Bitcoin Forum
July 08, 2024, 08:24:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Have You Been Scammed?  (Read 3441 times)
UlanganBik

Activity: 67
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 07:28:54 AM

I just came over from the 'Investor Games' subforum (hope I got that right). A guy there said he came across a site asking to double his bitcoin, he paid in $20 and got $40 the following day or so. He then went for a higher plan of $300 hoping to cash out $600 but they asked him to pay in another $300 before cashing out. He got confused and was asking for advice.

I think I've been there before. Before I became a forum member. I once came across one of those scam sites promising to generate bitcoins. Thought it was real, but when they asked me to pay some transaction fee, I was stuck. I had no money to pay the fee. With the benefit of hindsight, I know I'd have sent them the 'transaction fee' had I had the coins to send them.

Now, what have been your experience with internet scams?
How do we help people not to get scammed?

if I look at this problem it seems like it could be a scam and it could not be but you can know from the future progress for that company and they do get profit if you give 2x profit so you have to see first progress ahead of that company
yndye

Activity: 616
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 07:34:29 AM

I am always a risk taker so even though I know that there is something fishy with a site if there is a potential then I would go for it but this is before because now, I am very careful when it comes to putting my money somewhere else. When I came across bitcoin around two years ago, HYIP is very famous then and I know it is still going on nowadays. I am one of those noobs who is amaze of the returns that's why I deposited some coins in that site and I got back only less than half of what I deposited and the site went offline. I believe there are thousands of investors scammed by that site. From then on, I am careful with my investments.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄███████████▀▀███████████████▄
██████████▀▀ ▄▄█▀  █████████████
███████████▄▄█▀  ▄███▀   █████████
█████████████  ▄███▀      ██████████
▄████████████████▀        ███████████▄
██████████████▀          ▄████████████
███████████▀             █████████████
████████▀               ██████████████
████████▄              ███  ██████████
▀██████████████        ██  █▀ ███████▀
███████████████      ██▀ ▄█ ▄███████
██████████████     ███  █  ███████
██████████████   ▄██  █▀ ███████
▀████████████▄ ▄█████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

▄████████████████████▄
████████      ████████
██████████████████████
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██████████▀▀██████████
████████▀    ▀████████
████████▄    ▄████████
▀█████████▄▄█████████▀
  Download on the
App Store

GET IT ON
Google Play
  ●  FACEBOOK
●  TWITTER
●  TELEGRAM
honeyira

Activity: 72
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 07:35:44 AM

Yes. I invested in one company before, that was 2012 until no single penny ROI ang person cannot be found anymore.
Mostly sweet tongue persons are scammer I just base on my experience.
bigblackdeck45

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 07:41:03 AM

Yes I have been scammed before. I was fooled into entering a website that I didn't know has a key logger. After that incident I have been very careful when going into sites or making transactions with anyone.
Ludmilla_rose1995

Activity: 1624
Merit: 167

Axioma Holding - Axioma Pay Crypto Card

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 07:42:27 AM

Do not easily trust with the offer given. Offers that look good should always be questioned, especially if from a lesser known source.

"Anyone who offers something that seems extraordinary must always be checked the truth,"

gandhe83

Merit: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 07:46:22 AM

You should not trust too high profitable projects in the short term to be heavily advertised on the internet, beware of such ads because I've been duped so often and I've drawn Give yourself the experience. For coin deals I think you should trade them all on commercial sites instead of selling them to internet buyers because if you are cheated then no one can stand out to assist you.
hgkcoin

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 09:59:53 AM

Yes! Tricked, because it is the Internet conversation, so not really understand the true situation of the partners, it is recommended before the transaction to understand the project and project contacts to start trading again.
micleeiu398

Activity: 219
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 11:24:10 AM

Not yet but it will never happen. Since I started earning bitcoin I never invest my own money just to buy a bitcoin. All the money that I earned were came from in this forum and I used that to double my money through buying an alternative coins. Many people were scammed because they are desperate to earn money that's why they are investing their money to those scammers without doing a research about it.
You have made a very strong point here. The real reason behind the success of scammers is desperation among people for earning money. They are so carried away with this money thing that they don't see the deception coming their way. It is not very difficult to plot a scam.

Actually I think it is quite simple and easy because scammers ask you to do a lot and they keep on asking for money. They want you to do useless things total nonsense irrelevant crap.
metalglowd

Activity: 546

💲 EMIREX EXCHANGE 💲

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 01:56:34 PM

i ever being scammed that was the first time i know about investment, wasting my time for typing captcha that said you can get some $ cash
and for now im in cryptocurrency world, i think in this term, those scammer was even never stop. much time i being scammed for free airdrop form.
and the worst is they even use my data account to fill other true airdrop

❱  Whitepaper  ❱   E M R X ─ Token ─   :   LEARN MORE   
      E M I R E X         ─── إمركس ───          :         The Infrastructure for the
[ ◾ telegram   ◾ facebook   ◾ TWITTER ]   New Digital Economy
Stigmooo

Activity: 97

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 02:06:24 PM

Yes..when i was not yet too familiar of bitcoin and how to secure my wallet...someone introduce me a phishing site. So devastated of what happened
jekyounghusband

Activity: 66

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 02:13:36 PM

Yes I do. It was when I register thru virtapay and payed cash to en-cash the money that I have. Second is when I dedicated my self to paid to click things and it happen to be a scam.
Kalhie

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 02:16:05 PM

Yes. I have been scammed. My friend told me to invest a lot of money then if I invite more people, and they do the same, my money will grow. I invited a lot of people, so I should get a lot of money, but in the end, the person holding our money, vanished into thin air.
newgal2017

Activity: 337
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 02:58:44 PM

I remember a woman older than me who wants to avail the service that I am offering. We had a solid agreement about the service and payment but then after I've done my part she suddenly stopped replying to my messages and when she finally replied to my messages she was suddenly mad which I do not know where she came from. I'm stunned when I've realize that she's not only a liar but a scammer.

I think you should think twice and think about something deeply when your interaction with other people involves money.
nightxglow

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 03:36:25 PM

Fortunately i was always told not to believe things easily, especially something that seems fishy and weird.
If it's that easy to double bitcoin, everyone will not work hard to earn btc, and will just give all of their bitcoin to those sites and ask them to continuously double it.
But i ever join some bounties that's a scam though, fortunately i don't really loss something much.
And how we avoid scam? To always be careful and look into the things many times before make a decision, and maybe ask for the experienced one if we're lost.

█████████████████████████████
██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
█████████████████████████████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Sengoko

Activity: 491
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:35:12 AM

I just came over from the 'Investor Games' subforum (hope I got that right). A guy there said he came across a site asking to double his bitcoin, he paid in $20 and got $40 the following day or so. He then went for a higher plan of $300 hoping to cash out $600 but they asked him to pay in another $300 before cashing out. He got confused and was asking for advice.

I think I've been there before. Before I became a forum member. I once came across one of those scam sites promising to generate bitcoins. Thought it was real, but when they asked me to pay some transaction fee, I was stuck. I had no money to pay the fee. With the benefit of hindsight, I know I'd have sent them the 'transaction fee' had I had the coins to send them.

I think that no one can avoid scams when participating in the world MMO. We will have more experience. everything stupidity are paid with money
ome of my valuable experience after losing some money in exchange for this intelligent: no HYIP, no dice, no mine site
You are absolutely right. This is the thing that happens every time and people are getting more experience with it. There is a misunderstanding in people that they think if they only have winnings and positives in their life only then they can get some better expensive about different things. While experience is all about bad, mistakes and negativity that have hidden chances to learn and proceed.
nelsledma

Activity: 572
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:11:32 AM

If  you are in this business more than six month - I can give you100% percent sure that you was scammed. And I am not exception.  I was scammed  several times. It was relly bad feeling
Count me in. I have been scammed for like 3 times but didn't face any big loss because I am too bad at giving away my money. Therefore I really don't have any big regrets. Never felt filled with remorse or shame because I learnt many things about scam strategies.

Scammers emphasize on giving up your money and the offers they make are a way too tempting and easy. At least they sound this way. Easy way to stay out of this, ‘never take the bait if it is obvious’.
Nanot

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:16:59 AM

Since i was using and being part of bitcoin ill never experience scam because i have the deeper knowledge on how i protect my accounts and moneys to the scammer because i know how and where is the most trusty and tested campaign for my savings and investment...the reason why people should scam is because of foolishness and lack of experience and knowledge about protecting their wealt to the stealer.

▰▰▰▰ me token ▰▰▰▰
▰▰ WHITEPAPER ▰▰▰▰   The Social Commerce Revolution  ▰▰▰▰ ANN THREAD ▰▰
 ▰▰ WEB SITE  ▰▰ REDDIT  ▰▰ TELEGRAM  ▰▰ FACEBOOK   ▰▰ LINKEDIN  ▰▰
emezh10

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:27:48 AM

This forums and bitcoin discussion will help us become wiser in terms of handling our bitcoin, As we participate in this forums, we encounter situations and experiences like what you opened up about being scammed. I was scammed before, but not on bitcoin, it was on leverage marketing. Remember that if someone offers you promises that are to good to be true, it is most probably not true. Stay updated and avoid suspicious website.
brightLIFE

Activity: 93

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:31:01 AM

This forums and bitcoin discussion will help us become wiser in terms of handling our bitcoin, As we participate in this forums, we encounter situations and experiences like what you opened up about being scammed. I was scammed before, but not on bitcoin, it was on leverage marketing. Remember that if someone offers you promises that are to good to be true, it is most probably not true. Stay updated and avoid suspicious website.
Yep, that's right because if we become not wise in about crypto currencies and investing our money just only to get a higher profit and invest because we are tempted about their very good offer we do lose what we have and cry then in the end.
arcfaith

Activity: 100
Merit: 13

Work smart, Play hard

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:32:19 AM

The newest big scam - CEO of ICON & former CFO of 10X, willing to give bonus equivalent to pre-sale ICO if you transferred ethers to his personal wallet address. In the end, his telegram was deleted and heard he ran off to Austria. Sometimes it's hard to understand these people, his ICO is doing good with those crazy test net prices but he still chose an easy way out scamming people.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: