Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:04:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 [369] 370 371 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [1050 TH] BitMinter.com [1% PPLNS,Pays TxFees +MergedMining,Stratum,GBT,vardiff]  (Read 836876 times)
Grimsley

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 07:34:53 AM

this is one of them on the opposite of the spectrum.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/t31.0-8/10535782_10152001803499229_5963806643496293557_o.jpg
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DrHaribo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1034

Needs more jiggawatts

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 08:30:13 AM

is this normal?  My HW is a 0 on my antminr s1.  My other are far higher.

I don't know what ratio of hardware errors is normal on S1. But zero is a good thing.

You may need to run it longer than 14-15 minutes to see how it performs, though.

▶▶▶ bitminter.com 2011-2020 ▶▶▶ pool.xbtodigital.io 2023-
Grimsley

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 09:54:20 AM

wasn't sure what the HW stood for.  but ya. based on the formula that I found online, the lower that number the better.  that second pick is of the worse antminer I have apparently.  They've all been running for about 2 hours or so since I reset everything and fired em up.  that bottom pick is unit 5 in my line up and is about 5 times as high as the rest of them not counts the top pick which is unit 3 in my line up.

based on the following formula
Error% = HW/(HW+DiffA+DiffR)*100
that unit 5 is cranking out 3.069%
and Unit 2 is like .00000068

is there a way to fix this on unit 5?  Or do I just have to live with it?
christhegoth

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 10:31:18 AM

is this normal?  My HW is a 0 on my antminr s1.  My other are far higher.

The hardware error for an s1 or s3 is calculated thusly:

( HW/ ( HW + DiffA + DiffR ) ) * 100.

So if your HW says zero you've had no f-ups Smiley
christhegoth

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 10:46:29 AM

Continuing the Pencil-modding an S1 thread we have...

Playing with Server PSU's!

Pencil-modding thread is here:

http://necellularsites.net/go-Cj9hgoUnpTc/undervolt-bitmaintech-antminer-s1-pencil-mod-technique-bitcoin-mining.html

By pencil-modding you change the power factor from 0.42 GH/w to about 0.5 GH/w.  But...

If you use a server PSU as well it takes the s1 to about 0.55-0.6 GH/w.  Which is handy stuff.  And if you want it even better marry it up with an s3 ( non-overclocked ).

I've got this rig now running.  I have a pencil-modded s1 and a non-overclocked s3 running on a 750w server PSU ( not crappy ATX's/Desktop supplies ).  It's a Dell Poweredge 750w.

- I get 370w for 440GH on the s3 ( used to be 440w running 2 ATX's to power it ).  That's 1.18 GH /w.

- I get 205w for 110GH on the s1.  That's 0.54 GH/w.

Average it across the 2 units ( using 110GH slices of hash ) and you have:

4 slices of 1.18 GH/w
1 slice of 0.54 GH/w

Do the math.  If you combine it you get 550GH at 575w.  Which is 0.96 GH/w.  Which is the same factor as my Coincraft Desk at Turbo M mode ( overclocked ).

So that's another 3 months out of your s1 you can squeeze before you have to switch it off?  It'll be something like that.

Handy eh?

Server PSU's require soldering to fit cables you can then connection block to, and you need to trick it into thinking it's on.  This site does the tricking bit:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1292514

I use uk 1.5mm flat cable, as it's rated at 20A when exposed to air.  The Dell unit I have has 3 rails doing 20a each.  So 2 rails go to the s3 ( one per side ), and 1 rail covers the s1 ( 1 going to both sides ).

Et voila.  A bit more hash out of your unit.

And if you turn down your s3 to 175 freq you can get the power factor up to 1.55 GH/w for the s3 whilst still pumping out 340 GH from it.  It's a pretty flexible rig.  Which is handy with BTC price low at present.

Enjoy Smiley
cenicsoft

Activity: 276
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 05:23:49 PM

this is one of them on the opposite of the spectrum.

Make sure you've upgraded to the latest S1 firmware and if that doesn't help, change the clock speed.  Some of them don't like certain clock speeds and throw off tons of hardware errors.

BannerCoin - officially trading on EtherDelta.
BannerView.com - Energize your Business Online, powered by BannerOS, the platform that turns your website into a powerful business tool.
cenicsoft

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 05:24:55 PM

I have tried a few pools.  the amount of bitcoins I have made on average has been the same.  Ghash you make very small amounts often. BTCguild you make slightly more, slightly less often. Bitminter large amounts less often.  but it seems to have averaged out that I have made roughly the same amount on each pool in the amount of time I spent on them.

Bitminter is by far the best pool I have tried.  It is stable, I get a better hashrate because i get very low errors on bitminter, and the quality of support is far far better on bitminter.  not to mention the quality of the website, the accuracy of the live stats.....It may seem like the other pools are better but in the long run....bitminter is the best choice.

Even with the difficulty changes it seems to average.  Funny how we get three relatively quick blocks after a whale leaves the pool.

BannerView.com - Energize your Business Online, powered by BannerOS, the platform that turns your website into a powerful business tool.
Grimsley

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 02:27:59 AM

More water in the pool for us.  Grin

as for firmware upgrading, I've not dove into them very deep.  I just learned last night how to change the clocking speeds.  I lowered them all from freq 400 to freq 393.75.  They seem to be getting better speeds with cooler temps, so they're not being overworked in that aspect anymore.

cenicsoft

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2014, 02:47:37 AM

More water in the pool for us.  Grin

as for firmware upgrading, I've not dove into them very deep.  I just learned last night how to change the clocking speeds.  I lowered them all from freq 400 to freq 393.75.  They seem to be getting better speeds with cooler temps, so they're not being overworked in that aspect anymore.

They were running way to high.  393.75 is pushing them hard, 400 is pretty crazy to run them that high.  The max I've done is 381. Higher than that and they become unstable or throw lots of hardware errors.

Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 09:20:42 AM

[...] then quickly to 600, and 1,000 TH. [...]

That was when ASICMINER was mining on bitminter (briefly).

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
christhegoth

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 12:11:18 PM

Continuing the Pencil-modding an S1 thread we have...

Playing with Server PSU's!

Pencil-modding thread is here:

http://necellularsites.net/go-Cj9hgoUnpTc/undervolt-bitmaintech-antminer-s1-pencil-mod-technique-bitcoin-mining.html

By pencil-modding you change the power factor from 0.42 GH/w to about 0.5 GH/w.  But...

If you use a server PSU as well it takes the s1 to about 0.55-0.6 GH/w.  Which is handy stuff.  And if you want it even better marry it up with an s3 ( non-overclocked ).

I've got this rig now running.  I have a pencil-modded s1 and a non-overclocked s3 running on a 750w server PSU ( not crappy ATX's/Desktop supplies ).  It's a Dell Poweredge 750w.

- I get 370w for 440GH on the s3 ( used to be 440w running 2 ATX's to power it ).  That's 1.18 GH /w.

- I get 205w for 110GH on the s1.  That's 0.54 GH/w.

Average it across the 2 units ( using 110GH slices of hash ) and you have:

4 slices of 1.18 GH/w
1 slice of 0.54 GH/w

Do the math.  If you combine it you get 550GH at 575w.  Which is 0.96 GH/w.  Which is the same factor as my Coincraft Desk at Turbo M mode ( overclocked ).

So that's another 3 months out of your s1 you can squeeze before you have to switch it off?  It'll be something like that.

Handy eh?

Server PSU's require soldering to fit cables you can then connection block to, and you need to trick it into thinking it's on.  This site does the tricking bit:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1292514

I use uk 1.5mm flat cable, as it's rated at 20A when exposed to air.  The Dell unit I have has 3 rails doing 20a each.  So 2 rails go to the s3 ( one per side ), and 1 rail covers the s1 ( 1 going to both sides ).

Et voila.  A bit more hash out of your unit.

And if you turn down your s3 to 175 freq you can get the power factor up to 1.55 GH/w for the s3 whilst still pumping out 340 GH from it.  It's a pretty flexible rig.  Which is handy with BTC price low at present.

Enjoy Smiley

I've added a couple of pikatures of the arse-end of the PSU ( Dell Power-edge 750w ) to show you what you need to do.  There is soldering involved.

http://gothfiles.org.uk/images/ServerSelfie1.JPG

http://gothfiles.org.uk/images/ServerSelfie2.JPG

With those cables in place all 3 rails can be tapped for 20a each at 12v.  The cables are 1.5mm twin & earth cores ( UK ).

The grey cable links the 3 pins that are needed to trick the PSU into turning on.  This was made out of a ribbon cable for a floppy drive.  Hacksaw off bits of connector to make a block of 3x2 and a block of 2x2.  Remove all the metal bits ( teeth ) bar the ones needed to access the 3 pins.  Push the blocks you've made onto the pins.  They'll fit snugly.  3x2 at the left in this case ( with 2 teeth left as there are 2 pins to access ), and 2x2 on the right ( with one tooth left for that one pin ).

Then link them ( the 3 teeth you've kept ) with a bit of ribbon cable, by pushing the cable between the teeth ( which breaks the insulation and makes the connection to the cable ).

You should only have 3 teeth total across the 2 blocks if you've done it right.  Plug in a kettle lead and she'll fire up.
Ososober

Activity: 68

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 06:06:42 AM

has anyone thought about making a cloud server here? i for one, do not have much available space for the hardware, but would like to increase hashing, would it be possible, or even thought of?
christhegoth

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 06:15:41 AM

has anyone thought about making a cloud server here? i for one, do not have much available space for the hardware, but would like to increase hashing, would it be possible, or even thought of?

UK Banks will not fund anything that is classed as Financial, as they want to protect their Monopoly.

So you'd need someone with a lot of cash to cover the hardware.

And mega-cheap electricity to do it.  Like the Icelandic Datacentres for example ( Geothermal-central ).  Or someone with access to a ton of Solar or Wind power.
theweiss

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 03:27:54 PM

You can find lots of places where you can have you stuff hosted or you can buy hashing power from a cloud hashing outfit.

Here's a link to a place that hosts mining equipment.
http://bitcoinasichosting.com/

Here is a link about Cloud Hosting
http://www.coindesk.com/information/cloud-mining-bitcoin-guide/

I know of couple folks that get friends to host their equipment either at their homes or in their places of business as well.
jfederkins

Activity: 296

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 03:51:48 AM

You can find lots of places where you can have you stuff hosted or you can buy hashing power from a cloud hashing outfit.

I know of couple folks that get friends to host their equipment either at their homes or in their places of business as well.

I have 400GH running in my son's dorm room at college. He has recruited a friend to host another 400GH for me starting next week. I send him 30% of the BTC we earn each month to help pay his beer expense  Wink

Great use of my old S1's. I can even overclock them  Grin
HerbPean
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 03:58:22 AM

I have 400GH running in my son's dorm room at college. He has recruited a friend to host another 400GH for me starting next week. I send him 30% of the BTC we earn each month to help pay his beer expense  Wink

EPIC !!!
ichtus27

Activity: 72

http://leaserig.net/index.jsp?rfid=6679

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 10:35:26 AM

Jet again i thought: i am not making much money, to little bitcoins.
Let's go back after my last cash out and enjoy Slush pool ware it go's faster.
(oh boy..... Grin).

No block today and no block on 30 last month, on slush pool all days blocks.

Block where for my with my s1 that i can not overclock so it's 180gh/s about 0,00070000 on slush pool and 0,00452587 Here.

So if i were on both pools with 180gh/s,... well.. then i made on Bitminter 270(6 blocks) and on Slush's 210(30 blocks).

It may go slow, but earning more. Not counted the tiny by making nmc...

Don't know what other pools do/make, but i need to stay here.

christhegoth

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 10:47:51 AM

Jet again i thought: i am not making much money, to little bitcoins.
Let's go back after my last cash out and enjoy Slush pool ware it go's faster.
(oh boy..... Grin).

No block today and no block on 30 last month, on slush pool all days blocks.

Block where for my with my s1 that i can not overclock so it's 180gh/s about 0,00070000 on slush pool and 0,00452587 Here.

So if i were on both pools with 180gh/s,... well.. then i made on Bitminter 270(6 blocks) and on Slush's 210(30 blocks).

It may go slow, but earning more. Not counted the tiny by making nmc...

Don't know what other pools do/make, but i need to stay here.

Yup.  As people switch off their S1's many pools have shrunk a little.  And that will effect performance.

I just hope they broke even.  With BTC prices so low at present being a Miner is not easy.
theweiss

Activity: 104

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 04:20:35 PM

EPIC !!!

Indeed!  This is spectacular!!!!!  Now I'm starting to think of who I know that is currently living on a campus.....
Barnabe

Activity: 616
Merit: 503

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 04:28:22 PM

In some other posts, some people tell that miners could be dangerous in closed rooms (because of VOC). Tell your son to ventilate his room  Smiley

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Pages: « 1 ... 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 [369] 370 371 »
  Print  

Jump to: