Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 02:49:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Have You Been Scammed?  (Read 3430 times)
pragna

Activity: 1582
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 06:04:37 AM

Actually all are running behind the money so people believe what his friends is saying to earn money. There is fraudulent everywhere. But you only learn-it was a fraud when you face that kind of problem. At first stage your comment can not believable to him because he is running behind the money. But when he face in reality he will come back. just wait.
Dewao

Activity: 337
Merit: 100

Qravity is a decentralized content production and

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 07:43:46 AM

I have not been scammed here in bitcoin.
But I know that the scammer has spread here in cryptocurrency and there are many people has been scammed. What to do to avoid scam? Is a thorough study and great care to avoid mistakes and become victims of a scam.
Turkish88

Activity: 714
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 08:46:31 AM

Cryptocurrency world is the paradise for the scammers, because there is no legal liability.
I have been many times scammed, last time transaction accellerator, i am paid for accel and then guy fully ignore me

Help to Ukrainian citizens
ETH donations adress - 0xe23CB47AC32F0b8750d4D0Dd4e160Fa6F8fF30EF
Restmand

Activity: 979
Merit: 258

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 08:50:13 AM

I just came over from the 'Investor Games' subforum (hope I got that right). A guy there said he came across a site asking to double his bitcoin, he paid in $20 and got $40 the following day or so. He then went for a higher plan of $300 hoping to cash out $600 but they asked him to pay in another $300 before cashing out. He got confused and was asking for advice.

I think I've been there before. Before I became a forum member. I once came across one of those scam sites promising to generate bitcoins. Thought it was real, but when they asked me to pay some transaction fee, I was stuck. I had no money to pay the fee. With the benefit of hindsight, I know I'd have sent them the 'transaction fee' had I had the coins to send them.

Now, what have been your experience with internet scams?
How do we help people not to get scammed?

As of now, i feel thanks because i don't have any problem encounter like the scamming of bitcoin from me, because everytime when the bitcoin is involved i have to think carefully because there areany people who do anything they don't care if it is bad activity or doing because they only want to steal your bitcoin or to scam you. And i read articles about the scamming of bitcoin so i become alert and i know what are do if some of peiple want to scam you
kurian

Activity: 630
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2017, 08:53:01 AM

When i was first introduced to Bitcoin.. I knew nothing about scams and ponzi schemes.. I invested around half a bitcoin on a telegram based bot.. It turned out to be a scam in 2,3 days and i lost my money.. It was worth 1000$ that time..

Headachez

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 08:55:33 AM

Luckily I have never been scammed. Well I've been scammed in real life a million times, but I havent been scammed in crypto... yet.
HunterBTC

Activity: 420

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 10:07:05 AM

If you want to know the bounty scam or not, you need to see or keep an eye on the bounty you follow. From the start the bounty was made up to the start of ICO and ICO runs up to less than 1 month of ICO completion. What is the ICO's income, whether the number of shareholders on the project and how long the ICO took place. After that you can conclude the ICO is successful or not.
cepedacharles29

Activity: 168
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 10:17:17 AM

I got scammed in my first experience when I try to make money online, after that I read many article about internet scam and be very careful about doing something on the internet. People need learn more about their security. We can't help people if they already get scammed on crypto. The experience in this type of business is the thing that you should consider. It is okay for me since it just a small amount. All I know god will make some actions for those type of person.
NightCloudz07

Activity: 224

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 10:23:43 AM

I just came over from the 'Investor Games' subforum (hope I got that right). A guy there said he came across a site asking to double his bitcoin, he paid in $20 and got $40 the following day or so. He then went for a higher plan of $300 hoping to cash out $600 but they asked him to pay in another $300 before cashing out. He got confused and was asking for advice.

I think I've been there before. Before I became a forum member. I once came across one of those scam sites promising to generate bitcoins. Thought it was real, but when they asked me to pay some transaction fee, I was stuck. I had no money to pay the fee. With the benefit of hindsight, I know I'd have sent them the 'transaction fee' had I had the coins to send them.

no because when i enter into a ico or a bounty i enter it carefully and also when i investigate it first before i participate or i invest so i been not scammed and i will never been scammed!

▲▼▲▼ZICHAIN ▲▼▲▼ JOIN OUR PRIVATE SALE NOW! ZICHAIN.IO
▲▼ BLOCKCHAIN ASSET MANAGEMENT ECOSYSTEM ▲▼
teejaymuna

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2017, 10:30:31 AM

No I have not been scammed. Thanks to this forum, I get reasonable insight before doing any transaction. I'd advice investors to be very careful before making any transaction in terms of Bitcoin sale or purchase.
Bukx

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 10:30:38 AM

I never get scam so far in this cryptocurency but had it when i was investing in hyip ponzi scheme.
What i will say is if any website or anything offer very big amount of profit which does nto make sense then just stay away from them. I am pretty sure that is scam. Learn from what i got before.
ericbrown

Activity: 308

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 10:46:14 AM

yes .. scammed 200 usd/btc .. try to buy btc remotely .. once i paid than no response from seller .. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Jedie22

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 11:37:26 AM

So far I've never been experienced to be scammed since I was joined here in forum. On my own opinion, I would say much better to be observant all the time as much as possible. Though, we can't control all the possible situation but as long as we must be aware that there are a lots of scammers here in social media.
btctestcolets

Activity: 233
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 11:48:58 AM

So far I've never been experienced to be scammed since I was joined here in forum. On my own opinion, I would say much better to be observant all the time as much as possible. Though, we can't control all the possible situation but as long as we must be aware that there are a lots of scammers here in social media.

Honestly i'm just a newbie here i'm just interested to know about scammed being shared by our highest rank here. And i deeply praised your all your thought in this question for my preparation to my account in avoiding those scammers in this forum.
popolite11

Activity: 882
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 09:29:23 PM

I have frozen tokens in the Tezos project. I don’t even watch happen on the trial in USA about it. Telling the truth I have no much faith that I will get my money back. I suppose we’ll see it in a near future.
Skieleton

Activity: 686
Merit: 282

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 09:36:03 PM

Opening the page, where the first thing that catches the eye is a big picture of the dollar, a bag of money, gold, etc. - know that the hypnosis process is just beginning. (Why are pictures?) Because instead of the big picture they can be smaller, blinking, colorful - the most important to make them look normal, but subconsciously eye-catching. This is the easiest way to gain attention, i.e. the manipulator in this way increases the chance that you will stay on the page longer and you will be more interesting.
The second issue to be considered is the content, sophisticated way of creating sentences, appropriate word formulation. One of the tricks is to create questioning sentences, examples:

"Have you missed the success of Bitcoin?"

"Would you like to earn more?"

"Invest only 50 cents a day and become a financially independent person"

"A new cryptocurrency better than Bitcoin, you want to make money on it?"

Query sentences are very tricky even though they seem normal, so at the moment of reading the question, answers appear automatically in our head - we often do not realize this process, but manipulators are aware of it. In our brain, a delicate impression of conversation with someone is created, which in turn makes the manipulator approach us. All the more so if the answer is written right after the question, the aim of which is to reach the maximum number of people.

"Would you like to earn more? Surely yes, you are worth it! "

An interesting thing to pay attention to in the case of such texts is the use of wordings meaning "us". So the author writes in such a way as if he expressed your thoughts for you - describing "your" shared thoughts.

"Would you like to earn more? Definitely yes, we will do it together "

It is an illusion of a conversation with someone closer than an unknown person with no face, only words we read.
We also consider:

"I will help you earn", "With me you will learn to earn", "I know / I have a program that you can earn" etc.

The above-mentioned examples are so-called text manipulation, works, but there are even better ways.
Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 09:45:06 PM

There will alway be people who would like to get money easy way, and some "smart" people will always use other peoples greed for their own gain. Personally I have never been scamed for money, but once i got scamed in online game for items, therefor i know the feeling... partially  at least. Only advice for other people that i can give is, if its too easy its probably a scam. Also do not share important info to anyone in whom you do not have absolute trust.
salterious

Activity: 258

The revolutionary Export system/One-click Export

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2017, 10:08:29 PM

Yes sadly got scammed investing in an ICO and since then I haven't invested in any because I have been turned off due to my lack of diligence. I know it is my fault but still hurt when I got hustled Undecided

INTERNATIONAL TRADING PLATFORM ►One-click Export
     EXPORT ONLINE     
ANN  Whitepaper    Telegram    Facebook    Steemit    YouTube    Twitter    Medium
Anti-Cen

Activity: 210
Merit: 26

High fees = low BTC price

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 10:11:45 PM

Yes scammed by Coinbase who said they would give me $10 worth of free BTC if i spent over $100
as a new member and will not give them to me now. You really do not want to trust them with large
amount if they steel $10 from you

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
Victoria Johnson

Activity: 20

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 06:23:07 AM

Yes i have been scammed ones
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: