Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 06:38:28 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 [571] 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 ... 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243197 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
slovakia

Activity: 770
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 05:22:35 PM

exist on this forum anybody who knows hows working POG?   Roll Eyes

edit:// loooool,we have POG2?  cisty kokotizmus

bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2018, 05:55:10 PM

when will be new december proposals in wallets? in pool exists,where is problem? thanks

Maybe problem is on your side I have it all right.
same problem is in TheSnats wallet too ...

SVKNOKO ca you see just december proposals? i see novembers too

#1 - Please put a github issue in; all that is wrong is the wallet isn't filtering out old proposals (even though we have code in there to do that, its not using the latest getgovernanceinfo blockheight for the filter).

#2 - In the mean time as a workaround, take a look at the Date Column on the top of the screen and only view proposals > Dec 1 2018

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2018, 06:55:19 PM

Let's face it:  we have the most vocal existing PODC miners with their BIASED opinions posting here!  There you have it, Im neutral and looking for the best foundation for biblepay.  Lets work together.

The status quo (which is what the majority of users are doing) should be no surprise as the most vocally supported choice.  I have said a few times and will say it here, going to something other than PoDC would likely personally benefit me (as the cost for me to produce BBP with BOINC is exceeding our value...whereas some others have very cheap power and can continue).  The bottom line is change CAN be good, but it comes with cost, and that is uncertainty and instability.  The keys in my book are to continue down the path it seems like is in danger of being abandoned (PoDC) and work on possible other factors in the background.  Simplifying the difficulty of starting BOINC would go a long way, but even that won't likely be enough to swell our ranks nor recover the price (outside of an overall rebound in the BTC markets).

There has been a tremendous amount of change in this coin over it's first 18 months, most of it has been beneficial but with each change, we lose some users and so far have gained others.  Further change will certainly do the same, so it has to be carefully weighed.  Unfortunately, there is not a good gauge of community support as only a fraction of the users have Sanctuaries or vote on the forums.  So any decision, even with "strong community support" will only reflect a small portion of the users.

Slow and steady wins the race, right now the markets are chaotic, I'm wagering in the next 12 months, up to as many as 90% of the current coins will fail.  If this coin can survive, it might be with innovation, it might be with perseverance or it might be with providence.  But my feeling is a time of crisis (low price) is not the correct time to make dramatic changes.

10-4 on the status quo, I agree.

Regarding the change and the user base, I disagree that we have lost users and miners.  I think we went through a growth phase with POBH, and some of them went away, the ones who didnt care about us, but the ones who did care are probably still in the background and decided to not take the complicated plunge with PODC, or did take the plunge and now we have half in PODC compared to the miner count in pure POBH (POBH was easy to start, its a given).

On your innovation vs perseverance:  I firmly believe innovation is what keeps us out of the graveyard.  The perseverance part is a given and required also.  But I think we should be known for our own innovation and not known as the next clone-coin.  That can set us apart.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
slovakia

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 07:03:59 PM

when will be new december proposals in wallets? in pool exists,where is problem? thanks

#1 - Please put a github issue in; all that is wrong is the wallet isn't filtering out old proposals (even though we have code in there to do that, its not using the latest getgovernanceinfo blockheight for the filter).

#2 - In the mean time as a workaround, take a look at the Date Column on the top of the screen and only view proposals > Dec 1 2018

filtering of columns doesnt working.......why i have to post to github: i posted few problems, never fixed it

thesnat21

Activity: 490
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2018, 07:21:01 PM

filtering of columns doesnt working.......why i have to post to github: i posted few problems, never fixed it

We need you to enter an issue on github so it doesn't get lost in this thread.

When it comes to dev time,  would you rather have people fixing issues identified or searching for them here?

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2018, 07:23:33 PM

When it comes to dev time,  would you rather have people fixing issues identified or searching for them here?

Right, and also, it's not really an official issue for us if you didn't enter a github.  It's spam.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2018, 07:25:16 PM

I'm not suggesting that the wallet can filter based on typing a date, I'm suggesting that you read the date on the screen and ignore proposals < Dec 1 2018.

Once the internal filter is fixed it will then filter (thats what we need in github).

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
slovakia

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 08:20:20 PM

When it comes to dev time,  would you rather have people fixing issues identified or searching for them here?

Right, and also, it's not really an official issue for us if you didn't enter a github.  It's spam.

all this is spam then ... close bbp and all will be OK...... ppl wont be nervous from all your changes ...

GRCPOOL jumped to mining and you wanna to change mining again? facepalm

who cares any github? 0.001% ppl from here using github ... omg

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2018, 09:49:07 PM

When it comes to dev time,  would you rather have people fixing issues identified or searching for them here?

Right, and also, it's not really an official issue for us if you didn't enter a github.  It's spam.

all this is spam then ... close bbp and all will be OK...... ppl wont be nervous from all your changes ...

GRCPOOL jumped to mining and you wanna to change mining again? facepalm

who cares any github? 0.001% ppl from here using github ... omg

Thanks - Also, please have a wonderful day.

God Bless You - and as always continue to seek Jesus Christ, Lord of Lords.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
afeno

Activity: 175
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 10:33:30 PM

Hello,
Purepool seems to be down. Last block was found 12 hours ago...
@Light, can you please have a look?
secoccular

Activity: 226
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 11:50:08 PM

I saw grcpool has a page for BBP. Looks like it's going to auto-exchange to GRC, per a majority vote in a poll.

https://www.grcpool.com/about/biblepay

fenton91

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 12:15:03 AM

At the time of this writing, the PODC is at 60-70%. Fees will be used to get back the pool's initial investment

Now we can see why the BBP price jumped up to 19 Sat then 24 sat yesterday and now 15.
sunk818

Merit: 111

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2018, 03:20:55 AM

For a better understanding of PoG, whenever you see "tithe" read that as "Donate to the Orphan Fund".  The word "tithe" is based on a biblical principle but the word doesn't always translate well.

In the context of Proof of Givong, tithe is not the right word. I think sow and reap is correct because you sow bbp to foundation and hope to reap more. Tithe means tenth and it's not even clear what 10% you are giving. If you mined a specific reward, giving a tithe of that makes more sense.

The term donate is correct use of word because the amount is whatever you want to give.

tithe
/tīT͟H/
noun
one tenth of annual produce or earnings, formerly taken as a tax for the support of the church and clergy.

sunk818

Merit: 111

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2018, 03:24:35 AM

Do we really need a GitHub? Some of the ones I put in get ignored or closed. Proposal list has been like this since release. Okay you put scrolling window. Why is proposal list based on pool.biblepay.org and not actual block chain data? Not a good look when the qt wallet has half finished UI screens and pog v2 is going to be worked on.

inblue

Activity: 462
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 07:43:59 AM

I'm not suggesting that the wallet can filter based on typing a date, I'm suggesting that you read the date on the screen and ignore proposals < Dec 1 2018.

Once the internal filter is fixed it will then filter (thats what we need in github).

I think he meant that sorting doesn't work, that is, you can't click on a column and have the table sorted in an ascending or descending order.

I have a few ideas for better UX of the proposal menu in the wallet:
1. The table could show proposals in chronological order by default, it would be much easier to see everything.
2. Proposals for which you have voted could have colored rows or something, to easily distinguish for which proposals you didn't vote. It would encourage more voting.
inblue

Activity: 462
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 07:48:54 AM

I think we went through a growth phase with POBH, and some of them went away, the ones who didnt care about us, but the ones who did care are probably still in the background and decided to not take the complicated plunge with PODC (POBH was easy to start, its a given).

I confirm this in bold is me. When PoDC was introduced, I couldn't delve into it, it was too complicated for me to even start, even though I've read everything. What also contributed is that I don't have much time as before, because life. But I think it's definitely too complicated to become a miner still, that's why my vote is for PoG.

However, miners are one thing and users are another. Miners are users, but users are not necessarily miners. This is especially true for bigger and more successful coins. Miners there probably make up a 1-digit percent of all users, whereas in BiblePay I guesstimate the miners make up close to 100%. We need to come up with features that are attractive to non-mining users. For example, the whole charity feature is only applicable to miners, but it's marketed as if it applies to all users.
tybiboune

Activity: 313
Merit: 8

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 09:57:16 AM

Now THAT's a bold statement!!!! Cheesy Cheesy

declaring a project a "scam" without trying to get any help first  Huh

Well, first of all if you installed everything like yesterday or the day before, you wouldn't get any "reward". That's normal. Secondly, to receive some reward from your BOINC processing, you need to have some BBP in your wallet first. For this, you can either use "heat mining", which is by default activated when you install the bbp wallet/daemon, it uses the usual PoW to actually "mine" some BBP directly to your wallet. But depending on your processor, it can take a long time before you get enough BBP to get your BOINC rewards. One faster way is to use the "Airdrop". It's all explained on the https://pool.biblepay.org/ website. This way you'll get something like 1000 BBP to start. Then the fastest way is to go to an exchange and buy some BBP.... They're very cheap now, so you can get a serious bunch for something like $20/25, and that should put you in a good shape for getting BOINC rewards (but you still need to leave it some time, like 2-3 days). Depending on your processors power, you need more or less BBP on your wallet to get the maximum BOINC reward. It's all explained, just do a little research, use google too (and you can try this link : https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/7nevdg/how_to_get_biblepay_bbp_coins/ )

Don't let the hassle discourage you, it's a really nice project!

And please, ask first before declaring a "scam" Cheesy

BiblePay is a scam.
They say you help some people but they redirect you to a site who use your system for them (https://boinc.bakerlab.org/rosetta/home.php).
You can not control anythink.
My PC work to many projects and I do not receive any point!!Beware my friend.
MIP

Activity: 362
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 10:40:53 AM

The way I see PoG2 is as PoW (PoBH) + pooled PoS (the "tithing" part), with a 20%-80% reward ratio respectively.

After some meditation I think it can really help us kill three targets in one hit:
- simplify usability
- removing the need of an external pool (through the internal pooled PoS process).
- remove dependency on an external oracle process (BOINC)

So technically speaking it's a very good idea. Perhaps it was necessary to explain it in more simpler terms.

For me it keeps the best of PoW world and adds a new dimension to PoS (I haven't heard of any other alt coin with internal pooled PoS, only external).

Another point of the discussion is that, even if PoG2 it's a good idea, whether the moment is right or not. It's hard to say. Probably if we were on the good old times we would say "it's fine, don't touch it!". So this would make bad times (like the ones we are in) much more suitable for changes.
thesnat21

Activity: 490
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2018, 03:53:53 PM

Do we really need a GitHub? Some of the ones I put in get ignored or closed. Proposal list has been like this since release. Okay you put scrolling window. Why is proposal list based on pool.biblepay.org and not actual block chain data? Not a good look when the qt wallet has half finished UI screens and pog v2 is going to be worked on.

The proposal list is pulling from the client (or it would be an easy update to remove/filter)

Yes we need a github,   consider the issues there a ticket system.  Several things have been fixed, but if it's not reported some place where it wont get lost,  then don't expect it to get fixed.
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2018, 04:01:42 PM

Yes, we need an issue for anything related to the core wallet software added to github.  (Otherwise it is not an issue , it's spam).

No, issues in github have not been ignored Or Closed.  (The closed ones always had a post showing the resolution).  Open ones are either low priority (IE less than something groundbreaking) or looking for a resource that You can help us find to work it.

Proposal list is not based on Pool.biblepay.org.

"Not a good look"   - "Half Finished":  The datagrid for version 1.0 works, its more advanced than Dash not having one, and I will pray for you to have a more improved attitude going forward.

EDIT: I see thesnat replied at the same time, sorry.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
Pages: « 1 ... 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 [571] 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 ... 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: