Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:30:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 73 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HODL or REGRET!!!  (Read 7209 times)
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 05:09:43 AM

Just move on man when it comes to these type of scenario don't feel sorry about your decision because it will just chase you and even before you sleep you'll just struggle so thinking about it will not help. Learning from this mistake will help for future decision making, me myself I have the same error committed but it goes to bitcoin for selling before when I was quite new to it and I thought that was a good decision. It help me with the way when it comes to deciding if I'll buy a new coin.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GFE

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 05:12:32 AM

I'm really disappointed with myself now because of Verge. Way back June 2017, I bought $200 worth of XVG and I sold it last week a day before the pump happened. It could be worth more than $5k now if I just HODL. Cry Well, I need to move on and learn from this mistakes. This will be a lesson for me to have patience and wait for the right time to sell my coins. The reason why I sold it was because I need more funds to buy another coin. I'm happy with the coin I bought because I can now see that it is now starting to pump. Maybe, I'm just half disappointed every time I'm seeing the current value of Verge. I bought some XVG again and will surely hold it this time. Smiley I hope that this experience of mine can be a good example for everyone especially the newbies in this community.

I'm trying to hold at least of 20% of coins. For ex, if I have ripple and I see big pump I will sell 50-80% of coins only

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
danjonbit

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

DanJoN

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 05:15:17 AM

I make some bad decisions on trading, and I used it as a path to learn more and how to avoid such misfortune. but we cant know what will happen in the future so just trade the amount you will afford to loose and dont be regret on what you do in trading, we cant undo the past though Smiley

THE GREAT DANJON HIMSELF !
nerverd99

Activity: 210

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 05:16:03 AM

I'm really disappointed with myself now because of Verge. Way back June 2017, I bought $200 worth of XVG and I sold it last week a day before the pump happened. It could be worth more than $5k now if I just HODL. Cry Well, I need to move on and learn from this mistakes. This will be a lesson for me to have patience and wait for the right time to sell my coins. The reason why I sold it was because I need more funds to buy another coin. I'm happy with the coin I bought because I can now see that it is now starting to pump. Maybe, I'm just half disappointed every time I'm seeing the current value of Verge. I bought some XVG again and will surely hold it this time. Smiley I hope that this experience of mine can be a good example for everyone especially the newbies in this community.
it will be a valuable experience for you
I have also experienced such things and now I am more patient and less reckless
Phil419She

Activity: 346

BitSong is a dcentralized music streaming platform

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 05:44:13 AM

Well the I really put in mind that I will never regret as when the time for selling comes. We really dont know the future of theses coins so as long as you profit from selling it, its already a bonus. But when I got the airdrop EBTC and HODL it for more than a week and not sold it when it is at its peak, man it really made me sleepless for a night lol.

IamAltcoinfan

Activity: 462
Merit: 103

homt.net

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 05:57:43 AM

Same happened with me i sold some token while bitcoin price was rising as well as at the time of bitcoin forks happened on october and november cancelled now i am really regretting the value of tokens more than 4k i could have keep as it is i sold it for very less price even for me also the big lesson.

► HOMT ◄ ♦ World’s First Crypto Based Students Rental Platform ♦ ► HOMT ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Facebook|LinkedIn
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 06:00:31 AM

thought about investing in verge before pump but I held back. I don't really regret it. You gotta invest in alts that you can hold for few years without regret else panic will ensue as soon as there is some dump or price isn't going where you want it to go. Hope you get it all back soon through other investment.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
lelou

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 06:38:54 AM

It's just a bad luck. Hold until when? What if after you sold your coins the price dumps and won't recover?
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 11:35:41 AM

I bought a bit XVG at price 9.8e-07 BTC, and sold all when it reached 30.4e-07 and now it's 95.9e-07 BTC. But I dont regret about it.
Basically get profit x3 is too much already, I dont expect that much when I purchased XVG.
The current price, it already about X18 compared with the price of 1 month ago. This coin may be the most outperform altcoin compared with BTC since Feb.2017.
There is usually no point regretting a decision that has already been made. One way or the other, everyone usually find themselves in this situation and the only people who are doing fine now are the ones who have learnt their lessons over the years.

I have learnt to only buy more if I can most especially when the market is in a really bad state, knowing that they cannot get worst and at the end, it is always smiles holding. However, once you learn your lessons the first time, it is always hard to fall into such trap again.
borgx

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 11:38:12 AM

Just move on man when it comes to these type of scenario don't feel sorry about your decision because it will just chase you and even before you sleep you'll just struggle so thinking about it will not help. Learning from this mistake will help for future decision making, me myself I have the same error committed but it goes to bitcoin for selling before when I was quite new to it and I thought that was a good decision. It help me with the way when it comes to deciding if I'll buy a new coin.
Good advice. I pumped an amount into crypto's that i can afford to lose. I see it as my hobby. I lost about 15% of my initial investment now, but feel its due to xmas and will rise again. And even if not, i'l have fun doing research and seeing what i can do to alter the downcource.
Now people who made this their jobs will have a bad day. People with this as hobby will just have a sad day, but can remain optimistic Smiley
gidaahmad

Activity: 476

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 11:49:08 AM

You better forget the problem. Although forgetting is difficult, but by looking forward all will look bright. And be grateful for what is right now. Because regret will not produce anything.
rammanbl4

Activity: 252

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 12:07:08 PM

Noone can know future
but i sure that long investor will get more profit than swing trader in crypto
10%, 20% or 50% is too little in crypto
YOu should keep your coin in 6 months - 1 year
That will make you become rich
zander09

Activity: 546

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 12:07:19 PM

Same happen as mine, i sell my coin at the price of 440 USD Then after a week the price was 3k USD, I'm felling so sad when i see the price,  but its really a lesson for us to be patient while we are in holding.
Dxdiax26

Activity: 267

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 04:17:36 PM

such cases are often encountered to all traders who plunge in trading. I used to have experience similar things like you, and I am now learning to be more patient and patient if I want to sell my coins or tokens, because in the history of crytocurency there is nothing impossible for example bitcoin prices early 2017 bitcoin prices for only $ 800 and now the price of bitcoin can break out at $ 12852.
geraldgold

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

to the moon

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 04:25:09 PM

lol. patience is the key and don't pull out when in dip.sell high not on low. all are just marketing.

keep it up.
cryptoux

Activity: 186

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 04:40:36 PM

Learn from your mistakes and make no mistakes,thats how we improve our skills.

maot4

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 04:54:25 PM

I've learnt that you have to make up your mind what your strategy is and stick with it, you can Hodl or take profit when it makes sense but never try to look back and regret your decision
ubay

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 04:56:26 PM

I prefer to withhold than cut loss, if you are ready with the risk of cut loss is your right. But I suggest holding it a little longer for you to make a profit.

Marenos

Activity: 312
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 05:08:47 PM

Its the 4th or 5th time this year and everytime the same news, same panic and the same questions. Calm down all. Just hold....
yluna88

Activity: 140

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 05:10:48 PM

If you are tempted to sell but not sure whether it's the right move and time, you can reduce the impact of regret by selling half of your hodlings. For example, you buy a certain coin and after a few days it gets pumped up to double or triple your purchase price... you don't know whether the price is going further up or will start falling... what you can do is sell half of your hodlings. Doing it that way, you'll recoup your initial investment and what's left is playing with profits.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 73 »
  Print  

Jump to: