Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:14:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 [353] 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 ... 538 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] profit switching auto-exchanging pool - www.middlecoin.com  (Read 829874 times)
induktor

Activity: 710
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 12:50:24 AM

Hello
I have been mining here for several weeks, but the useless work resulting of the 1024K difficulty bugs me a bit.

I have been reading the last 50 pages but couldn't find the info I want.
What would be best, using 1 thread with 7950 and high TC for middlecoin or a 280X with g 2 at 750Kh?

what I am asking is what is better to accommodate for the 1024K difficulty, I am trying to make it work as efficient as I can.

any hint?, thank you!
indkt.

BTC addr: 1vTGnFgaM2WJjswwmbj6N2AQBWcHfimSc
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BoeserKeller

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 12:53:43 AM

Difficulty increases variance but has no influence on your average payout.
induktor

Activity: 710
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 01:04:14 AM

But most of the time i see that my GPUs are working and new block, new block, new block, but nothing gets delivered even for a minute, this is useless work isn't it?, that's what I want to prevent, if it is better to use here 280X I will and leave 7950s in another pool, or at the inverse.
I have two farms one in full production of 7950s, and another one entering online this week full of R9 280X, and I wanna make them as profitable as I can (I am also an efficiency freak, can't help it  Grin it goes beyond money hehe)

BTC addr: 1vTGnFgaM2WJjswwmbj6N2AQBWcHfimSc
revvv

Activity: 146

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 01:05:56 AM

Could someone explain me how ASICS Scrypt miners will effect middlecoin? I don't understand why should make a difference. I am planning to invest so I need some info. There are already miners with GH/s but my payout is not affected from the miners on middlecoin, only by the value of the coin itself right?

Is the equation like more GH/s = increase coin difficulty = less payout for everyone?

Lets say on average we are making $10 for 1MH/s at the moment. Lets say in 6 months there will be 10 times the network hasrate. $1 for 1MH/S?
dablanket

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 01:10:11 AM

Hello
I have been mining here for several weeks, but the useless work resulting of the 1024K difficulty bugs me a bit.

I have been reading the last 50 pages but couldn't find the info I want.
What would be best, using 1 thread with 7950 and high TC for middlecoin or a 280X with g 2 at 750Kh?

what I am asking is what is better to accommodate for the 1024K difficulty, I am trying to make it work as efficient as I can.

any hint?, thank you!
indkt.

so far only these works for me @ 1~% reject

Code:
280x @ 680kh/s:-
thread-concurrency : 28672 (2048 * 14)
gpu-thread : 1
intensity : 18
gpu-engine : 1100
gpu-memclock : 1500

7950 @ 590kh/s :-
thread-concurrency : 25984 (1792 * 14.5)
gpu-thread : 1
intensity : 18
gpu-engine : 1050
gpu-memclock : 1250
sykal

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 01:11:23 AM

Could someone explain me how ASICS Scrypt miners will effect middlecoin? I don't understand why should make a difference. I am planning to invest so I need some info. There are already miners with GH/s but my payout is not affected from the miners on middlecoin, only by the value of the coin itself right?

Is the equation like more GH/s = increase coin difficulty = less payout for everyone?

Lets say on average we are making $10 for 1MH/s at the moment. Lets say in 6 months there will be 10 times the network hasrate. $1 for 1MH/S?

more hash on middlecoin means that we are sacrificing the ability to exchange the smaller coins, and possibly earn higher profits.
Unless h20 comes up with a software solution to load balance the exchanges so we don't crash the smaller coins.
gtraah

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 01:27:20 AM

Also, people seem to forget that Scrypt ASICs allow for more expandability for miners like me, with 11 rigs. I have no room left, I'd be tripping breakers, and too much heat is being generated.

Scrypt ASICs would solve all these problems for me.

So that argument about X number of 280x's costing XXX dollars, isn't totally relevant when trying to compare to ASICs, which can allow much more hashing, with much less power consumption, and much less heat being generated, and taking up a much smaller footprint.

Also applies to people who live in smaller apartments. Suddenly instead of having enough circuits to allow going from 5 MH/s, to being able to power four X 25 MH/s ASICs, will make a huge difference.

You keep forgetting that difficulty will rise like there is no tomorrow. So your going to need more and more and more eventually turning into bitcoin.
gtraah

Activity: 420

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 01:36:58 AM

Stats froze???
Caze

Activity: 107

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 01:39:59 AM

But most of the time i see that my GPUs are working and new block, new block, new block, but nothing gets delivered even for a minute, this is useless work isn't it?, that's what I want to prevent, if it is better to use here 280X I will and leave 7950s in another pool, or at the inverse.
I have two farms one in full production of 7950s, and another one entering online this week full of R9 280X, and I wanna make them as profitable as I can (I am also an efficiency freak, can't help it  Grin it goes beyond money hehe)

I even use my lowly HD5850 to mine here. With a hash of 330kh/s it still manages to have a WU of 340 and an efficiency of around 110% so I wouldn't worry about the 7950, their hash isn't going to waste.
Catswold

Activity: 518
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 01:40:19 AM

I don't know about you, but I'm not concerned about Scrypt ASIC's rendering my GPU's obsolete for mining. I'm sure there will be something new to mine anyway.

And what's with the spiteful reply? lol, bunch of kids on here full of hate... seriously.

...and I have a house....

That would be because you have 11 rigs. Sure you have a shit ton of hash cool. but once scypt acis come out. normal people will become obsolete. Like mining bitcoins is now. like it has been said a million times before. Some people don't have a house payment to put out on mining rigs.

I'm not trying to offend you, but if you can't deal with the competitive nature of this business, then it's not for you.

Also, like I said, I wouldn't worry about GPU's becoming obsolete. Quark for example, with the right software, can be mined with a GPU. I'm sure there will be many others. I could be wrong, but in my opinion there is currently too much vested interest here to just let this all die away.

The competitive nature? You start your 11 rigs and go do whatever you do. Then have H20 do the work for you. Oh hey, bitcoin in my wallet. Competitive nature. ha.

How is it not competitive? Do you know what competitive means? lol, whoever has more hash power, earns more coins. It's that simple. If there was no competition, nobody would need ASICs or GPU's. Satoshi would be happily mining away with a few CPU's.

In competition you know your opponent. Who are you battling? For what? No end prize. Mine until you don't want to. Who says how much or little you have to mine? Sorry but mining is not competitive in the sense I am talking.

You don't make any sense kid..
Actually you don't make any sense.  Mining isn't "competitive."  Not in any way shape or form.  This is so, because no matter how high your hash-rate, it does not affect my own earnings.

The only possible way mining could be "competitive," is if you felt some need to earn more than the next guy, and he chose to "compete" with you.

As long as I am happy with my hash-rate, your hash-rate is irrelevant.
sykal

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 01:42:46 AM

I don't know about you, but I'm not concerned about Scrypt ASIC's rendering my GPU's obsolete for mining. I'm sure there will be something new to mine anyway.

And what's with the spiteful reply? lol, bunch of kids on here full of hate... seriously.

That would be because you have 11 rigs. Sure you have a shit ton of hash cool. but once scypt acis come out. normal people will become obsolete. Like mining bitcoins is now. like it has been said a million times before. Some people don't have a house payment to put out on mining rigs.

I'm not trying to offend you, but if you can't deal with the competitive nature of this business, then it's not for you.

Also, like I said, I wouldn't worry about GPU's becoming obsolete. Quark for example, with the right software, can be mined with a GPU. I'm sure there will be many others. I could be wrong, but in my opinion there is currently too much vested interest here to just let this all die away.

The competitive nature? You start your 11 rigs and go do whatever you do. Then have H20 do the work for you. Oh hey, bitcoin in my wallet. Competitive nature. ha.

How is it not competitive? Do you know what competitive means? lol, whoever has more hash power, earns more coins. It's that simple. If there was no competition, nobody would need ASICs or GPU's. Satoshi would be happily mining away with a few CPU's.

In competition you know your opponent. Who are you battling? For what? No end prize. Mine until you don't want to. Who says how much or little you have to mine? Sorry but mining is not competitive in the sense I am talking.

Actually you don't make any sense.  Mining isn't "competitive."  Not in any way shape or form.  This is so, because no matter how high your hash-rate, it does not affect my own earnings.

The only possible way mining could be "competitive," is if you felt some need to earn more than the next guy, and he chose to "compete" with you.

Actually, as more people do it and increase hashrates collectively, your payout is directly effected as difficulty rises.
competitive might be the wrong word he chose to use, but if you don't continue to expand, eventually it becomes less profitable.
karolina

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 01:44:31 AM

Also, people seem to forget that Scrypt ASICs allow for more expandability for miners like me, with 11 rigs. I have no room left, I'd be tripping breakers, and too much heat is being generated.

Scrypt ASICs would solve all these problems for me.

So that argument about X number of 280x's costing XXX dollars, isn't totally relevant when trying to compare to ASICs, which can allow much more hashing, with much less power consumption, and much less heat being generated, and taking up a much smaller footprint.

Also applies to people who live in smaller apartments. Suddenly instead of having enough circuits to allow going from 5 MH/s, to being able to power four X 25 MH/s ASICs, will make a huge difference.

You keep forgetting that difficulty will rise like there is no tomorrow. So your going to need more and more and more eventually turning into bitcoin.

Right, because I forgot this very obvious factor, on more than one occasion, with my low post count, which by the way, was completely irrelevant to the statement I was trying to make.  Roll Eyes  Moron.

Biggen

Activity: 160

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 01:50:58 AM

Huh Huh

Mining is VERY competitive.  It's an arms race against the ASIC clock.  It's also a race against the rising difficulty clock.

Asics's are coming one way or another.  I still think it will be a while before they offer the performance/price that makes sense.  Also, it will take a generation or two to really get the kinks worked out.

But if you aren't either racing to get as much coin now as you can, then you are bringing up the rear because the rest of use are building farms.  We want to collect/cash in as much BTC as possible before ASICs drive the difficulty up so much that you actually NEED said asic to mine/survive in this hobby.
karolina

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 01:53:50 AM

Whatever you say, bud. If that's your opinion, then you're entitled to it.
Gamer67

Activity: 294

тσ ¢σιи σя иσт тσ ¢σιи?

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 01:57:25 AM

It is called progress. Either you move along with it or you get left behind crying about the neighbors Maserati Smiley

"I am not Dorian Nakamoto."
karolina

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 02:00:17 AM

Huh Huh

Mining is VERY competitive.  It's an arms race against the ASIC clock.  It's also a race against the rising difficulty clock.

Asics's are coming one way or another.  I still think it will be a while before they offer the performance/price that makes sense.  Also, it will take a generation or two to really get the kinks worked out.

But if you aren't either racing to get as much coin now as you can, then you are bringing up the rear because the rest of use are building farms.  We want to collect/cash in as much BTC as possible before ASICs drive the difficulty up so much that you actually NEED said asic to mine/survive in this hobby.

It is called progress. Either you move along with it or you get left behind crying about the neighbors Maserati Smiley

+1. Finally some adults around here.

Funny how kids around here like to play with their words just so they can 1up people on the Internet.
64dimensions

Activity: 578
Merit: 508

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 02:02:55 AM

Just to chime in, my very stable rig gets about 1 - 1.5% rejects using Litecoin pools and on middlepool, about 5% - 7%.

Here is the ROI issue on tweaking. I am specifically referring to Tweaking that takes the whole rig down.

For the the sake of argument, suppose the rig WU is 1MH/s. If I take the rig down like for 5 mins, then I've lost 300MH.

To earn this missing hashing back in an hour this means my tweak has to result in a hashing rate increase of 8.3% or 83 kH/s.

Or to breakeven from this tweak in a week, about 12 kH/s.

Zoella

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 02:03:34 AM

Sure wish H2o would give us an update with why the personal stat pages arent fooking working.

Love this pool. Just hate the lack of transparency and info when shit breaks.

Another vote for working personal stats page!
Gamer67

Activity: 294

тσ ¢σιи σя иσт тσ ¢σιи?

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 02:03:35 AM

Huh Huh

Funny how kids around here like to play with their words just so they can 1up people on the Internet.

I would not sweat it. You should hear the cpu miners cry on new scrypt coin releases Smiley

"I am not Dorian Nakamoto."
karolina

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 02:07:30 AM

Huh Huh

Mining is VERY competitive.  It's an arms race against the ASIC clock.  It's also a race against the rising difficulty clock.

Asics's are coming one way or another.  I still think it will be a while before they offer the performance/price that makes sense.  Also, it will take a generation or two to really get the kinks worked out.

But if you aren't either racing to get as much coin now as you can, then you are bringing up the rear because the rest of use are building farms.  We want to collect/cash in as much BTC as possible before ASICs drive the difficulty up so much that you actually NEED said asic to mine/survive in this hobby.

I would not sweat it. You should hear the cpu miners cry on new scrypt coin releases Smiley

I hear you on that one. People treat this like a BUSINESS. They're here to make money. You can't expect to keep earning proportionally if you don't use competitive hardware. One thing you can expect though, is a lot of bitching.
Pages: « 1 ... 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 [353] 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 ... 538 »
  Print  

Jump to: