Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:23:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 ... 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 [195] 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 ... 274 »
  Print  
Author Topic: -  (Read 451935 times)
bittymitty

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 08:46:16 PM

Do you live in New Jersey too? Just curious, because I thought you did some work with the hardware there...but at the same time thought you might not live in that area.

Nope, I'm in Canada.  I've never actually met Zach in person, and have talked with him on the phone just once, I think.

Living in the future is cool.

grnbrg.

There you have it.

Grnbrg the "LRM shill" disassociates himself from the incoming fraud investigation.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
grnbrg

Activity: 509
Merit: 500

Official LRM shill

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 08:49:11 PM

Do you live in New Jersey too? Just curious, because I thought you did some work with the hardware there...but at the same time thought you might not live in that area.

Nope, I'm in Canada.  I've never actually met Zach in person, and have talked with him on the phone just once, I think.

grnbrg.

There you have it.

Grnbrg the "LRM shill" disassociates himself from the incoming fraud investigation.

And that's why I haven't been saying much.  Everything gets twisted.

grnbrg.
bittymitty

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 08:51:24 PM

grnbrg.

There you have it.

grnbrg.

So can you confirm this is not fraud?
BKM

Activity: 315

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 09:30:36 PM

grnbrg.

There you have it.

grnbrg.

There is zero evidence that a fraud has been perpetrated here. What there is being represented is that there is an issue and it is being worked on. You may certainly pursue the matter in law if you choose but I fail to understand how it benefits you or the other "bond"holders in anyway to make statements to the effect that there is fraud. 
BKM

Activity: 315

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 09:34:35 PM

I'm glad you think so. I do try to be self-correcting and thus will admit if I'm wrong. And so far, the consensus off forum is that I'm fair and reasonable in my approach...and have even been thanked for bringing certain information, points and issues up.

In phone conversations with Zach, we've always have quite cordial conversations. So, if you see me being intense on the forum, it's with the best intention and not personal. And I'm pretty sure Zach knows this based on our private conversations. We've yet to get into any uncomfortable talk on the phone - and they have tended to be pretty informal chats. My only issue on the phone is he is overly secretive about some things which seem pretty trivial, especially considering that many investors have more personal assets at stake than he does.

Anyway, so if I ever comes off that I'm being too aggressive, remember the rule we should all have learned already in email. The lack of inflection can often seem more intense or in the other direction trivial when typed out.

Anyway. I'm glad there are some people like you that are positive about Zach's intentions. However, I did notice you do have perhaps the largest sell order in place. Wink

I retracted that sell after I realized what was going on.... https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=320578.msg5647839#msg5647839
bittymitty

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 09:45:17 PM

grnbrg.

There you have it.

grnbrg.

There is zero evidence that a fraud has been perpetrated here. What there is being represented is that there is an issue and it is being worked on. You may certainly pursue the matter in law if you choose but I fail to understand how it benefits you or the other "bond"holders in anyway to make statements to the effect that there is fraud. 

We have no list of bonds - why not?

We have no contract - where is it?

We have no new hardware -  what happened?

Where is the proof this is not a fraud?

bobfranklin

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

aka `DiggeR

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 10:35:13 PM

grnbrg.

There you have it.

grnbrg.

We have no new hardware -  what happened?

Where is the proof there that a deception was made? If you made assumptions based on no proof then you can't have been deceived aka no fraud. Just to define things for you.
If it turns out the hardware has arrived and is mining but not being reported that would be an issue.

BTC: 1Q9zM8QKYGn6PkvogV5YC4PU5TBN8rQNHt
||bit

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 11:08:23 PM
Last edit: March 24, 2014, 11:22:14 PM by ||bit

Nope, I'm in Canada.  I've never actually met Zach in person, and have talked with him on the phone just once, I think.

grnbrg.

There you have it.

And that's why I haven't been saying much.  Everything gets twisted.

grnbrg.

We have no new hardware -  what happened?

Where is the proof there that a deception was made? If you made assumptions based on no proof then you can't have been deceived aka no fraud. Just to define things for you.
If it turns out the hardware has arrived and is mining but not being reported that would be an issue.

Strong terms both of you are using. But I think your pasting over his point using the term proof. However, he has what he believes is reasonable evidence - not proof - of fraud. He therefore can ask for proof of no fraud, that is, things which can easily explain the things he observes to make him reasonably suspicious. Trying to counter him by asking for proof of no fraud is close but does not quite make it an impasse (or stalemate) you are presenting, because he already has reasonable concern, and has presented on areas where there is evasiveness on LR's part. LR often talks about all the work he's doing, but nothing really ever seems to come to fruition. Then he dropped that bomb the other day. From someone whose been a victim of several sophisticated frauds that have ended in asset liquidations and fraudster imprisonment - there are some very suspicious facets to this.

He (Bittymitty) didn't list it, but one of the reasons he probably has in mind, was Labrat's apparent willingness to fix bonds to a specific hashrate with no guarantee of increased value for investors with new hardware. That alone, as I've said before, should set off buzzers to how LR views investors. Further, I provided evidence that Dave is still - to this day - shipping Bitfury hardware, and yet LR has reported nothing of any new hardware.

Don't you think it odd that Dave's website is reporting Bitfury hardware in stock that can ship upon receipt of payment, and yet LR has reported receipt of no new hardware?

I'm not sure I can say it IS a fraud. My guess is that Zach is in a bit over his head, and probably scared with how to proceed. And he might have convinced himself it's okay to put his personal interests ahead of investors (who took all the risk and funded the entire company) - which can be corrected with a lawsuit based on the original agreement - a possibility that won't go away even with a new contract. But it certainly doesn't look good, and I can't blame Bittymitty for being suspicious of a possible fraud.
bobfranklin

aka `DiggeR

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 11:59:39 PM

Nope, I'm in Canada.  I've never actually met Zach in person, and have talked with him on the phone just once, I think.

grnbrg.

There you have it.

And that's why I haven't been saying much.  Everything gets twisted.

grnbrg.

We have no new hardware -  what happened?

Strong terms both of you are using. But I think your pasting over his point using the term proof. However, he has what he believes is reasonable evidence - not proof - of fraud. He therefore can ask for proof of no fraud, that is, things which can easily explain the things he observes to make him reasonably suspicious. Trying to counter him by asking for proof of no fraud is close but does not quite make it an impasse (or stalemate) you are presenting, because he already has reasonable concern, and has presented on areas where there is evasiveness on LR's part. LR often talks about all the work he's doing, but nothing really ever seems to come to fruition. Then he dropped that bomb the other day. From someone whose been a victim of several sophisticated frauds that have ended in asset liquidations and fraudster imprisonment - there are some very suspicious facets to this.

He (Bittymitty) didn't list it, but one of the reasons he probably has in mind, was Labrat's apparent willingness to fix bonds to a specific hashrate with no guarantee of increased value for investors with new hardware. That alone, as I've said before, should set off buzzers to how LR views investors. Further, I provided evidence that Dave is still - to this day - shipping Bitfury hardware, and yet LR has reported nothing of any new hardware.

Don't you think it odd that Dave's website is reporting Bitfury hardware in stock that can ship upon receipt of payment, and yet LR has reported receipt of no new hardware?

I'm not sure I can say it IS a fraud. My guess is that Zach is in a bit over his head, and probably scared with how to proceed. And he might have convinced himself it's okay to put his personal interests ahead of investors (who took all the risk and funded the entire company) - which can be corrected with a lawsuit based on the original agreement - a possibility that won't go away even with a new contract. But it certainly doesn't look good, and I can't blame Bittymitty for being suspicious of a possible fraud.

I'm also not 100% committed enough to argue it (or serious!). I get the angst, but I'm tending to sit on the fence until some information appears rather than go off half cocked (but hey that's just me). Wasn't meant to appear as an attack at all, more just a case of "sure but the argument for those points swings both ways and gives no proof/evidence of either argument in that sense" which concern doesn't enter into in my mind in a black and white sense. Although I for one won't say more/some info would be nice.

elitenoob

Activity: 728

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 12:07:37 AM

So lawyer was supposed to give news on friday or saturday i guess and he was "sick" and now monday is over (at least for me) and still nothing. So it was a lie or this lawyer is too dumb to handle this.
||bit

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 12:23:27 AM
Last edit: March 25, 2014, 01:34:26 AM by ||bit

I'm also not 100% committed enough to argue it (or serious!). I get the angst, but I'm tending to sit on the fence until some information appears rather than go off half cocked (but hey that's just me). Wasn't meant to appear as an attack at all, more just a case of "sure but the argument for those points swings both ways and gives no proof/evidence of either argument in that sense" which concern doesn't enter into in my mind in a black and white sense. Although I for one won't say more/some info would be nice.

I'm certainly ready to see this saga end - one way or the other. Either Zach pulls through and does right to investors. Or we find out the worse, and it is a fraud.
One things for sure, if it is a fraud, the courts will settle it. Even if a new contract is presented that supposedly nullifies the old, LRM will be susceptible to a lawsuit.

It will be interesting (but sad) if LR tries to word any new contract without including any semblance of a guaranteeing that investors returns grow proportionately with new assets.
Anything less may start a riot.

By the way, just curious, would you entertain my question on the hardware? I'd like to hear someone else's take on that. Can you imagine a reasonable explanation?
||bit

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 12:24:58 AM

So lawyer was supposed to give news on friday or saturday i guess and he was "sick" and now monday is over (at least for me) and still nothing. So it was a lie or this lawyer is too dumb to handle this.

It just delays another couple days - so goes life here. I didn't expect anything though. Didn't he just say he was going to meet with the lawyer, but it was canceled for health reasons?

As for other news.. in his last comment he said he would or he wouldn't have some new info that day. Apparently, he didn't have anything.
bobfranklin

aka `DiggeR

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 03:16:30 AM

I'm certainly ready to see this saga end - one way or the other. Either Zach pulls through and does right to investors. Or we find out the worse, and it is a fraud.
One things for sure, if it is a fraud, the courts will settle it. Even if a new contract is presented that supposedly nullifies the old, LRM will be susceptible to a lawsuit.

It will be interesting (but sad) if LR tries to word any new contract without including any semblance of a guaranteeing that investors returns grow proportionately with new assets.
Anything less may start a riot.

By the way, just curious, would you entertain my question on the hardware? I'd like to hear someone else's take on that. Can you imagine a reasonable explanation?

Totally agree with that. Fingers crossed scenario personally.

Sure, it's clear Dave is selling hardware and stock levels indicate he's shipping hardware. To be completely black and white on it there's no evidence to support receipt of any shipment by zach as far as I can tell (this doesn't mean it hasn't been received - but I haven't seen a manifest for example). I'm actually inclined to believe that some hardware has been received at least as the divs were up the previous 2 weeks. Until I get clarification though I'm happy to sit in the dark being the mushroom I am (although I won't be happy if it's revealed it's been in for 2 weeks and is mining beyond the scope).

contactmike1

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 01:53:57 PM

If labrat already has the new hardware, we likely won't be seeing any dividend changes yet.  I doubt labrat will give an update on the hardware until after the contract issue is resolved.  If he publicly announces that the new hardware is mining and people aren't getting paid for it yet, all the pitchforks are going to come out, yet again.  There's no reason to stir the pot in this manner when it is known we can't receive the dividends yet.  So my guess is the announcement will come with the announcement of the new contract, and it will contain all the relevant information for a large back-pay of the backlogged dividends we are due.  
mmmerlin

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 03:02:19 PM

If labrat already has the new hardware, we likely won't be seeing any dividend changes yet.  I doubt labrat will give an update on the hardware until after the contract issue is resolved.  If he publicly announces that the new hardware is mining and people aren't getting paid for it yet, all the pitchforks are going to come out, yet again.  There's no reason to stir the pot in this manner when it is known we can't receive the dividends yet.  So my guess is the announcement will come with the announcement of the new contract, and it will contain all the relevant information for a large back-pay of the backlogged dividends we are due.  

There are good reasons to believe this to be the case - just thought I'd share a little light in the darkness.
sparky999

Activity: 473

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 03:10:30 PM

There are good reasons to believe this to be the case - just thought I'd share a little light in the darkness.

What good reasons? Zach certainly hasn't offered any either publicly or privately to anyone else, not even grngb, so do tell please?
rustyh17

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 03:32:06 PM

I believe it is time to start building a bondholder quorum so that when we receive a formal response
from LRM regarding a contract change, we are ready to proceed with a formal response based on
real consensus.
sparky999

Activity: 473

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 04:30:31 PM

I think there are plenty of people with lawyers on stand by right now
Flashman

Activity: 518

Hodl!

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 06:15:00 PM

BTW it did occur to me that the legal quagmire might have been unrelated to crypto per-se ... there's some chance it fell afoul of regulations against ponzi schemes or HYIPs.  Anyone with time on their hands might like to look into NJ statue on that.

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
rustyh17

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 07:07:13 PM

I think there are plenty of people with lawyers on stand by right now

I would submit that proceeding collectively could maximize our voice and minimize the individual
expense of legal representation (if that is necessary).
Pages: « 1 ... 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 [195] 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 ... 274 »
  Print  

Jump to: