Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:33:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Have You Been Scammed?  (Read 3430 times)
bayan

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 01:47:30 PM

I just came over from the 'Investor Games' subforum (hope I got that right). A guy there said he came across a site asking to double his bitcoin, he paid in $20 and got $40 the following day or so. He then went for a higher plan of $300 hoping to cash out $600 but they asked him to pay in another $300 before cashing out. He got confused and was asking for advice.

I think I've been there before. Before I became a forum member. I once came across one of those scam sites promising to generate bitcoins. Thought it was real, but when they asked me to pay some transaction fee, I was stuck. I had no money to pay the fee. With the benefit of hindsight, I know I'd have sent them the 'transaction fee' had I had the coins to send them.

Now, what have been your experience with internet scams?
How do we help people not to get scammed?

I had not been scammed by any person or website. This is because I use only reputed website after reading its reviews online.
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jrrigs

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 01:51:48 PM

TBH I've been scammed quite a few times. I had my fair share of naivety back in the days when there were legit looking sites promising quick ROI. We'll I've learned my lesson and, slow and steady is my new game play.

* * * Discover the Secret Formula used by billion dollar whales to TRIPLE or even QUADRUPLE profits!! Click HERE to know how. * * *
thenameisjay

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 01:53:10 PM

I just came over from the 'Investor Games' subforum (hope I got that right). A guy there said he came across a site asking to double his bitcoin, he paid in $20 and got $40 the following day or so. He then went for a higher plan of $300 hoping to cash out $600 but they asked him to pay in another $300 before cashing out. He got confused and was asking for advice.

I think I've been there before. Before I became a forum member. I once came across one of those scam sites promising to generate bitcoins. Thought it was real, but when they asked me to pay some transaction fee, I was stuck. I had no money to pay the fee. With the benefit of hindsight, I know I'd have sent them the 'transaction fee' had I had the coins to send them.

Nope. Never experienced them all my life and I'm planning too, either. I always get a gut feeling before I get scammed or something that's why I've never been scammed so far. My tip is always follow your gut. When you feel that it's not what your intended outcome is, most likely, it's a scam.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
Mr.Dick

Activity: 196
Merit: 20

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 01:57:14 PM

Yeah I have been scammed for a few times when I was gambling with my small btc ammounts from faucets in stuff like double your btc in one day etc. For sure I did know about the risks and so I never gambled more than I could afford to loose. But nowadays I would not recommend doing such things, even though you know the first few guys in a ponzie get paid, it is a betrail!

marjon

Activity: 350

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 02:13:05 PM

Yes, I've been scammed and I won't deny this fact as it is normally happened when you're a risk taker. Nevertheless, all those funds that was taken from me is just from my commissions in other programs. But now I'm not into that HYIP schemes and any Ponzi related program since it never last long, so I'm tired playing with it. I'd rather pursue my bounty hunting, no investment needed and I enjoyed it.
vinz7229

Activity: 308
Merit: 128

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 03:28:09 AM

For me faced a fraud a few days ago. It's very dangerous to get caught in a trap and make big losses. To avoid this kind of fraud, always skip this kind of offer and do not be greedy if you get any offers. Before you use any website you can discuss with experts. Cool

Actually it can easy avoid those scammer by avoiding them in whatever offer they showed to you, most of the time scammer send a private message saying, they have a good opportunity that they want to show you together with a links,  I suggest don't ever click that kind of links cause it will go all the way to gather all of your information. Always think before you click.
josephpogi

Activity: 434
Merit: 168

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 03:56:44 AM

Honestly yes , and not only me but my whole family and it really affected my whole family , we lost a big amount of money but with the help of God we successfully overcame it.
Schultz88

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 04:01:47 AM

No, and I don't want to get scammed. I do safe payment and only look for trusted peoples. Look for reputable and safe website, do not open any random links that given in email or web.
burner2014

Activity: 952
Merit: 515

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 04:04:18 AM

Honestly yes , and not only me but my whole family and it really affected my whole family , we lost a big amount of money but with the help of God we successfully overcame it.
Yes I am a victim of scammed but that does not mean that I should give up, yes I was frustrated that time but it also help me as an individual to grow and be mature in making a decision with extra care so that next time I won't victim anymore.
Litzy Halminton

Activity: 28

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 04:49:23 AM

yes, that's why I need to check double double check when invest in ICO, but there's so many potencial ICO program out there
Gumpfire

Activity: 378
Merit: 111

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 05:00:25 AM

Yes i have experienced scam, mostly here in bitcoin forum in some bounty campaigns. I was frustrated that time because i waste a lot of energy, so i could earn profit. I also got scammed in some Twitter campaigns good thing that there are some other users who warned us that campaign is a scam. Hoping that scamners must remove here in the world of bitcoin because it can also ruin bitcoin in the eyes of other people.
kikay15

Activity: 127

Global Risk Exchange - gref.io

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 05:10:19 AM

Many times, because before I am focusing in one directions. Before I know bitcoin. But now I learned so much, my past is my big lessons. So now I know bitcoin and I will stick in bitcoin, because ai know I have a future in bitcoin.

▐▐ █     GRE   ≣   GLOBAL RISK EXCHANGE     █ ▌▌
━━  ((     Whitepaper     |     ANN Thread     ))  ━━
Telegram     Medium     Facebook     Twitter     Github
zaytsevsasha654

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 09:35:06 AM

Synchronization can require a lot of computer resources, the appropriate Internet channel speed and enough disk space to accommodate the full volume of the chain of blocks.
raymart0720

Activity: 322
Merit: 106

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 02:34:11 PM

I think most of us got scammed and we cannot avoid it to happen right? when I was new to bitcoin I see a mining site where I put my address and start earning bitcoin, recently I do a research and knew that the bitminer.io is a scam hahaha.. I am dumb but it is okay , I turned my laptop for almost a week in order to gain more but it is totally scam

another is in the ICO where I was joining , I thought it was a successful project but yet after working for 2 months promoting their project ending up in no pay scam all.

airdrops also are totally bullshits hhehehe. but lucky one I got ELTCOIN and earn 40 bucks out of it.
it doesent matter how big or small scam is but it is always be a scam if they lie to you hehhehe
Cadalin320

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 10:51:14 PM

I've been scammed, thats life,we all need income so due to a fraustration i never know that i am one of the victim of some people who is intentions are negative..
Hotrod_88

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 10:59:06 PM

I have been scammed for a lot of times particularly in the signature bounty campaigns because i dont know there are a lot of campaign that are still a scam and i do not figure out what will be the clue how to know if it is a scam or not. But i cannot avoid it then i will still pursuing the signature because there is nothing that i can do because that is what it is then whenever i get scammed i stay positive and still hope for a better campaign next time.
yj300316

Activity: 154

The P2P Marketplace For Digital Content

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 03:13:18 AM

I think most of us have been scammed by ICO's. Aside from personal scammer, ICO scammer is more serious problem.
just look at the amount of invested funds from the investors on ICO.

W E M A R K   ❱ ❱❱   https://www.wemark.com/
Blockchain-based marketplace for digital content
zedrickjuls

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 03:25:32 AM
Last edit: April 10, 2018, 01:45:32 PM by zedrickjuls

I never been tried to be scammed by anyone, it's hard to give my trust to someone who'm you really don't know,I learned from the experienced of my friend,she has been scam two times from someone she met in fb.So don't give your 100 percent trust to someone.

V I D D O   ♥ ♥  is a new fair revenue
distribution video platform  (https://viddo.io/)
boddy.dy

Activity: 252
Merit: 17

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 08:36:10 AM

Scammed in bitcoin, well I haven’t yet and no plans to be scam here. But in the other past experience yes I were been scammed in one of my most favorite game. It’s an experience that will never be forgotten. At first I was so mad with that because I were been scammed but as time pasted I realize that I was lucky enough even that scenario happened. It is because some people were been scammed in a huge amount and in my case I were been scammed in just a very small amount. And that small amount were been charge to my experience and will be a learning with my entire whole life.     
cizatext

Activity: 952
Merit: 41

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 08:56:32 AM

We should all be informed and aware of the activities of fraud star who are looking for way to scam you of your hard earned money, this people always come of with too good to be true promises and at the end steal your money then run away. How can some one be saying he will be able to double you deposit within 24hours without undertaking any business this is too good to be true and scam, my advice is don't be too greedy wanting to gain double without any work.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: