Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 07:26:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 ... 148 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DRILLBIT SYSTEM Miners - Avalon range available - Now $104.99!  (Read 273553 times)
Zeek_W

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 12:56:44 PM

Hoping they are good to go tomorrow and arrive monday?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
erk

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 01:03:19 PM

I hope they turn up before Xmas, the group buy started Aug 2nd. this is starting to become a BFL saga.

miter_myles

Activity: 742

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 01:09:42 PM

I hope they turn up before Xmas, the group buy started Aug 2nd. this is starting to become a BFL saga.

orly?  where are the lies, deceit, and company asshole bashing users/customers?

far from a "BFL saga" at this point

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
tel

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2013, 01:12:28 PM

submitted

erk

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 01:19:45 PM
Last edit: November 15, 2013, 03:26:05 AM by erk

orly?  where are the lies, deceit, and company asshole bashing users/customers?

BFL didn't lie to me, they just took 7mths to ship my Jalapenos.

Well ok, 6.5mths. but it felt like 7mths!

I was not one of the pre-order bunch before April, I didn't order until they had demonstrated working prototypes.
console_cowboy

Activity: 98

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 02:58:33 PM

orly?  where are the lies, deceit, and company asshole bashing users/customers?

BFL didn't lie to me, they just took 7mths to ship my Jalapenos.

So how far off the time they claimed they would ship are they? Maybe you just didn't read when the boards would ship when you ordered? Sounds like someone swallowed a bitter pill this morning.
Stinky_Pete

Activity: 560

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 03:59:39 PM

Post #39 is the closest I found to a timescale.

If it takes 6 weeks to complete your chip order, do you expect you'll be able to meet your October deadline?

I'm interested but after my experience with Avalon and K16s I'll need some encouragement.

Hey Sprint.

Just to clarify, we're not promising an October delivery. We have been told that we will get our hands on the Bitfury chips in October. Once we get the chips, our manufacture turnaround will be quite quick, somewhere in the realm of one to two weeks.

Thing is, there is nothing we can do about when the chips get to us. Having bought into Avalon based stuff myself and still not seen anything, i fully understand your trepidation. As with everything in bitcoin mining land, actually getting stuff when people say you will get it is often pretty dubious. In my communications with megabigpower, from whom we are getting the chips, it seems pretty solid to me that they will indeed be shipping in October, however to be perfectly honest, i will not be surprised if there are delays. Look at the way things have played out with BFL and Avalon.

I know that probably doesn't sound super reassuring, but i am trying to be as honest as i can. What i can promise is that we will do the board manufacture as soon as we get the chips, so if they do come in October, then late Oct / early Nov delivery will happen. Here's hoping there are no crazy delays on chip delivery. I do feel confident based on the communications i have had, but you never no.

Rest assured though, we have our end of things covered.

Barntech

console_cowboy

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 04:46:16 PM

Post #39 is the closest I found to a timescale.

If it takes 6 weeks to complete your chip order, do you expect you'll be able to meet your October deadline?

I'm interested but after my experience with Avalon and K16s I'll need some encouragement.

Hey Sprint.

Just to clarify, we're not promising an October delivery. We have been told that we will get our hands on the Bitfury chips in October. Once we get the chips, our manufacture turnaround will be quite quick, somewhere in the realm of one to two weeks.

Thing is, there is nothing we can do about when the chips get to us. Having bought into Avalon based stuff myself and still not seen anything, i fully understand your trepidation. As with everything in bitcoin mining land, actually getting stuff when people say you will get it is often pretty dubious. In my communications with megabigpower, from whom we are getting the chips, it seems pretty solid to me that they will indeed be shipping in October, however to be perfectly honest, i will not be surprised if there are delays. Look at the way things have played out with BFL and Avalon.

I know that probably doesn't sound super reassuring, but i am trying to be as honest as i can. What i can promise is that we will do the board manufacture as soon as we get the chips, so if they do come in October, then late Oct / early Nov delivery will happen. Here's hoping there are no crazy delays on chip delivery. I do feel confident based on the communications i have had, but you never no.

Rest assured though, we have our end of things covered.

Barntech

That was the timeline I remember seeing. They explained the situation very well, and since the chips didn't come till early November, this is the expected timeline. I think comparing this to BFL or Avalon at this point is pretty unfair! We all took a risk by preordering, and of course we all wish they had shipped earlier! At least we're not dealing with multimonth delays like cointerra and hashfast, for much more expensive systems. Hopefully we will mine some good coin, and I still feel these devices will be very profitable for fiat, and more profitable in BTC than buying BTC now. Hell, even my early asicminer blade is profitable in fiat now! I'm in mining for a hobby that also turns a profit, not as a get rich quick plan, so perhaps my views are different on the subject.
erk

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 08:40:24 PM

That was the timeline I remember seeing. They explained the situation very well, and since the chips didn't come till early November, this is the expected timeline. I think comparing this to BFL or Avalon at this point is pretty unfair! We all took a risk by preordering, and of course we all wish they had shipped earlier! At least we're not dealing with multimonth delays like cointerra and hashfast, for much more expensive systems. Hopefully we will mine some good coin, and I still feel these devices will be very profitable for fiat, and more profitable in BTC than buying BTC now. Hell, even my early asicminer blade is profitable in fiat now! I'm in mining for a hobby that also turns a profit, not as a get rich quick plan, so perhaps my views are different on the subject.

I ordered a NF1 Bitfury based USB stick project from the group buys section, on Oct 19th, and it was shipped out 3 weeks later. That group buy didn't start until mid September, some 5-6weeks after this one started, they also ordered their reel from Megabuypower.

nuff said.

miter_myles

Activity: 742

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 10:03:36 PM

I ordered a NF1 Bitfury based USB stick project from the group buys section, on Oct 19th, and it was shipped out 3 weeks later. That group buy didn't start until mid September, some 5-6weeks after this one started, they also ordered their reel from Megabuypower.

nuff said, I'm a little whiny bitch... gosh...

concur

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
console_cowboy

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 10:19:19 PM

nuff said.

Wait, so they are only four days ahead of this group buy and you're complaining? That could easily be due to different supply chains or numerous other reasons. Little soon to start calling BFL wouldn't you say?
erk

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 10:38:28 PM

nuff said.

Wait, so they are only four days ahead of this group buy and you're complaining? That could easily be due to different supply chains or numerous other reasons. Little soon to start calling BFL wouldn't you say?
Where do you get 4 days from? I suggest you read the NF1 group buy three properly.
Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 10:57:25 PM

Later than ideal / scheduled / hoped for / planned on?  Yes.  But not remotely like BFL.
But you know what they say about opinions......
FCTaiChi

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2013, 11:03:46 PM

Hi, I am adding your products to my page, but it seems that you have two different prices quoted on your website, which is different from the ones posted in the OP of this thread.

Mining Equipment Comparison Table                               Bitcoin News                             1nKAizrhGzvLfWBVfX8fGLAs6kxKV7aXM
console_cowboy

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 11:10:33 PM

nuff said.

Where do you get 4 days from? I suggest you read the NF1 group buy three properly.

Because math? You said you ordered the device on Oct 19th and it shipped three weeks later. That would be November 9th, so whoops, it shipped five days ago, not four days ago. Unless your math is off?

nuff said.
erk

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 11:24:03 PM

nuff said.

Because math? You said you ordered the device on Oct 19th and it shipped three weeks later. That would be November 9th, so whoops, it shipped five days ago, not four days ago. Unless your math is off?

nuff said.
Ah, adjacent key typo, I ordered Oct 10th. not the 19th., NF1 orders shipped Nov 5th. so technically 3.5weeks. and it was only 0.63BTC inc shipping when BTC/USD was $123, but that's another story.

lajz99

Activity: 756

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 11:36:16 PM

I just sent bobsag a message requesting daily updates from him since those of us in the US are now relying on him to ship and it sounds like he knows the status of the boards.  At least according to his last post...

Time to pipe down with this BFL nonsense...we're a bit behind, but hopefully we'll see our hardware shortly.

bobsag3

Activity: 546

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 11:47:39 PM

I just sent bobsag a message requesting daily updates from him since those of us in the US are now relying on him to ship and it sounds like he knows the status of the boards.  At least according to his last post...

Time to pipe down with this BFL nonsense...we're a bit behind, but hopefully we'll see our hardware shortly.

I can confirm this- nothing private about it.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 12:22:56 AM

Exactly..................sheesh erk,there you go again earning your name  Roll Eyes

BFL=1 YEAR LATE!!!!!!!!

Avalon=3 months late

Drillbit=on time!!!!!!!!!!

Cool   Grin   Cool   Grin

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
beavertank

Activity: 94

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 12:41:25 AM

Exactly..................sheesh erk,there you go again earning your name  Roll Eyes

BFL=1 YEAR LATE!!!!!!!!

Avalon=3 months late

Drillbit=on time!!!!!!!!!!

Cool   Grin   Cool   Grin

"On time" is a little bit charitable. The original shipping date was expected to be mid-October to early-November. We're now into mid-November and nothing has shipped yet. Given the updates, it's reasonable to expect things to ship soon, so we're far, far, far from a BFL or even Avalon situation, but we also aren't "on time" either.

Did I help you out, or otherwise say something useful? A handful of satoshis are a great way to say thanks! - Address: 18JUKdmE1Satf8HJUU3pf7iu5ymQX8AzER
Pages: « 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 ... 148 »
  Print  

Jump to: