Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 08:06:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Have You Been Scammed?  (Read 3430 times)
bitctrimor1

Activity: 252
Merit: 104

“Blockchain Connection Framework”

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 09:30:19 PM

I just came over from the 'Investor Games' subforum (hope I got that right). A guy there said he came across a site asking to double his bitcoin, he paid in $20 and got $40 the following day or so. He then went for a higher plan of $300 hoping to cash out $600 but they asked him to pay in another $300 before cashing out. He got confused and was asking for advice.

I think I've been there before. Before I became a forum member. I once came across one of those scam sites promising to generate bitcoins. Thought it was real, but when they asked me to pay some transaction fee, I was stuck. I had no money to pay the fee. With the benefit of hindsight, I know I'd have sent them the 'transaction fee' had I had the coins to send them.

Now, what have been your experience with internet scams?
How do we help people not to get scammed?

I will say that almost all the members here have been scam one time or another, specially at the beginning of their journey. I was also a victim of HYIP, I invested few satoshi's before and it was paying at the start and I was so happy with the result.  Was even looking at the calendar to see how much bitcoin I will get. Then I re-invested, but unfortunately one day the site went offline and I was late, I have been scammed. Just a simple research of the website will help you identify a scam and of course this forum is the biggest help. Just ask around for opinions before investing.

That's right. And as much as it pains me to admit it, there are some shady characters here that do that in many different ways and means. However, I was actually thankful somewhat that it happened because I got to learn to be more vigilant, and after that incident, which happened to someone I know as well, I really became more careful with taking care of my holdings and all the critical information, especially the ones related to may e-wallet. I guess there's no other better way to accept it but to charge it to experience.

O M N I T U D E              BLOCKCHAIN E-COMMERCE                      JOIN NOW
▄ ▄ ▄ █ █    W H I T E P A P E R    █ █ ▀ ▀ ▀

FACEBOOK          TWITTER          LINKEDIN        TELEGRAM          REDDIT         ANN THREAD
sabine80

Activity: 728
Merit: 14

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 09:39:39 PM

so far, i was lucky and was not cheated. i hope so, that stays that way. i am also very careful. many friends have warned me in advance of fraudsters around bitcoin.
Yle725

Activity: 93
Merit: 1

The future is your Genome

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 10:13:19 PM

Hello! I'm participating in many ICO and fortunately for now I've never found a scam, but I'm aware, that by attending ICO the risk of finding a scam is very high.

SHIVOM  ──  The Future is your Genome! Own it.
Join our Token Campaign!  ──  https://shivom.io/
dianepot

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 04:21:15 AM

I hate scammers. How can they live their lives by fooling other people. Well anyway, I've never been scammed. I didnt invest in anything especially I dont have enough money to invest in. I'd rather buy that money for some stuffs for my child than to give it to someone I didnt know. At this digital era, you have to be always wise especially when it comes to money.Evils are everywhere .
Thanks to ICO's who offers free tokens , I earned free money and I am starting to keep bitcoins for the near future of my child . Grin
cech makey1

Activity: 110
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 08:29:12 AM

no i never get scammed, the only thing that you have to care about if you won't get scammed is don't "walk" alone. "walk" with the seniors of crypto, so you might be not getting scammed
joykulot

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 08:36:51 AM

No, I've never been scammed. And I am thankful to that. But we need to be careful, because scammer is everywhere. I wish the scammer stop this, and be fair.
ljk9638

Activity: 15

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 08:37:56 AM

좋은 정보
감사합니다
Coffee_Lover

Activity: 196
Merit: 3

Soycoin is the future "stablecoin"

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 08:47:16 AM

I just came over from the 'Investor Games' subforum (hope I got that right). A guy there said he came across a site asking to double his bitcoin, he paid in $20 and got $40 the following day or so. He then went for a higher plan of $300 hoping to cash out $600 but they asked him to pay in another $300 before cashing out. He got confused and was asking for advice.

I think I've been there before. Before I became a forum member. I once came across one of those scam sites promising to generate bitcoins. Thought it was real, but when they asked me to pay some transaction fee, I was stuck. I had no money to pay the fee. With the benefit of hindsight, I know I'd have sent them the 'transaction fee' had I had the coins to send them.

For me, it is hard to know whether the ones we are joining is a scam or not,. Most of the times you will only know you were scammed when yopu have invested much and it is too late to ask your money back. In my opinion, being scammed is part of someone else's life especially who are risk takers. Some bounties here look good in their whitepaper but eventually will not distribute tokens because the bounty was a scam. I was scammed with this once and I hope the bounties I joined won't be. If yes, then so be it. Charge to experience.

❍ soy coin ❍
❱❱UNIQUE BLOCKCHAIN CROWDSALE❰❰
FOR INDUSTRIAL PRODUCTION (http://www.soy-coin.com/eng)
BitcoinMarketer39

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

ADABsSsSsSsSSSsS

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 08:49:35 AM

I never experienced to be scammed by a single users but there are managers today who are running an ico who are scamming their own participants by not distributing the exact payout of the current ico you are participating.

julzcoinbit

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 09:01:58 AM

No, I've never been scammed. And I am thankful to that. But we need to be careful, because scammer is everywhere. I wish the scammer stop this, and be fair.

They won't stop by scamming mate because this is their happiness and the more victim they have got the more they happy themselves. I'm not scam too but seems to be in there because my old MEW address was hacked and I don't really expect for that moment.
Akselrod

Activity: 434
Merit: 104

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 09:07:25 AM

To be honest, I never came across) maybe I do not like to take risks, but there could be common sense. So I do not think that people can be helped. If a person is naive and trusting, then he will remain so.
investocrypto80

Activity: 12

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 09:10:04 AM

I was scammed once, I asked for some service from a freelance, I paid with ETH and I never heard from that guy again.
Be careful, there are a lot of scammers out there.
Sumartini

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 09:13:24 AM

thats an awful story and lets hope thats not befall in us in future. well, my experience is, i never gettin scammed in this cryptocurrency world. but since the time i entered here, i was prepared and ready for the worst. this is digital world and many digital crimes can be hapenned in here.
Zach707

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 09:15:17 AM

There are many reports of scammed but thank goodness i am not one of them. I have a friend and he is very frustrated. I cannot believe it but it did happen. I hope sacmmers will not do that becs. It' s anothers persons money. This is a very bad thing to do remember there is karma.
fipper

Activity: 383
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 09:21:23 AM

with such experience should we have to be more vigilant and thorough in investing because of frequent fraud on behalf of bitcoin and must do a thorough research for it
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 10:06:58 AM

They won't stop by scamming mate because this is their happiness and the more victim they have got the more they happy themselves. I'm not scam too but seems to be in there because my old MEW address was hacked and I don't really expect for that moment.
They will not stop as long as there are people that they can victimize and i think the only thing that we can do in order for them to make them stop is to just be aware of the things that we need to look for to identify if there is a scammer so we can easily avoid that and once they noticed that the people that they can scam is getting smaller and smaller then they will eventually stop trying to scam.
Collinberg

Activity: 407
Merit: 14

Collectrix-Bridgin the physical and Virtual worlds

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 10:17:29 AM

Unfortunately,it would be hard to actually get someone who has not fallen victim of a bitcoin scam before,I have personally been scammed.
I remember when I started this bitcoin journey some years ago,I started with faucets,I was so happy about making free money and when I came across an investment site that promised 0.12% profits hourly,I invested all the profits I have made from fauceting into he site.
It went well for a few weeks but one day,I logged in and tried to withdraw,my money wasnt sent and that is when it damned on me that I have been scammed,
We learn from experiences though and I have leant from that one,I am wary of investment sites,I do thorough research before investing anywhere.

Mapagmahal
Copper Member

Activity: 772
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 10:36:45 AM

Yes but in the past. Most of my newbie days here in crypto was not good but not all of it. I had joined several times in double your money scheme because i think that was too good. When i first join and i deposit then later on received my payouts. My thinking way back then is maybe this is true because they had paid me but after deposit for a couple of times. It has not paid me and the creator of that scam investment is gone and all of our money is with that person. That's the time i stop joining because i think my money will be wasted if i continue joining that scheme.

i use to be a hunter
Termin4tor

Activity: 404
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 10:48:52 AM

Yes, I have indeed. I got scammed due to my own stupidness when I was buying an amazon gift-card from a user on the digital goods section. The huge mistake I made was not using ESCROW, just for the sake of saving time. So, one way of staying on the safe side in this forum is to : Avoid autobuy links at all times.

When buying stuff is to look at vouches and reviews (Not fake vouches from newbie alt accounts) in a thread and obviously use ESCROW which is the most important part. Also, if an individual is reluctant in paying a small escrow fee which some members charge, then you don't deserve to use it anyways.

BTCitcointalk
.    ██████████████████████████████████
                                                                 ██
                                                               ███   ██
                                                      ██      ███  ███
                                                     ███     ██  ███  ██
    ▄▄████▄▄    █▌                                         ███  ██  ██
  ██▀       ▀▀  █▌                                   ▀▀   ██▌███  ███ ██
▄█              █▌  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄   ▄   ▄▄▄█▄████████ ████   
█▌              ███▀.   ██    ██     ▀███   ███▀
   ████████████████      ▐█
█               ██       █   ██        ██   ██
     █████████▌██████       ▐█
█▌              █▌       █▌  █         ██   ██
      ██████████▀   █       ▐█
 █▄             █▌       █▌
█████████████████████████████████▌     █       ██
  ▀██▄     ▄██  ██
████████▌██████████████████████████████████     ██▄   ▄███
     ▀████▀▀████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████               ██▄▀▀██    ▀▀▀  ██
   ███▀▀▄▄▄█████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██████▄     ██
 ███▄▄██████████▀                                                 ▀█████▀▀
                                                                        ███

█████████████████████████████
Program

❤️
Give Hope To Everyone
━━━━━━━» $1 Is A Big Thing For Them

❤️
Mr.John19

Activity: 350
Merit: 109

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 02:41:37 PM

so far, i was lucky and was not cheated. i hope so, that stays that way. i am also very careful. many friends have warned me in advance of fraudsters around bitcoin.

You are lucky just always be careful. Yes, I already scam last 2017 in the internet store not on the bitcoin. These is my story about the scammer. I wanted to purchase on the store. They offer them all item including cap, shoes, watch and bag, phone and gadgets. I choose to purchase a phone and a watch. The primary standards cash first before the thing. I concur with that arrangement. Money was already sent to them, and they said the item convey 1-2 days. I wait until around one month; I follow up but they, not reaction. I recount all my story to the police. After two months they got the scammer.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: