Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 02:19:01 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 73 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HODL or REGRET!!!  (Read 7210 times)
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 06:45:58 AM

It's a common thing, its just the wrong prediction of market and all of traders ever experienced this kind of things, you just need to learn more about the market and dont be disappointed, the more you learn the better trader you will become, if you already ever bought a potential coin it's mean you got the skill to choose the right coin, so there will be more opportunities to make profit in the future
oturanbilboa

Activity: 454
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2017, 06:56:26 AM

We regret everything we sell. We should set ourselves sales targets and sell them when we reach the target.
And never look back! Wink

Ebenezar64

Activity: 210
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 06:59:37 AM

Hehe yes I have also made pretty much the same mistake. I even listened to Youtube videos on the "Single biggest mistake" crypto owners do: Sell their coins as soon as they are starting to move up since they expect a pullback and then miss out on a 100x rush.

Even after lsitening to that I sold off my Ripple since it was just going down and now it has gone from 25 cents to $1 in a short amount of time. So HODL the coins you believe in. move them from exchanges so you don't touch them and come back to them a year later when they are either worth nothing or 100-1000x Wink

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord   ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Muhammad Muneeb

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 07:03:09 AM

there is a saying that "we only cross the river once'' don't look back there is much  more to explore i sold 10k verge at the price of 350 satoshi and now verge is trading at 920 satoshi. so this happens there is no need to be worried it happens in the everyday life of trader.. at least you are happy with you current investment.

styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 07:06:03 AM

I'm really disappointed with myself now because of Verge. Way back June 2017, I bought $200 worth of XVG and I sold it last week a day before the pump happened. It could be worth more than $5k now if I just HODL. Cry Well, I need to move on and learn from this mistakes. This will be a lesson for me to have patience and wait for the right time to sell my coins. The reason why I sold it was because I need more funds to buy another coin. I'm happy with the coin I bought because I can now see that it is now starting to pump. Maybe, I'm just half disappointed every time I'm seeing the current value of Verge. I bought some XVG again and will surely hold it this time. Smiley I hope that this experience of mine can be a good example for everyone especially the newbies in this community.

This is a constant problem with trading, everyone who trades experiences it at some point - but if you look at your whole trading history and you have made more gains than losses, then there is no reason to regret.
jbautistangina

Activity: 258
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 07:08:10 AM
Last edit: January 24, 2018, 02:19:27 AM by jbautistangina

Embrace your losses and make it your experience to be better on judgments,because analysis is the most important thing in the cryptoworld you need to know how the market moves.Keep traing forward,do not stop when you lose,quiters will always be losers.

Temik2704

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 07:12:03 AM

On a long term period - HOLDers usually win much more than daily traders. But dont forget that crypto is a bubble, overhyped bubble and sometime it can be bursted.

macchiato

Activity: 420
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 08:18:47 AM

We don't really know for sure what will happen next. All we can do is predict based on research, instincts or observations and you've got no fault. As long as you did not lose any of your money and even if the profit is mildly small compared to what you have computed, still be thankful. There are other people there who lose instead of gaining. Just use this as a lesson to be patient and wait Smiley

kevindeangelis

Activity: 448
Merit: 130

3D-Printing goes Blockchain!

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 08:30:11 AM

It’s a bad experience but it can happen to everyone..so no need to blame yourself.. I’m sure next time you’ll give enough time and hold. I really think Verge is worth for waiting

Visin

Activity: 436
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 08:34:13 AM

I'm really disappointed with myself now because of Verge. Way back June 2017, I bought $200 worth of XVG and I sold it last week a day before the pump happened. It could be worth more than $5k now if I just HODL. Cry Well, I need to move on and learn from this mistakes. This will be a lesson for me to have patience and wait for the right time to sell my coins. The reason why I sold it was because I need more funds to buy another coin. I'm happy with the coin I bought because I can now see that it is now starting to pump. Maybe, I'm just half disappointed every time I'm seeing the current value of Verge. I bought some XVG again and will surely hold it this time. Smiley I hope that this experience of mine can be a good example for everyone especially the newbies in this community.
you can say regret but you can start now
That's true, most people stop when they lose their money though the opportunity for them to make money still stands.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
itsv

Activity: 532

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2017, 08:35:17 AM

Yea it's difficult to make a right choice every time.. what i have seen this past year is that you win some and you loose some..
Tosyn2

Activity: 566
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 09:35:55 AM

From my experience, it is best to hold it has happened to me twice. I got free airdrop btcred to be precise and flipped it in the market two months later it become x14 since then i have been holding my coin and will hold them for at least 6months.
adam1230
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 09:37:40 AM

My choice is hodl. Crypto investment need more patience then fx or stocks investments. So being a hodler will give you more profit then other investments.
Take you time and enjoy the profits.
misterj

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 09:46:00 AM

In my opinion, you could choose hodl and do not regret it or vice versa. You could hodl a coin and withdraw some if you really need the money and it is urget but if not why should you withdraw all? The tip is invest, hodl, wait, and withdraw if you are in greatly need of money or you have a plan on it which could increase your profit.

██▄░░▄▄░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▄Blockchain Art Platform
█▄▀░░█▄▄▄█▄█▄▀[Twitter]  [Telegram] [Reddit] [Medium]
░░░█▄█▄▄▄█░░█▄█▄▄Tradable Assets  Unique Ownership  Proven Authenticity
ItBeginInAfrica

Activity: 120
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 09:54:31 AM

traders don't have to try to behave like hodlers and vice versa.

In between there are many shades and usually success in buying assets is
inversely proportional to how much trading you do (Warren Buffet says something like this)

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
OrcaTech

Activity: 557
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 10:01:50 AM

If investors every time regret that they didn't hodl enough i think they won't be rich at all.
Any success in trading is a risk always! You can't be sure in your decision by 100%.
CryptoBuds
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1043

HODL

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 10:03:28 AM

HODL is good but sometimes we need to change our assets to the most promising. The situation at the crypto market changes every hour and we must react very fast.

BitNaija

Activity: 322

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 10:08:02 AM

My take is that you did what was right at the time. Yes, having the benefit of hind sight could make you feel as you are but hey, it solved a problem.

The evolving nature of cryptocurrencies will have so much of similar experiences. Patience is a virtue they say. But everything has time. Do not regret.

kristensoto

Activity: 490

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 10:17:09 AM

i think we will meet this situation sometimes in our work, because we never know when will the day the coin will be pumped so we can hold a little not just selling all of them, i dont be regret about what you have done, believe in the your decision.

Usui-Kun

Activity: 224

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 10:25:43 AM

No one can tell the prices or value of the coins that they hodl at a certain time in the future. Maybe you can differ the ones with potential or the ones that will die quick enough to dump them immediately. The risks are the ones that you need to consider, if you sell or hodl, there is always that risk that your coin's value might change abruptly. So you should not make any regrets because that was the risk you took.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 73 »
  Print  

Jump to: