thing: there are a lot of things about Biblepay that have a lot of potential, but I think it's key that these get developed and brought into the light more. For example, I really like the Biblepay University. Giving BBP is a great incentive for people to take the tests (it's just the way it is), and while they do it, they learn more about the Bible. Spreading the gospel is one of the core values of Biblepay, so that's really neat. If we find someone who is good at making quizzes, and willing to put in the hours (in exchange for BBP or on a voluntary basis), I think that would also be a nice feature to have for our newsletter. For example, we could ask a multiple choice question in the newsletter, and when you click the answer you go directly to the Biblepay University.

🕇 BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Discord | SouthXchange | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel 🕇
slovakia

Activity: 770
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 12:30:08 PM

Could somebody explain why BBP mining has a huge data consumption and what is included in this data? Second question in camparism how much data consuption has new rosetta mining?
Rosetta bude spotrebovavat cca rovnake mnozstvo dat : skoc na rosettu a pozri si statistiky: cpu,ram,hdd,traffic=vsetko je tam  Wink

SVK Noko

Activity: 267

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 12:41:01 PM

Rosetta bude spotrebovavat cca rovnake mnozstvo dat : skoc na rosettu a pozri si statistiky: cpu,ram,hdd,traffic=vsetko je tam  Wink

Dik ale v tom bordeli na rosete som nic nenasiel, mas nejaky konkretny link? Pripadne vlastne cislo z vlastnej statistiky?
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2018, 01:13:45 PM

I like the 'Did you know?', because indeed, for example the 'prayer request' and 'repent for sin' functions are something I never really looked into before. I looked at it yesterday, and I still don't really now how the prayer request works (you tick the box, and the 'send message' box is turned into a prayer in the wallet?).

But that's the thing: there are a lot of things about Biblepay that have a lot of potential, but I think it's key that these get developed and brought into the light more. For example, I really like the Biblepay University. Giving BBP is a great incentive for people to take the tests (it's just the way it is), and while they do it, they learn more about the Bible. Spreading the gospel is one of the core values of Biblepay, so that's really neat. If we find someone who is good at making quizzes, and willing to put in the hours (in exchange for BBP or on a voluntary basis), I think that would also be a nice feature to have for our newsletter. For example, we could ask a multiple choice question in the newsletter, and when you click the answer you go directly to the Biblepay University.

On the prayer feature, if you check the prayer checkbox and enter a prayer (in the message field), the prayer is advertised for one week on the overview page in the bottom left.  Its designed to allow the whole network to be prayer warriors for real causes.  (IE someone in your family has cancer and we all pick up on it and pray for them).  Btw, you can either send BBP to yourself or if you click send to foundation- it goes into the (compassion) orphan wallet.

It will be fixed today in testnet so we can test in the PODC thread.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
slovakia

Activity: 770
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 04:05:05 PM

Dik ale v tom bordeli na rosete som nic nenasiel, mas nejaky konkretny link? Pripadne vlastne cislo z vlastnej statistiky?
pozri si statistiky ludi,su tam hore v liste projekty: dokonca vies obmedzit CPU,RAM,TRAFFIC a na BBP preto spotreba dat=lebo to robia NODEs

togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 09:42:47 PM

Has anyone developed a Mobile Wallet for BiblePay?

Mobile Wallet?
https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/7esc05/mobile_wallet/

Slovakia are you interested to take lead on this?

Anyone else want to jump on this?

We need a mobile wallet if we want to spread BiblePay through 3rd World Countries

I contacted webster 5 days ago and haven't heard back.

Pages: « 1 ... 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 [221] 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 ... 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: