Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:52:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 73 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HODL or REGRET!!!  (Read 7209 times)
cexylikepie

Activity: 779
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 11:25:53 PM

I think we all have a version of this story. Me too. I tried not to dwell on it. It was a freely dropped coin prl and sold it at $1 when after a day or two it shoot to $2 and still trending on that price till now. I had to quote ur comment coz this made me feel a lot better and got a better perspective on how to see the situation.

Quote from: Lodi0808
link=topic=2622868.msg26700601#msg26700601 date=1513830054
I'm really disappointed with myself now because of Verge. Way back June 2017, I bought $200 worth of XVG and I sold it last week a day before the pump happened. It could be worth more than $5k now if I just HODL. Cry Well, I need to move on and learn from this mistakes. This will be a lesson for me to have patience and wait for the right time to sell my coins. The reason why I sold it was because I need more funds to buy another coin. I'm happy with the coin I bought because I can now see that it is now starting to pump. Maybe, I'm just half disappointed every time I'm seeing the current value of Verge. I bought some XVG again and will surely hold it this time. Smiley I hope that this experience of mine can be a good example for everyone especially the newbies in this community.
The is a common mistake for holders. At least you have learned your lesson dude. Moving forward you already kniw what to do.
Before sell your coin, you should to try prepare the situation the price of which coin you will sell can increases again. Therefore, I do not need to spend much times to regret cryptocurrency I hold for long term, because I always think that profit is enough and I accept to get that amount.
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
howardhoward

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 06:40:27 PM

I sold my 6k ripple coins last night! Embarrassed

That's a wrong move. I saw Ripple as one of the two top coins that had gains despite of all the dump of the other coins.

No it's not a wrong move. That's the best decision on his/her life. Cheesy

Why is it the best decision?
Hoganye

Activity: 625
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 11:49:55 PM

I sold my 6k ripple coins last night! Embarrassed

That's a wrong move. I saw Ripple as one of the two top coins that had gains despite of all the dump of the other coins.

No it's not a wrong move. That's the best decision on his/her life. Cheesy

Why is it the best decision?
He/she is just joke, his/her idea is that is the best decision to "help" his/her life ignore the opportunity to have profit from Ripple. 6,000 XRP can be more than $10,000 when the price of Ripple near 2 dollars, it is not a small amount.
Anndrianno

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 11:50:54 PM

Definitely regret ;-))))))

GreatArkansas
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1345

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2018, 12:02:06 AM

I'm really disappointed with myself now because of Verge. Way back June 2017, I bought $200 worth of XVG and I sold it last week a day before the pump happened. It could be worth more than $5k now if I just HODL. Cry Well, I need to move on and learn from this mistakes. This will be a lesson for me to have patience and wait for the right time to sell my coins. The reason why I sold it was because I need more funds to buy another coin. I'm happy with the coin I bought because I can now see that it is now starting to pump. Maybe, I'm just half disappointed every time I'm seeing the current value of Verge. I bought some XVG again and will surely hold it this time. Smiley I hope that this experience of mine can be a good example for everyone especially the newbies in this community.

It's ok. It's really a part of being a trader or holder. But now, you learned your lesson, you should make your final decision nextime. But as long as you gained profits, no worries at all. It's ok, atleast you don't lose something money, just try again to other coins and make again like that.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
bumoranty

Activity: 110

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 12:18:21 AM

Have heard a lot of these type of experience on bitcointalk, but what I see to is that, some people sell to take profit then they regret selling later.
arunakiran

Activity: 224
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 07:09:24 PM

Hodl for some time, it will recover all coins
ElitistCA

Activity: 477
Merit: 250

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 06:52:14 PM

It's ok. It's really a part of being a trader or holder. But now, you learned your lesson, you should make your final decision nextime. But as long as you gained profits, no worries at all. It's ok, atleast you don't lose something money, just try again to other coins and make again like that.
That is right, you can not earn all profit from an opportunity and you also can not know the future. This is the reason you have regret in your life, if you did not have regret anything in the past, you are the happiest person on the world, congratulations on that!

███████████████████████
     ███▄ ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄█▀▀  █████
    ███  █▀  ▀█▀▀▀       ▐█ ███
   ███  ▄██▄▄█▀▄▄▄        █▌ ███
  ███ ▄█▀  █     ▀█▄▄     ▐█  ▐██
 ███▄█▀    █        ▀█▄▄  ▄▄▄ ██
████▀      █           ▀██▀   ▀█ ██
 ██▀█▄     █          ▄█▀▀█▄▄▄█▀██
  ██ ▀█▄   █      ▄▄█▀▀    ▐█  ██
   ██  ▀█▄█▀▀█▄▄█▀▀        █▌ ██
    ███  █▄  ▄█▀█▄▄▄      █▌███
     ███  ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀█▄▄▐████
      ███████████████████████

▄▄       ▄▄▄        ▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄ 
  ▀█▄   ▄█▀ ▀█▄    ▄█▀ ▄█▀▀   ▀▀█▄
    ▀█▄█▀     ▀█▄▄█▀  ▐█         █▌
    ▄█▀█▄      ▄█▀    ▐█         █▌
  ▄█▀   ▀█▄  ▄█▀       █▄       ▄█
▄█▀       ▀██▀          ▀▀█▄▄▄█▀▀

Network
BLOCKCHAIN JUST ENTERED THE REAL WORLD
  Decentralized Crypto-Location Oracle Network
GET WHITELISTED FOR TOKEN SALE ( Limited )

WHITE PAPER  ││  ANN Thread  Telegram   Medium   Twitter   Reddit
kingzues09

Activity: 226
Merit: 14

BaanX

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 06:58:50 PM

SOrry to hear that brother.. dont blame yourself. Crypto never end and never sleep. it will continously to grow there are lot of coins in coin marketcap keep on reading their project and development until you decided to where you can invest. HOld buddy is important thing you can do for now.

ivanst776
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 07:02:26 PM

DECEMBER 21, I am pretty sure you missed the 62 satoshis XVG by that time as XVG pumped around 19th and 20th of December right? well you missed the lowest point of XVG which is verge but I if you bought it last 21st of December, I'm pretty sure that you still hit more than 15 times of your capital, this ain't really bad then. but I do hope that you sold the verge at the right time, coz if you are still holding it till now, you missed again the nice time to gain money.
Ascredo

Activity: 224
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 07:09:02 PM

I had something similar I was holding XRP at 0,17 didn't wait and sold for$ 0.25 and the very next day he flew! Cry
munareal

Activity: 644
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 07:15:12 PM

There is no point regretting after a sale has been consummated  as a crypto currency user . We all know how volatile the market situation of crypto currencies is and more over it was our choice to sell . Regretting is just making a bad day worst.
Salesman4coinZ

Activity: 336
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 07:19:56 PM

I think everybody who is new to cryptocurrencies and trading will make this experience. I sold BItcoinRed for 0.2ETH, if i hold it some weeks i could get make 1.6Eth. The same with hawala token that i got from airdrop. I sold them for 0.2ETH and if i wait a little bit longer i could get 4.5Eth Shocked But now the coins are gone, and i learned a good lesson!
crisk

Activity: 24

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 07:20:48 PM

I am a born hodler Wink
rdlainey23

Activity: 31

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 07:28:30 PM

I am a born hodler Wink

I will second that,
I threw a broken lazer from a PS3 out today, I think I HODL more than just crypto
DedvTapkax

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

Monetizing Mobile Engagement Data

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 07:28:46 PM

I also got this experience. And now I came to the conclusion that the more time I keep coins, the higher the profit I will get. This conclusion stops me from selling the coin.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     SWIPE  │ Monetizing mobile engagement data, on the blockchain    ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Reddit          ▄▄▄▄
mmm01
Legendary

Activity: 973
Merit: 1053

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 07:56:25 PM

If you really want to make money and do not want to lose your health, turn off your computer after purchasing any coin. Do not follow it regularly and wait for it to rise. It's always logical to hold.
tekin_ural

Activity: 211
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 07:57:42 PM

if theres the possibility of increasement hold it
commanderbitcoin

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 08:10:09 PM

If you think it is a gOod project, it is better if you hold it for at east a year or more. If you see the chart of those solid projects, they may tumble but get back up after the the dump. You really need to be patient if you want success in life. Don't look for a quick cash because sometimes you often lose because of our greediness.

webminati

Activity: 44

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 08:10:59 PM

I bought TRX at 250 and sold it at 500 sats. It rose to 2000. I picked up at 1400, now it's hovering at 600. Bough more to fix the average.

I am bullish on elixir now, will hodl that one for 1 year and see what will happen.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 73 »
  Print  

Jump to: