Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 02:03:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 [115] 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DRILLBIT SYSTEM Miners - Avalon range available - Now $104.99!  (Read 273553 times)
thegoldbug

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 03:00:46 AM

So far I'm only able to get my computer to recognize 4 out of my 8 boards, along with 5 USB drillbits.

Even this was a major chore.   The best approach for a while was to start up cgminer-drill bit with the int:52:2:950  with just the USB drillbits plugged in.  Unfortunately they don't hash as fast without the ext:250:1:950 command.  I tried using both the ext and int parameters on the same line but no go.

Then, I would plug in one board and wait for the usb driver to be found, wait a little while and then plug in another board.  That got me to 4 boards working but the 5th board caused zombies.  I'm pulling power from 2 different computers and a 3rd standalone power supply (I'm short on molex connectors) so I should have enough power.

The whole setup is very sensitive and I've fought for the last 1/2 hour getting back to 4 boards and my 5 usb drillbits working.  I'm going to leave it alone for now and try to set the other boards up on another computer.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rob143

Activity: 138

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 03:01:41 AM

Got my 2 8 Chip Drillbits today and they are up and hashing at 18.5 to 19.4 Gh/s. I am using a fairly cheap power supply so it may be the reason I am not hitting a consistent 20 Gh/s or why the backplane refuse to work. I am pretty happy, great work Barn!

Completely refuse? How cheap is cheap, I got name brand 400+watt power supply for about 50 usd.

If you think its that cheap check out the black friday websites. I'd imagine someones got a supply you'd consider not cheap.

I am using an junky Echo Star and have a much better replacement on the way. I did notice that the chips need to be played with a bit to find a stable settings because the recomended settings ( --drillbit-options int:52:2:950)  did not work for me. Now I am using --drillbit-options int:54:2:850 and getting very few hardware errors.
nexus99
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 03:19:14 AM

What size standoffs should I use for these boards? I only have one, but I plan to add more down the line.
chadtn

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 03:38:28 AM

I've got one board that hashes at full speed, but puts out about 75% hardware errors.  I tried another board with the same power/usb cable and it works just fine.  I've got three boards up and running on three different computers at the moment.  They all seem to be averaging about 21.8 gigahashes at the recommended start settings.

Chad

▄██    ▐███████▄▄▄       ▄▄█████▄▄      ▄██▄      ▐██▄    ▒▓▓▄      ▄▓▓▒
     ███    ▐██▌▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ████▄     ▐██▌  ▐▓▄ ▀▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███   ███▌      ███▌   ██████    ▐██▌   ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▓▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐██▌    ▄████  ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███ ███▄  ▐██▌     ▀▓▓▄ ▀▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐█████████▀▀   ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███  ▀███ ▐██▌      ▓▓▓    ▓▓▓
     ███    ▐██▌   ▀███     ███▌      ███▌   ███    ██████▌   ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▓▓▄ ▓▓▓▄
     ███    ▐██▌     ███    ▀███▄▄▄▄▄████    ███     ▀████▌  ▐▓▀ ▄▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███     ▀▀██████▀▀     ███       ███▌    ▄▓▓▀      ▀▓▓▄
                  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄
             ▄▄█▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓▓▓▓█▄
           ▄▓▓▓█▀▀            ▀▀█▓▓█▄
         ▓▓▓█▀                    ▀▓▓█▄
       ▄▓▓▓▀                        ▀▓▓█
      ▄▓▓█                            █▓▓
      ▓▓▓                    ▄██▄     ▐▓▓█
     ▓▓▓                   ▄█▓▓▀       ▐▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓                 ▄█▓▓▀          ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓       ▓▓▓▄    ▓▓▓▓▀            ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓        ▀▓▓▓▄█▓▓▓▀             ▐▓▓▌
     ▀▓▓▓         ▀█▓▓█▀               █▓▓
      ▓▓▓▄                            ▓▓▓▌
       ▓▓▓█                         ▄█▓▓▀
        ▀▓▓█▄                     ▄▓▓▓█▀
          ▀▓▓▓█▄               ▄▄█▓▓█▀
            ▀▀█▓▓▓█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▓▓▓█▀
                ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▀▀
nexus99
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 03:39:33 AM

You have MONSTER boards then.
kabopar

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 03:39:53 AM

Well, I've now got 3 of 5 that aren't working...until I hear back from someone I'm not mining. 

Hopefully this gets resolved soon...it seems like they start working, go ZOMBIE, then stop working and won't power up again

Can you try the 'problem' boards one at a time on a separate PC?  (just to avoid the USB port assignment and potential conflicts with other boards/devices).

Another issue that I had is that I saved the cgminer settings (into cgminer.conf), but I was changing the Drillbit board settings through a batch file, so there was a conflict between the saved conf file and the instructions in the batch file.  This resulted in a few cases of ZOMBIE when I restarted cgminer after some drillbit option changes.  Renaming (or deleting) the .conf file solves this.

Good luck

The 2 problem boards won't even light up when I plug them in (directly or in mini-plane) so I don't think that would help.  The other 3 are working fine besides one tossing ~10% HW errors.
Looks like DOA (dead on arrival) to me... I hope you can get them replaced/refunded.
Good luck
console_cowboy

Activity: 98

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 03:40:25 AM

I've got one board that hashes at full speed, but puts out about 75% hardware errors.  I tried another board with the same power/usb cable and it works just fine.  I've got three boards up and running on three different computers at the moment.  They all seem to be averaging about 21.8 gigahashes at the recommended start settings.

Chad

What are your "starter" settings?
lajz99

Activity: 756

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 03:42:50 AM

If anyone is having issues or looking for resolution don't forget about the forums.

A thread was started for anyone having issues earlier to see if we can help each other out: http://drillbitsystem.com/forum/index.php?topic=196.0

techman05

Activity: 546

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 03:44:31 AM

I start mine connected to nothing and then connect to the usb on my hub. I usually wait for the green light. Also when I've tested(tried to get it to work), I unplug the usb from the other working one too.

Like the info address for potential tips Wink
BTC 1CL5BnNhdL2wDVmSDwMbW1cNhZew87CAPV
* http://www.miningrigrentals.com/register?ref=563
kabopar

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 03:45:17 AM

So far I'm only able to get my computer to recognize 4 out of my 8 boards, along with 5 USB drillbits.

Even this was a major chore.   The best approach for a while was to start up cgminer-drill bit with the int:52:2:950  with just the USB drillbits plugged in.  Unfortunately they don't hash as fast without the ext:250:1:950 command.  I tried using both the ext and int parameters on the same line but no go.

Then, I would plug in one board and wait for the usb driver to be found, wait a little while and then plug in another board.  That got me to 4 boards working but the 5th board caused zombies.  I'm pulling power from 2 different computers and a 3rd standalone power supply (I'm short on molex connectors) so I should have enough power.

The whole setup is very sensitive and I've fought for the last 1/2 hour getting back to 4 boards and my 5 usb drillbits working.  I'm going to leave it alone for now and try to set the other boards up on another computer.

I managed to separate the Thumb from the Drillbit board by using the --usb :1 entry on the batch file that starts each one of the instances (2 separate directories, each with its own instance of cgminer).  I first start the Thumb with its batch file (which has the oc settings, different for the Thumb which accepts 'ext' clock, while the board only uses 'int' clock source).  Once the Thumb is running, I connect the Drillbit Board, run its separate instance of cgminer with the selected --drillbit options....  This way they both co-exist on the same (ancient) laptop (together with a bunch of BE's, BF/RF devices).

Cheers
jedimstr

Activity: 798

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 03:58:34 AM

Well, I've now got 3 of 5 that aren't working...until I hear back from someone I'm not mining.  

Hopefully this gets resolved soon...it seems like they start working, go ZOMBIE, then stop working and won't power up again.  

I tested the ~150 boards I sent, one by one and they were all good... Are you using a hub?

2 of mine went dead too bobsag. They go for awhile before they go to sleep without waking up. So a quick test without hashing for a little while may not have exposed this issue.  Hoping a firmware update would resolve it, but for now they're effectively dead. One still has the green light and is visible to CGMiner, but won't hash at all (Timeouts). The other one seems totally dead without a green light anymore and not visible to CGMiner.

kabopar

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 04:00:38 AM

Chad

My current settings are --drillbit-options int:53:2:850  This produces slightly higher results than 'stock' (int:40:1:850).

had some issues with 950, but will continue exploring
kabopar

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 04:10:06 AM

Chad

My current settings are --drillbit-options int:53:2:850  This produces slightly higher results than 'stock' (int:40:1:850).

had some issues with 950, but will continue exploring
Trying --drillbit-options int:52:2:950 I am getting
'timing out unresponsive AsicX', the Drillbit 8 board doesn't start.  went back to int:53:2:850 and all is fine.

Cheers
chadtn

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 04:12:42 AM

Chad

--drillbit-options int:52:2:950 was listed on the drillbit website as being the recommended starter settings.  I'll let them run a little longer and try to take some screen shots.

bobsag3...Were there any spare boards packed in the shipment or should I contact Barntech?  I'm not sure what else to try with this last board.  It hashes full speed, but puts out about three times as many hardware errors as it does accepted shares.  Any ideas on what to do there?

Chad

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄
             ▄▄█▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓▓▓▓█▄
            ▀▀█▓▓▓█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▓▓▓█▀
                ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▀▀
eman5oh

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 04:17:59 AM

Hopefully this gets resolved soon...it seems like they start working, go ZOMBIE, then stop working and won't power up again.  

I tested the ~150 boards I sent, one by one and they were all good... Are you using a hub?

2 of mine went dead too bobsag. They go for awhile before they go to sleep without waking up. So a quick test without hashing for a little while may not have exposed this issue.  Hoping a firmware update would resolve it, but for now they're effectively dead. One still has the green light and is visible to CGMiner, but won't hash at all (Timeouts). The other one seems totally dead without a green light anymore and not visible to CGMiner.

I only have one board connected directly via USB and it hashed about 5 hour and then went zombie  as well. It does nothing now no green light no hashing nothing.  I hope we can get this sorted out.
thegoldbug

Activity: 90

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 04:21:03 AM

I finally got 6 Drillbit Eight boards and 5 usb drillbits running on the same computer.  

Turns out 2 of my 8 Eight boards won't turn on the green light.  I tried in know good miniplane and with good molex power but both seem dead.

I can only get 3 of the boards to be recognized when I start up cgminer-drillbit, the other 3 I have to manually plug in the USB cable and wait for it to be detected.

my settings are the standard 40:1:850     and my 6 boards are bouncing between 18.2 and 20.9 GH/s each.  I'm not going to fight it anymore tonight and let it run.  I hope it makes it until morning because I went out to check on it after my last post and my computer had no video display so that forced me to reboot and experiment some more.
beavertank

Activity: 94

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 04:36:15 AM

Yep. I'm seeing the same thing on two of my four (timeouts on some ASICs, then total connection loss and the green light is off).

Really, really hoping this is a firmware fixable thing.

One thing I'll point out here, as I did in the drillbit forum thread, was that I've discovered neither the Eight nor the Thumbs play nice with USB 3.0 ports. Connected to a USB 3 port, even through a USB 2.0 hub, they become invisible.

Did I help you out, or otherwise say something useful? A handful of satoshis are a great way to say thanks! - Address: 18JUKdmE1Satf8HJUU3pf7iu5ymQX8AzER
Zeek_W

Activity: 336

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 04:40:15 AM

Fuck, Im worried now

eman5oh

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 04:57:31 AM

On my zombied board I noticed that u20 located between the usb and molex get hot but nothing else does on the board.
chadtn

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 05:03:53 AM

I took screen shots, but didn't have anywhere to host them so I'll just post the results.  I haven't changed anything from the suggested int:52:2:950 start settings yet.

Board 1 is on my desktop and has been hashing for about 1h:15m.  It's averaging 22.39Gh/s with 23496 accepted, 192 rejected, and 14 HW errors. WU is 313.1/m

Board 2 is on a Raspberry Pi and has been hashing for about 1h.  It's averaging 21.89Gh/s with 18776 accepted, 128 rejected, zero hardware errors. WU is 305.8/m.

Board 3 is on my little Atom Netbook and has been hashing for about 2h.  It's averaging 21.69Gh/s with 47723 accepted, 160 rejected, and 14 hardware errors.  WU is 303.0/m.

Board 4 is still just putting out hardware errors.  I'm out of ideas on what to try with it.

Chad

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄
             ▄▄█▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓▓▓▓█▄
            ▀▀█▓▓▓█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▓▓▓█▀
                ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▀▀
Pages: « 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 [115] 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 »
  Print  

Jump to: