Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 01:40:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Have You Been Scammed?  (Read 3430 times)
Ejanend

Activity: 460
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 06:07:29 PM

No, I've never been scammed. And I am thankful to that. But we need to be careful, because scammer is everywhere. I wish the scammer stop this, and be fair.

They won't stop by scamming mate because this is their happiness and the more victim they have got the more they happy themselves. I'm not scam too but seems to be in there because my old MEW address was hacked and I don't really expect for that moment.
I have never been scammed since my start that is from 2011 with experience of my father as he have been the investor of crypto world and have taken the benefit of Bitcoin. Now the whole discussion reaches at a point where knowledge comes. If you use the Blockchain technology then it will make you able for safe buying and selling process. Your investment will be from an authentic source. Then there is no scam.

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
s0beit

Activity: 556
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 06:17:56 PM

I just came over from the 'Investor Games' subforum (hope I got that right). A guy there said he came across a site asking to double his bitcoin, he paid in $20 and got $40 the following day or so. He then went for a higher plan of $300 hoping to cash out $600 but they asked him to pay in another $300 before cashing out. He got confused and was asking for advice.

I think I've been there before. Before I became a forum member. I once came across one of those scam sites promising to generate bitcoins. Thought it was real, but when they asked me to pay some transaction fee, I was stuck. I had no money to pay the fee. With the benefit of hindsight, I know I'd have sent them the 'transaction fee' had I had the coins to send them.

Now, what have been your experience with internet scams?
How do we help people not to get scammed?

I have been scammed for a lot of times when I began with bitcoin. It was easy for me to believe fraud and fake informations here in bitcoin. There are really abusive people that might break our trust anytime. However, we can also learn from those mistakes. We could be wiser through that.
Wish 107.5

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 06:35:46 PM

Maybe most of us here were victimized by scam already, and I am one of them, good thing that I just took risk with just minimal amount that is why I did not cried when I knew I was scammed. And, what's important is that I learned from it.
Me too, I've been scammed and I learned a lot from it. I learned to be more careful and never trust people easily. Do a depth research before investing money and think more than thrice.
arthotdog

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 06:53:09 PM

Proud to say that i never been,and hopefully wont happen to me..since im very choosy in every campaign that ive have been joining.same as the ico that i will investing..because before i joined crypto world someones told me to be careful in all aspects here..

Maybe most of us here were victimized by scam already, and I am one of them, good thing that I just took risk with just minimal amount that is why I did not cried when I knew I was scammed. And, what's important is that I learned from it.
Me too, I've been scammed and I learned a lot from it. I learned to be more careful and never trust people easily. Do a depth research before investing money and think more than thrice.
thats a sad thing to hesr,being victim of scams while we only wanted to earn here,why is there scammers that all wanted to take others money ,when they can be fair by joining campaigns or investing too
Jerical13

Activity: 266

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 06:58:07 PM

several times I participated in a bounty of projects that failed in the end and I just spent time I'm very upset
pri3oner

Activity: 504

Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 07:03:10 PM

Unfortunately, yes! But to be honest it was my very first project I was interersted in, so, I dont blame anybody. I was my fault cos I hadnt checked all before I jumped on.  Smiley

███████████   ███   ████     Ever wish you could turn back time to when BTC was $1?     ████   ███   ███████████
B I T G E S E L L          Decentralized Cryptocurrency
██               ████████     •    Telegram    •    Twitter    •    Discord    •    Thread    •     ████████               ██
imking

Activity: 406
Merit: 117

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 08:40:59 AM

I just came over from the 'Investor Games' subforum (hope I got that right). A guy there said he came across a site asking to double his bitcoin, he paid in $20 and got $40 the following day or so. He then went for a higher plan of $300 hoping to cash out $600 but they asked him to pay in another $300 before cashing out. He got confused and was asking for advice.

I think I've been there before. Before I became a forum member. I once came across one of those scam sites promising to generate bitcoins. Thought it was real, but when they asked me to pay some transaction fee, I was stuck. I had no money to pay the fee. With the benefit of hindsight, I know I'd have sent them the 'transaction fee' had I had the coins to send them.

The scammer is every here. We don’t know what strategy to scam other people. The only we can do is to observe on our sounding and think ten times before you decide mostly money involve on that. I don’t have been expertise scam of other people. Most of the Facebook there are a lot of stores or business are a scammer. The only way to avoid it internet scams don’t trust it. Trust the person that you already been recognized before not a new one.
J Gambler

Activity: 910
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 11:45:35 AM

Internet environment is easy scam because nobody knows together. Therefore, before trading you should learn and trade through acquaintances to be safety for your own money.
Well, i am happy to say that i don't have any experience about i am scammed because i carefully think About the things and the way or process of negotiations because scam are beginning in here. Before i invest or do trading i research about my having conversation and do survey if it true legit or not. Big money involves here so become carefully in every move

Y U MAD AT ME
Iamdavid

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 11:49:05 AM

I have never been scammed but i was closed to getting scammed recently by an online user telling me to send btc to him to help me unblock a particular error which i can actually unblock without sending any token or btc to anyone.
brickafterbrickwalldpt

Activity: 294
Merit: 107

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 11:55:26 AM

Unfortunately, like many people here I have been scammed by another user that took advantage of our current system and issued a chargeback. That's why I decided not to sell my Bitcoin  to people I don't know or at least don't see face-to-face. There isn't  any method to prevent people from scamming others. We have to warn others, that's  all we can do actually.

HODLER Open Source Multi-Asset Wallet infrastructure test with $2000 worth of bitcoin for the participants. Read more here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5032817.msg46184177#msg46184177
stigmacryptonight

Activity: 574
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 11:56:22 AM

Experience a lot, for example suddenly there is an incoming message with a link included, and ordered to confirm registration with the reason my email has been registered, but I ignore. In addition, there is an incoming message to claim the token with the MEW address and private key, but I ignore it.
Why I ignore, previously asked many forums. and many suggest to ignore
talkcur

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 11:58:03 AM

One time I almost sent eth to a ico and I suddenly was told that that ico is scam and eventually it was
Crislyn4116

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 12:01:04 PM

For me im a bounty hunter im a free earner that earned without investment. They have some bounty that didnt pay but im happy some of the people said they scammed but the thing is you dont call it a scam of you will not invest or get some personal money to join.

▀   ▀▀   ▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄          E X C H A S E   |   S I G N    U P          ▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀   ▀▀   ▀
▄▄▄▄▄                 All-in-One FinTech Ecosystem                 ▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄     [   FACEBOOK   ] [    TWITTER    ] [   TELEGRAM   ]     ▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀
Ondre

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

https://i.imgur.com/iwknjIj.png

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 12:02:50 PM

Yes, many times... that made me realized that online investments are very risky. I been scam in different investments, ponzi, and others. They are promising at first but in the end it will end up nothing.

http://SPORTSFIX.io
●   BE A GAME CHANGER   ●

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ratatat bangbang

Activity: 308
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 12:05:36 PM

I did but when I was younger, playing a video game called MU, nowdays I  exchange using trustwhorty websites or individuals.
Same here,I was scammed  by heartless people.I invest my little cash for a small chance of profit,at that time I was mesmerized  by there project and offers but sadly  It was a scam,too late to know that I am fooled  already  by someone.
sherwinaze

Activity: 162
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 12:08:16 PM

yes I been scam in bountie campaign because they didn't give my reward for my work I think some other  bounties are not good or scam and I scam in airdrop too.
chipzeru

Activity: 686
Merit: 39

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 12:08:59 PM

Fortunately, i've never got scammed in bitcoin but i've ever got some scam attempts. I remember when i got messages from fake ICO team that offered me big bonus if i sent him certain amount of eth but i doubt he's real as he didn't have admin tag in his chat.
liivii

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 12:15:10 PM

As of this writing I never get scammed or participate on it because before I do a thing I always review and research it so that it would never happen to me. And here in crypto world I double that because I know there's a lot of scam and greedy here waiting for a knowledge less people who will fall from their words. So I suggest before you do a task and you have a doubt then know first the history of that particular thing whether it is bitcoin related or not because you can never avoid those greedy people here and the only thing you can do is to deal with it with proper knowledge.
gjtnwls1

Activity: 378

UNCLOAK™ - Cyber Threat Detection Powered by EOS™

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 12:15:49 PM

yes, when ICO investment was getting popular, I got an email with link to send investment which looks very legit. but It turned out it was scam. Thankfully, ICO company gave me the coin worth to the ether that I sent to scammer. Now, I am very careful Smiley

UNCLOAK™ - Cyber Threat Detection Powered by EOS™
┨PRE-SALE  : 25th MAY - 25th JUNE ▌MAIN-SALE: 26th JUNE - 03rd JULY┠
LinkedIn Twitter Facebook Telegram Medium Reddit
agentx44

Activity: 756
Merit: 268

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 12:37:01 PM

Yes i have experienced scammed many times and most of it are in bounty campaigns. To be honest i really feel so down when i just scammed because i gave a lot of time and effort just to post and give a lot of opinions then i will not get any reward. I hope that those people who scams will be removed in the world of crypto because they ruined everything, even the name of bitcoin that is why people are thinking bitcoin is just a scam, but its not.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: