Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 03:29:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Have You Been Scammed?  (Read 3430 times)
aray80

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 02:10:10 PM

I have not experienced a scam or do it even though there will be a scam hopefully I can avoid it...
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
pixie85

Activity: 2142
Merit: 524

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 02:17:56 AM

No.

Anyone who promises to double your money should be an automatic red flag. That is very sketchy. Just buy, move them to a private wallet, and hold.

There are many red flags one should immediately recognize. I could point out many more.

In case of dealing with people always carefully read their trust. A person may have a viable negative trust, with links and proof from a non default trust user. It won't make his trust shiny red, but the comment will be there for everyone to read and can save your money.
When you're approached by someone always try to verify if you're talking with the real owner, not a hacked account or an imposter.
Don't strike deals without thinking them over. If something looks just a bit suspicious ask other forum members, make a thread about it and verify everything.
Use escrow, don't send first and don't engage in pay pal deals.
Palmholder

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 02:39:37 AM

I cant understand how people may trust such services as "double your coins". To be honest I am very careful person even too careful, I guess I got near the mindless border. I always think about something bad may happens, I check and double check and tripple check everything, wash my hands 50 times a day, you know.. such kind of person. Even buying some coins for $30 makes me worry much, very hard for me to trust anyone, I always wonder how people may forget to lock car doors or risk money like that.
   People, be careful, noone cares of you except your friends and family, remember that

Theo222

Activity: 449

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 02:52:17 AM

i already scammed by some investment site and doublers. when i deposit my bitcoin they just block me and other one dont give the withdrawal that why im so disapointed to all investment and doubler sites now.
faceoff97

Activity: 644
Merit: 113

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 02:57:50 AM

no one knows exactly where the scam and what is not, except maybe he has the 6th sense may be hehe, the point back to dirikita each, we do something we really understand and we know. my advice is more careful, because it all depends what we do as well. yes so lah I never experienced it because I myself was not careful.
Actually you dont need 6 sense to determine wether a project is a scam or not, since I got scammed on ny early time on cryptosystem. I actually learn how to choose wisely a project I would choose to invest with. I usually look at the credentials of the people behind the project. There is no project that is too good to be true, i rather choose something that profits not that much but the project behind it really works.  I also invest on something I have background knowledge, I don't just throw off money in a project I really dont know.
Ryan Dugan

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 07:56:52 AM

OMG I can't believe people are still falling for the whole double your bitcoin scam? How does that even work with such high network fees. They use to work well when fees were down and they would pay you out untill you put in enough that they were happy with and then refused payment. This person you talk of has lost their money. Please think. Why woulde someone double your bitcoins don't you think they would do that themself. Also do you know how quickly doubling up each time takes? start with $1 and double up 20x and you are a millionare. Obviously that is not true.

I was only scammed once by a fake eth wallet site. Now I know to always have the private keys.

truecrusader666

Activity: 57

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 07:57:48 AM

Never, a single  cent , because I'm cautious while trading always use bitrated is very good way to be safe while exchange.
Sendibere

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 08:03:34 AM

Me? Of course not. Unfortunately, if you have been scammed, the chances of recovering your money are not good. Professional scammers tend to be highly mobile, they may not have given you their real identity, they tend not to provide solid contact information, and they probably are not legally registered to do business. Many are expert at operating in gray areas of the law.
dharnamonitor

Activity: 448

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 08:23:26 AM
Last edit: December 21, 2017, 04:30:05 AM by dharnamonitor

I have been scammed many times too but that was before when I was just starting with bitcoins. No one taught me about these kind of things like hyip when I started my journey to the bitcoin world, Hyip and cloud mining sites caught my attention and I invested some of my hard earned satoshis but unfortunately got scammed because I thought that they are all legit. It's my mistake to not making a research before entering something.

Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 01:30:41 AM

I just came over from the 'Investor Games' subforum (hope I got that right). A guy there said he came across a site asking to double his bitcoin, he paid in $20 and got $40 the following day or so. He then went for a higher plan of $300 hoping to cash out $600 but they asked him to pay in another $300 before cashing out. He got confused and was asking for advice.

I think I've been there before. Before I became a forum member. I once came across one of those scam sites promising to generate bitcoins. Thought it was real, but when they asked me to pay some transaction fee, I was stuck. I had no money to pay the fee. With the benefit of hindsight, I know I'd have sent them the 'transaction fee' had I had the coins to send them.

Now, what have been your experience with internet scams?
How do we help people not to get scammed?

If it sounds too good to be true then it always is. You can't just double your money so easily by joining a pyramid scheme. Typically they pay the first people who put in small amounts in order to lure in the bigger deposits.
And most of those that got paid are nothing but alts or people that are aware of the scam and are helping the scammer, we must not underestimate the amount of work and inventive scammers are going to go through to convince you they are legit, for people like us that are not scammers it is difficult to imagine all the things that go in the background in a scam as a bitcoin doubler.
Fundamentals Of

Activity: 2310
Merit: 366

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 01:43:55 AM

I just came over from the 'Investor Games' subforum (hope I got that right). A guy there said he came across a site asking to double his bitcoin, he paid in $20 and got $40 the following day or so. He then went for a higher plan of $300 hoping to cash out $600 but they asked him to pay in another $300 before cashing out. He got confused and was asking for advice.

I think I've been there before. Before I became a forum member. I once came across one of those scam sites promising to generate bitcoins. Thought it was real, but when they asked me to pay some transaction fee, I was stuck. I had no money to pay the fee. With the benefit of hindsight, I know I'd have sent them the 'transaction fee' had I had the coins to send them.

I haven't been scammed online, not even once. I mean those kinds of scams that solicit investment for a too-good-to-be-true deal with respect to the return of investment or ROI. I will not easily let go even a cent to people whose real identities I do not even know. This has been my principle ever since. I guess my stubborness also helps a little. LOL! Especially investment offers about Bitcoin, why would I invest when I myself can buy and hold it? I don't need other people.
Nerman

Activity: 364
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 02:03:23 AM

I personally have never been scammed in any type of investment. I have seen so many websites and advertisement of potential scams because if someone gives you a guaranteed huge  return of investment most likely it is a scam. In your case it is a 100% ROI and no legit way they can profit 100% in one day.
Remember that no one in this world can see the future and a guaranteed big return is always a red flag. Also before investing always do your due diligence, a simple google search will do, if you see someones complaining of not getting paid then just keep your money or in this case your bitcoin.

coinSpecter32

Activity: 72
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 02:04:50 AM

All I can say is never trust Revenue Sharing websites, even the most 'trusted' ones. They are all ponzi schemes no matter how legit they may sound.
dale1075

Activity: 252
Merit: 37

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 02:09:59 AM

The opportunity brought by bitcoin will bring also opportunity to scammers. I have been scammed more than once because I was attracted to the big gains. Now when I risk in investing something, I control myself and only spend in amount that I am willing to lose.

▶▶  BTCitcoin 2  ◀◀    ⚡ Scalable Bitcoin Fork with instant verified payments ⚡
░░░░▒▒▒▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████████████████▓▓▓▒▒▒░░░░
Low Fees ✲ ✲ Truly Anonymous TransactionsJoin the discussion thread
gigatux

Activity: 343
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 02:24:19 AM

Haven't been scammed, But almost got scammed, because of this I learned to be vigilant, first and foremost you need to know if it is 100% legitimate, or else you'd be wasting time off that type of job for example, you signed a signature campaign that promises you this kind of BTC per week, now you should fully read the full thread to avoid getting scammed, next check the website if it does really provides, I assure if you do these steps you'll surely avoid scams.
ipanks

Activity: 1610
Merit: 507

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 02:33:51 AM

I have experience from being scammed in the past and it is about another investment to double bitcoin but I could get success only one time and I can get a bonus too. but I have been scammed by cloud mining in that time so now I don't really trust with the cloud mining especially with the cloud mining without any good reviews from the other people. but for the oldest cloud mining which I followed until now, I still believe that it will give me a profit.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
slyfox

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 05:58:01 AM

When I joined bitcoin community I was encourage to join this mining btcprominner I was amazed with the amount of income you can get from it later when i try to withdraw my earnings they required me to deposit and upgrade first my account olny then when someone told me that it is a scammed and they really don't pay. I learn from then and whenever someone is offering me a high paying job I make a research first.

Yeah that was a very common scam and the only reasons that no longer works has to do with the fact that people have gotten smarter and are no longer investing in those projects that look too good to be true and I'm happy that people have awoken and no longer fall in those scams.
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 12:08:51 AM

No.

Anyone who promises to double your money should be an automatic red flag. That is very sketchy. Just buy, move them to a private wallet, and hold.

There are many red flags one should immediately recognize. I could point out many more.

In case of dealing with people always carefully read their trust. A person may have a viable negative trust, with links and proof from a non default trust user. It won't make his trust shiny red, but the comment will be there for everyone to read and can save your money.
When you're approached by someone always try to verify if you're talking with the real owner, not a hacked account or an imposter.
Don't strike deals without thinking them over. If something looks just a bit suspicious ask other forum members, make a thread about it and verify everything.
Use escrow, don't send first and don't engage in pay pal deals.
Yeah it is important to read the untrusted feedback of people in the forum, sometimes you are going to find nothing but the ramblings of people that are butthurt but sometimes you are going to find feedback of people claiming to be scammed and that have enough proof that was indeed the case, but since the feedback is untrusted, it does not show as red trust for everyone to see.
donovank

Activity: 84
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 12:23:00 AM

I wouldn't get into gambling or investments sites of cryptocurrency's. Many people get scammed by these, and there are other ways to earn a fair amount of coins around here.
I've never been to those sections of Bitcointalk, they seem dark and awkwardly attractive lol
KevinHD

Activity: 232
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 12:30:07 AM

I was nearly been scammed by local agency who tried to use Bitcoin as a front of their ponzi system. I mean, bitcoin is in hype, and how they use bitcoin as a front is really attractive. Yet the way they spam ppst and promotions are a bit alarming for a legitimate business.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: