Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:57:11 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 [110] 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 ... 524 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] EHF eHealth First  (Read 97805 times)
wissy

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 01:01:50 PM

Correct me if I’m wrong, but US residents can still buy the tokens from exchanges once they are listed?

Yes yes they can still buy it, but there are rumors about banning or making it harder to reach to markets.

I doubt they can prevent you from trading on exchanges. But it could get problematic when you will try to withdraw fiat to your bank account.
We all know there is a lot of pressure to governments from banks who are trying to ban crypto.

Piggy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1416

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2018, 01:16:05 PM

The project is really in demand, there are still a lot of questions, but if they create a decentralized database, this will solve a lot of existing problems in health sphere

All the health data in digital format is going to reside ina blockchai/ decentralized database

public health data in public database there is good and bad in this.. 

Is not the all data really a cryptographic representation of it
Fermin AK

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

Presale is live!

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 01:24:54 PM

One problem with long term projects is that the rules of the crypto world change much faster. Now it's possible to workaround the SEC with utility tokens, next month maybe only pro investors with an income over 100k are allowed to invest in any ICO. Could even pull a China, having to refund prior investors. Who knows what those kooks are up to.  Maybe it's time to start thinking about a plan B.

I do have to agree with your that these times are very uncertain and a backup plan should be in place, you might never know what country x will announce tomorrow or the day after.

Well sure, that's always a problem but on the other site while I think that we will face more regulations over time for sure, I don't think that for example America will regulate in a way like China did back then with banning all Chinese ICOs.
You are right that in many years the regulation will change and we do not know how it will affect the projects, but that risk will always exist until the governments regulate it.

webwakko

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

It's all about the cryptocoins

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2018, 01:59:54 PM

Correct me if I’m wrong, but US residents can still buy the tokens from exchanges once they are listed?

Yes yes they can still buy it, but there are rumors about banning or making it harder to reach to markets.

Where do you got those rumors from? Im not from the US but its still intersting if its true

I saw those in some twitter accounts i follow and some threads in bitcointalk, but these are just rumors. banning is a strong word maybe we can say regulating Smiley

Currently we are in the fud phase of crypto. I don't really know which one are real which one for fud. Still, i advise you not to believe every fud you read.
I think the fud phase is starting to fade out.... but let's not get our hopes up yet.. patience Smiley

about the banning US people... don't know why a project bans out certain countries from ICO's.. what reason is behind it?

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project  ☞ Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
alphashotgun

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 02:14:20 PM

Where do you got those rumors from? Im not from the US but its still intersting if its true

I saw those in some twitter accounts i follow and some threads in bitcointalk, but these are just rumors. banning is a strong word maybe we can say regulating Smiley

Currently we are in the fud phase of crypto. I don't really know which one are real which one for fud. Still, i advise you not to believe every fud you read.
I think the fud phase is starting to fade out.... but let's not get our hopes up yet.. patience Smiley

about the banning US people... don't know why a project bans out certain countries from ICO's.. what reason is behind it?

to all Fud-ers crypto is not the space for you to hang out  Cool
Piggy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1416

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2018, 02:39:39 PM

The project is really in demand, there are still a lot of questions, but if they create a decentralized database, this will solve a lot of existing problems in health sphere

All the health data in digital format is going to reside ina blockchai/ decentralized database

I think data will be encrypted. I don't believe that it will be as easy as checking out a Bitcoin address where you can see all transactions and the balance.

Yes the data is not going ro be clearly visible on the blockchain
omwibya

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 03:10:53 PM

I doubt they can prevent you from trading on exchanges. But it could get problematic when you will try to withdraw fiat to your bank account.
We all know there is a lot of pressure to governments from banks who are trying to ban crypto.

you can't outright ban a transfer from one wallet to another. at best they'll require you to fill a KYC at the exchange, which you can easily bypass in my experience.

⧱▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ●     Uchit - The Hub of Communication and Collaboration based on Blockchain Technology.     ●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⧱
⧱▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬      Whitepaper     Facebook     Twitter     Telegram       ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⧱
PRE-ICO | 1st April 2018
the_lovely

Activity: 42
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 03:30:58 PM

I think it is just like that
batako

Activity: 1022
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 03:50:07 PM

There are some bad news regarding cryptocurrency especially ICO's things recently. It looks more and more countries trying to make this kind of investment harder.
ParRus

Activity: 490
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 03:50:42 PM

As far as I know, mainly exchanges make restrictions on the withdrawal of funds without personal verification.
the_lovely

Activity: 42
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 03:59:19 PM

As far as I know, mainly exchanges make restrictions on the withdrawal of funds without personal verification.

okay I did not knew that - how does ether delta handle this?
cantdecide

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 03:59:57 PM

I think data will be encrypted. I don't believe that it will be as easy as checking out a Bitcoin address where you can see all transactions and the balance.
without encryption, nobody will use this. Nobody wants his personal health data shared on an open blockchain.

It will be encrypted, otherwise they would kill their own project. But we are talking about health related stuff, where doctors also have strict regulations etc. So I think they know what to do.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
saintkamei

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 04:18:08 PM

To protect US citizens from losing money through scam ridden ICOs, the SEC took the measure of disallowing its citizens from joining the bandwagon. Right now the route to buying tokens is a bit circuitous. Swipe your card through an exchange like coinbase or changelly for ethereum or bitcoin, and then you go ahead get the token. For etherdelta, you sign-in by syncing your etherwallet. Not the safest route ever.

MIDEX ● BLOCKCHAIN BASED FINANCIAL PLATFORM
▬ with Licensed Exchange approved by Swiss Bankers and Lawyers
# WEBANN + BountyTelegramFacebookTwitterBlog # GET TOKENS #
king_of_alts

Activity: 476

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 04:25:33 PM

without encryption, nobody will use this. Nobody wants his personal health data shared on an open blockchain.

It will be encrypted, otherwise they would kill their own project. But we are talking about health related stuff, where doctors also have strict regulations etc. So I think they know what to do.

I'm sure you are right. They will have to cooperate with hospitals and doctors and in Europe and the US at least there are data protection laws.
Amelie Poulain

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 04:38:31 PM

To protect US citizens from losing money through scam ridden ICOs, the SEC took the measure of disallowing its citizens from joining the bandwagon. Right now the route to buying tokens is a bit circuitous. Swipe your card through an exchange like coinbase or changelly for ethereum or bitcoin, and then you go ahead get the token. For etherdelta, you sign-in by syncing your etherwallet. Not the safest route ever.
I don't recommend using etherdelta - lately they allowed substitution dns server, as result were stolen various tokens cost of millions dollars.
In the case of decentralization, no one is responsible for this.
alphashotgun

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 04:44:25 PM

I don't recommend using etherdelta - lately they allowed substitution dns server, as result were stolen various tokens cost of millions dollars.

is this dangerous too when I don't leave tokens on ether delta?
aveon

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 04:52:06 PM

It can be dangerous too, I know some cases when the tokens were stolen not from exchange market but directly from the wallet. anyways, do your best to secure your capital and hope for the better)
jonnytracker

Activity: 672
Merit: 261

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 04:54:55 PM

It can be dangerous too, I know some cases when the tokens were stolen not from exchange market but directly from the wallet. anyways, do your best to secure your capital and hope for the better)

I think you mean phising clone websites, its the fault of users. Not etherdelta
aveon

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 05:01:26 PM

I think you mean phising clone websites, its the fault of users. Not etherdelta
Yeah, or exposing your private information (e.g. private key) to third parties by mistake or as a result of fraud. As far as I know Linux or MacOS is more preferable than Windows in terms of security
MattLeBlanc

Activity: 364
Merit: 37

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 05:16:30 PM

I don't think etherdelta does that. Their main tag line is that they are a decentralized exchange. If they restrict someone then I don't think they should call themselves decentralized.
Pages: « 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 [110] 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 ... 524 »
  Print  

Jump to: