Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:13:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 166 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] Sphere - Decentralized Social Networking >200,000 users  (Read 46899 times)
crazyfrog01

Activity: 308
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 03:24:06 AM

great to hear that the the minimum soft cap was achieved. So i hope Sphere raised more in the next weeks and can start with full commitment to the development of the platform.

Great news, i think sphere has a great potential. Think about it, a working product which has members(i recall like above 200000) a reached soft cap and more weeks to raise some money. Above of this thread somebody mentioned, like facebook's first day and we have a share of it, that 's very true.
Great to hear that people are that optimistic about the project. The most important thing indeed is that they can get as many active users as possible. Looks like facebook will have a competitor in the near future.
I think that in the near future it will be difficult to compete with facebook and tweet, but in the future Sphere can eclipse them!

I think that it is difficult to move such giants as Facebook. They already have too much audience. It is easier for them to integrate their crypto-currency into the social network.
I agree that it is difficult but ant the end thex earn money with our information or to provide advertising.
A lot of people waiting for a solution which follows the topics data privacy and decentralization. Sphere got a lot of potential.

Indeed, facebook can integrate their own currency, but the biggest issue is the confidentiality of the data.
As far as I know, Facebook has had some problems with this. Many accounts have been compromised.
It was at one point, more identity theft.The issue was very publicized.Personally, I keep my profile private and can not be seen by everyone.
And when it comes to friends on facebook I manage them very well.
I think Sphere will be a great success.

Time will come that people will soon realize that Sphere will be a better alternative to Facebook. It just needs a critical mass following and everything will fall into place. Smiley

Not sure about the „soon“ but yes, someday people will have to realize that the Facebook era is over.

Sandblock  ❱❱  Decentralized consortium of brands and customers
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬          WhitepaperTelegramAnn Thread          ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
❰ TOKEN SALE ❱ MAY 16

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lvsca

Activity: 1792
Merit: 293

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 04:25:34 AM

great to hear that the the minimum soft cap was achieved. So i hope Sphere raised more in the next weeks and can start with full commitment to the development of the platform.

Great news, i think sphere has a great potential. Think about it, a working product which has members(i recall like above 200000) a reached soft cap and more weeks to raise some money. Above of this thread somebody mentioned, like facebook's first day and we have a share of it, that 's very true.
Great to hear that people are that optimistic about the project. The most important thing indeed is that they can get as many active users as possible. Looks like facebook will have a competitor in the near future.
I think that in the near future it will be difficult to compete with facebook and tweet, but in the future Sphere can eclipse them!

I think that it is difficult to move such giants as Facebook. They already have too much audience. It is easier for them to integrate their crypto-currency into the social network.
I agree that it is difficult but ant the end thex earn money with our information or to provide advertising.
A lot of people waiting for a solution which follows the topics data privacy and decentralization. Sphere got a lot of potential.

Indeed, facebook can integrate their own currency, but the biggest issue is the confidentiality of the data.
As far as I know, Facebook has had some problems with this. Many accounts have been compromised.
It was at one point, more identity theft.The issue was very publicized.Personally, I keep my profile private and can not be seen by everyone.
And when it comes to friends on facebook I manage them very well.
I think Sphere will be a great success.

Time will come that people will soon realize that Sphere will be a better alternative to Facebook. It just needs a critical mass following and everything will fall into place. Smiley

Not sure about the „soon“ but yes, someday people will have to realize that the Facebook era is over.

lot of spamming post, fake news, click bait are on fb as i see atm. need something new that can clear it all with better performance.

TONUP██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄███████▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████▄░▄▄▀█████▀▄████▄
▄███████▄▀█▄▀██▀▄███████▄
█████████▄▀█▄▀▄██████████
██████████▄▀█▄▀██████████
██████████▀▄▀█▄▀█████████
▀███████▀▄██▄▀█▄▀███████▀
▀████▀▄█████▄▀▀░▀█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀█████▄
▄██████████▀▀█████▐████▄
██████▀▀████▄▄▀▀█████████
████▄▄███▄██▀█████▐██████
█████████▀██████████████
▀███████▌▐██████▐██████▀
▀███████▄▄███▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████▀▀███▀▀███▀▀██▀███▄
████▀███████▀█▀███▀█████
██████████████████████
████▄███████▄█▄███▄█████
▀████▄▄███▄▄███▄▄██▄███▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
JOIN NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
batako

Activity: 1022
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 04:32:23 AM

I have a great confidence that sphere will be better than facebook in the future. It just need a regular innovations after the platform works.
jonnytracker

Activity: 672
Merit: 261

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 06:01:38 AM

I have a great confidence that sphere will be better than facebook in the future. It just need a regular innovations after the platform works.

If they integrate a forum system that will be great, also to be better than facebook they need to provide facilities facebook does not have
martinholly167

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 06:07:13 AM

What is the token price now?
Presale price $0.05 per 1 SAT
Ico price $0.14 per 1 SAT

Very big difference. What is the percantage of the tokens will sell on presale? And also are there any locking period for buyers on presale?

That's indeed a massive difference between presale and ICO. Is there also a tiered structure during the ICO or is it all $0.14?

How do you calculate $0.05?
According to https://sphere.social/de/presale/ there's different prices.

maybe with the 60% or 70% Bonus fpr Big Investors Smiley

Hopefully there are no people just buy a high amount with 70% bionus to sell it fast.
Normally the project try to avoid this.

That would require the team to agree on vesting periods with large scale strategic investors. Not sure if that happened or not, but if it didn't that could lead to massive sell pressure.
Whales effect can be avoided if run the limit of token sale in one hand. Sphere already has a large audience - I think so after listing SAT token will keep stable price. BTW they very well chose this token name SAT will be at everyone's ears!

Whales aren't necessarily a bad thing if they believe in the technology and make strategic long term investments. It would even help smaller investors who are not able to bring up so much money to actually benefit from better financing long term. The thing is just that some whales are not in for strategic reasons, but grab a large presale discount and then dump for an immediate 40-50% gain. That's why those vesting periods are good to have.

A good solution would be to lock the big bonusses for 6months to 1year. By then the price would be stable and a dump wouldn't have such impact anymore compared to the beginning.
But i think its too late to do that after the pre-sale is complete, its not fair at all.
What will you feel if youre on the pre-sale investors side?

Aren't pre-sale usually big investors like VC who believe in the project (long term? )
I think anyone can invest in presale, as long as they can afford the minimum investment.
But sometime presale and private sale are different.
pizza_dev

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 06:08:33 AM

If they integrate a forum system that will be great, also to be better than facebook they need to provide facilities facebook does not have

Yes that is so true. They have to offer new and more interesting facilities to compete with facebook.
alphashotgun

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 06:32:34 AM

Yes that is so true. They have to offer new and more interesting facilities to compete with facebook.

im already really curious -seems like they Weill overrule the existing webpages
the_lovely

Activity: 42
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 06:49:28 AM

im already really curious -seems like they Weill overrule the existing webpages

they are quite good imo but lets wait a little
crazyfrog01

Activity: 308
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 07:19:51 AM

A forum system? For what do we need a forum in a social network like Sphere? It would make more sense to make something like Facebook with groups etc., but I really don‘t need a forum. If I want a forum, I make a forum.

Sandblock  ❱❱  Decentralized consortium of brands and customers
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬          WhitepaperTelegramAnn Thread          ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
❰ TOKEN SALE ❱ MAY 16
Trrrt

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 08:04:10 AM

I think too that people will use sphere as a regular social network like Facebook. Its just a matter of time and habit, but at least for the crypto community, if the platform is well developped there will be a lot of users I think.
jonnytracker

Activity: 672
Merit: 261

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 08:39:25 AM

I think too that people will use sphere as a regular social network like Facebook. Its just a matter of time and habit, but at least for the crypto community, if the platform is well developped there will be a lot of users I think.

Did you try out the android Sphere app ?
omwibya

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 09:00:11 AM

that depends on how the dev's promote this. there needs to be a large increase in the user base for mass market adoption.

⧱▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ●     Uchit - The Hub of Communication and Collaboration based on Blockchain Technology.     ●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⧱
⧱▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬      Whitepaper     Facebook     Twitter     Telegram       ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⧱
PRE-ICO | 1st April 2018
aveon

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 09:43:51 AM

that depends on how the dev's promote this. there needs to be a large increase in the user base for mass market adoption.
If just gather all the people involved into cryptoworld in one social network, it will be much more than 200.000. Later on, they may attract other, let's say average people. The easiest thing for the devs I would say to try to attract cryptopeople first.
CHRISBIN702

Activity: 1120
Merit: 279

My blockchain can beat up your blockchain

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 09:49:22 AM

I like the project. If I had to give any criticism, it would be the tokens for downloading the app part of the plan. It just makes a giant list of people that will not actually use the platform. I think it creates a messy start to a social media app. Look at alphabet social platform for example. It's a spam fest and I already have more followers there than I do on twitter. Without even trying because they offer tokens for every friend you confirm.

Not for sale.........
Why, how much you got?
BY_ATOM

Activity: 406
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 09:55:31 AM

At least the data privacy advantage of sphere will be a good argument to change.
But untill then the project needs money and a good start to publish a product which got features the people expect from a social NW platform.
data privacy only matters to a small group of people. but it is a start. draw those people in and get bigger, then move to draw in others.

Sad but true. Most people are ignorant when it comes to data privacy. You need a different killer feature to draw people away from Facebook.

And you said, it seems most people don't really care anymore about their privacy. A good example is WhatsApp, I think. Even though there are more secure messenger apps, people wanna stick to WhatsApp. Sphere has really a long way ahead, but I am confident they can do it.
People do not worry that their personal information can be used by attackers against themselves! But when they encounter this problem and then start thinking about safety!

I think data security is one of foremost concern with this project and naturally the DEVs would make it a priority.
Data security is a problem of almost any project, especially such as social networks!

Axcel-m

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 10:21:21 AM

At least the data privacy advantage of sphere will be a good argument to change.
But untill then the project needs money and a good start to publish a product which got features the people expect from a social NW platform.
data privacy only matters to a small group of people. but it is a start. draw those people in and get bigger, then move to draw in others.

Sad but true. Most people are ignorant when it comes to data privacy. You need a different killer feature to draw people away from Facebook.

And you said, it seems most people don't really care anymore about their privacy. A good example is WhatsApp, I think. Even though there are more secure messenger apps, people wanna stick to WhatsApp. Sphere has really a long way ahead, but I am confident they can do it.
People do not worry that their personal information can be used by attackers against themselves! But when they encounter this problem and then start thinking about safety!

I think data security is one of foremost concern with this project and naturally the DEVs would make it a priority.
Data security is a problem of almost any project, especially such as social networks!

Your are right, many people do not care and use Whatsapp and Facebook. Mee too.
But it is a toppic comming up often in press and as soon as there are good alternatives the people will move.
wissy

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 10:38:34 AM

I like the project. If I had to give any criticism, it would be the tokens for downloading the app part of the plan. It just makes a giant list of people that will not actually use the platform. I think it creates a messy start to a social media app. Look at alphabet social platform for example. It's a spam fest and I already have more followers there than I do on twitter. Without even trying because they offer tokens for every friend you confirm.

Tokens for joining I think are still ok, it's pretty much the same as bounty campaigns. Despite the fact that some people won't use it, it still spreads the word. Giving tokens for confirming friends is however a little too much.

king_of_alts

Activity: 476

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 11:10:31 AM

Tokens for joining I think are still ok, it's pretty much the same as bounty campaigns. Despite the fact that some people won't use it, it still spreads the word. Giving tokens for confirming friends is however a little too much.

I see where Chris is coming from. People will abuse the system, no doubt about it. Hopefully there will still be enough people joining so that the network effect can kick in so that the abusers won't count too much.
mandibleclaw

Activity: 532
Merit: 50

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 11:27:43 AM

It's some sort of referrals bounty? For a start is ok I guess and you're right, some people won't use it but you rather register into a platform with 250,000 users or on a platform with 1,000 users ?

aveon

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 12:12:26 PM

I see where Chris is coming from. People will abuse the system, no doubt about it. Hopefully there will still be enough people joining so that the network effect can kick in so that the abusers won't count too much.
Maybe this project should cooperate with repu then, so it will be a solid social network with a solid reputation system.
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 166 »
  Print  

Jump to: