Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 05:24:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 [133] 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DRILLBIT SYSTEM Miners - Avalon range available - Now $104.99!  (Read 273577 times)
kabopar

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 08:40:50 AM

Congrats!  your board seems to be doing fine  Smiley
Getting
cgminer version 3.8.5 - Started: [2013-12-31 09:46:00]

DRB 0: E8  32.2C (34.7C) | 22.44G/22.44Gh/s | A:435092 R:1058 HW:14051 WU:313.5
snapshot time [2014-01-01 08:56:47]  (abt 23 hours)
while running with --drillbit-options int:53:2:950

HNY
Cheers
well just stop working with those setting back to default int:40:1:850  the other i now just get asc timeouts

ed. using int:52:2:850 with lot less hw errors!?
edd. using :950 produces asic timeouts
Do the asic timeouts at :950 persist or are they just a short time transient?  I think that if the configuration is changed for a 'running board', then there is a short time transient until present values from the previous session are cleared.  If the timeouts are persistent, then you might try 'incremental' increases as suggested by one of the people on the drillbitsystem forum.

Cheers
total timeout no hashing message:   DRB 0: timing out unresponsive ASIC 0 - 6
any setting with 950 in so using int:54:2:850 for 10 min 19.8GH/s avg 30C   a:2072 HW:143 so not to bad but less way less than yesterday

On the previous (pre-mod) board, I sometimes had to disconnect/reconnect the USB cable, or to cycle power to the board to make it start at 950.  The present board, in particular after the firmware update has no such problems and consistently starts at 950.  I assume that your board has the latest firmware, if not you should consider applying it.
I also found that my current board doesn't 'like' cgminer 3.9.0 and works consistently with the drillbit fork of 3.8.5. It works ok with 3.9.0 on a separate PC, but when connected to my main mining laptop (with a bunch of other USB miners and multiple instances of cgminer and bfgminer), it just wouldn't run on 3.9.0. The cgminer version is another thing that you may try.

Cheers
JBT

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 09:51:44 AM

On the previous (pre-mod) board, I sometimes had to disconnect/reconnect the USB cable, or to cycle power to the board to make it start at 950.  The present board, in particular after the firmware update has no such problems and consistently starts at 950.  I assume that your board has the latest firmware, if not you should consider applying it.
I also found that my current board doesn't 'like' cgminer 3.9.0 and works consistently with the drillbit fork of 3.8.5. It works ok with 3.9.0 on a separate PC, but when connected to my main mining laptop (with a bunch of other USB miners and multiple instances of cgminer and bfgminer), it just wouldn't run on 3.9.0. The cgminer version is another thing that you may try.

Cheers

did a power cycle and usb reconnect even rebooted pc and reflashed latest firmware, it did run at 52:950 when i got it, the problem started when my router did its 24 restart. the first time cgminer just froze, second time the 8baord went nuts. now only 850 is the only thing that works and av 19,8 to 20.4GH/s as reported by CGwatcher. also added a fan blowing on the other side of the board, temp stable at 30C at room temp of 32C
kabopar

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 12:29:06 PM

Cheers

did a power cycle and usb reconnect even rebooted pc and reflashed latest firmware, it did run at 52:950 when i got it, the problem started when my router did its 24 restart. the first time cgminer just froze, second time the 8baord went nuts. now only 850 is the only thing that works and av 19,8 to 20.4GH/s as reported by CGwatcher. also added a fan blowing on the other side of the board, temp stable at 30C at room temp of 32C
Maybe something got corrupted in the cgminer (or related cgwatcher) settings?  Perhaps it's worth trying a 'clean instance' of cgminer, first by itself without cgwatcher.  You may want to raise this at the DrillbitSystem forum where it may get more exposure/response from fellow drillbit users/developers.

Cheers
JBT

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 08:41:51 PM

Maybe something got corrupted in the cgminer (or related cgwatcher) settings?  Perhaps it's worth trying a 'clean instance' of cgminer, first by itself without cgwatcher.  You may want to raise this at the DrillbitSystem forum where it may get more exposure/response from fellow drillbit users/developers.

Cheers
already tried it yesterday made no difference, now the strange part been running the whole day on 54:2:850 and tried 52:2:950 again now....... now the bloody thing works?! running 5min 19 -23 GH/s 32C hw 1.15% now at 0.75%

What temp should the board be and which temp is high?

ed. fan(s) on heat sink a must but fan on otherside recommended
kabopar

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 09:52:06 PM

Maybe something got corrupted in the cgminer (or related cgwatcher) settings?  Perhaps it's worth trying a 'clean instance' of cgminer, first by itself without cgwatcher.  You may want to raise this at the DrillbitSystem forum where it may get more exposure/response from fellow drillbit users/developers.

Cheers
already tried it yesterday made no difference, now the strange part been running the whole day on 54:2:850 and tried 52:2:950 again now....... now the bloody thing works?! running 5min 19 -23 GH/s 32C hw 1.15% now at 0.75%

JBT,
Congrats, persistence pays....Smiley
I agree about the cooling, now have 3 fans 'surrounding' the drillbit8 board.  My board was previously connected directly to the PC USB2 port, yesterday I tried it through a hub with other devices and it worked fine with int:53:2:950 (has been running now for about 9 hours).  Temp reported by cgminer 3.8.5 is 32.1C.  I think that this board reached something like 36 C with poorer cooling and some people on the drillbitsystem forum http://drillbitsystem.com/forum/index.php?topic=230.0 show higher temps.  In general running it hotter would reduce reliability and possibly trigger some on-chip protection mechanisms.
It would be interesting if you find some consistent method to reach the OC settings reliably.
Cheers
JBT

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 10:24:40 PM

Cheers

JBT,
I agree about the cooling, now have 3 fans 'surrounding' the drillbit8 board.  My board was previously connected directly to the PC USB2 port, yesterday I tried it through a hub with other devices and it worked fine with int:53:2:950 (has been running now for about 9 hours).  Temp reported by cgminer 3.8.5 is 32.1C.  I think that this board reached something like 36 C with poorer cooling and some people on the drillbitsystem forum http://drillbitsystem.com/forum/index.php?topic=230.0 show higher temps.  In general running it hotter would reduce reliability and possibly trigger some on-chip protection mechanisms.
It would be interesting if you find some consistent method to reach the OC settings reliably.
Cheers

HA! spoke to soon after a 5min router restart cgminer disconnected due to no internet no asic timeouts no hashing so back to 54:2:850
kabopar

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 04:53:05 AM

Cheers

JBT,
Cheers

HA! spoke to soon after a 5min router restart cgminer disconnected due to no internet no asic timeouts no hashing so back to 54:2:850
Maybe it's just a dodgy internet connection?!
I guess that you need to keep exploring it if you want to get to the bottom/cause.... try the 'divide and conquer' approach, start with the simplest configuration available (single PC, one miner, direct USB connection, just cgminer etc.), change one thing at a time, document your steps so that you can retrace your path....
Good luck
JBT

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 09:17:19 AM

Maybe it's just a dodgy internet connection?!
I guess that you need to keep exploring it if you want to get to the bottom/cause.... try the 'divide and conquer' approach, start with the simplest configuration available (single PC, one miner, direct USB connection, just cgminer etc.), change one thing at a time, document your steps so that you can retrace your path....
Good luck
no the internet works. tried all i tried last time does not work with :950 and any other settings. asic unresposive...... and just as i was going to post this, it started working weird!?
forevernoob

Activity: 687

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 10:35:35 AM

JBT, I get "unresponsive ASIC" errors when my board goes over 35C, I guess some boards are more sensitive than others.
Now running it in the basement where it's a lot cooler. Really helps to have a good fan though.

JBT

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 10:37:51 AM

JBT, I get "unresponsive ASIC" errors when my board goes over 35C, I guess some boards are more sensitive than others.
Now running it in the basement where it's a lot cooler. Really helps to have a good fan though.

got two 40x40 fans on the heatsink mounted and a loose 60x60 just blowing on the other side steady at 33C so far.
kabopar

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 03:06:17 PM

got two 40x40 fans on the heatsink mounted and a loose 60x60 just blowing on the other side steady at 33C so far.
You may try to change the USB cable - see TK's post at http://drillbitsystem.com/forum/index.php?topic=256.30
JBT

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 05:57:55 PM

what is the chance of finding a block mining at 60GH/s ? i take it not very good  Grin
JBT

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 10:23:22 PM

You may try to change the USB cable - see TK's post at http://drillbitsystem.com/forum/index.php?topic=256.30

nope still get asic timeouts :950
then i tried 53:2:950 it works, this is all very inconstant
kabopar

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 02:49:02 AM

Just to investigate the cable effect, I tried the original "multi-color" cable that came with the board, and it worked fine at 53:2:950

At least your are kept busy by the mysteries of your board...Smiley
JBT

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 07:11:09 AM

Just to investigate the cable effect, I tried the original "multi-color" cable that came with the board, and it worked fine at 53:2:950

tried another usb cable also got the unresponsive asic issue, so its not the usb cable. tried 54:2:850 works and 52:2:950 did not work. tried 53:2:950 and suddenly that worked. maybe a firmware issue board initialization issue?
kabopar

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 09:51:19 AM

tried another usb cable also got the unresponsive asic issue, so its not the usb cable. tried 54:2:850 works and 52:2:950 did not work. tried 53:2:950 and suddenly that worked. maybe a firmware issue board initialization issue?
How do you 'start' your cgminer?  If you use a batch file with drillbit options and you also saved your cgminer configuration, be aware that the settings are also saved in the cgminer.conf file.  When you change the settings in the batch file that does not alter the cgminer.conf content and the batch file may not override those.  I have fallen into this trap in the past, just want to make sure that you did not.
I agree that the USB cable does not seem to make a difference in my case.
Good luck
JBT

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 11:35:42 AM

How do you 'start' your cgminer?  If you use a batch file with drillbit options and you also saved your cgminer configuration, be aware that the settings are also saved in the cgminer.conf file.  When you change the settings in the batch file that does not alter the cgminer.conf content and the batch file may not override those.  I have fallen into this trap in the past, just want to make sure that you did not.
Good luck

eveything starts via batch no config file saved, i also tried all  the things with a new cgminer from the zip file. same results. everything points to the 8board. other than this little snag the hashing goes on, i love this this board!
rocks
Legendary

Activity: 1153
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 05:33:33 PM

How do you 'start' your cgminer?  If you use a batch file with drillbit options and you also saved your cgminer configuration, be aware that the settings are also saved in the cgminer.conf file.  When you change the settings in the batch file that does not alter the cgminer.conf content and the batch file may not override those.  I have fallen into this trap in the past, just want to make sure that you did not.
Good luck

Not sure about others, but I have not been able to keep my single drillbit 8 board up for more than a day or two without cgminer crashing.

It seems to be USB related on a raspberrypi. cgminer hashes fine for a while, then kicks out errors regarding incomplete packet sizes and then crashes.

After having to constantly monitor and restart, I now just wrapped cgminer in the startup script below (thought I'd share it in case anyone else needs a quick/simple way to auto-restart cgminer). It simply monitors cgminer every 5 seconds and launches a new cgminer if the previous one crashed, this has worked fine and I no longer have to keep monitoring the board and manually restart.

If anyone has any ideas on why my cgminer might keep crashing, please share.

Code:
#!/bin/bash

while [ 1 ]
do
  sleep 5
  status=`ps -aef | grep cgminer | grep -v sudo | grep -v grep | wc -l`
  if [ $status -lt 1 ];then
    echo "Restarted cgminer on: `date`" >> drillbit_log
    ~/drillbit/cgminer/run_drillbit   // batch file to start cgminer with specific options
  fi
done
JBT

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 05:48:42 PM
Last edit: January 03, 2014, 10:19:30 PM by JBT

been running with 53:2:950 since 00:34 today av 23GH/s 33C

ed. and yet again after a restart :950 does not work.....unresponsive asic
kabopar

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 01:11:54 AM

been running with 53:2:950 since 00:34 today av 23GH/s 33C

ed. and yet again after a restart :950 does not work.....unresponsive asic
JBT:  what OS are you running this on, and how do you invoke cgminer?  (I think that you mentioned using cgwatcher - does it make a difference if you use cgminer directly?).
Playing yesterday with my drillbit board settings I found that while it consistently starts at 53:2:950, sometimes the resulting hash rate is lower.  I found that switching briefly to a different setting (52 or 54) and then to 53 brought the average hash rate back to the region of 22.5 GH/sec (WU=314.8, HW error~ 3-4%).  Maybe there are some persistent control settings that need to be over-written?

Cheers
Pages: « 1 ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 [133] 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 »
  Print  

Jump to: